RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
84 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by M99 Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:44 pm

Firenze wrote:Evidently Valencia is going to be Mou's first choice RB this season

LMAO

Hope Mou gives us Darmian on loan.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Source: Official Website of Manchester United
Address: www.manutd.com

Jose Mourinho post-match interview

ON UNITED’S PERFORMANCE
"The first half was much better than the second which doesn't surprise me because the team is not fit enough and in condition to keep the stability in the game. In the second half when they increased the pace by bringing on three quick players in Gray and Musah plus Vardy, they changed the game to their style. I think it's an important victory but of course we have lots of work to do. I would be not ambitious if I say that we had a fantastic performance because it was not a fantastic performance. It was a possible performance for this moment of the season. Some of these guys today they have one week of training - Martial, Ibrahimovic, Fellaini. The other ones had two weeks, no pre-season in China, a very bad pre-season, so I think step by step we are changing, but I think it's always important to start with a trophy.

"The first half was really good, very solid, very dominating, we were very comfortable in the game. In the second half we felt the change of speed, we felt Musa, Gray and Vardy together against a team (that’s) a bit tired but then we recovered control of the game when Mata and Herrera came on. We recovered control of the game and we scored an important goal to win us the match."

ON SCORERS LINGARD AND IBRAHIMOVIC
“Zlatan will be more dangerous when we are more dominant and play closest to the box. Zlatan is not a very fast player to play 50 metres away from the box like where Vardy can be dangerous. Zlatan needs the team to play, he needs the team to produce and he needs the team to be arriving in the final third. It's something that we also have to change because the profile of this team was more about possession of the ball. Even arriving in crossing positions, the team normally plays back again and tries to change to the other side. We are trying to change. The reality is the second goal is a great example of that.”

ON FELLAINI’S PASS THAT LED TO VARDY’S GOAL
“I think it's the mistake of the slow pitch. Before the game starts I put my hand on the surface and I thought, 'Wow, we are in trouble because we want a fast pitch and the pitch is really slow.' Good pitch but slow. I don't know if they put water on and the atmosphere killed the water immediately or if they forgot to do it but the reality is it was very slow. So Marouane gives a backpass and the ball slowed down and Vardy smells everything and is really fast. I think Bailly is the perfect opponent for people like they have because he is as fast as they are. I know the player he is but you always have a little question mark when a player comes from a completely different level and plays his first match for Manchester United officially at Wembley with these responsibilities, without Smalling. The way he played I think he was really good but I have to say Daley also gave him the stability he needs.”

FIRST TROPHY - THANKS TO MY PREDECESSOR
"I have to thank Mr van Gaal because without the victory in the FA Cup we wouldn’t be here today so I am getting a trophy for the club and the boys and the fans and myself but I’m playing this match not because I won the FA Cup, I play this match because Mr van Gaal won the FA Cup so congratulations to him because he’s part of this. I think it's nice and the spirit is good and to play against a team that is an end product, a team that is working together and plays exactly the same team as they had last season just without Kante and King playing instead. Leicester know the team they are and they are very automatic. We are in a process. We are changing the manager. We are changing a few players, we are trying to change the style of play, the principles of play so I think [the victory] was good."

MORE ON THE NEW SIGNINGS
"Eric (Bailly) is working since day one, he started the pre-season with us, he played matches, he’s fit so I knew that with him it's just a question of his personality allowing him this big move from Villarreal to Man United to Wembley. It was just that. He was super comfortable so no doubt that he’s a man for us. Zlatan is tired. I think he’s tired even before the game starts so (he’s) a bit slow, lacks a bit of sharpness but then we have one cross, one header, one goal, one trophy."

POGBA MEDICAL ARRANGED
"He (Pogba) is a fantastic player. If everything goes well he’s a very important player but we have a great squad. We left today 7 players out of the group, and they are very good players that work so hard to be (very good), so we have the options, we have the players, we have the squad. I think we are getting the mentality and the most difficult thing is the principles of play that we are changing step by step but I saw today, especially the team as a defensive unit, very compact, an outstanding zonal game, not following man to man all over the place, not opening gaps, I think the team was very compact by the defensive point of view."

FREE WEEK BEFORE FIRST LEAGUE GAME
"It's very important, very important. One day to rest, one week to work. The fact we play Sunday gives us one extra day, it’s a very important week, we have no injuries, of course we have a suspension with Smalling but we have no injuries. I think Lingard must not have anything really serious so we are in good condition to work but of course there is a long way to go [in the season]."
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Source: Skysports Website
Address: www.skysports.com

Mourinho :coffee:

"I don't think Real Madrid were upset when they broke the record with Gareth Bale. I don't think it is a reason to be sad," he said. "It is a reason to be proud with the dimension of the club that can do that and can attract players of this dimension."

"If you ask me if I think it is a lot of money, I think football is crazy, the market has become crazy." 

"What you think this season is crazy you realise three years later is not crazy anymore. I think there are players who cost £10m who are super expensive because they are players £400,000 or £500,000 or £1m so what is expensive and not expensive in football? I don't know anymore."

"I just know he is a big player that is going, for sure, to be important for a big club like Man United."
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:57 am

DDG
Darmian--Bailley--Smalling--Shaw
Schneiderlin---Pogba
Mkhitaryan---Rooney---Martial-
Ibrahimovic
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:23 am

Valencia is ahead of Darmian

looks good minus he and Rooney..but Rooney ruins the attack, he's shite. I'd love to See Ibra playing behind Rashford tbh. also not convinced Schneiderlin is top quality but deserves another season to prove he is
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:54 am

Wouldn't play Pogba so far away from goal
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:59 am

All I can say is if Pogba was played that far back in a 4-2-3-1 for his entire Juve career we'd probably be discussing where we should loan him to not how to replace a World record transfer fee breaking player.

He's going to get pissed off and caught out with his flashy moves in that sort of role. And become a liability.

Surely you don't break the bank to play him in any other role than a b2b mid with less defensive responsibility than his counter parts.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:00 am

windkick wrote:Wouldn't play Pogba so far away from goal

Agreed. Switch him and Rooney so Rooney can be in his natural position
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:09 am

Rooney should play CB tbh.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:33 am

I would try something like this, see if it works. Herrera and Morgan stay back and do dirty work and pass forward, Pogba plays right in front of them with a free pass to play B2B, while they are restricted. And then Ibra and co in the front. Not sure who Utd play at right back (and honestly don't care). Mata, Schweini, Rashford, Depay, Rooney, Blind, Jones, Young, and Blind all would be relegated to the bench (I'm aware some of them are leaving). This line up actually gives you a really strong bench as well, as oppose to trying to force a spot for Rooney who usually doesn't contribute shit and just messes up an otherwise good tactically aligned side. And if anyone has the balls to bench a club legend, it's Mourihno. Midfield still sucks, but I'm trying to build a fire with the sticks Utd has laying around.

------------David De Gea---------
----D/V--Smalling--Bailly--Shaw
------Herrera-------Schneid------
--------------Pogba---------------
--Mkh----------------------Martial
--------------Zlatan---------------
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:07 am

Pogba has to be the player with the most excuses. "Can't play AM because he's a b2b"
"Can't play DM because he's an offensive b2b"
But wait, he also has to be on the right side.

I really question a player with this many excuses to be worth the money Man U paid for is worth it

I see these things with pogba
-shooting ability
-technique
-dribbling

He's not fast, is apparently super strong but never imposes his physique, has zero vision compared to other top class mids, and is terrible defensively.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:15 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Pogba has to be the player with the most excuses. "Can't play AM because he's a b2b"
"Can't play DM because he's an offensive b2b"
But wait, he also has to be on the right side.

I really question a player with this many excuses to be worth the money Man U paid for is worth it

I see these things with pogba
-shooting ability
-technique
-dribbling

He's not fast, is apparently super strong but never imposes his physique, has zero vision compared to other top class mids, and is terrible defensively.

Zero vision compared to other top class mids? C'mon, mate! He has the most assists at Juve in the last 2-3 seasons if I remember well what I've read. He must have some vision, even though it's possible that many of the passes were obvious solutions.

Juve fans, need backup!
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:27 am

You see these things cause you don't see Pogba.

Pogba's physique is a key part of his game. The most Pogba move is receiving the ball in a tricky situation and turning to shield it with his body, brushing the player off and pushing forward.

He is excellent defensively, in fact, this free role at B2B was only created for him this season. The last 4 years he played much further down and with much more responsibility in defense. You should know that no one that's not good defensively can succeed for Conte, specially in midfield. No one gets a free role with Conte, even the SS/AM. And he was formed under Conte.

Juve gave him the 10 and this free role and in a couple of months he became this monster in the role. No doubt he will succeed in whatever role, he needs to play it and he will adapt.

0 vision yet he had 15 assists...

How many roles did Iniesta, Pirlo, Xavi or Zidane play? players play their best roles best it only makes sense. Instead of bashing him for not being playing other roles, look at how he plays his own game.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:28 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:

Zero vision compared to other top class mids? C'mon, mate! He has the most assists at Juve in the last 2-3 seasons if I remember well what I've read. He must have some vision, even though it's possible that many of the passes were obvious solutions.

Juve fans, need backup!

Yeah, most assist we've had in a while. His long lob passes were a staple. Check his assist against City in the CL, thats his favorite pass.

Edit: Here he goes, excellent passing. You can see the kind of passes I mentioned.

People that judge without watching a player are the ones with lack of vision...
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Well it's simple really. If you buy a player for such a big fee with such big expectations you play him how he NEEDS to be played.

It's not about excuses. A B2B mid plays best in a B2B role. Just like buying Ronaldo and slapping him strictly at left mid in a 4-4-2 and making sure he pulls his weight defensively would be retarded, taking a b2b mid and lumping him in to a defensive role wold be stupid.

He can play DM, he could probably play AM too. But what you get is a watered down Pogba not playing to his strengths. Hence why I said if we had been playing him as a DM all this time we sure as hell wouldn't be moving him for £90M he'd be comfortably on our bench.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:08 pm

All that 'building an amazing team' talk will count for nothing if Rooney continues to start, hindering the whole team like he always does.

The team's success hinges on whether Mou does what Moyes and LVG were scared to do, and that is drop Rooney.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:41 pm

He won't at the start but after a few consecutive shite results and performances I'm confident he will. Mourinho can't afford to flop after what happened at the end of his Chelsea tenure. He'll axe Rooney. Still has 3 years on his contract though I think :facepalm: Nobody is paying him that kinda money either, bar China. Which he will never move to. Hope he goes to MLS early tbh. So yeah, Rooney WILL be dropped..we will just have to suffer and rage while he stinks up the pitch a little more before it happens.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:37 pm

I hope so mate. Thing is, Rooney is so influential in the dressing room that any type of discontent caused to him will potentially create a bad atmosphere towards Mourinho. Similar to the Casillas at RM issue. It's a delicate matter that crosses the boundaries of him not starting in the first team.

He's toxic. Fking Moyes was presented with the opportunity to get rid of him by SAF, but that bell went and renewed his contract. Now we're stuck with him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Roonay being dropped ever rofl

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 14 A1e
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Please don't rub it in, Mole Sad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:40 pm

As long as Rooney gets a starting spot Man Utd will not reach its potential even with all the cash spent. Hopefully Jose has the guts to rise above and make him warm the bench.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:36 pm

DDG
Darmian--Bailley--Lindelof--Shaw
Matic---Pogba
Mkhitaryan---Ibrahimovic---Rashford
Lukaku

Weaknesses: RB, LB, CB and LW

Solutions: VVD, Ghoulam, Aurier and Keita Balde

Expected finish: 1st
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:49 pm

You think Ibra will start behind Lukaku? I'd actually love to see it, not sure Jose will do it, like that lineup though, looks ideal, with Martial and Rash rotating and Mkhi/Mata rotating too

damn shame about Herrera though, would love to fit him in but it's tough Matic - Pogba is the way to go
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:02 pm

is this our strongest side since prime fergie 2008?
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Laughing everybody stop, we should be happy if we finish better than 4th
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:28 pm

B-Mac wrote:is this our strongest side since prime fergie 2008?
May we be allowed to say; 'NO Excuse'. hmm
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next