Vibe
Valkyrja
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Marco Asensio - Page 3 Empty Re: Marco Asensio

Post by Doc Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Marco Asensio - Page 3 Dr6u4-ZXgAAXGk9

Full quote and quite frankly, I appreciate the honesty. Some men are leaders and relish the responsibility and some men prefer to be a supporting cast. Hope he finds the place where he can prosper.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Doc wrote:Marco Asensio - Page 3 Dr6u4-ZXgAAXGk9

Full quote and quite frankly, I appreciate the honesty. Some men are leaders and relish the responsibility and some men prefer to be a supporting cast. Hope he finds the place where he can prosper.

Even with full quote I'm still no impressed with his mentality. Like the answer is so damn easy I'm not sure why or how he could have messed it up.

If a reporter is asking how he can carry/help the team the answer should be along the lines of "I will continue to do my best/improve etc while helping my team in any way I can and listening to what Solari thinks is best.

He's got to own up to his performances and state that's going to keep working to improve. Like that's it.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:35 pm

Nothing wrong whatsoever with what he says, and it's not worth starting discussions over it unless you're hellbent on nitpicking and taking words out of context.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:15 pm

I'm sick and tired of the betas on this damn team. Since Ronaldo left, we basically have no rational alphas left on the team. Bale beta. Benz beta. Asensio ultra beta. Navas/court beta etc... Ramos and marcelo are the only alphas left and one of their IQ is considered a moronic state and the other doesn't even play the position he is put in.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:39 am

Rational alphas, that is such an apt term. Love it and yeah, we are clearly lacking those.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:04 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Nothing wrong whatsoever with what he says, and it's not worth starting discussions over it unless you're hellbent on nitpicking and taking words out of context.

Wanna talk about your grievances? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:26 pm

You should read the interview with Asensio that was in Marca today. He has clarified what he was saying and what was misrepresented (or interpreted). It kind of runs counter to a lot of what was in this thread. But he does essentially say he is being played at the wrong position. On the right or more central is what is the normal position for him.

It remains to be seen how he will flair the remainder of this season, but next season is going to be a difficult set of decisions for the club in terms of forwards.

While I'm ignoring the raft of rumours particularly regarding SA youth, there will be at least 9 players in competition for 6 or at most 7 positions. I'm assuming both Benz and Bale will be gone (but even there, nothing is certain). I do assume that the club will sign at least one, probably two new forwards so called super stars. And incoming will be Vinicius, Rodrygo, Odegaard to compete with the likes of Mariano, Lucas, Asensio and likely James.

It's possible that they will simply say Rodrygo or Vinicius or Odegaard are not yet ready, avoiding any drama, but no doubt the competition for our weakest area is about to get vert stiff.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

I completely understand his issues with playing on the left, I've mentioned it quite a few times already. He still has to put in the effort, though. I'm not necessarily referring to his work rate, but what has looked like an unambitious mentality from what I've seen from him on quite a few occasions this season.

Maybe he's been instructed to play it safe, but in contrast to his performances from last season, he hasn't looked willing to stand out and be anywhere close to the player that the club and the fans expect him to be - and I believe this is the main reason why people jumped to conclusions when he seemed to shift responsibility to his seniors in that interview.

Even if he's not completely comfortable in his designated position, he's found himself in many situations this season where it absolutely wouldn't have mattered if he had taken a few risks, as opposed to passing the ball backwards and sideways. Based on the recent string of his performances, it's only natural to conclude that he's been relying on others to hopefully do the dirty work that needs to be done in order to break the deadlock. He clearly has a lot of talent, but he's been looking like a poor man's Toni Kroos (minus the ambidexterity) on the left this season. He may have been playing on the wrong wing, but I know he's still capable of more than the mediocrity he's been showing. Normally, you'd expect someone of his age to show more hunger than the senior players.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:02 am

Tbh his best position is central bench. Hes more lethal as a super sub until I see otherwise.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:17 am

The Madrid One wrote:
Dec 2015:

His left foot is noteworthy enough that his teams apparently designate him as corner and free kick taker but in terms of his actual passing skill and variety, i believe i still haven't seen very high level examples.

As long as he garners and maintains good concepts of work ethic and player movement, i can see Marco maybe playing at Madrid some day (as he keeps evolving elsewhere), if not necessarily as an all an out elite starter.

He also seems to have noteworthy dribbling/ball handling, but it shouldnt be overestimated.
3 years later and little has changed
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:05 pm

https://imgur.com/a/Q4NJRFX

@Hala
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Doc wrote:https://imgur.com/a/Q4NJRFX

@Hala

LMAOOO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:02 pm

this years version of Lucas and Asensio have the worst decision making and final pass i have ever seen.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:54 pm

I think it's always been present in Lucas. Asensio has just looked awkward and uninspired since he was moved to the left wing.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Mamad wrote:this years version of Lucas and Asensio have the worst decision making and final pass i have ever seen.

Asensio decision making is terrible because he has one foot. He is the most one footed player I have ever seen. And he doesn't have enough explosiveness to abuse it like robben or messi.. even those two use their right foot. Just look at dembele for example. 2 feet and Pace for days. there's no way defenders will know what he will do.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Dembele is completely two-footed though.  Believe it or not, he's actually a natural left footer. Point well made however. If you're going to be completely one-sided, you need to be dominant on that side to play at the highest level. And the fall off will be dramatic once you slow down imo.

Too bad he can't wake up on time though lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm

As Hala wrote, he just needs proper guidance. If he had proper leaders like Xavi and Puyol to look up to, he would have had a better time with integrating with the squad and I suppose waking up on time. Instead, he has not captain material like Pique, Suarez and Messi.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:39 am

He has been pretty poor this season.

And he can't complain about getting the opportunities.

He looks like he has lost a lot since his injury. Speed, maybe confidence in his ability.

Reminds me of Jese. He was about to be the next best winger. That crashed.

Maybe he needs to adjust his game, maybe adjustment in position.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:22 am

Pretty poor ? He's been beyond shit lol

2 goals in 31 games, that's less than Valverde a midfielder who's been injured for 3 months

Never been good enough though. Only thing that was worth anything was his shooting.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:17 pm

I dont agree Cyborg I thought he was crap before his injury and that now famous quote where he says "others should step up and lead" (as he doesn't see himself doing that) pretty much nailed it that this guy is not going to be star we thought

He had a hot start, was great off the bench, scored those wonder goals against Barca, made the Spanish media hype him up as the next big thing only for everyone to realize he is below average.

His only saving grace is that he cost us pennies and would be sold for a very high return. Time to.cash in
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3