RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
84 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 28, 2016 10:08 am

James in insanely good in that 10 role. can see him getting 20 maybe 25 goals from that position. his finishing is ridiculous.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Kaladin Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Ibra to United done
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:01 pm

So, Ibrahimovic and Bailly now appear to be on the cusp of joining... That's 2 signings in major positions of need. Striker an CB were two positions that Mourinho absolutely HAD to strengthen before next season. However, that’s hardly enough to get United back to a place where they can challenge on multiple fronts.

In an ideal window, I think Mourinho would want to bring in a New RW, a New CM, and a New LB, in addition to finalizing Ibrahimovic and Bailly.

--------------Ibrahimovic*
-----Martial---Rooney---New RW?
-----Schneiderlin--New CM?
New LB?---Bailly*-Smalling---Darmian
----------------De Gea

RW: I have a hard time seeing any of Mata, Young, Valencia, Januzaj, and even Lingard starting regularly for a Mourinho side. Looking at past Mourinho sides, I would expect him to want someone that will work tirelessly in order to counter-balance the more flamboyant, goalscoring winger (in this case likely to be Martial). Strangely enough (considering his relative lack of time under Van Gaal), the name that sticks out to me from the current United squad is Herrera. I could see Mourinho using him similarly to the way he used Ramires at Chelsea, as something of a utility midfielder.  

CM:
I think Schneiderlin can start effectively for Mourinho. However, his partner is far from set. Blind could fill the role until Mourinho gets his preferred target (especially given his shielding abilities). However, I simply can’t see Fellaini getting any sort of serious minutes under Mourinho. Sure, he has the mean-streak that Mou would like, but he doesn’t have much else. Schweinsteiger and Carrick could both see time as substitutes and in spot-starts. However, their age likely limits the chances of Mourinho relying upon them in the spine of the team.  

LB:
Again, this is a position that Blind could cover until a preferred target is brought in. However, I would expect Mourinho to go find a LB that is solid defensively and can lend something to the attacking side of play. Blind could fill the role for the time being, but the other options in the squad don’t inspire confidence. Rojo, while he plays the position for Argentina, would likely be more defensive than Mourinho would prefer. Shaw (if he still exists… can anyone confirm?) would be more attacking than Jose has used in the past, and 2 years of sporadic football may have damaged his career beyond repair (at least at United).

Side-notes:
Darmian:
I’m a little surprised people see him as a shoo-in under Mourinho. He never struck me as a Mourinho type of fullback. He’s always seemed just slightly more attacking than Mourinho would prefer. I would have thought he might prefer Jones at right back, but perhaps that’s just a bit of recency bias, comparing any right back to Ivanovic.

Martial:
The French youngster has immense potential, but I’m not certain on where he fits into a Mourinho side. He’s more of a forward than Mourinho typically plays on the wing (Ronaldo aside, during his time at Madrid). Honestly, Depay seems to fit the playing style he would prefer: a creative, attacking winger that will contribute goals, but still works and tracks like a winger. Martial may be able to play the role, but I think it wastes some of his more exciting attributes. That said, I don’t think Martial fits into Mou’s concept of a striker. He’s far from the Drogba / Costa / Ibrahimovic type of target-man striker that Mourinho tends to prefer. Therefore, his future may be on the wing for the duration of Mourinho’s tenure.

Rooney:
First of all, I’m not sure how Rooney, Mourinho, and Ibra’s egos can all fit in the same side. If nothing else, it should be fascinating to see that dynamic develop… In all seriousness, how does everyone see Rooney’s role developing under Mourinho? Personally, I see him at his best as a #10, at this point in his career. However, he’s not exactly Mourinho’s typical #10. I’ll be interested in seeing how the relationship between Ibra, Rooney, and Martial develops. Between the three of them, they could form an very effective attacking trio, especially if supplemented with a hard-working RW who can also support the midfield 2.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:41 pm

No need for a new LB at all, think you have forgotten Shaw who has been out with his leg injury, was probably the best LB in the league before it too.

Shaw is a better defender then offensive threat too...although he is very good going forward now, but when he was first signed he was known as a defender first LB

Last edited by B-Mac on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:44 pm

Shaw too offensive for him ? His favorite player in Madrid was Marcelo and it doesn't get more offensive than that for a full-back Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:47 pm

Gomes and Hames will be there for obvious reasons, wouldn't be surprised if Mendes snuck in a Coentrao in there as well
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Shaw too offensive for him ? His favorite player in Madrid was Marcelo and it doesn't get more offensive than that for a full-back Laughing
Don't actually think he had all that much control on transfers in Madrid. Besides, Marcelo is a bit of a special case. Yes, he's offensive, but he's very underated defensively.

In any case, my point is more that Jose won't want to use TWO offensive fullbacks. Most places where he's gone, he's employed one more attacking FB and one more defensive/physical FB. If you assume that Darmian  keeps his place in the squad, I can't see Shaw getting in at LB. In any case, I can't say I have faith in Shaw's return to his pre-United form. He's not been the same since moving from Southampton. His confidence is shot, his form is non-existent, and he's battling back from a serious knee injury. Jose's not exactly been one to cultivate and develop young talent, much less talent that has been been damaged physically and in terms of confidence.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Ok now you are talking proper shit lmao

he was a absolute BEAST pre injury, you have just not been watching him or are taking his first few months of battling fitness under LVG and painting that over his entire United career, and he broke his leg, not a knee injury.

Not been the same since moving from Southampton, you are right...he is miles better now.

Shaw will walk comfortably back into the first team, hell Jose wanted him at Chelsea but they offered less wages.

Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:32 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Shaw too offensive for him ? His favorite player in Madrid was Marcelo and it doesn't get more offensive than that for a full-back Laughing
Don't actually think he had all that much control on transfers in Madrid. Besides, Marcelo is a bit of a special case. Yes, he's offensive, but he's very underated defensively.

What the hell? Clearly you don't watch Marcelo enough. When he gives a shit, he is average at best. unfortunately, Marcelo rarely gives a shit nowadays to defend and it is made worse with Casemiro around.

also, the likes of Jesus Navas has Marcelo's number almost every time they meet.

All Marcelo's good for is offense, and even there his final ball is lacking.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Dont think Mou will get anyone in for Shaw. He was excellent pre-injury. But dont be surprised if a bunch of no names are signed to United and you find out later on that their agent is Mendes. Mendes is a cancer that needs to be eradicated
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Zlatan confirmed
Mkhi confirmed
Pogba on his way

United will be title contendors if this keeps up
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Molenation

no CL...no problem
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:30 pm

Molenation
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:07 pm

So, Ibra and Mkhitaryan to United... That's United's #9 and #10 sorted, then. Ipersonally think the two should dovetail nicely. When you add Martial as an attacking option from the wing, the combination looks deadly on paper.

That said, the question that comes to mind is: where does Rooney fit into the lineup? Van Gaal and Hodgson has both used him  as a controlling CM. I have a hard time seeing him there long-term. However, I don't claim to be an expert on Rooney's strengths at this point in his career.

An interesting wrinkle to this question is Mourinho's use of Fabregas at Chelsea. When he bought him from Barca, he'd been consistently used as a false9 for both club and country. Mourinho brings him in and slots him into a deeper midfield position, asking him to drop back and control the game. Could he do something similar with Rooney? I can't say that I see it, myself. (I just think Cesc and Rooney are two very different players.) That said, there are certainly some parallels between them: former attackers, coming into the latter part of their careers, good on-the-ball skills, passing range, vision, etc.

The follow-on question then is: who sits next to him. With Fabregas, Mourinho's setup didn't really work until he brought in a top-class DM in Matic. Who could play that role in the current United squad... Blind, Schneiderlin, Carrick... Fellaini? Not sure Blind's quite the level needed to cover for Rooney's deficiencies. (I like Blind, but he's always struck me as a Jack of All Trades, Master of None.) Schneiderlin and Carrick are both good players, but they're a little more in the controller mould than the destroyer that would be needed. Fellaini... well, he's certainly combative, but he's never struck me as a sitting DM. He's always seemed best played further forward, breaking up play and acting as a link between defense and attack (as a target-man). In short, I would think that a devoted DM would need to come into the squad.

I'm curious what everyone else thinks (especially those of you a little more familiar with the United squad and Mourinho's tendencies). I have a hard time seeing Rooney dorpped, completely. However, Ibra and Mkhitaryan are coming in to play in Rooney's traditional roles. That mean's Rooney gets moved around. The only question is: to where?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:04 am

Rooney will be moved around to no.8 role or to no.10 role( with Mkhit taking the RW spot). Either way yes he will continue to be a first teamer unfortunately for us.
And if rooney remains undroppable, for the team's sake i hope he plays no.8 even if it means sacrificing on the notion of having a quality CM. Rooney at 10 and Ibra upfront will be asking for trouble.

I think the team that will start the charity shield match against LC will be something like this.
ddg
valencia-bailly-smalling-blind
rooney-carrick
rashford-micky-martial
zlataaan

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Joes Mourinho - "There are some managers who haven't won titles for 10 years..."
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:07 pm

Jose Mourinho: "I was never good at hiding behind words, hiding behind philosophies."

Fraud and Wenger already getting destroyed
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:14 pm

I wonder if there will be Mou vs Conte banter hmm
That could get aggresive, but I think they would get along.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Wrong thread. Last 3 posts belong in the http://www.goallegacy.net/t37372-the-new-official-and-definitive-jose-mourinho-denunciation-thread#1384953
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:22 pm

Dig at Wenger Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Reporters - WHERE WILL ROONEY PLAY?

Mourinho - “There are many jobs and the one that is more difficult to find is the guy that puts the ball in the net. Players change during the years, their qualities and characteristics. It is normal that a player of his age changes, but something that will never change is the natural appetite to put the ball in the net. Maybe he is not a striker anymore, or a nine, but he will never be a six playing 50 metres from the goal. He will be a nine, a 10, a nine and a half, but not a six or eight."

I'm imagining van Gaal's face right now. Laughing

Also, Mourinho confirmed that there will be one more fundamental transfer (one player on a specific position that he thinks needs improvement) and eventually additional transfers for replacement if somebody wants to leave.

Later Edit:

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Mourinho doesn't coitus around.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:58 pm

UEFA Europa League@ EuropaLeague 3h
Jose Mourinho makes himself at home
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:30 pm

So from this presser alone, some things are confirmed for the first few matches at least.
ddg
darmian-----bailly----smalling-----shaw
schneiderlin/carrick/shweini-----new cm
micky------rooney------martial
zlatan

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:38 pm

micky is a big stretch on the wing.  And Zlatan does not sit as a pure 9...  he dezones a ton. So it's not like Micky can cut in because Rooney and Zlatan are both going to be there.

It's going to be interesting.  I don't think the profiles really work together.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:39 pm

DDG
Darmian--Bayley--Smalling--Shaw
Schneiderlin-Pogba
Mkhitaryan--Rooney--Martial
Zlatan
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next