Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

+32
Firenze
Lord Spencer
Casciavit
FennecFox7
El Gunner
danyjr
Winter is Coming
BarcaLearning
Valkyrja
sportsczy
FilthyLuca
Curtinho
breva
S
Lord Awesome
B-Mac
Hapless_Hans
Doc
Kaladin
Gil
Unique
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
M99
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Myesyats
jibers
McAgger
RealGunner
free_cat
farfan
36 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by futbol Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Fußball wrote:Is there any Portuguese/Brazilian who isn't named Silva?

Ricardo Quaresma
Christiano Ronaldo
Alex Sandro
Origi
Fabio Coentrao

Let us not get into technicalities

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by M99 Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:04 pm

RealScrubber is still wrong.

Alex Sandro's full name is Alex Sandro Lobo Silva. And Coentrao's name is Fábio Alexandre da Silva Coentrão.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:06 pm

I underestimated how uncreative Brazilians and Brazilian B's are

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:36 pm

M99 wrote:RealScrubber is still wrong.

Alex Sandro's full name is Alex Sandro Lobo Silva. And Coentrao's name is Fábio Alexandre da Silva Coentrão.

lol and Origi is from Belgium.

2/5
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:44 pm

Fußball wrote:Is there any Portuguese/Brazilian who isn't named Silva?
Seriously, this guy has the most common name out there. Will be a detriment to his career, he will suffer from the Pedro syndrome.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:07 am

I'm sure RG meant Ilori Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:14 am

Sérgio Oliveira is another one to watch aswell.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:59 am

Farfan trying to take credit for my scouting. :facepalm:

Andre Gomes, Silva & William should all be starters for Portugal before the Euros begin.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:07 am

Gil wrote:Farfan trying to take credit for my scouting. :facepalm:

Andre Gomes, Silva & William should all be starters for Portugal before the Euros begin.
it wont matter anyway. Portugal allways have top class mf players. but they never have good defenders of strikers.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:09 am

Be a good laugh when they are still shit and everyone tries to claim they are not a good team when Ronaldo can't do nothing with them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:12 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Be a good laugh when they are still shit and everyone tries to claim they are not a good team when Ronaldo can't do nothing with them.

not as funny as your attempt to convince us that Argentina = Portugal last summer and that messi flopping with what's available to him is similar to Ronldo's case with portugal . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:18 am

Again you are misinterpreting my position.

I said he had no excuse not getting out of the group stage and he didn't and if Messi did the same thing with the same players there would have been uproar.

Which is true, i genuinely can't wait for the players you are hyping now are called scrubs when they can't help him achieve tournament success and the excuses start rolling out.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:34 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Again you are misinterpreting my position.

I said he had no excuse not getting out of the group stage and he didn't and if Messi did the same thing with the same players there would have been uproar.

Which is true, i genuinely can't wait for the players you are hyping now are called scrubs when they can't help him achieve tournament success and the excuses start rolling out.

i stand corrected, you actually argued that the backbone of the Portuguese team ( defense + mid ) is actually better than Argentina's by a mile . Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Was reading the now locked Ronaldo 2 goals thread.

Something i really don't understand is how Portugal are some how a bad team yet Argentina are great....

Portugal's back 4 and midfield is miles betters than Argentina's its not even funny, yes their forwards apart from Ronaldo are crap but despite common consensus from GL who has also brought us such classics like "City have the best squad in the PL by a mile and Chelsea's squad is crap Mourinho is a hero" A team does not just exist of forwards.

The whole team has to be taken into consideration.... Pepe, Alves, Coentrao and Moutinho would walk into the Argentina team blind folded..... but i suppose that doesn't matter because they are not scoring goals.  Rolling Eyes 

Both Portugal and Argentina are great teams and if Messi or/and Ronaldo don't do what is expected of them they have flopped as hard as anyone.

Simple as.

i'd like to see a portuguese midfield that's better than Di maria-Mascherano-Banega Laughing
let's not even get into the number 10 options for Argentina ( Pastore, Pereyra , Lamela ) of which Portugal has none . Laughing

by the time the players we're hyping are old enough to make an impact , Ronaldo would be long gone .

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:35 am

Unique wrote:

it wont matter anyway. Portugal allways have top class mf players. but they never have good defenders of strikers.

Eh? Portugal haven't had a top class midfield in ages wasn't too long ago Veloso & Meireles were starting.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:46 am

Gil wrote:
Unique wrote:

Eh? Portugal haven't had a top class midfield in ages wasn't too long ago Veloso & Meireles were starting.
but over the years they have had some top class mf players. but nothing up front. and nothing much at the back.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:14 am

Di Maria-Mascherano-Banega didn't exist at that World Cup and i'd still argue Portugal's defense is better anyway.

It's alright bringing up these no 10 names now but they were not used at that World Cup, Messi was the no 10.... it's just a wonderful way of using hindsight because most of what you are arguing didn't exist then.

Fact of the matter is, that Portugal side where more than good enough to get through *bleep* Yanks and Ghana Laughing but yet excuses were made, same excuses which wouldn't be made for most of the other top players.

Anyone think Benzema would have excuses if France were shit? like *bleep* would he Laughing

You are fapping over these Portuguese players now and i can guarantee as quick as you have grown to like them, you will quickly turn on them when they don't produce the goods for Ronaldo Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:19 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Di Maria-Mascherano-Banega didn't exist at that World Cup and i'd still argue Portugal's defense is better anyway.

It's alright bringing up these no 10 names now but they were not used at that World Cup, Messi was the no 10.... it's just a wonderful way of using hindsight because most of what you are arguing didn't exist then.

Fact of the matter is, that Portugal side where more than good enough to get through *bleep* Yanks and Ghana Laughing but yet excuses were made, same excuses which wouldn't be made for most of the other top players.

Anyone think Benzema would have excuses if France were shit? like *bleep* would he Laughing

You are fapping over these Portuguese players now and i can guarantee as quick as you have grown to like them, you will quickly turn on them when they don't produce the goods for Ronaldo Laughing
you didn't watch the world cup then. mascherano was top class in the world cup. :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:34 am

Jesus Christ. Portugal's defense and midfield as good as Argentina's? Laughing

Only 3 players (including CR) would make that Argentina squad ffs. Maybe only Germany (and that's debatable) has a better team.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:43 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Di Maria-Mascherano-Banega didn't exist at that World Cup and i'd still argue Portugal's defense is better anyway.

a midfield consisting of Di Maria and Mascherano is still better than any Portuguese midfield .
and the fact that they left out Banega and the number 10s i mentioned is only a testament to the depth of that team .

Bruno alves is washed up and Contrao is rarely fit . and oh , Ricardo *bleep* Carvalho still starts for them . Laughing
current Argentina defense is so much better it's not even a debate imo .

and why are you acting like we turned on the portuguese players after the wc ? Laughing
the only player anyone ever rated as a WC talent in that portuguese team was Moutinho .nobody expcted anything from a Nani who played like 10 games in 3 years, a donkey CF who averages 5 goals a season in the shitty Portuguese league , a washed up "box to box " past his expiration date in Meireles , a B level DM in Veloso etc....

the only one who rated this cast of players was you , just so you can conveniently claim that Ronaldo's underperformance was inexcusable .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:49 am

Feels good not to see Veloso's name linked with us Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 2 94f
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:49 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with Farfan on the Portugal/Argentina debate here. No way is Portugal as good as Argentina and I think Argentina is more of a choke artist than Holland. Why exactly does Mole think Portugal squad can compare to Argentina is beyond me. It is actually terribly obvious. That being said, they did disappoint quite a bit of people.

As for the Bernardo Silva guy, saw him 5 times last season. All in the UCL. Which is enough to say he is gonna be world class. I have spoken...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:56 pm

Doc wrote:
As for the Bernardo Silva guy, saw him 5 times last season. All in the UCL. Which is enough to say he is gonna be world class. I have spoken...

That's good enough for me. I've emailed Sammer. Sign him ffs.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Seems very similar to Vidal from the match against Germany. Brenda gtfi ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Seems very similar to Vidal from the match against Germany. Brenda gtfi ffs.
wtf. Trolling?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:33 am

Don't call me James wrote:Seems very similar to Gundogan from the match against Germany. Brenda gtfi ffs.

Agreed mate +1. Also reminds me of Ramsey.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:41 am

reminds me of prime Cleverley...Woodward get in there
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next