RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
84 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 38 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:55 am

I can see exactly how his tenure is going to be played out, like the back of my hand. Ill be here to remind you when he's inevitably sacked

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 38 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:55 am

Think Longstaff will be a great midfielder tbh

but probably Manchester United is not a good place to develop these days

going anywhere else would be good for him

Arsenal for example, or Liverpool
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Kaladin wrote:I can see exactly how his tenure is going to be played out, like the back of my hand. Ill be here to remind you when he's inevitably sacked

I think he was likely to get sacked before he even took over. I really don't think he's responsible for the lack of quality transfers, though. Looking forward to finding out who the next scapegoat will be Molenation
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Think Longstaff will be a great midfielder tbh

would you sign him for 50 million pounds?

I agree @Glory

Matic's first season, thought he was captain material. He is complete dead weight now though and him starting every game is probably an even bigger issue than Pogba's inconsistency. It is genuinely like playing every game with 10 men from the start.

He is useless. Offers nothing at all. I pray Ole sees sense and uses him as a rotation player this season.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:54 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Kaladin wrote:I can see exactly how his tenure is going to be played out, like the back of my hand. Ill be here to remind you when he's inevitably sacked

I think he was likely to get sacked before he even took over. I really don't think he's responsible for the lack of quality transfers, though. Looking forward to finding out who the next scapegoat will be Molenation

Well if by quality you mean top players from top teams, then ofc he is a reason. I hate to admit it but Mourinho managed to attract the likes of Mktharian and Zlatan without CL footy not to mention Pogba (debatable as money might be a huuuuge factor there). All Solksjaer could attract from that medium to top tier is a Maguire (ofc the transfer fee is not his fault). Again we aren’t talking about shrewd signings or well scouted transfers by the term ‘quality’, but the best players. The board is incompetent, Woodward don’t know jackshit about football. But all those problems were there even before as well.

Also this time last season, board turned down Maguire for lesser money when JM asked them. Now they are willing to pay whatever to land him. Has to be OGS, that, going by his apparent hardon for Britishers.  I am not criticizing Ole, but no way giving into his actions blindly either. Want him to succeed like madly, but pointing finger solely at the club, sorry, can’t do. Him bowing down to shits like Lingard and Fraudba, agreeing to give mega deals to average Brexit scrubs, all that has left a very bad taste in the mouth, for me at least.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:46 pm

Firenze wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Think Longstaff will be a great midfielder tbh

would you sign him for 50 million pounds?

Obviously I would say no, but honestly that's too easy an answer.
We payed 35m € for Renato Sanches after all, I'm not one to judge
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Glory wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Well if by quality you mean top players from top teams, then ofc he is a reason. I hate to admit it but Mourinho managed to attract the likes of Mktharian and Zlatan without CL footy not to mention Pogba (debatable as money might be a huuuuge factor there). All Solksjaer could attract from that medium to top tier is a Maguire (ofc the transfer fee is not his fault). Again we aren’t talking about shrewd signings or well scouted transfers by the term ‘quality’, but the best players. The board is incompetent, Woodward don’t know jackshit about football. But all those problems were there even before as well.

Also this time last season, board turned down Maguire for lesser money when JM asked them. Now they are willing to pay whatever to land him. Has to be OGS, that, going by his apparent hardon for Britishers.  I am not criticizing Ole, but no way giving into his actions blindly either. Want him to succeed like madly, but pointing finger solely at the club, sorry, can’t do. Him bowing down to shits like Lingard and Fraudba, agreeing to give mega deals to average Brexit scrubs, all that has left a very bad taste in the mouth, for me at least.

Mourinho might've played a part in Zlatan deciding to join you on a free transfer, for all I know. I believe you're still capable of pulling Mkhitaryan- level talent, and Pogba was offered such high wages that it's hard to imagine Mourinho had anything to do with it. I suppose one can always speculate.

Feel free to criticise Ole all you want. I may have had a higher interest in following Man United news after he became their coach, but I'm really nowhere close to the level of bias that people keep pushing onto me on here. I care very little about whether he stays or goes. That said, I struggle to rationalize how he supposedly wants to overpay for a relatively mediocre talent, like Maguire. He's a diplomatic, public speaker who will seem positive regardless of what the team looks like after the transfer window ends, and I understand that people on here think he's an absolute numpty, but he's not outright retarded. I really can't imagine he would tell Woodward to go all in for friggin' Maguire. It makes more sense to me that Woodward wants to be in complete control of transfers, and that's why he doesn't want a sporting director or director of football who could sort this crap out. I'm just glad I'm not a Woodward and Glazers era, Man United fan. Hopefully for you, Woodward's trial and error process of being a talent scout and wage manager, will one day end.

Last edited by Thimmy on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:07 pm

De Gea
W Bissaka-Maguire-Lindelöf-Shaw
Matic
Fernandes--SMS
Lingard-Rashford-Martial

Sub : Longstaff, Romero, Mctominay, Sanchez, D James, Bailly, Smalling, Phil Jones, Fred, Wilson etc

Thoughts ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Martial Rashford Lingard
Fernandes
Pogba SMS
Shaw Lindelof Maguire Bissaka
DDG
Subs: Matic, Pereira, Mctominay, Young, Smalling, Bailly, Mata, Fred, James, Dalot, Romero, Sanchez

my thoughts are that I dream of a decent RW and Rashford isn't good enough at CF..or he hasn't shown it.

Reckon this is our lineup going into the season though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:55 am

Not going to buy 2 midfielders from now and the end of the window. Woodward likes to take things sloooow. So, it could very well be just Fernandes. McTominay will fill Herrera's slot. Also a bunch of kids will get a look in this season as backup options.

I reckon something like this.

martial-rash-lingard/james
fernandes
pogba-matic
shaw-maguire-lindelof-bissaka
ddg

Backup: Romero, Smalling, Jones, McTominay, Fred, Dalot, Pereira, Mata, Lukaku, Tuanzebe, Gomes, Greenwood

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:45 am

it's a depressing frontline and we'll have huge goalscoring problems again IMO

Martial I've mostly given up on, he's not good enough at the level we want to be at. Rashford, not convinced he's ready to be the main man. Lingard...nuff said.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:54 am

Firenze wrote:it's a depressing frontline and we'll have huge goalscoring problems again IMO

Martial I've mostly given up on, he's not good enough at the level we want to be at. Rashford, not convinced he's ready to be the main man. Lingard...nuff said.

Don't understand why you're not taking Bale

are we really going to let entitled, ungrateful and thoroughly delusional Real Madrid fans spoil our perception of what is clearly a top player?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:59 am

I second hans' delusional opinion. You should definitely take Bale.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:02 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Firenze wrote:it's a depressing frontline and we'll have huge goalscoring problems again IMO

are we really going to let entitled, ungrateful and thoroughly delusional Real Madrid fans spoil our perception of what is clearly a top player?

The stars are aligning for Bayern to swoop in and save Sir Gareth from his golfing nightmare towards the end of this window after a cheeky 50M bid, IMO

FWIW, I'd take Bale for like 40-45M tbh. Nobody seems interested though.

I said before I'd absolutely take Bale, Isco + 80M for Pogba, Madrid value them as highly as we value Pogba thoughm it seems...they want to get rid of Bale but they also price almost every potential suitor out of going for him. Strange. When you factor in the fee, wages and his injury history...it just seems completely irresponsible for any club to go for him, any club he would move to, anyway.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Firenze wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

The stars are aligning for Bayern to swoop in and save Sir Gareth from his golfing nightmare towards the end of this window after a cheeky 50M bid, IMO

FWIW, I'd take Bale for like 40-45M tbh. Nobody seems interested though.

I said before I'd absolutely take Bale, Isco + 80M for Pogba, Madrid value them as highly as we value Pogba thoughm it seems...they want to get rid of Bale but they also price almost every potential suitor out of going for him. Strange. When you factor in the fee, wages and his injury history...it just seems completely irresponsible for any club to go for him, any club he would move to, anyway.

Think the problem with shifting Bale is 1) wages and 2) the type of club.

Understandably, Bale wouldn't want to take a pay cut just because Real decide to not like him all of a sudden, and he wouldn't want to go to China, or Spurs, or some other insignificant club just because Real want to push him out
He would have an idea of how his career is supposed to look like, and a valid contract at Real means he doesn't have to size down just yet. He's getting paid like 30 million €, too.
Galactico wages, because, well, he is a Galactico.

So if Real agree to subsidize half of his wages and loan him out to us for a couple of seasons, maybe with like a 25m € option to buy, I'd gladly take him as I reckon we would be the only club with the stature to satisfy him, though he would probably go to Utd if they throw money at him though
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:13 pm

Ole Gunnar 3 months ago.

I'm going to be successful here and there are players there that won't be part of that successful team, but there are many of them that do have it."

Ole Gunnar today

I believe in these players. I’m sure that we could do well. But it’s both short term and long term, so when we’re working on something, that means we’ve identified something that could improve us."

:facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 am

Martial
Rashford Fernandes Dybala
Pogba Matic
Shaw ? Lindelof Bissaka
DDG

IDK if we're signing Maguire, that's a lot of money and both seem not willing to budge and we're leaving it late

convinced this is our lineup in a few weeks though, thoughts?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:38 am

My thought is the further you push Dybala out wide, the worse he’ll be for you

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:24 am

Not getting sucked into this but if we somehow pull this off, Dybala will play the same role as Firmino is playing for Pool. Ole used Lingard in that role of a couple of times last season (Tottenham game for one), and I believe that’s the system he would want to employ in the long run.

Martial-Dybala- Rashford
Pogba- Matic/McT- Fernandes
Shaw-McG-Lindi-Bissaka
ddg

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:02 am

Still worried that any hypothetical lineup for next season I put together - our midfield is gonna get bypassed so much. Matic offers 0 safety now, already spoken about him countless times but he's genuinely useless.

Mctominay looks like he could be the eventual answer to the problem with his recent showings but still not to be relied on. Pogba, Martial, Rashford etc, all lazy numpties. Heard Dybala is similar but has his moments.

Honestly the more I think about it, the more we really ought to be getting Fernandes or SMS or someone in and playing the lineup Glory posted above but I don't think we'll get either of those two now. Guess that's why we wanted Maguire so much, need absolute tanks at the back and just want to outscore and counter against opposition.

Concerned, but more optimistic going into this season than last under Mou. (Even coming off a second place finish)

I won't go full numpty mode with my usual bravado - goal should be top 4 this season, we'll be way off the pace again compared to City, Pool and IMO Spurs too (unless Ndombele etc turn out to be complete frauds, which is possible)

We're fortunate that both Arsenal and Chelsea don't seem to be in good spots too. Unlikely we win the EL unless we get a bunch of scrubs again.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:55 am

The frustrating thing in this whole midfield neglect is the fact that unlike in attack and defense, we dont have any prospects waiting either to possibly stake claim to these spots . If that was the case, if a Tuanzebe or a Greenwood level talent was waiting, then it would have made sense, them not address it. Now after Pogba and McT, the options we got are Pereira, Fred and Matic. Laughing Sure 18 year old Garner is there, but he is at least a couple of seasons away from first team football. Have no idea hence why this attitude.
So, ya we will pretty much be fked once Pogba picks up an injury in October.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Glory wrote:The frustrating thing in this whole midfield neglect is the fact that unlike in attack and defense, we dont have any prospects waiting either to possibly stake claim to these spots . If that was the case, if a Tuanzebe or a Greenwood level talent was waiting, then it would have made sense, them not address it. Now after Pogba and McT, the options we got are Pereira, Fred and Matic. Laughing Sure 18 year old Garner is there, but he is at least a couple of seasons away from first team football. Have no idea hence why this attitude.
So, ya we will pretty much be fked once Pogba picks up an injury in October.

Midfield is where things will likely still happen though.
Pogba will be sold to Real, then you will get Longstaff and an AM to replace Pogba, either Coutinho or Fernandes.

So then the midfield will be
Longstaff/Fred Matic/McTominay
Coutinho/Mata

no excuses

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:38 pm

stop trolling

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:48 pm

@Hans Woodward needs at least a month to decide on whether to decide to bid for a player. So no way in the short amount of time left, he is going to pull off Longstaff, especially when Newcastle has basically told him to f off with their 50 mil evaluation.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:30 am

If Ole is willing to put his trust in youth, he may not need immediate new additions. This kid for instance could solve our no. 10 problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RnqsVvE7I0
Arguably been the best performer in the preseason despite the very few chances he got.
But I am pretty sure Lingard and Mata will be ahead of him sadly.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:37 am

He's looked good but it's just too risky to place your eggs in that kinda basket when your team is as shit as ours, all good for teams like City that can give them playing time and still beat most teams in the league easily but we have to fight tooth and nail for every point. Sad reality. But if we do go into the season with no more additions, would much rather see him getting minutes than Mata etc.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next