Fallout 4

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by RealGunner on Sat May 28, 2016 8:40 am

Yea think I'll give it a pass unless its available for free.

Would only play it to explore anyways. Don't want to spend £20 odd just for that.

Thanks for the review though.


RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Posts : 80410
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by M99 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:30 am

http://press-start.com.au/news/pcmac/2016/08/15/fallout-new-orleans-trademark-registered/

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26941
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by RealGunner on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:59 pm

Does it count as a DLC or a full game?
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 80410
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by M99 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Full game like New Vegas most prolly.

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26941
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by RealGunner on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:43 pm

That's good. I'll buy it
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 80410
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by MJ on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:15 am

I originally played it on PS4. I'd give it a 7/10 overall. Definitely didn't live up to the hype, wasn't as playable long-term as Fallout 3 or New Vegas but it was still a good game.

Now, my question to all of you who have played it on PC, do you think it's worth reinvesting in it in PC if and when it's on sale? I want to try the DLC and my PS4's WiFi capabilities are currently in the toilet so getting them on PS4 is a no-go. Thinking of getting it on PC with the DLCs. Thoughts? And thoughts on the DLCs themselves?

_________________
"I thought football's greatest honour was representing your country. I was wrong. It was playing for Arsenal." - Joe Mercer


avatar
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 8103
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by Thimmy on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:44 am

@MJ wrote:I originally played it on PS4. I'd give it a 7/10 overall. Definitely didn't live up to the hype, wasn't as playable long-term as Fallout 3 or New Vegas but it was still a good game.

Now, my question to all of you who have played it on PC, do you think it's worth reinvesting in it in PC if and when it's on sale? I want to try the DLC and my PS4's WiFi capabilities are currently in the toilet so getting them on PS4 is a no-go. Thinking of getting it on PC with the DLCs. Thoughts? And thoughts on the DLCs themselves?


The DLCs are alright. I think I've written a little about them all in the general sections. Nuka Cola and Far Harbor are pretty much just extensions of the base game, but with different settings (2 new areas), a couple of new weapons that I hardly used myself, mostly due to limited ammo, a few additional Power Armor skins/camos, and 2 new companions. If you like the base game, then you'll probably like both of the story DLCs. I don't think they were much of an improvement on the base game, but the refreshingly different surroundings made things more interesting, if only for a little while (particularly in Far Harbor).

The other DLCs which included being able to make your own robot companion, building your own "gladiator arena", capturing creatures in a trap/cage, and in my opinion, a pretty useless bot that can go out and search for a restricted amount of items and ammo of your choice were nice additions to the game, but I don't think I would argue that any of them were worth spending actual money on - they should've been included in the base game, in my opinion. I had some fun with the build your own underground shelter DLC, as I enjoyed building small villages of my own, but I honestly don't think the DLC as a whole was that great and there's a frustratingly restrictive cap on how many objects you can put in your underground settlement. I believe I was able to build on about 1/10 of the alloted area before it didn't allow me to add more things to it.

All in all, I think the non-story DLCs should've been free. You shouldn't have to pay for more furniture and lamps in your building options, and the little story or adventure that came with these DLCs weren't that great. Not to mention, that they take place in the base game's map area. I wouldn't be surprised if they took them out of the game, just to later add them as DLC, but it doesn't matter. They're ok if you're just looking to kill some things in new areas, and don't expect much in terms of storytelling. I would like to say the same about the actual story DLCs that come with entirely new areas, but I feel that I have to give credit to people who arranged the music and designed these areas. I was really intrigued when I first got to Far Harbor. The mysterious atmosphere that is created by the music, scenery and lighting effects really got me immersed into it initially. I was later disappointed that the story was rather bland and I don't really think there was that much new content in it. They heavily advertised how large the area in Far Harbor is, but a lot of it is just wasteland with repetitive enemies, and it really isn't particularly impressive when you compare it to other, new, open-world games. I did enjoy the main story from time to time, but I was never that excited about the DLC in it's entirety.

Nuke Cola Town had a lot of fetch quests. The main quest was alright, but it requires you to do some tedious fetching, like most things in this DLC do. Exploring the different theme parks was kind of neat, and I think I enjoyed the content of this DLC more than I did Far Harbor's content, but the main story practically forces you to become enemies with the Minutemen (if you want the best perks by the end of it), and again, I had expected more from this DLC. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to add so many fetch quests. Developers should look to The Witcher 3 before they decide on designing their quests and fetch tasks in RPG games, in my opinion. Fetch quests is something I like to think that future RPG developers have learnt to avoid as much as possible. All in all, I'm pretty confident that you will enjoy the story DLCs if you just want more of what you've already played, but with slight, shallow tweaks to the experience. I don't think any of the DLCs were outright great, but I enjoyed them occasionally, just like I enjoyed wandering around in the base game and killing things without any purpose. As a bonus, you get a poorly written story that perhaps takes itself a little bit more seriously than it should.

By the way, I have only played the game on PS4. I know there are tons of cool mods for the PC version. And I'm super jealous of the people who get to use them. They are all privileged, monocle and top hat- wearing hobos, and I hate them.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by MJ on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:16 am

Thanks for the recap, the last line was a bit of a plot twist as I thought this was all coming from the perspective of a PC player Laughing

Btw, does the season pass give you access to all the DLCs on Steam?

_________________
"I thought football's greatest honour was representing your country. I was wrong. It was playing for Arsenal." - Joe Mercer


avatar
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 8103
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by Thimmy on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:24 am

@MJ wrote:Thanks for the recap, the last line was a bit of a plot twist as I thought this was all coming from the perspective of a PC player Laughing

Btw, does the season pass give you access to all the DLCs on Steam?


The season pass for PS4 doesn't give you access to the DLCs on Steam, as far as I know. It's possible that the Xbox version does, but I have no idea.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by MJ on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:25 am

@Thimmy wrote:
@MJ wrote:Thanks for the recap, the last line was a bit of a plot twist as I thought this was all coming from the perspective of a PC player Laughing

Btw, does the season pass give you access to all the DLCs on Steam?


The season pass for PS4 doesn't give you access to the DLCs on Steam, as far as I know. It's possible that the Xbox version does, but I have no idea.


No, no. I mean, if I buy the season pass, do I get all the DLC? On Steam, forget PS4. I never had the season pass on PS4 nor any of the DLC, that's why I ask.

_________________
"I thought football's greatest honour was representing your country. I was wrong. It was playing for Arsenal." - Joe Mercer


avatar
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 8103
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by Thimmy on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:38 am

@MJ wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:
@MJ wrote:Thanks for the recap, the last line was a bit of a plot twist as I thought this was all coming from the perspective of a PC player Laughing

Btw, does the season pass give you access to all the DLCs on Steam?


The season pass for PS4 doesn't give you access to the DLCs on Steam, as far as I know. It's possible that the Xbox version does, but I have no idea.


No, no. I mean, if I buy the season pass, do I get all the DLC? On Steam, forget PS4. I never had the season pass on PS4 nor any of the DLC, that's why I ask.


Oh, right. Yes, the season pass grants you all of the DLC for Fallout 4 - Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, Far Harbor, Contraptions Workshop, Vault-Tec Workshop and Nuka-World.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 4

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum