The Madrid One
Vibe
Valkyrja
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Marco Asensio - Page 2 Empty Re: Marco Asensio

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:52 pm

I'll give credit to Bill on this one. Since last summer, he's been saying that Asensio is a talent and deserves to get a first team look. I wasn't convinced.

Kid has special talent. But I hope he doesn't get buried once CR and Benzema come back.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:55 pm

:wub:

I get the sense that Zidane is going to give entire squad action. Obviously these early games with regular starters not fit or injured is the opportunity for the reserves to show their stuff and most are taking advantage of that. When everyone gets back, the issue will be pecking order in terms of opportunities. For BBC, there is Morata, Asensio, Lucas and then James, possibly Isco, although I think his action is being limited to MF.

So issues for Asensio will be

1. Will Zidane give Ronaldo some regular rest?
2. Does James ever step it up?
3. If Bale is subbed, does Asensio (or Morata) get the call before Lucas?

With James, does he stay or go to Arsenal, and if he does go, do they bring in another forward (lol should be a DM, but I think we know that won't happen). Rumour today was Alexis! That move would definitely effect Asensio and Lucas!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by phenom Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:47 am

"The best left foot after Messi"

Then put him on the right wing like Messi n not play on the left
When he is ready u can have him on right ,bale on left and Ronaldo in center
phenom
phenom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Marco Asensio on the Real Madrid crisis: 'I'm not the one who needs to take charge. There are other players in the club with more experience who should be the ones taking charge'

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2018/11/13/5beb28e822601dc4118b4647.html

--------------------------------------------

Well, that's not really the mentality you expect from a Spanish future "WC player".

Asensio has been nothing but utter shite this season despite trusted as a starter by Lopetegui who got axed. The guy is a great shooter from distance, but his overall play is nothing special tbh.

I hope he enjoys the bench now that Lucas is ahead of him in pecking order Laughing

Last edited by Varnagel on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:47 pm

I like it. Means he accepts the bench.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 pm

He's right. I think his problem this season is that he has tried to do too much. He can be that player in the future, but right now he should be playing his role and allowing "superstars" like Bale, Benz, and Modric to take the spotlight. Problem is our "superstar" players have failed us so far. not so much Benz- he has done alright this season overall so far, better than expected, but Modric, and Bale have been ghosts among others.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:04 am

vanDEEZ wrote:He's right. I think his problem this season is that he has tried to do too much. He can be that player in the future, but right now he should be playing his role and allowing "superstars" like Bale, Benz, and Modric to take the spotlight. Problem is our "superstar" players have failed us so far. not so much Benz- he has done alright this season overall so far, better than expected, but Modric, and Bale have been ghosts among others.
do too much?? Barely puts the effort to track back Laughing

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:33 am

Varnagel wrote:Marco Asensio on the Real Madrid crisis: 'I'm not the one who needs to take charge. There are other players in the club with more experience who should be the ones taking charge'

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2018/11/13/5beb28e822601dc4118b4647.html

--------------------------------------------

Well, that's not really the mentality you expect from a Spanish future "WC player".

Asensio has been nothing but utter shite this season despite trusted as a starter by Lopetegui who got axed. The guy is a great shooter from distance, but his overall play is nothing special tbh.

I hope he enjoys the bench now that Lucas is ahead of him in pecking order Laughing

His shooting ability matters little when he's playing on the left, and he's more one-footed than a war veteran amputee. I just don't feel that he's being utilized properly on the left. Then again, who else can we put there? Isco? Vasquez? Fede Valverde? rofl
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:03 am

He should be offloaded in January just for that quote. At the same time, he shouldn't ever step onto the field again till he's sold because he is shit.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:46 am

No wonder he plays like he dgaf. Idiot, this is his 3rd season here, at some point he's got to step up and take responsibility and not hide behind the others
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:19 am

One thing I admired about Varane when he was younger, was that he always looked like he would face any challenge head on. He looked more mature and composed than his seniors, and his interviews gave me the impression that he was more ambitious than most players.

I don't think Asensio put a lot of thought into his statement, but he turns 23 in january. If he considers himself a part of the team's core, or a future part of it, he can't deflect responsibility to his senior team mates until he's in his late 20s. I think he's been gifted with an extremely rare opportunity to show his worth this season, yet so far, he's been frustratingly careful in his performances, and he's done nothing to justify a starting spot, even if you give him the benefit of the doubt for playing in a position he may not be entirely comfortable with.

I don't think it's fair to compare him to the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, but I think the resolution and ambition in CR at that age, was a decisive factor in what set him apart from everyone else. He maintained his sharpness, even if there was no competition for his spot. That's how you improve yourself.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Chill guys, he was never starter material to begin with and this is just proof that he accepts a secondary role in the squad.

When utilized correctly he can score these awesome clutch goals for you like he did vs Atletico and Barca.

Mind you these goals were sexy asf too.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:05 pm

he is quality. still young. he will find his way. give him time.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:13 pm

He just isn't ready for it yet and also they are playing him on wrong side.

I believe they would be better off giving Vinicius a legit chance playing that left side.

As much as the team has looked better lately, this still will be a transitional year and thus we are best off evaluating all of the options so going into next summer, they should know what we have on hand, what needs to be replaced and which players should be send off on loan or sold.

I believe Asensio does have talent, but given he is an AM (a RAM at that), he is best suited both this year and next (assuming they bring in scorers next summer) to be more suited to off the bench replacement.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:36 pm

What exactly is Asensio's best position?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:44 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:He's right. I think his problem this season is that he has tried to do too much. He can be that player in the future, but right now he should be playing his role and allowing "superstars" like Bale, Benz, and Modric to take the spotlight. Problem is our "superstar" players have failed us so far. not so much Benz- he has done alright this season overall so far, better than expected, but Modric, and Bale have been ghosts among others.

this a prime example of what I'm talking about with madrid fans always wanna hype up these players and dish the blame on scapegoats, no wonder you agree that sounds exactly like what madrid fan would say, asensio play at the start of season doesn't reflect in these statenents, he clearly tried to be the main guy that why he was doing too much in the first place, asensio, isco, ordi and carvajal were all out there playing within themselves during matches and derailed the team, cause jlo was the one in charge and allowing it, kept telling you guys, aren't watching games properly cause your too focused on benzema not what going on with the team as a whole.

The way benzema is playing now his how he should have been since the season began as one of the most senior attackers/players in the team, direct early passes for his runs and taking any shots he wants, I said this even when Benz was scoring cause he looked like he had the same role with no cr, standing around waiting on crosses or just linking up and watching midfield, defenders, wingers shooting or creating their shots instead of supporting him like a primary option, now your seeing benzema isn't as inept as a cf you want him to be, when he can focus on scoring and getting proper support, that clearly a coaching decision from jlo that why he got fired this is not the Spain NT and I still feel bad for him cause he chose to box himself in, when all he had to do was drop a couple players and uplift some other ones.

Solari as enough brains to remove his biases and set a proper structure with your real best players and play to their strengths, the core players are experienced and good enough to handle themselves on the pitch, just man manage them and stop trying to be barca lite.

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:58 pm

futbol_bill wrote:He just isn't ready for it yet and also they are playing him on wrong side.

I believe they would be better off giving Vinicius a legit chance playing that left side.

As much as the team has looked better lately, this still will be a transitional year and thus we are best off evaluating all of the options so going into next summer, they should know what we have on hand, what needs to be replaced and which players should be send off on loan or sold.

I believe Asensio does have talent, but given he is an AM (a RAM at that), he is best suited both this year and next (assuming they bring in scorers next summer) to be more suited to off the bench replacement.

Lmao this is rich so where is the blind hatred and fury? Where is that not madrid mentality he got to want it talk? As usual the things you guys say on here are all agenda driven, maybe asensio doesn't fit like James or maybe is ceiling is a bench warmer like isco I mean LV, or maybe a gutless coward like benzema? You guys Laughing.

Asensio problem is that he is a simply a role player, with a decent shot once he truly accepts that he can be very good, and quietly work on his game in training and improve don't be a next isco who relies on pity praise from bernabeau and Spanish media, go out there and earn, which I doubt since he is so quick to dish the blame on the seniors and pretend like he doesn't know why he got dropped doesn't have the guts to take it like a certain cowardly cf would so funny really.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:53 am

Did he really say he wants to be benched till the end of his days? He is not good enough to be a long term Madrid starter anyway. His football is too limited
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:17 am

Doc wrote:What exactly is Asensio's best position?

Yeah he's not even a AM. His decision-making is far too poor for that. Like Isco, he's stuck in between. Not a striker and not a midfielder.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 am

sportsczy wrote:
Doc wrote:What exactly is Asensio's best position?

Yeah he's not even a AM. His decision-making is far too poor for that. Like Isco, he's stuck in between. Not a striker and not a midfielder.

He's not remotely close to Isco as a footballer.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:23 am

Understood. Just saying that his profile is the same as Isco while Isco is far better imo...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:Understood. Just saying that his profile is the same as Isco while Isco is far better imo...

Isco is adept as the most advanced player in a 3 man mid and as a number 10. Asensio strikes me as a 4222 player as one of the two behind the strikers. Isco can play that role too
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Its so disappointing to hear him say that when Madrid have such high hopes for him. He is saying he is not ready to lead it's honest but I prefer irrational confidence. Lack of ambition to become an elite player imo, his life I madridust have become comfortable...

Everyone in Spain is roasting him, specially Marca. What a stupid thing to say
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:59 pm

As soon as teams saw that he is completely inept with his right foot... and in fact won't even go there... it was over for Asensio. IF he gets that figured out, he can be extremely good.

He plays no defense. But so don't a lot of people.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:21 pm

I see nothing wrong with what he said. He's just a kid who got overhyped by a portion of the fanbase at some point and the board was dumb enough to believe that he's some kind of a world beater. Now, he's being criticized for not living up to the hype that his very detractors created.

And he's not the only one who doesn't deserve to be a starter at Madrid nor is he the only one who got at some point overhyped to the moon.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Marco Asensio - Page 2 Dr6u4-ZXgAAXGk9

Full quote and quite frankly, I appreciate the honesty. Some men are leaders and relish the responsibility and some men prefer to be a supporting cast. Hope he finds the place where he can prosper.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: