Aleix Vidal

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Myesyats on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Nah. Rakitic does the donkey work but he's too sloppy and slow. It wouldn't be great at all.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:14 pm

@free_cat wrote:
Pirloisjesus wrote:Another Rakictisque signning imo nothing over the top just knowing the role and doing it efficiently.

Would be great if all signings were "Rakictisques".

Agreed 100%.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:26 pm

So you want all signings to not be over the top? That'd make us bang average really quickly... Good riddance

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:31 pm

linetty wrote:Nah. Rakitic does the donkey work but he's too sloppy and slow. It wouldn't be great at all.

Slow. Laughing Then I guess we should sell Busquets, who is slower.

He is a midfielder, ffs, he doesn't need pace. Also, I don't care if he is slow, he is everyf*nwhere. And don't get me started on sloppy... sloppy was Keita, or your love Fernando Torres, not a guy who can backheel-lob Pepe or one-touch-pass-lob-through-ball with his left foot to Piqué in a CL final.

Rakitic can't show all his quality with us because we got him cleaning the right midfield, but he does more than enough in attack and is just superb covering Messi, Alves, giving defensive support to Busquets and the back-four and giving space to Messi whenever he moves to the middle.

Underated.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:37 pm

As far as midfielders go

Positional sense, ability > Speed

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Busquets is not sloppy...

And Torres is past his best years.

Your points make no sense. You just don't know where to hit.

This season Rakitic has been really bad. Outside of donkey work he's done nothing. And these past two months were his worst since he came which is funny that you picked this moment to come forward with this bizarre statement.

If you want all signings to do mostly the donkey work and perform a backheel from time to time then Nolito should be bomb from your POV...

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:50 pm

U don't need need superstars for every positions imo like Madrid do. Also we don't really need another creative guy in our midfield we got enough people for that atm. What we want is solid guy backing up front three defensively without much fuss and Rakitic has been that guy for us. He has been rather not his usual best since coming from that injury but he is catching up imo. He definitely makes us more solid and compact defensively that's for sure though.
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:29 pm

That I can agree with. But not every signing should be Rakitic esque like Free cat said and Windkick agreed... One player of that mold is enough for the current squad. It's a big plus that Suarez is also working really hard.

That said, what we need right now is Verratti (Gundogan will do too), a CB and a LB.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:46 pm

Verratti ain't gonna come to Barca in near future if you ask me. Gundo is good onen though. What I think is instead of trying to find Xavi's heir we should be concerned with iniesta replacement sooner than later. I don't think of any one though for it.
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:08 pm

linetty wrote:That I can agree with. But not every signing should be Rakitic esque like Free cat said and Windkick agreed... One player of that mold is enough for the current squad. It's a big plus that Suarez is also working really hard.

That said, what we need right now is Verratti (Gundogan will do too), a CB and a LB.

What I agreed with is that Rakatic has been a fantastic signing for 18-20M I believe. He is a good player, not world class but very solid and on his day can be great. He's also had some injury set backs this year which explains his random dips in form, so I don't agree with you that he has been bad this year if anything just needs to get back into rhythm (and doesn't help now that Lucho wants to rotate him with Turan). Turan on the other hand cost us 35M and has yet to show why he cost so much or that he can be a constant starter for us, unlike Rakatic which we have seen almost from the start that he offers allot to us.

You say you agree we don't need additional help in midfield and that we don't need super stars in every position...and then you mention Verratti? That IS a super star signing and would cost an arm and a leg to get. Gundogan I wish we signed instead of Turan, as I believe he would of been of greater value to our system (also would of cost the club less than what Turan cost)

From the go I believed Vidal would be a great signing for us. He can play allot of positions and can deliver when needed (ala Rakatic) and didn't cost an arm and a leg. And like Rakatic won't complain about potentially playing a back up role. For what Turan cost us, he should be starter level for us, not back up like what he actually is.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:09 am

The thing with Rakitic is that he only cost 18 milion. It is difficult to find a better midfielder than him in the market, at that price is simply impossible. You guys talk about Gundogan or Verratti as if they are provenly better than Rakitic, but truth is we don't know. Before coming to us, Rakitic was shining much more than them. With us, he has to adapt and limit himself a lot to suit the team. This means he shines less, but he is a perfect tool for us. We don't know if Verratti or Gundogan could play as well as he does with this limitations. Personally, I don't like Verratti that much, he is a rough tackler and loses dangerous balls.

Vidal seems to be a very good signing so far. After the first game, he has gained rythm and I'm liking him more than Alves.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:38 am

@free_cat wrote:The thing with Rakitic is that he only cost 18 milion. It is difficult to find a better midfielder than him in the market, at that price is simply impossible. You guys talk about Gundogan or Verratti as if they are provenly better than Rakitic, but truth is we don't know. Before coming to us, Rakitic was shining much more than them. With us, he has to adapt and limit himself a lot to suit the team. This means he shines less, but he is a perfect tool for us. We don't know if Verratti or Gundogan could play as well as he does with this limitations. Personally, I don't like Verratti that much, he is a rough tackler and loses dangerous balls.

Vidal seems to be a very good signing so far. After the first game, he has gained rythm and I'm liking him more than Alves.

So would you credit the board for these 2 shrewd signings for relatively low fees?
Or are we going to once more place all the blame on the board and credit all the success to the players and the coach.
On Vidal, I think he can be a great value for money signing like Rakitic. He is not better than Alves and dont think he can make the difference in big games like Alves can.
There is zero chance Vidal plays that great lofted throughball to Suarez for the Atletico winner. No fullback in history can.
But Vidal can be a good understudy and hopefully take over the reigns gradually. It still remains to be seen whether he can successfully play the RB role for us. 4,5 games is not a good enough sample size.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:31 pm

Aleix Vidal wants to leave Barcelona in winter after not being called up for the game for the second time in a row.

Complete failure of a signing

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Don't worry, we have Sergi Roberto.

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:09 pm

And there goes our depth.
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:26 am

if he goes in december we'll probably make a move for a replacement..
idk about bellerin but many rumors saying that we've heavily scouted french league for young rightbacks.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5