PES

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

Re: PES

Post by danyjr on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:50 pm

@Vibe wrote:I don't know about clearances because I always clear with a pass rather than just kick it anywhere, but what annoys me more is that when there is chaos in the box and the ball goes to my player he refuses to take a quick shot on his first touch, no matter how many times I press shoot. Same as 18. Although I don't use basic shooting like most so that's maybe a problem just for me.

Exactly that is what I meant. This has encouraged me to pass when I actually need to kick the ball anywhere because it seems when you pass, your player takes fewer touches than when you just want to clear the ball and get rid of the danger. Which brings me to the problem with most football games, because they allow you to pass your way out of tight places in your defence while under pressure whereas in real football even the most technical defenders won't risk it and just clear/hoof the ball instead. Having the passing assistance pretty high on default doesn't help this cause either as you can almost mindlessly pass the ball to any direction and the AI will try to get the ball to one of your players.

danyjr
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4734
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by danyjr on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:26 am

Really enjoying the game so far, the longer match times compared to the demo certainly makes a huge difference in terms of everything that happens on the pitch.

It is such a well-paced game of football, when I play it I feel like I'm playing football, not FIFA's arcade feel of the beautiful game. Some transition animations look wonderful this year, making the whole experience a lot more believable.

AI is different to 2018 but not necessarily better. It just plays differently but once you play a few hours against it, you can kinda guess how it will play. That is probably my biggest criticism of PES 2019. But I like that the AI makes more mistakes than it used to, with tackles going wrong, players being played offside etc.


Sadly however: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-03-pes-physical-sales-down-42-percent-on-last-year

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4734
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Jay29 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:21 pm

The loss of the Champions League license is probably responsible for some of that. Authenticity is such a big part of a game's image and unfortunately most players aren't going to go through the hassle of downloading and installing an option file to fix it all.

I also read that there's been no work at all on the offline game modes. That's why I'm not buying this year's edition. As much as they keep improving the football itself, Master League and Become a Legend are in desperate need of revamp. As it is, they've been the same for a good five years now.
avatar
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 17270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by RealGunner on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:39 pm

Give it few years and PES is gone for good i think.
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 80410
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by danyjr on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Not that I disagree but I'm not sure why you say "for good". On the pitch it wipes the floor with FIFA, although it lacks in every other department.

I think competition is good for the fans, just look at what NBA 2K is turning into. A shameless cash machine which forces you to pay extra to get your game remotely playable.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4734
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:03 pm

Yep as much as I enjoy playing NBA 2K after the shit they pulled with microtransactions last year I refuse to this year.

It's a good game but the greedy bullshit is not something I wish to support, if you think FIFA is bad now you ain't seen nothing if PES literally dies.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64316
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by RealGunner on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:11 pm

@danyjr wrote:Not that I disagree but I'm not sure why you say "for good". On the pitch it wipes the floor with FIFA, although it lacks in every other department.

I think competition is good for the fans, just look at what NBA 2K is turning into. A shameless cash machine which forces you to pay extra to get your game remotely playable.


'for good' is an expression lol. I didn't mean it's a good thing if it's gone. I meant konami will most likely end the series since their interest is already down.
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 80410
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by danyjr on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:12 pm

LOL k my bad Laughing

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4734
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Robespierre on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:34 pm

I'm crying

avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12186
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Robespierre on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:43 am

How can people still play on  FIFA after PES 2019 is beyond me.
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12186
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by danyjr on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:57 am

FIFA also has the Hibernian license Wink

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4734
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Robespierre on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:26 pm

^ But I say it because of gameplay
PES 2019 is just amazing
I already appreciated PES 2018, but this one is the definition of "upgrade"
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12186
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by danyjr on Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:31 pm

I agree, I like it too. It is more of a PES 2018 Mark 2 but then again 2018 was a very good game within itself.

My biggest problem is AI which plays extremely predictably so I've already moved to playing online.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4734
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Vibe on Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:41 pm

PES 2019 is the best football game ever IMO.

I never played vs AI so I don't know about that though, I always play online or with a friend offline.

FIFA is pathetic compared to this from a footballing perspective. It's just a game, PES is a simulation. Licencing issue is also the most ridiculous thing, you can patch PES to fully licenced in like 5 minutes.

Though my impressions are mostly from the demo, didn't have the time to get into it since the game went live.
avatar
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 18

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Thimmy on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:33 pm

@Vibe wrote:PES 2019 is the best football game ever IMO.

I never played vs AI so I don't know about that though, I always play online or with a friend offline.

FIFA is pathetic compared to this from a footballing perspective. It's just a game, PES is a simulation. Licencing issue is also the most ridiculous thing, you can patch PES to fully licenced in like 5 minutes.

Though my impressions are mostly from the demo, didn't have the time to get into it since the game went live.


I don't suppose you can download that patch on console, though? I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the majority of people who play sports games are on console, and that's unfortunately where PES get spanked for their lack of licences... which is why FIFA/EA don't feel pressured to improve their game, because they practically have a monopoly, regardless of what they do or don't do.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6982
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Vibe on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:47 pm

I play on PS4, it literally takes minutes.
avatar
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 18

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Thimmy on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:01 pm

@Vibe wrote:I play on PS4, it literally takes minutes.


Does releasing player names as a patch, somehow bypass the legal issues surrounding these licences? hmm I've always been under the impression that PES is less popular than FIFA, mainly because it lacks licences. If solving this is as simple as to download a patch, then they really need to work harder on getting that message across to the people who play these games.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6982
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Vibe on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Obviously this is illegal and Konami can't do anything else besides making it as easy as possible to edit these things, which they did.

The patch is available from day 1 when the game was released and you have all the competitions, all the team names and logos, everything.
avatar
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 18

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Thimmy on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:46 pm

@Vibe wrote:Obviously this is illegal and Konami can't do anything else besides making it as easy as possible to edit these things, which they did.

The patch is available from day 1 when the game was released and you have all the competitions, all the team names and logos, everything.


Illegal or not, game publishers know how to get the message out, without having their name attached to it. Hell, it's a poorly kept secret that some of them even bribe or sponsor gaming critics and publications to give their games positive scores. Mentioning this patch in a few online articles, would go a long way in enticing more people to opt for PES over FIFA.

Then again, Konami have always been relatively poor at advertising their products in the west, and they even cut corners when they were working with Hideo Kojima on the MGS series. Their PR executives are all Japanese, so I can only assume that advertising in the west is not something they intend to improve on anytime soon. Unlike asians, western consumers don't have a tendency to research these things of their own accord.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6982
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Vibe on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:43 pm

THIMMAAAH
avatar
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 18

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Robespierre on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Yeah for me it's impossible to play against CPU, extremely boring, I could accept it just when I was 10 years ...I need     to know that tha Belfast guy is suffering against my Hibernian, anche because probably he is a lealist ...
Jokes aside,  I feel hype when I read when my opponent is from.
Online mode is working greatly on this PES,better than last year.
I don't find flaws atm , it looks like best game ever to me also because of platform ( I mean, PES 6 was a special game, but PS4 always wins on PS2)

Who else plays on PES2019?
Jay hasn't still bought it, Mole stopped playing PES because football is boring and it is not came home in 2018, Firenze RG etc behind to that darkness of FIFA...
It'd be nice to play against anyone, except against Vibe at that moment because he is the Lionel Messi of that game ffs
Not still ready for it
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12186
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Vibe on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Mad

I still only played the demo, so I might not be very good at PES 2019.

Though I played like a 100 games, all wins and one draw :coffee: And I played with Flamengo... And I had a pregnant soon to be wife over my head about me loving PS4 more than her but I managed well, would have been all wins though.
avatar
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 18

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Vibe on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Well I started playing a couple of days ago and it is a lot different than the demo. The demo was better. Somehow they really messed up player responsiveness.

Anyway still a good game. I'm not as good as before, need to practice but I still beat a guy with 1000+ rating on online divisions who was undefeated before and had angry messages because I beat undefeated guys and messed up their win percentage Laughing

Unfortunately, while I generally beat the best players, I struggle against noobs for some reason. Still need to get a hang of this game.

The game also seems a bit scripted still, I can no longer win by great margins. I did 9-0 once, but the rest were much closer.

I'm talking about online experience though, I don't play offline.
avatar
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 18

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by danyjr on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:39 pm

The changes that come with Data Pack 2.0 have transformed the PES 2019 experience for me. The AI attacks you in more varied ways now and I have started losing plenty of matches but not cause of AI cheating, but outsmarting me. Still I don't see a huge difference between how different teams play against me but at least it is not the low cross spam of launch.

Konami listened to the fans and, albeit late, it is a very welcome change.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4734
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Vibe on Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:20 pm

I played vs AI a little bit, it scores in one way, after a low cross and that is the only way it can score. I played yesterday and today and a low cross is the only type of goal I concede.

Wanna play sometimes ? I'm not very good at Pes 19 tbh.
avatar
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 18

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by danyjr on Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:30 pm

I play on PC but I suck online cause of the inherent lag of it. Are you on PS4?

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4734
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: PES

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum