Kaladin
Robespierre
Freeza
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
73 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 8 Empty Re: Higuain is the greatest choker of our times

Post by Based Bonera Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:43 pm

One of the most weak minded player i have ever seen.

Hes still a top 15-20 striker though lol but just dont count on him to win you a game. And FFS, you better hope he gets red carded before the penalties. Good luck Arsenal, stay safe.

Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 8 Empty Re: Higuain is the greatest choker of our times

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:30 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:basically everyone who is not Benzema is rejected by our fanbase
*clears throat* :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:46 am

He has just kept regressing after that back injury (especially his mentality). I don't remember him being this inconsistent and mentally weak. It's a shame really, he had lots of potential.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:43 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Higgy won't get Arsenal the CL but is it really such a stretch to think that he might get them 10 more points a season? He might be a scrub killer but Arsenal lost points against Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, Spurs, Everton, Leicester, Liverpool,  & Hull last season, most of them by a one goal difference or draws. If you're aiming for the title the small matches are just as important as the big.

That being said, I wouldn't pay more than 40m euros for him.

Why bother when you can get some younger kid who can do what he already does and probably will be better than him not long after?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:49 am

urbaNRoots wrote:

Again the same argument, there's no top guy, Higuain is the closest thing to a "top guy" that could be available (yes I recognize that he is not world class).
:

But thats not true man. They are out there, you just need to find them and devolp them.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Arsenal should go all in for Lacazette, not for this loser.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Lacazette isn't good enough. Wenger's just waiting for Madrid to sign the next big thing like Kane or a seasoned striker like Aguero before pouncing on Benzema.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Benz is Florentino's playboy lol.

If Wenger is waiting for him he'll be like this.....

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 8 617846
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:21 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Urbie...  are you ok with a player that will put up decent stats, but that you can't rely on in the truly clutch moments of big games?  That's the ONLY criticism imo.  Doesn't make a bad striker.  In fact, Higuain is a good one.  But he is not great and, at this point, never will be.

How much do you really gain with Higuain over Giroud or Walcott?  I don't know.  Imo, if Arsenal are going to change CFs... they really need to go after a top guy as opposed to a pseudo top guy.

Again the same argument, there's no top guy, Higuain is the closest thing to a "top guy" that could be available (yes I recognize that he is not world class).

We need a striker and as the best option in the market I would take him, of course I would like to have Benzema/Aguero/Cavani/enter world class striker but we simply can't get one, been trying for years and failing. When the best strikers were available Falcao/Cavani/Costa/Lewandowski we didn't pay up and now we're left with no one in the market when we finally have the money Laughing

real shit, Im almost certain you can find an up and comer who can give you what this guy can for less, with potenitailly more upside. a Barbosa or a Kramaric or something, even someone like mitrovic who can impose himself physically in a game. players with as much talent and not as much hype. been watching him a good 2 years now, and disappointing aint the word for higuain. I always thought he and Benitez were perfect for each other.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:23 pm

Gil wrote:Lacazette isn't good enough. Wenger's just waiting for Madrid to sign the next big thing like Kane or a seasoned striker like Aguero before pouncing on Benzema.
Is it me, or would llorente fit in perfectly in the EPL? he just needs to be flanked and he's pretty *bleep* legit. and he'd be cheaper than.....basically everyone else.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:27 pm

Not at Arsenal he wouldn't, he might do well for a team which cross a lot though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:36 pm

lol at Lacazette not being good enough for Arsenal Laughing AT WORST he'll do considerably better than Giroud .

if he has another season like this one the next year , the question should be whether Arsenal is good enough for him or not .hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Gil wrote:Lacazette isn't good enough. Wenger's just waiting for Madrid to sign the next big thing like Kane or a seasoned striker like Aguero before pouncing on Benzema.

Kane Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:39 pm

and if he doesnt deliver, arsenal will be mocked for signing kids again... it's not that simple and easy just because he is coming off a strong season where everything seemed to be working for him. THat's pretty much the same as saying that if Man yoo sign Harry Kane they will dominate english football for 10 years...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:41 pm

There's a misconception with Giroud anyway, it's not really about quality it's about fit.

Arsenal needs someone with movement and pace to give room to it's midfield to operate, just look at them when Walcott plays. I wouldn't particularly say Walcott is better than Giroud but he's faster which causes problems for defenders and moves better which gives Ozil and Cazorla more room to create.

Problem with Walcott is he's not actually a CF so he can't play with his back to goal, Giroud can but he slows down their attacks and makes their build up play easier to defend. It has nothing to do with actual ability, so i don't see why Lacazette couldn't succeed for them seeing as he has all the skills to fit into what they need.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:and if he doesnt deliver, arsenal will be mocked for signing kids again... it's not that simple and easy just because he is coming off a strong season where everything seemed to be working for him. THat's pretty much the same as saying that if Man yoo sign Harry Kane they will dominate english football for 10 years...

Lacazette  is 24 not a kid , a french internatiional , and coming off two great seasons one of which he finished top scorer over the likes of Cavani and Ibra while nursing a nagging injury .
anyone who's gonna mock the reasoning behind  this transfert in case it doesn't work out is an idiot whose opinion shouldn't be taken into consideration before concluding transfers .

didn't Arsenal's greatest striker come as  a 22 year old winger and a juventus flop ? what happened to taking some chances ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:04 pm

taking chances when you have bergkamp at your club is not the same as doing it when you have giroud Laughing

you can rewrite history and bend it as much as you want, but Lacazette is coming off his first true top season. you want to be careful about that and watch him some more. your reasoning is just hype, hype, hype , hype, hype, hype.

i like hype myself, but he hasnt done enough. that's just my opinion. if you think he is the next big thing, good for you. But if that's the case, Kane would just be as good a choice,
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:06 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Urbie...  are you ok with a player that will put up decent stats, but that you can't rely on in the truly clutch moments of big games?  That's the ONLY criticism imo.  Doesn't make a bad striker.  In fact, Higuain is a good one.  But he is not great and, at this point, never will be.

How much do you really gain with Higuain over Giroud or Walcott?  I don't know.  Imo, if Arsenal are going to change CFs... they really need to go after a top guy as opposed to a pseudo top guy.

We need a striker and as the best option in the market I would take him, of course I would like to have Benzema/Aguero/Cavani/enter world class striker but we simply can't get one, been trying for years and failing. When the best strikers were available Falcao/Cavani/Costa/Lewandowski we didn't pay up and now we're left with no one in the market when we finally have the money Laughing

real shit, Im almost certain you can find an up and comer who can give you what this guy can for less, with potenitailly more upside.  a Barbosa or a Kramaric or something, even someone like mitrovic who can impose himself physically in a game.  players with as much talent and not as much hype.  been watching him a good 2 years now, and disappointing aint the word for higuain.  I always thought he and Benitez were perfect for each other.

Are you trying to tell us that these kids are better than Higuain right now? Arsenal don't need more kids for the future,  we need a striker who can challenge and replace Giroud next season, none of these names mentioned in this thread come close to that other than Higuain, Lacazzette (arguably) and Icardi who is not available for a transfer.

Which makes me go back to my main point: the market for strikers is absolute dog shit. Milan and Atletico sign Bacca/Hackson for €30m-€35m, Liverpool are about to sign Benteke for what €30m(?) but it's not worth it for Higuain apparently, who has been a regular goalscorer for years...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:31 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:taking chances when you have bergkamp at your club is not the same as doing it when you have giroud Laughing

you can rewrite history and bend it as much as you want, but Lacazette is coming off his first true top season. you want to be careful about that and watch him some more. your reasoning is just hype, hype, hype , hype, hype, hype.

i like hype myself, but he hasnt done enough. that's just my opinion. if you think he is the next big thing, good for you. But if that's the case, Kane would just be as good a choice,

bergkamp wasn't exactly a goal machine , and banking on a converted winger to be your main goal scorer was a risky move no matter how you look at it .

Lacazette's first season as a CF was 2013-2014 . he hit the ground running and was intrsumental in OL reaching the EL quarters and CDL final , scored twice against Saint shitienne , PSG , OM etc..

i'm not saying that Lacazette is the next big thing or a futur BO , but he should be a good enough option for a team like arsenal in this current market .
i watched Monaco's bench warming donkey Adebayor score 24 goals in a season , i sure as hell wouldn't put it past Laca to succeed over there .

you're being overly skpetical here, this isn't 2010-2011 Moussa Sow we're talking about .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:07 pm

"When Messi dies, higuain should bury him just so he can let him down one last time",
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:taking chances when you have bergkamp at your club is not the same as doing it when you have giroud Laughing

Does Lacazette still have to prove ? Yes of course but he's coming off a great season and Arsenal should take the risk. It's a gamble like with any transfert but Chelsea bought Drogba after only one great season in ligue 1. a club like Arsenal can't/don't want to go after the few WC strikers out there. they look for potential great talents and Lacazette has proved enough that he's worth the gamble. That being said, more than 20-25 millions is too much imo.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:13 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:"When Messi dies, higuain should bury him just so he can let him down one last time",

the irony is that anyone who's going to loko at higuain's stats in the future is going to call him '' great '' . Dude is almost 1 in 2 in career.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:45 pm

It's Lacazette's second top season, not his first one...  he was playing behind Gomis, who was the pure 9, and still managed 21 goals the season before despite starting very slowly. And it was slow because they wanted Benzia to play with Lacazette and Benzia flopped completely...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:49 pm

Aulas has leaked that he won't sell Lacazette for anything less than 40 million.... and Atleti offered 35 mil (were rejected). So forget the 20-25 mil nonsense Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:07 pm

farfan wrote:

bergkamp wasn't exactly a goal machine , and banking on a converted winger to be your main goal scorer was a risky move no matter how you look at it .

Lacazette's first season as a CF was 2013-2014 . he hit the ground running and was intrsumental in OL reaching the EL quarters and CDL final , scored twice against Saint shitienne , PSG , OM etc..

i'm not saying that Lacazette is the next big thing or a futur BO , but he should be a good enough option for a team like arsenal in this current market .
i watched Monaco's bench warming donkey Adebayor score 24 goals in a season , i sure as hell wouldn't put it past Laca to succeed over there .

you're being overly skpetical here, this isn't 2010-2011 Moussa Sow we're talking about .

Surely if Lacazette moves he'll want to go to a bigger club though, so Arsenal makes no sense. However, Lederhosen look good on black people hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:32 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
farfan wrote:

Surely if Lacazette moves he'll want to go to a bigger club though, so Arsenal makes no sense. However, Lederhosen look good on black people hmm

you guys don't need a CF . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next