windkick
M99
Myesyats
37 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Arda Turan - Page 3 Empty Re: Arda Turan

Post by futbol Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Doc wrote:Barcelona signed Neymar and Suarez while Madrid were busy signing a winger who refuses to be one and a guy from Brasil who most Madrid fans probably went to FM to see if he was any good. So it is still 15-love to Madrid in really awful transfer decisions.

After reading up on this from Barcaforum and you lovely gentleman (minus Futbol of course), it really does stink to the high heavens. Arda, despite Dani's opinion, is an actual good footballer but for a supposed election gimmick, why him and why that price? If anyone has any of the directors number, tell him join GL and explain pls.

Why always me? Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:04 pm

Arda Turan: "Playing at Barça is a dream, every fooballer wants to play at the Camp Nou, the best stadium I've been at."
Arda Turan: "Everyone comes from somewhere and I come from a small place in Turkey to go and play for the best team in the world."
Arda Turan: "Not playing until January is a problem, but I'm not here for six months. I'm here to win trophies over five years."
Arda Turan: "I'm very motivated to win the Champions League. It's the only title I didn't yet win and I want it on my trophy list."
Arda Turan: "I don't care where I play, I'm willing to adapt to the team, to get to know my teammates and to win trophies."
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:29 pm

It would be huge embarrassment if new president sends him back to atletico after these words
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:Madrid have more talent in midfield than we do, which hurts me greatly to say.

Madrid's coach is Rafa Benitez. Is it too optimistic to expect them to have a disaster of a season like Inter Milan did in 2010-11? To me it felt as if the biggest joy, other than of course the treble, did not even come from anything that happened in Barca. It came from Madrid appointing Benitez.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:08 pm

The Franchise wrote:
How can we pay this much for Arda? He isnt even that good, forgetting his age and price..just him as a player...what the hell.

If it was for half the price and Arda could play from the start of the season I might at least try to see some sense in it but as it stands ...

The new board is not yet elected. Signings of this quality, if really needed, can be made in January as well especially if we are ready to offer this kind of money. A mad rush is understandable for the hottest prospects but for anything else putting some more time and thought into it would have been so much better.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:11 pm

linetty wrote:
sree999 wrote:Why didn't they go for koke ?

He's happy at Atleti, doesn't want to leave and they don't want to sell... Arda asked to leave

At least we could have tried for Koke and seen what develops but it seems Lucho personally asked for Arda and now Lucho will have to take complete credit/discredit for how things go with Arda.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:23 pm

Neymar: "Arda Turan is a great player. He's one of the best players in the Liga. He's very talented, he'll help us a lot." [sport]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:47 pm

ahmad25 wrote:It would be huge embarrassment if new president sends him back to atletico after these words

I would welcome it. We are ALREADY a huge embarrassment. And Turan is well aware of the clause in his contract, and must be blind if can't see he is being used as a toy by Bart.

Also if we get a new president and we send Turan back to Atletico, if would be a huge *bleep* you to Bart and his staff.

But, obviously not gonna happen...Lucho wants him apparently so no matter if we get a new board, Turan will stay

And Atletico already spend like half of the Turan money on Vietto....let that sink in...
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Yeah I also think he'll stay.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:59 am

Arda Turan admits he will be honoured to play alongside Lionel Messi at Barcelona - especially after years of "suffering" as an opponent.

The Turkey international sealed a move to Camp Nou on Tuesday after four years with Atletico Madrid, in a deal which could total €41 million.

Having battled against Messi, Neymar, Luis Suarez and his "idol" Andres Iniesta during his Liga career so far, the 28-year-old says he cannot wait to experience life alongside them.

"It's incredible, I've always had a dream of playing for Barca," he told Mundo Deportivo.

"Having grown accustomed to suffering against players like Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Iniesta, now I have the honour of playing alongside them. Messi is the best in the world and Iniesta is my idol."

Arda, who was linked with a handful of Europe's top clubs after telling Atletico he would not extend his stay at Vicente Calderon, admits he could barely contain his excitement when he learned of Luis Enrique's interest.

"Once I heard of Barca's interest, I couldn't sleep until yesterday, when the signing was made official. I was on holiday but I called my agent every day to ask if the deal was closed," he said. "I couldn't get Barca out of my head.

"Luis Enrique called me yesterday to welcome me. It was a great gesture, I'm very happy."

The former Galatasaray winger's move contains a clause which would allow the next president of Barcelona - to be decided on July 18 - to sell him back to Atletico for a 10 per cent loss should he be considered surplus to demands.

Arda, however, is not worried by the prospect.

"I respect all the candidates. All I'm thinking about is that Barca are my dream and, if they want me and I want them, there's nothing to talk about," he added.

Arda is due to be unveiled officially at Camp Nou on Friday, when he will sign his contract and be presented to the media.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:00 am

Barcelona presidential hopeful Agusti Benedito has branded the signing of Arda Turan as a "huge problem" for the club.

The midfielder sealed a €41 million transfer to the European champions on Monday despite the club currently being without an elected board, with elections due to take place on July 18.

Arda's transfer contains a clause which would allow the incoming Camp Nou chief to veto the move and return him to Atletico Madrid for a reduced sum.

And Benedito has slammed the decision to splash out on a player who cannot play for the club until the expiry of the transfer ban next January, placing the blame squarely at the feet of former president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

"They've left us with a huge problem," he said to reporters. "A signing that we can't use until six months from now because, and we mustn't forget this, we are under sanction from Fifa because of that person [Bartomeu].

"He's going to pay a big price for this disrespect towards the members. He is crossing the line.

Benedito, who admitted he would cancel the transfer if elected, added: "I spoke to him [acting president Ramon Adell] and told him that signing Arda is an act of disloyalty, an attack on the club's democratic spirit."

Bartomeu has already publicly backed the signing of Arda, insisting it came at the request of head coach Luis Enrique, while fellow candidate Joan Laporta claimed he was undecided over the transfer.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:21 am

Diario sport claims Arda will most probably be wearing #6..... wtf are they thinking, shit club
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:22 am

Suarez couldn't play for four months and he cost twice as much as Turan.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Art Morte wrote:Suarez couldn't play for four months and he cost twice as much as Turan.

And is probably thrice the player...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:59 pm

someone plz explain me the hype of this no.6 jersey....do you guyz want it to be in the meuseum Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:02 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Madrid have more talent in midfield than we do, which hurts me greatly to say.

Madrid's coach is Rafa Benitez. Is it too optimistic to expect them to have a disaster of a season like Inter Milan did in 2010-11? To me it felt as if the biggest joy, other than of course the treble, did not even come from anything that happened in Barca. It came from Madrid appointing Benitez.

I dont think so. Inter Milan were in a different position, there core group of players are ready to start their decline and lacking motivation after winning everything with Mourinho.

I dont know how Rafa will do, but I wouldnt expect that kind of collapse. Though I would love to be wrong of course.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:06 pm

neuro11 wrote:someone plz explain me the hype of this no.6 jersey....do you guyz want it to be in the meuseum Laughing

What dont you understand? It is the number of a legend, the most decorated player in our history...his number should go to a real successor, not some work horse who shouldnt even be here.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:07 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
How can we pay this much for Arda? He isnt even that good, forgetting his age and price..just him as a player...what the hell.

If it was for half the price and Arda could play from the start of the season I might at least try to see some sense in it but as it stands ...

The new board is not yet elected. Signings of this quality, if really needed, can be made in January as well especially if we are ready to offer this kind of money. A mad rush is understandable for the hottest prospects but for anything else putting some more time and thought into it would have been so much better.

If we signed Pogba, if he signed Neymar..you know, some young player who everyone wants and we have to fight tooth and nail to get, okay I understand the hurry.

But not some guy we can get any time we want and if we miss, we can find another just like him somewhere else easily.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:52 pm

neuro11 wrote:someone plz explain me the hype of this no.6 jersey....do you guyz want it to be in the meuseum Laughing

What don't you get?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Neuro pls.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Art Morte wrote:Suarez couldn't play for four months and he cost twice as much as Turan.

We have to admit that this was one of the very rare instances when this board proved most of us fans wrong.

At that time we were against the signing of Suarez since he was too costly, on a long ban, had serious disciplinary issues, Alexis Sanchez had been playing better and better and we thought the money should have been used for other more pressing needs.

Suarez proved to be the missing piece in our jigsaw that made the difference this season.

However then at least we were buying a world class player with a desire to improve the team quality. The current purchase is meant for a political campaign which makes it all the worse.

Besides this board is just not good enough to prove us fans wrong again and again. Their wrong doings far exceed the times when they got it right.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

I dont think so. Inter Milan were in a different position, there core group of players are ready to start their decline and lacking motivation after winning everything with Mourinho.

I dont know how Rafa will do, but I wouldnt expect that kind of collapse. Though I would love to be wrong of course.

Maybe not that kind of collapse but I do think Rafa's best days as a coach are in the past and he is very likely to fail with Madrid and be out in less than a season.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:54 pm

you all are over reacting over a shirt number lmao
it's not even a fact yet and you guys are going crazy about it he wont get a number 24 shirt or someshit he is literally here to replace a bench xavi not a starter and legend xavi we had two or three years ago

i guess the stereotype that majority of barca fans are huge pessimistic and complainers isn't far from true.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:40 pm

I see no problems giving 6 to Turan, as it's now free. Giggs is most decorated Janited player of all-time, then 11 went to Januzaj.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Harmonica wrote:I see no problems giving 6 to Turan, as it's now free. Giggs is most decorated Janited player of all-time, then 11 went to Januzaj.

Xavi's number should go to someone way more associated with the club than Arda. My personal pick would be Samper. It just seems not right to me that an Atleti thug will inherit that legendary number. Xavi should point at the successor himself, just like Puyi.

Who gives a shit what they do at Man Scrub.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:29 pm

the last thing we need is a youngster to have the added pressure of succeeding someone like xavi.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next