Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
gnrfan
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Maradona's acheivment in 1986 - Page 2 Empty Re: Maradona's acheivment in 1986

Post by Bankz Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:24 am

At least the Italian league was the best in the world then and btw how many European cups or CL have man city won? hmm
and how bout what he did as a teenager in Boca? Or where they also man-city? hmm
How bout what Argentina has become since he left? hmm
How bout what Napoli has become since he left? hmm

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:26 am

breva wrote:I watched Maradona in person and on TV. Messi is no Maradona.

Good to see you again ,Wiggles.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:07 pm

first of all, kun didn't come to a city that had just come on the scene, they had had tevez, yaya, silva, kompany, a reasonable bench and had won the fa cup and come 2nd, so that mentality of wanting to win was there. its a different circumstance joining a team that is almost tasting the top, compared to one that was almost relegated a year ago, like napoli, who a mid table birth is surely an improvement

then there's signing "players" and signing players, besides maradona, the best player they got was careca, he was making waves in brazil, though many like myself who didn't get to see brazil club football as often only heard about him, and even then, none of napoli's rivals were interested in bringing careca

all those guys signed by napoli, were by no means world beaters or close to that; besides ferrerra, who must have been like 19 when he was at napoli, most of them, if not all did nothing of note after napoli....lol none of these clowns would have commanded a starting place at gullit's milan, platini's juve, lothar's inter or voller's roma. de napoli spent like 3/4 years at milan after his napoli experience but he wasn't even a starter.

giordano was good, but its not like he was there for all the cup wins napoli had, he was there when they won the double, but even he was on his last legs, in the 80s he was NO klinsmann, marco, rummenigae, butragueno, hugo, or bebeto....none of those guys even got sounded out by a big team after maradona left, besides ferrara, who had a long stellar career at juve....

now i'm not saying the modern stars today should have a reckless life and end up at the west hams, aston villas or mallorcas of this world just to prove a point, football has changed, these days, your gullits, platinis, zicos, van bastens can all be on the same team, and its still an entertaining sport, no need to go out of our way picking apart player's careers to make a point
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:23 pm

Just wait messi to win against uruguay then he will be better than maradona. Now its knee jerk time Smile
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
breva wrote:Messi is no Maradona.

You are right. He's better.

And how do you know that?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:28 pm

M99 wrote:
breva wrote:Messi is no Maradona.

He has eyes, I suppose.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:59 pm

titosantill wrote:first of all, kun didn't come to a city that had just come on the scene, they had had tevez, yaya, silva, kompany, a reasonable bench and had won the fa cup and come 2nd, so that mentality of wanting to win was there. its a different circumstance joining a team that is almost tasting the top, compared to one that was almost relegated a year ago, like napoli, who a mid table birth is surely an improvement

then there's signing "players" and signing players, besides maradona, the best player they got was careca, he was making waves in brazil, though many like myself who didn't get to see brazil club football as often only heard about him, and even then, none of napoli's rivals were interested in bringing careca

all those guys signed by napoli, were by no means world beaters or close to that; besides ferrerra, who must have been like 19 when he was at napoli, most of them, if not all did nothing of note after napoli....lol none of these clowns would have commanded a starting place at gullit's milan, platini's juve, lothar's inter or voller's roma. de napoli spent like 3/4 years at milan after his napoli experience but he wasn't even a starter.

giordano was good, but its not like he was there for all the cup wins napoli had, he was there when they won the double, but even he was on his last legs, in the 80s he was NO klinsmann, marco, rummenigae, butragueno, hugo, or bebeto....none of those guys even got sounded out by a big team after maradona left, besides ferrara, who had a long stellar career at juve....

now i'm not saying the modern stars today should have a reckless life and end up at the west hams, aston villas or mallorcas of this world just to prove a point, football has changed, these days, your gullits, platinis, zicos, van bastens can all be on the same team, and its still an entertaining sport, no need to go out of our way picking apart player's careers to make a point

Seriously, you have the same knowledge of past football like Jibester and Sports minus the need to be a grumpy giggle puss. And starting your sentences with capital letters Razz

Also, we really like to discredit a man's achievement just to make our favourite player look better just so we can say we saw the "best player ever". Sad, just sad.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:06 pm

linetty wrote:
M99 wrote:

He has eyes, I suppose.

Laughing
Linetty my man Proud
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:07 pm

Not gonna argue anything about Maradona, i wasn't alive to know lol.

But i'm pretty damn sure City finished 4th the season before they signed Aguero?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:11 pm

Bankz wrote:
linetty wrote:
M99 wrote:

He has eyes, I suppose.

Laughing
Linetty my man Proud

Yeah eyes by which Maradona was never seen Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:13 pm

Looks like City finished 3rd, 3 points ahead of Arsenal in 4th ( of course Proud ) and 9 points behind Man Yoo in first.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:15 pm

But whats the point you trying to make ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:35 pm

This is just a bad argument to have. There is nothing to prove or can be proven.

The couple things that kind of bother me is this notion that Messi needs to go to some mid-table club to prove something. He's not Neymar, he wasn't destroying the Brazilian league at a young age and then had his pick of teams to choose from and chose Barca who happened to be one of the top 2-3 teams in the world.

Messi was brought to Barca at 12-13 years old. He's going to be a one club man and he's played with a bunch of homegrown players he grew up watching / playing with who are also largely going to be one club players until there final 2-3 years where they go collect a paycheck. Barca has a system and the pull there is seemingly stronger than anywhere else.

It's not Messi's fault he signed with a club that was going to have it's golden generation. How was he supposed to know that at 12-13? It turned out to be a great decision, he shouldn't be knocked because of it.

The second thing that bothers me is that everyone just totally writes off that Argentina was in overtime in the world cup final for gods sake. His attacking partners massively underperformed (it was pathetic) and Messi dragged them as far as he could. I don't know what more people want out of him. His Argentina team lost to a much better Germany team who would never let one man beat them. The service was there for Argentina to win that game and they fell short.

No one will ever agree on who is better, but IMO I think it's pretty obvious Messi is the better club player. Now that no one has the Xaviesta excuse anymore or anything like that, it's not Messi's fault Diego chose to play for Napoli.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Bankz wrote:At least the Italian league was the best in the world then and btw how many European cups or CL have man city won? hmm
and how bout what he did as a teenager in Boca? Or where they also man-city? hmm
How bout what Argentina has become since he left? hmm
How bout what Napoli has become since he left? hmm
Maradona's Napoli got eliminated first and second round in European Cup, Aguero's ManC twice group stage and R16.
Maradona and Aguero both won WC U20 with Golden Ball.
Maradona lost 3/5 games with defending champions in WC82.
The same Argentina that carried Maradona WC90 final, won CA91 without him.
A lot of players left Napoli.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:17 pm

How can 1 player carry the team? Isnt it funny?
What skill he used? Do you really think he was better scorer than messi? Or better dribbler? Just tell me what skill he used to carry "average" napoli team

Did argentina team flop after maradona left? What about before maradona? Wasnt they WC champions before maradona in 1978? Didnt maradona flop in 1982 WC? And why maradona never won copa america If he was carrying the team?
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Here is a great video highlight of Diego's tournament:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:56 pm

Here is the both players performance in the WC final. I dont get how maradona played better than messi? I would even say messi looks better player than maradona.much faster and better dribbler

Put this messi in 86 final and he would make more impact than maradona
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:43 pm

Of course a footballer in 1986 is slower than one in 2014. It's not about who is faster or about who is a better dribbler. It's about the impact the player has on his team, and Maradona in 86 was as close to a one man team as it could get
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:36 am

Valkyrja wrote:Of course a footballer in 1986 is slower than one in 2014. It's not about who is faster or about who is a better dribbler. It's about the impact the player has on his team, and Maradona in 86 was as close to a one man team as it could get
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:37 am

Not going to argue over 90% of what's been written in this thread. Two points looked odd that I'll adress.

1. " The same argentina that carried Maradona to WC90 final, won CA91 without him"

Two outfield players participated in both tournaments. Actually using the word "same"..... Sigh

2. "The same argentina that carried Maradona to WC90 final"

Maradona was the only outfield argentina player in the WC90 "team of the tournament. Deary me.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:26 am

Two 9 minute videos is gonna properly and objectively analyse what took place during 90 and close to 120 minutes respectively?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:57 am

DuringTheWar wrote:Not going to argue over 90% of what's been written in this thread. Two points looked odd that I'll adress.

1. " The same argentina that carried Maradona to WC90 final, won CA91 without him"

Two outfield players participated in both tournaments. Actually using the word "same"..... Sigh

2. "The same argentina that carried Maradona to WC90 final"

Maradona was the only outfield argentina player in the WC90 "team of the tournament. Deary me.

According to this thread, Maradona is on level with Aguero.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:12 am

M99 wrote:According to this thread, Maradona is on level with Aguero.
According this post, M99 can't comprehend.

Nobody said Maradona is on level of Aguero, his achievement in Napoli is on level of Aguero in ManC.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:14 am

Harmonica wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:On subject I think taking Napoli to their only two Serie A titles in history is far more impressive than the WC, but those individual moments are all anyone hears about. They fit the narrative, the myth that surrounds him painting him as a lone gunslinger that took down eleven other players with no help from his teammates at all.
Maradona at Napoli is a myth, there's nothing that impressive about it. It's basically the exact same as Aguero winning league with today's ManC.

Napoli was the highest spending team in Europe at Maradona's time. Napoli transfered in 7 players in 84-85 season including Bagni and Maradona, 7 players in 85-86 season including Renica and Giordano, 7 players in 86-87 including Sola, De Napoli, Volpecina, Muro and Carnevale, who then were the foundation of Napoli. Almost all players bought after 1983-84. Gazetta ratings for first Scudetto 86-87 with this team:

Maradona's acheivment in 1986 - Page 2 1e2k43

ManC before spending spree league position
15 - 14 - 9 - 10, after 5 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 1
Napoli before spending spree and Maradona league position
3 - 4 - 9 - 11, after 8 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 2

The similarity on those 7 last seasons is uncanny.

Furthermore Napoli of 86-87 had 4 nt-team regulars Bagni, Ferrara and De Napoli + Maradona. Bagni, Maradona and De Napoli all bought after 83-84. The same as Juventus in 86-87, Scirea, Cabrini, Platini and Laudrup. The same as Milan 86-87, Baresi, Donadoni, Wilkins and Hateley. Napoli at that time wasn't Sevilla or Valencia of today in relation, it was ManC of today. This was because the player restrictions compared to today, where most teams had one star player and couple NT-regulars.
Barrilete care to comment?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:23 pm

Harmonica wrote:

Nobody said Maradona is on level of Aguero, his achievement in Napoli is on level of Aguero in ManC.

Maradonas achievement is on level with that of aguero's achievement with man city? :facepalm:
Winning the league as the undisputed star of the league and in the world?
Winning with freaking Napoli in the best league In the world, with all the best players playing there at the time is thesame as winning the PL with man city?
Winning an European cup with Napoli is same with what aguero's done in Europe with man city?
:facepalm:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Bankz wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Maradonas achievement is on level with that of aguero's achievement with man city? :facepalm:
Winning the league as the undisputed star of the league and in the world?
Winning with freaking Napoli in the best league In the world, with all the best players playing there at the time is thesame as winning the PL with man city?
Winning an European cup with Napoli is same with what aguero's done in Europe with man city?
:facepalm:
Napoli never won European Cup, they got thumbed exactly the same way as ManC. First and second round.

Napoli had 4 NT-regulars, the same as top teams in the league at the time. That's exact same relation as ManC has with top teams today.

What can't you comprehend?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next