Casciavit
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
M99
20 posters

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 22 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 22

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Cena/Reigns would have been legit if Cena didn't lose to Owens clean. Reigns kicked out of 20 F5'S, beat Bryan, Orton etc, he'd beat Cena imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 22 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 22

Post by izzy Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:25 pm

I'm Stunned RG.

They've basically treated the WWE Champion like the US Champion and reversed their roles.

Look at the amount of effort they have gone to making the WWE title look like garbage and the US title look like the creme de la creme. It's a fcking joke. But of course, they would make the US title looke like it means something, look who's champion.

Why couldn't they allow the rest of the roster a chance to shine again when they had the belt?

But then again, all I have to do is look at who is holding each title and then it all makes sense. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:01 pm

They basically wanted a way to justify putting Cena back in the World title picture, but there's a number of things wrong with the whole thing.

If Cena is to be challenging again for the WWE title, he should have dropped the US title to somebody else, preferably Owens. Putting the US Champion in the WWE title match does nothing for the US title. All it accomplishes is having the US title undefended on one of the biggest PPVs.

For that matter, the WWE title is meant to be the number one title on the show but it's not treated like that. The WWE Champion shouldn't be losing clean to the US Champion at all, let alone by submission. What does having Rollins tap out do for Rollins? Nothing but make him look incredibly weak. He already looks weak as it is.

It is difficult to see what's going to happen going forward. Rollins beats Cena at Summerslam, then what? Who's next? Is he going to hold on to the belt until a babyface is ready to take it off him? Is Rollins himself going to be turning face some point soon? Presumably he's going to feud with Kane soon but that doesn't do anything for the title or for Rollins. Then what about the whole Authority angle? And who's Sheamus going to cash in on?

The only thing I can see is Cena dropping the US title between now and Summerslam (Rollins costs him the match or something), but wins the WWE title at Summerslam and Sheamus will then cash-in at some point after that. It's a bleak future.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Even if Rollins wins at Summerslam and Cena's merchandise sales drop by 1%, you know WWE will kneejerk and have Cena rape Rollins for 3 PPVs in a row.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:44 pm

https://gfycat.com/VibrantIncompatibleBuck
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:47 pm

I actually don't have a problem with Rollins' booking. He's basically a midcarder who got lucky and won the title because the authority wanted him to. That's what they're booking him as and that's all he is in reality too. He's in the same tier as guys like Ziggler, Miz, Barrett etc. Why should winning the title make him legit?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:54 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I actually don't have a problem with Rollins' booking. He's basically a midcarder who got lucky and won the title because the authority wanted him to. That's what they're booking him as and that's all he is in reality too. He's in the same tier as guys like Ziggler, Miz, Barrett etc. Why should winning the title make him legit?

Because he is the damn champion......

He may not be that good with his Mic work and it does seem that when he tries to cut a promo that he has a hard time keeping the crowed engaged but, his skill set and ability in the ring is undeniable.

Him and Ziggler are by far their two best performers in the ring...... they just aren't given the chance to showcase it........ which makes no sense because Rollins is the damn champion.

Cesaro
Wyatt
Ambrose
Ziggler
Big E
Rollins
K.O.
Neville

These guys are so damn talented, if they were given a legit shot they would be amazing imo.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:15 am

Thing is though his booking has to be consistent. He was never the guy who won big matches clean. The authority won him the MITB, he needed J&J to win matches and he stole the title at WM. He's not going to go from that to a legit champion.

His booking reflects his actual ability too. He looks out of place against guys like Lesnar, Cena, Taker etc. He's like a kid/fan who managed to become champion in a world full of giants. Which is pretty much the reason why I don't like him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:15 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Thing is though his booking has to be consistent. He was never the guy who won big matches clean. The authority won him the MITB, he needed J&J to win matches and he stole the title at WM. He's not going to go from that to a legit champion.

His booking reflects his actual ability too. He looks out of place against guys like Lesnar, Cena, Taker etc. He's like a kid/fan who managed to become champion in a world full of giants. Which is pretty much the reason why I don't like him.

Completely agreed.

Doesn't mean he is bad or anything though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:18 am

Define ability, because his in ring talent in looking good himself and making those with him better is arguably better than some of the "stars" being named.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:20 am

Just saying he looks out of place with Cena and Lesnar does not make it fact. He was in the same ring as them on Royal Rumble and looked like a million bucks.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:20 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Thing is though his booking has to be consistent. He was never the guy who won big matches clean. The authority won him the MITB, he needed J&J to win matches and he stole the title at WM. He's not going to go from that to a legit champion.

Absolutely not.

The way he is booked does not coincide with his actual ability.

The booking of basically the majority of the roster is terrible. I'm not going to blame him for his booking of how he can't seem to do anything when I have seen what the guy is capable of.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:20 am

Is Triple H still wrestling?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:27 am

Don't call me James wrote:Is Triple H still wrestling?

Unfortunately, he still does at times.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:32 am

M99 wrote:Just saying he looks out of place with Cena and Lesnar does not make it fact. He was in the same ring as them on Royal Rumble and looked like a million bucks.

He carried that triple threat lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:40 am

In ring ability isn't what determines how good somebody is. It's a combination of things. I'm talking more about overall star power. When I look at Rollins I see a midcarder who got lucky and is riding his luck against the larger than life big guys. And it's nothing to do with him being young. Bray Wyatt and Ambrose don't look out of place against the older guys and they're young too. Rollins on the other hand is just some guy who happens to be World champion.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:43 am

MT calma, some writers sitting upstairs decide who is world champion.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:46 am

Yohan Modric wrote:In ring ability isn't what determines how good somebody is. It's a combination of things. I'm talking more about overall star power. When I look at Rollins I see a midcarder who got lucky and is riding his luck against the larger than life big guys. And it's nothing to do with him being young. Bray Wyatt and Ambrose don't look out of place against the older guys and they're young too. Rollins on the other hand is just some guy who happens to be World champion.

Well, if you see him as a mid-carder then that's fine.

I just believe if there was better booking and he was actually allowed to showcase his skills he wouldn't look so out of place to you.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:53 am

Better booking would certainly help, but the thing is he doesn't deserve that kind of booking. Other than in ring ability, he's got nothing else going for him. He's just not good enough to be a main eventer or World champion. Which is the reason why WWE are booking him weak too imo. They're trying to show he's a midcarder who doesn't really belong in the main event, but got lucky.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:04 am

That's the thing, you have decided it universal truth that Rollins sucks on the mic and has zero personality. I and many others do not feel the same way. And are you saying WWE knows he sucks that's why they are booking him weak? If they knew that then they would take the title of him much quicker or not make him champion in the first place...Rollins is not a midcarder at all, deserved main eventer who did an amazing job ever since his debut.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:34 am

MITB winners a lot of the times are midcarders (Swagger, Miz, Bryan 2012, Punk 2008 etc) who don't deserve to be champion, but they still win it because well, it's the MITB. They then have to compete against main eventers and can't go toe to toe with them because they're midcarders. Heels are booked as weak/cowardly and faces look out of place in the main event scene. It's pretty much the reason why I think they should scrap the MITB. So yeh, the MITB allows undeserving superstars to be World champion.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:53 am

Yohan Modric wrote:In ring ability isn't what determines how good somebody is. It's a combination of things. I'm talking more about overall star power. When I look at Rollins I see a midcarder who got lucky and is riding his luck against the larger than life big guys. And it's nothing to do with him being young. Bray Wyatt and Ambrose don't look out of place against the older guys and they're young too. Rollins on the other hand is just some guy who happens to be World champion.

Then what's your excuse for not liking Roman Reigns?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:37 pm

By big guys I just meant the top dogs in the company, not size. Thing with Reigns is at least he's booked strongly, which makes him believable against the main guys, despite being below average at everything.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Reigns has been developing well under the radar tbh.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:55 pm

Rollins is actually a cruiserweight whose real name is Colby eco smile

Its a real testament to his talent and confidence that hes a World Heavyweight Champion in the WWE
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Layla officially retires from WWE
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next