Juventus moderately assembling an average squad?

+47
Collblanc
adun101
Casciavit
juve_gigi
jibers
Cruijf
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
futbol
Warrior
dronte
Ion Creanga
rincon
Hapless_Hans
Lucifer
dostoevsky
Firenze
FilthyLuca
Kick
Lupi
DeviAngel
McLewis
iftikhar
Lord Spencer
Robespierre
VanDeezNuts
VivaStPauli
djfawnz
Katy Perry
Kaladin
Glory
S
Andrew
Vlad the Impaler
InterMalia
zizzle
Tomwin Lannister
Magricos
Art Morte
flameas
Great Leader Sprucenuce
M99
RealGunner
Luca
farfan
McAgger
urbaNRoots
51 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Juventus moderately assembling an average squad? Empty Juventus moderately assembling an average squad?

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Players out: Vidal, Pirlo, Ogbonna, Tevez
Players in: Mandzukic, Khedira, Dybala, (presumably) Draxler

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Barzagli Chiellini Evra
Marchisio
Khedira Pogba
Draxler
Morata Mandzukic

Backline bound to decline after a last push last season, no leaders in attack, Draxler their most creative attacker, Morata/Mandzukic bang average, Dybala 6 month wonder kid, are Juve going to decline after a couple of successful seasons? Still think they can win Serie A because of a lack of competition but can see a heavy decline in Europe.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Juventus moderately assembling an average squad? Empty Re: Juventus moderately assembling an average squad?

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:56 pm

They are definitely worse off with the moves they've made. Vidal and Tevez were on another level to what they've actually purchased.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Juventus moderately assembling an average squad? Empty Re: Juventus moderately assembling an average squad?

Post by farfan Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:58 pm

no matter how much Juve fans keep telling themselves that they'll be ok because they added more " depth " , it's undeniable that the starting 11 is considerably weaker than last year's .

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:07 pm

farfan wrote:no matter how much Juve fans keep telling themselves that they'll be ok because they added more " depth " , it's undeniable that the starting 11 is considerably weaker than last year's .

Apart from Tevez, who is irreplaceable, I don't think this Juventus is much weaker

Really depends on how Dybala transitions into the side. If Morata, after one season, is ready to lead an attack. If Pogba is the player he is supposed to be.

Zaza, I think is a decent addition, quality in Italy as an option.
Rugani as a young defender is also awesome.

A left back and an attacking midfielder and this team will be interesting, to say the least.

Also, many of these mock 11s don't have Dybala starting, it'll be hard pressed to imagine Juventus spending that much money and giving him #21 to bench him, but we'll see Proud

This team was at the end of its cycle, four years of domestic domination with the culmination being a domestic double and a Champions League final appearance, that was the ceiling for that group of players.

What has happened now is a rejuvenation, some shrewd transfers and some risks, and we'll see how it pays off.

You cannot replace Vidal, Tevez and Pirlo and what they have been for the team for the past several seasons, but I do believe it was the time for change and this upcoming team is exciting

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Let's calm down with these threads guys

This should be the last one of its type
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:20 pm

Juve did not spend 30 million on Dybala to let him sit on the bench. He is Tevez's replacement for them.

Juve has everyone fooled. They are having a fantastic mercato. They replaced Tevez with a younger version of himself in Dyabala, that's a win. They got rid of that hack Llorente and bought a much better forward in Mandzukic. For depth they have the best strikers of their generation in Zaza and Berardi, can you imagine having TWO DEL PIEROS ON THE BENCH?! Best attack in Serie A, if we count entire Europe only behind MSN in Barca and Mitrovisse in Newcastle.

They have also upgraded their midfield. They sold an injury prone foul machine for near 40 million, I don't know how Marotta managed to pull that of. And that 40 million is going to Germany and world's best young CAM in Mario Gotze. It is a done dealio according to my sources in FIAT. Marotta is just waiting to drop the bombshell. They are getting Draxler too to add depth in the squad. But you are wondering who will replace Vidal? Worry not, Marotta did it again. After getting Pirlo and Pogba for free he got a CL winner, World Cup winner, La Liga winner, Bundesliga winner, Club World Cup winner, Spanish Super Cup winner, European Super Cup winner Sami Khedira for free. The same Khedira Manchester United splashed 45 million for and Madrid vehemently rejected has joined Juve for free. Bravo Marrota. Feel sorry for Real but you know no player is extending their contract when Magnifico Marro comes calling.

They already have the best defence in the world and even that is being bolstered by the addition of the new Roberto Carlos, Alex Sandro. They have a complete squad, better than last season top to bottom. Last season they almost won the treble with a vastly inferior squad, this season they are winning it quite comfortably. Beware Europe. Forza Juve.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Cisse won't start M99 :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Juve are not weakend by any means. They finally might have the nr 10 also if Gotze signs. Tactically they can play 3-5-2. 4-3-1-2 or even 4-3-3 without any problems. Just feel the might need fullbacks. Evra is old and Lichtainer has never impressed me. Barzhagli is also old, but will last another season.

e-

heavy decline in Europe? Last season was Juves first decent European campaign in 10 years. Very Happy
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:49 pm

They are making signings probably no one else can in Serie A, that is good enough, how it should be in their current, dominant position. Whether that is enough to do well in Europe is another matter, but it's always the domestic competition you should worry about first and in that regard Juve are doing the right thing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Please don't compare Zaza to Del Piero different class altogether but Juventus are having a good transfer market though I don't know why people are so worried. They might take a little time to gel but Juve will be fine. Dybala is quality Pogba and Morata are still improving.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Is it 'considerably weaker'?

Tevez? Big loss. But our attack as a whole is better. Morata missed a pre-season and Llorente is shit for us, so bar Tevez and Morata when he eventually got used to life in Italy, we had nothing.

Vidal, we technically missed him last season. He was garbage compared to our other mids. Pirlo was a liability and Marchisio does his job twice as good.

We'll be weaker if we don't bring in a top class playmaker, but if we get a new left back and somebody like Gotze we'll be good to go

Oh and our average age has plummeted and one of the highest rated young CBs around in Rugani has come back to the club after a loan spell.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Magricos wrote:Please don't compare Zaza to Del Piero different class altogether.

M150 was being sarcastic.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:25 pm

I know especially with the Khedira part but the sacarsm was kind of ridiculous.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:26 pm

It's because he's trying to reverse jinx lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:47 pm

Pirlo wont be missed, he was on his last legs last season, almost cost juvi the home game against Madrid. In theory Juvi should be better playing Marchisio in the pirlo role and Khedira filling the gap, but whether it will work out or not remains to be seen.

Up front Juvi lost Tevez and Vidal, who played behind the strikers last season. Tevez is a huge loss and a difference maker cannot be replaced with depth, lets not fool our selves. That said Madzokic and Dyabala are good signings, and if Dyabala lives up to his hype then it could work out. Risky business

Vidal didnt bring a lot of creativity on top of the diamond but he made up for it with work rate. Gotze will not be signed, lets be realistic, it's gonna be Draxler, an injury prone potential signing. Overall Juvi replaced a proven WC work horse with an unproven kid who's more suitable for the role. Again, big risk

On paper Juvi are a little weaker, but they are not as weak as some people want us to believe. They are taking risk on Dyabala and Draxler, but if they moves pay off Juvi will be a better team overall.

Either way its more exciting to be a juvi fan this season, its the begining of a new cycle and the fans have a lot to look forward to
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:49 pm

zizzle wrote:Pirlo wont be missed, he was on his last legs last season, almost cost juvi the home game against Madrid. In theory Juvi should be better playing Marchisio in the pirlo role and Khedira filling the gap, but whether it will work out or not remains to be seen.

Up front Juvi lost Tevez and Vidal, who played behind the strikers last season. Tevez is a huge loss and a difference maker cannot be replaced with depth, lets not fool our selves. That said Madzokic and Dyabala are good signings, and if Dyabala lives up to his hype then it could work out. Risky business

Vidal didnt bring a lot of creativity on top of the diamond but he made up for it with work rate. Gotze will not be signed, lets be realistic, it's gonna be Draxler, an injury prone potential signing. Overall Juvi replaced a proven WC work horse with an unproven kid who's more suitable for the role. Again, big risk

On paper Juvi are a little weaker, but they are not as weak as some people want us to believe. They are taking risk on Dyabala and Draxler, but if they moves pay off Juvi will be a better team overall.

Either way its more exciting to be a juvi fan this season, its the begining of a new cycle and the fans have a lot to look forward to

Pretty much this.

Juventus are still clear favourites for Scudetto. But now this team is far more in the form of Allegri and that makes it more exciting for Juve fans.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:50 pm

Juve is doing everything right after a four year period of total domination in the league that culminated in an almost treble last season. This is how you rebuild a winning team to prolong it's success. Of course there are risks but the other route to go is the Inter way and hold on to your players and watch them get embarrassed in the league and in europe.

The team they are building looks scarier than the one from last season. If they could get Goatze instead of JD I'd have them set for a CL semi.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:Let's calm down with these threads guys

This should be the last one of its type

But why RG?

Seriously now, except the Newcastle thread (partially), if you read carefully you can see many legit debates about what's going on with the clubs and their future.

People are talking about possible line-ups, possible transfers, progression of players and tactics.

Many would recommend creating specific threads, but if this is the way that Goal Legacy users prefer, let them express themselves.

I think it is one of the best things which happened to this forum in the past days. This is my opinion, now thinking again what do you say? Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:15 pm

It's a bit over the top tbh. Juventus one is interesting enough so has merit but some of the others including the Newcastle one which will haunt me to my grave tbh, are unnecessary and purely there for bantz.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's a bit over the top tbh. Juventus one is interesting enough so has merit but some of the others including the Newcastle one which will haunt me to my grave tbh, are unnecessary and purely there for bantz.

As I said, Newcastle thread is useless (wrote a post about this in that thread).

People don't have to be "afraid" or not allowed to create more threads like this just because that one was useless. If a thread goes wrong, just close it, that's the job staff has to do.

Observation: I'm not complaining, just saying what I think it's best for the forum. Obviously, you do however you want. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:20 pm

Nah i agree mate, was just making an observation.

It's obvious when someone is making a thread to join in on a thing or genuinely wants to discuss something anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nah i agree mate, was just making an observation.

It's obvious when someone is making a thread to join in on a thing or genuinely wants to discuss something anyway.

I know, still waiting for RG. Hope he won't warn me for useless posts Laughing (off-topic). :coffee:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Neto
Caceres Barzagli Rugani Evra
Pereyra Sturaro Asamoah
Dybala Zaza Coman

would still finish top 4 imo.

would definitely get relegated in the EPL though.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's because he's trying to reverse jinx lol.

ffs I will not stand by and let this slander of character happen. My post was 100% sincere, how could any of you doubt it ffs. I will see you on court mole.

Being serious, zizzle pretty much summed it up but I think people are brushing of Vidal being replaced by Khedira too easily. There is a huge disparity in quality between those two. I can see Khedira starting hurting them against big teams in CL at least. As for the others, Juve are clearly taking risks. If Dybala and Draxler live up to their potential they suddenly have an even better team that is set to dominate for years to come. If they don't then...worst case scenario they actually have to fight to win Serie A while disappointing in CL and attempt to properly strengthen with proven players on next year's market.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:38 pm

What if Sturaro turns out to be the actual Vidal replacement.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next