Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

+17
Vibe
Salladhor Saan
Unique
DavidVilla92
Lucifer
Adit
Kick
Firenze
Dutti
Great Leader Sprucenuce
jibers
B-Mac
vizkosity
Glory
Busby Babe
RED
Vlad the Impaler
21 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) Empty Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:26 pm

With less than a month before the opening matchday of the new EPL season, I believe this thread had to be opened.

Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) Chr_hy10
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) Empty Re: Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Ok, I will break the ice.

For the first EPL, I'd like to see this line-up:

---------------------De Gea-----------------

Darmian-----Smalling-----Rojo------Shaw

--------------Schweini-----Herrera--------

Di Maria-------------Mata-----------Depay

---------------------Rooney----------------

Why do I prefer this line-up at the moment?

Well, I believe in the success of the process which Van Gaal talks about and this means all players of the squad will be fit and ready to start a strong campaign.

I choose Darmian because he needs morale, he needs to prove and a first game like this, against Tottenham should make him fight like a true gladiator. Smalling because he seems to be our best CB at the moment, Rojo because I am still waiting to see that Rojo from the WC 2014, even if he won't be playing as LB, I need that attitude, that strength. Shaw needs morale too; he has to protect himself more, he has to learn a few things from the others because he didn't play so much, somehow he still has to prove.

Schweini because of his experience, a good opportunity to meet the EPL in a first gameday home match. Herrera and not Morgan because I wouldn't let the midfield with 2 new arrived players. Herrera and not Carrick because I chose Bastian and in my opinion they'll do pretty much the same job in the midfield.

Di Maria for obvious reasons, he has to prove. He played pretty well when he was fit, but as I said in another threads; he wasn't providential, he wasn't there for the team when we needed to comeback or just to destroy our opponents and close the game. Needs to build confidence.  Mata because he sees the game very well, good finisher, has enough experience to take the CAM role. Depay is like Darmian, he needs to see the EPL, looks like the perfect moment.

Rooney is pretty clear.

So we have Darmian, Bastian and Depay, new signings. I expect them to adapt to the team, make themselves like home until the game against Tottenham. In the pre-season I hope Di Maria and Rojo will get fit and meet the new arrivals. A strong pre-season with a motivational van Gaal and I think this line-up can be perfect. It is a little bit risky, sounds easier to use Jones and not Rojo, sounds safer to use Carrick not Herrera and Young for Depay. But without risks, you can't win.

If you wonder what I think about Schneiderlin, I'd say he would probably be a great substitute in this match.

What do you think about my point of view?
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) Empty Re: Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by RED Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:09 pm

DDG is certain to go, so I'll place Cillessen there. Swap Rojo with Ramos, play Bastian alongside Morgan and have Herrera in front, full license to cause havoc up front. Also have Mata in place of ADM(substitute).

Quality starting 11.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Wow, stop it. Let's make a possible line-up with players we have at the moment. If Ramos will come, than you can put him there. Same thing with De Gea. I'm not that sure that he will leave.

Herrera CAM? I dislike this. His best position is CM. He is a more attacking player, yes...but he is needed there to give the ball to the CAM.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:17 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Wow, stop it. Let's make a possible line-up with players we have at the moment. If Ramos will come, than you can put him there. Same thing with De Gea. I'm not that sure that he will leave.

Herrera CAM? I dislike this. His best position is CM. He is a more attacking player, yes...but he is needed there to give the ball to the CAM.

You should have made it clear then.

Also Herrera is a beast as a CAM too.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:55 pm

I would have Schneiderlin in too, wouldn't be surprised if he's seen as our best signing this time next year. Also, didn't LvG say he was the midfielder we needed for balance or something of the sort. I forgot the exact quotes.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:53 am

I hope you won't be disappointed by Schneiderlin. By the way, he defended like a school boy when we conceded against San Jose.

I prefer Herrera and Schweini because it's more offensive than Bastian + Morgan. Looks too defensive on the paper in my opinion.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:I hope you won't be disappointed by Schneiderlin. By the way, he defended like a school boy when we conceded against San Jose.

I prefer Herrera and Schweini because it's more offensive than Bastian + Morgan. Looks too defensive on the paper in my opinion.

Not dropping Herrera or Schweini in that midfield, it would be Schweini-Schneiderlin-Herrera. I didn't watch the match, but it's only one moment, would rather judge him on what he has done over a period of time
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Busby Babe wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:I hope you won't be disappointed by Schneiderlin. By the way, he defended like a school boy when we conceded against San Jose.

Not dropping Herrera or Schweini in that midfield, it would be Schweini-Schneiderlin-Herrera. I didn't watch the match, but it's only one moment, would rather judge him on what he has done over a period of time

I don't judge him just for this.

PS. I don't believe it is ok to play with Schweini, Schneiderlin and Herrera at the same time, I mean not for many games. We should have balanced options; if they get tired, who is going to replace them decently? Fellaini, Carrick and Blind? Laughing And we can't rely on Blind to play in midfield every time, he will have to play in defense a lot. I am pretty sure that only one more addition can solve this (a CB) so Rojo can rotate with Shaw on the left, Blind will play in the midfield as he likes.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:

I don't judge him just for this.

PS. I don't believe it is ok to play with Schweini, Schneiderlin and Herrera at the same time, I mean not for many games. We should have balanced options; if they get tired, who is going to replace them decently? Fellaini, Carrick and Blind? Laughing And we can't rely on Blind to play in midfield every time, he will have to play in defense a lot. I am pretty sure that only one more addition can solve this (a CB) so Rojo can rotate with Shaw on the left, Blind will play in the midfield as he likes.

Then you have a problem with the depth, not the starters. Anyway, that isn't bad depth at all, and if ADM stays he can become another option at CM. Also you act like it's impossible to bring in Mata just because he isn't a like for like replacement for any of them
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:38 pm

No, you didn't understand my point. Probably it's me, I don't know how to speak English correctly.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:No, you didn't understand my point. Probably it's me, I don't know how to speak English correctly.

It's alright. We'll agree to disagree, then mate.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:56 am

Two more weekends to go till we kick off. bounce
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:32 pm

LvG has a fantastic personality in my opinion. I like it!

Proud

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:46 am

Ian Ladyman ‏@Ian_Ladyman_DM  5h5 hours ago
Chris Smalling & Phil Jones will fight for one place on opening day after LVG revealed Shaw, Darmian and Blind will definitely start. #mufc

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:21 am

Hmm. well at least he didn't say valenshia shall start.

Blind-smalling might just be a decent partnership as the latter has more pace than Jones. We haven't tested that even once though once again let's thank the genius philoshofer for that.
So 99% it SHALL be calamity Phil n blind with carrick and Morgan in front of them against Harry Kane and company lol and may be even Romero in goal if somehow shit happen before that n ddg leave. In that kind of a scenario only god can help us.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:17 pm

Great news from van Gaal. He will stick to 4-3-3, at least this is what he says.

When asked which formation he will deploy in the Barclays Premier League, van Gaal replied: "More or less 4-3-3. We played that already last season, in the second half of the season, and I have said that is the system I want to use. We played in our shape [on tour] and played how we have to play. That's also where I have been very satisfied.”
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:48 am

"We have no injuries," "It's unbelievable! But it's not possible for Rojo to be match fit as he was the last player to come back.

"Schweinsteiger came also at the last moment out of his holidays so I don't think he is fit enough.We have to build the fitness he needs."

"It is not easy for David De Gea to manage his situation now," "You know that we have problems with De Gea. He shall not play, so I don't have any concerns [about him this weekend]."

Romero will probably start tomorrow. :facepalm:

Bastian and Rojo won't play but this doesn't surprise me very much.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:17 am

LVG's bluntness is annoying me. It was a welcome change from the timid Moyes at first, but now the novelty is wearing off. Keep some ish in-house and away from the press.

I don't agree with the way he aired out DDG there. Why did he have to say 'you know we have problems with De Gea'. Yes we speculatively know, but don't confirm it and alienate the player and potentially causing a divide.

Maybe I'm exaggerating but this is turning into a farce. One day to kick-off and we haven't sorted out our GK mess and there's question marks over who partners Daley Blind at CB ffs.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:26 am

You are not exaggerating, I also believe LvG is acting like he has no honor or respect for the players. What's inside the club should stay inside, especially when it comes about the intimacy of the players.

Also he failed with a lot of things and came with rebel ideas when it comes about tactics at Man United, now suddenly De Gea has problems just because Real Madrid are interested in him. Wtf?
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:30 pm

LVG said de gea isn't in the right mind to play smoking
I guess that we both have the same mind set.

Anyhow, the sooner he signs that new contract, the better
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:49 am

Official line-up vs Spurs.

Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) Cl4xys10
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:52 am

Smalling over Jones in the first XI. That made my day.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Romero in goal makes me nervous.

But, we should have more than enough to beat that Spurs team.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Still crap lineup imo.
Dont want to say this, but if we lose we should lose in such a way that all his so called 'wise' decisions (Like Blind at cb, memphis at the hole, 2 DMs ) all underperform. Sooner lvg realizes he is massively wrong in his team selection greater it is for the club going forward.
But having said that hope we will win with Darmian and Shaw excelling most.

Happy for Smalling too.

Come on United!

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next