Casciavit
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
M99
20 posters

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 22 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 22

Post by RealGunner Sun 12 Jul - 4:25:29

https://i.imgur.com/7GBe8oh.gif

Laughing

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 22 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 22

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun 12 Jul - 7:16:57

Loooooooooooooooooooooool

Rollins u goat :bow: rofl

The leader of cowardly scumbags
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 12 Jul - 11:53:10

Yohan Modric wrote:Punk was never over enough with the SES and never over enough to warrant a proper push until 2011. hmm

You mean WWE did not give him a proper push even when he was over because of their chosen main eventers with bigger bodies.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 12 Jul - 16:06:04

CM Punk wrote:I think it’s funny now when you look at the pro wrestling landscape, all the guys that they’re hiring, all the guys that they’re putting on television. I can honestly say I don’t know if that happens if a guy like me and a guy like Joe don’t take a chance. Everybody’s talented in their own right but everything that I was made fun of and vilified for by management is what they’re looking for in guys and I wear that as a badge of honor.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 12 Jul - 18:53:57

Was just banter, Punk's my all time goat. :bow:

But come to think of it, Punk wasn't over prior to 2011 in the way Austin, Rock, Bryan and Orton got over as heels, which then led to their face turn and main event push. He was just sort of 'there' in the way Kofi, Ziggler and others are. Even with a proper push, he would have just been a generic heel with mic skills, unless of course he kept the SES gimmick. The pipebomb actually made him entertaining, got him over to main event level and set him apart.

I think nowadays, especially in this dull climate, you need to do something revolutionary/unique to set yourself apart. Simply being a generic heel/face isn't enough. At least not enough to make people go 'I can't wait to watch next week'. That's what Rollins for example lacks imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 13 Jul - 1:58:29

Any tips on where to start for a guy who is considering to get back into WWE hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon 13 Jul - 2:03:33

When did you last watch it? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 13 Jul - 2:05:50

When it was called WWF lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon 13 Jul - 2:16:11

Do you want to watch every episode since then or just the best moments? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 13 Jul - 2:42:05

Dunno, i'm still not 100% sure if should come back to it, gonna mull it over
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 13 Jul - 2:43:56

I wouldn't lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon 13 Jul - 11:46:06

If you want to catch up the past couple of years, watch anything with Shield and Lesnar. Pass over everything else.

If you haven't watched it at all since it was called WWF, I'd say just watch every Wrestlemania and that's it. You'll get the gist of of what's happened.

If you really want to watch someone revolutionary, I'd say try watching some x-division matches from TNA, circa 2005-2007.

If you're like me and love nostalgic stuff, at least watch HBK-Taker from WM25 and WM26.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 13 Jul - 11:50:39

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wouldn't lol.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 13 Jul - 19:09:39

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/620639070717251584
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 14 Jul - 15:41:45

Sasha Banks made her RAW debut. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue 14 Jul - 18:21:47

Not gonna lie. That Diva segment was probably the best of the show for me. Great to see it get a pop from the crowd as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 14 Jul - 20:07:32

Just watched RAW. No idea why I keep doing this lol.

What an incredible match between Rusev, Cesaro and Owens. Rusev and Cesaro were both fantastic. Cesaro has been the MVP for weeks now along with Lesnar and Cena. If only he could talk.

Diva's segment would have been better if Steph wasn't there. She kinda ruined it.

Felt sorry for Kane.

Battleground match between Rollins and Lesnar is unpredictable. It's obvious that Lesnar should beat him, but that's why i don't know if he will. There is something bound to happen.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 14 Jul - 20:08:00

Whoever that Becky Lynch diva was

She is going to flop so bad Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 14 Jul - 20:55:18

If only all RAWs used their three hours like this...

Opening segment was Heyman dropping verbal bombs like usual.

The tag team match was fun due to the batshit crazy things Orton was doing Laughing And Ryback has improved too.

The DivasWOMEN segment was something I have been praying for months. I truly believe a revolution in womens wrestling is here. Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch :bow: All using their submissions at the end :bow: Wish AJ was here for this. She was the prelude to this being so outspoken and bringing back the division from obscurity almost singlehandedly. A week before leaving she put over the NXT Divas and it was great to see what she predicted actually happen. And RG pls go, Becky is an amazing wrestler. Her match with Sasha Banks last month is among the MOTY candidates ffs Laughing I don't know when Stephanie turned face though.

Reigns/Wyatt segment was effective. Though Reigns botched it Laughing Really hope Bray wins.

6 man tag was all right, no complaints. PTP is over though I don't like them.

Loved the comic book intro for Neville vs Stardust. It looks like Stardust will fight Stephen Amell since he said on twitter Green Arrow is next.

The triple threat :bow: No words. Imagine a fatal 4 way at Summerslam :bow: Was good to see Rusev is not falling into obscurity.

The last segment with Lesnar beasting as usual was great. The promo by Rollins at the end was what I have been wanting since Wrestlemania. I am sure Rollins will retain but can't fathom who or what will help him with Kane and J&J out. Great ho home show for Battleground. Built sufficient hype for it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed 15 Jul - 3:39:58

Found it puzzling that Stardust wasn't given a larger role this show given that it's in his hometown and is his first time back since his legendary dad passed away.

Huge chance missed for a pop leading to a face-turn that could lead to a reboot of a pretty good character.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 15 Jul - 3:48:06

Classic WWE to only focus on few guys while giving a random 10 minutes match to rest of the roster lol.

Why exactly is sheamus fighting orton nowadays lol? no one knows. But it's going on

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 15 Jul - 3:57:38

Hoping Lesnar beats Rollins clean, Wyatt appears at the end (after beating Reigns clean) to set up a feud for SummerSlam. Dat dream.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed 15 Jul - 4:11:08

I think Wyatt's feud with Reigns will continue and end at Summerslam, meaning he will win this weekend. He badly needs one anyway whereas Reigns could probably take the hit of a loss and still do rather well.

As for Sheamus? Maybe he figures into the Rollins-Lesnar fight. I am super disappointed what they've done with him though as well as Barrett as well.

Can't remember the last time the King of the Ring and the Money in the Bank winner were so jobbing it so hard....and at the same time as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 15 Jul - 4:14:47

Barrett jobbing to R-Truth as King of the ring Laughing

He is finished. Hope he moves to NJPW or something.

Think Reigns is still the guy to beat Lesnar for WWE.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 15 Jul - 4:20:08

In recent years being the MITB holder and KOTR hasn't really meant much imo. KOTR, you win some midcard tournament and wear a crown for 2 months.

MITB holder usually turns into a jobber before cashing in, wins the title and becomes a cowardly champion.

If they want to do KOTR, it needs to be a separate PPV with top stars competing. MITB..well they need to get rid of it. Too many undeserving people holding the belt because of it. Only the truly elite / super over / unique superstars should hold the WWE title.

Could just replace MITB PPV with KOTR, winner gets a title shot.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 15 Jul - 18:57:15

Battleground spoiler:

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next