Juventus moderately assembling an average squad?

+47
Collblanc
adun101
Casciavit
juve_gigi
jibers
Cruijf
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
futbol
Warrior
dronte
Ion Creanga
rincon
Hapless_Hans
Lucifer
dostoevsky
Firenze
FilthyLuca
Kick
Lupi
DeviAngel
McLewis
iftikhar
Lord Spencer
Robespierre
VanDeezNuts
VivaStPauli
djfawnz
Katy Perry
Kaladin
Glory
S
Andrew
Vlad the Impaler
InterMalia
zizzle
Tomwin Lannister
Magricos
Art Morte
flameas
Great Leader Sprucenuce
M99
RealGunner
Luca
farfan
McAgger
urbaNRoots
51 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Juventus moderately assembling an average squad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Juventus moderately assembling an average squad?

Post by Andrew Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:38 am

What if Sturaro turns out to be the actual Vidal replacement.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Juventus moderately assembling an average squad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Juventus moderately assembling an average squad?

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:45 am

That "if" is bigger than any other "if" for Juventus at the moment, if you know what I mean. :coffee:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:49 am

Spoiler:

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:44 am

It's an end of a cycle.This had to be done.

Doesn't matter if we are weaker than last yr but this squad has been built having a clear long term vision in mind.

We'll have almost 10 players in the squad born after '91.A rejuvenation was badly needed.

This will ofcourse be a transitional season.Even in transition, we are perfectly capable of winning the league again and maybe reaching the quarters of the CL.

Pogba, Morata, Rugani, Dybala, Sturaro, potentially Draxler, that's a very fine core of highly talented young players to me.Now if we could somehow keep them for a few more years, it would be wonderful.

I have full faith in the management.They are absolutely dead sure of what they're doing.

Inter fans in this thread know what they're talking about.Because I remember they were in the same situation 5 yrs ago and they made the mistake of keeping their older players instead of rejuvenating the squad which is why they are in the position they are today.I'm glad we aren't doing the same mistake.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:55 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's a bit over the top tbh. Juventus one is interesting enough so has merit but some of the others including the Newcastle one which will haunt me to my grave tbh, are unnecessary and purely there for bantz.

As I said, Newcastle thread is useless (wrote a post about this in that thread).

People don't have to be "afraid" or not allowed to create more threads like this just because that one was useless. If a thread goes wrong, just close it, that's the job staff has to do.

Observation: I'm not complaining, just saying what I think it's best for the forum. Obviously, you do however you want. Smile

City one is the worse.  
But then that's Gil doing what he does best. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:13 am

They secured the next 3 league titles lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:15 am

Juventus are going to be fine, really. They're still going to stomp the league and they're still a serious candidate to go far in the CL especially if they have the easiest match-ups in the last 16 and quarter finals like in 14/15 CL.

I mean, yea, they lost 3 very iconic players in Vidal Pirlo and Tevez but Pirlo was clearly past his best and Juve was playing better without him anyway. And Vidal, I mean, Allegri was so keen in playing him in the AM position where he was uncomfortable and not nearly as good as when playing CM or as good as the other actual AMs being linked to replace him. Tevez, yea, he is going to be the one missed the most, but he is already past 30 years old, if he wasn't sold this summer he would have been replaced in 1 or 2 seasons anyway.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:50 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Players out: Vidal, Pirlo, Ogbonna, Tevez
Players in: Mandzukic, Khedira, Dybala, (presumably) Draxler

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Barzagli Chiellini Evra
Marchisio
Khedira Pogba
Draxler
Morata Mandzukic

Backline bound to decline after a last push last season, no leaders in attack, Draxler their most creative attacker, Morata/Mandzukic bang average, Dybala 6 month wonder kid, are Juve going to decline after a couple of successful seasons? Still think they can win Serie A because of a lack of competition but can see a heavy decline in Europe.

Just looked at this post more closely and it has Barzagli as starter :facepalm: ffs do people forget how good a season Bonucci had last yr?
There's Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli and Rugani who again is coming off a great season for Empoli.Why do you think Arsenal were pushing to sign him ? We are well covered in the CB area
We are in the market for a LB.So the only worry for now is Licht but I think we can cope with him for another yr.
And why look at only the starting lineup ? We have players on the bench who are ready to takeover and establish themselves as starters in the near future.
Asamoah, Rugani, Sturaro, Pereyra, Dybala, Zaza,(Siquera potentially),that's really good depth.Obviously not all are going to make the cut in the starting lineup but our deep squad ensures enough tank in the squad to win another league title atleast.
And please stop making it sound like losing Vidal as if he's Zidane or something.I say players like him can be replaced easily, much easier than losing Tevez who no doubt is our biggest loss.
We may not close down easy games as efficiently as we did with Tevez.
There are obviously some risks being taken, but if it clicks, this will be a better team than we had over previous seasons.I'll let time decide that.
Juventus' stable environment and a hunger to win means I give it a good chance of that happening.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:18 am

It is very funny to me seeing people who dont watch Serie A or Juventus, talk about Juventus.

As if Juve paid almost 40m for a bench player.....Looooooool. #OhLord.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Goal.com this morning: "Juve agrees terms with Draxler!"
Draxlers agent like 15 minutes later: "Goal.com are lying";
though they are negotiating and Draxler is reportedly pleased.
(Sauce: Spiegel Online (German) http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/franco-di-santo-schalke-04-will-werder-bremens-torjaeger-a-1045318.html )
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:13 pm

What do you think of this move Viva ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Not sure, to be honest. Could be good if all sides involved know what they're getting in to.

Draxler is very promising, but I'm afraid that the international scene thinks he's a creative player because he came up in the same style as for example Götze, but he's more of a direct player, and acts more as a second striker of played centrally and has done his best work over the left wing.

He's pretty quick and has good technique, so I can see him being an asset, but if they think he'll be a creative outlet, they'll be disappointed. Also, if Draxler doesn't start most matches, he'll probably end up regretting the move. Schalke on the other hand will probably have resigned to the idea that they'll lose Draxler soon anyway and will look for a pay day, that being said, they can probably replace him with the host of promising youngsters they've signed, or brought up in the academy.

My take is that it's risky. Juve might be disappointed because Draxler is more of a direct winger looking to score, and not a creative player, and might be injury prone (though that's hard to tell, his injury spells have mostly been related to the same one injury, so maybe he stays healthy for years once that's properly healed), while Schalke might regret losing a player that's only 21 years old and might conceivably stay with the club for over 10 years, especially considering they got a ton of talent in that age bracket, with the likes of Sane, Goretzka, Meyer etc - so...
I just don't know.

It's a risky move for all involved, imho, but if it pays off it's excellent. Draxler will probably only come if he's convinced he fits the coaches plans. And if he really does, and the Juve scouts have done their home work, it could work out fine. Schalke will certainly be happy if they get anything close to 30m, which I doubt.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:40 pm

I do not think we really see him as a playmaker.I read a report on Sky that we prefer Draxler over Gotze because tactically we were not 'convinced' of Gotze apart from other reasons obviously(money being the main issue Laughing)
Means we might alternate between a 4-3-3 and a 4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1.Juventus are known to go after the kind of players that can fit different modules.

Regarding his style of play,i think he will suit Allegri fine.From what i've seen from our games especially in the CL,i think Allegri wants to build a side that can be lethal on counters.Dybala signing proves exactly that.
And we definitely were/are far more direct under Allegri than we were under Conte.

Either ways,exciting times ahead.Cant wait to see this new look side.

Looks like Draxler and Siquiera will be coming in to complete the squad and this confirms Asamoah will move back to the midfield position which literally would be like a new signing.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:22 pm

Despite some of the mainstays of previous seasons leaving, they definitely brought in quality.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:04 pm

Everything rotates around  the CAM , it will decree if Juve is really weakened or how much it has done. It becomes fundamental after Tevez and Vidal's departures , the key , must of judgement about Juve's mercato depends on it.

Atm they're quite weakened though they're still the favorite team for the scudetto title ( and it is not a contraddiction , because they didn't win simply the scudetto, they walked for it )
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:52 am

German news (Kicker, Spiegel, Spox) saying Juve are now offering a whopping 15m plus a possible 9m bonuses for Draxler.
Schalke will never sell for anything less than 25m imho, if the bonuses seem like they're likely to be paid, this might happen, but I very much doubt it.

Juve should look elsewhere. Schalke won't sell for cheap, and Draxler is a gamble. He's a nice direct and threatening midfielder, but he's also injury prone and not very creative.

Schalke shouldn't sell as well. If Draxler has like one third of a good season after he regains fitness, they can sell him for like 50m to some EPL scrub club.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Juve aren't doing much in the market right now.

With Vidal, Tevez, and Pirlo gone, they have lost much of the reason they were so strong for 4 years. All three have actually been declining, but you still got clutch performance out of them. Also, all three were very marketable players (unlike Marchisio who wouldn't be marketable even if he won the Golden Ball).

If things stay the same, it would legitimately surprise me if they do well in the CL (still going to win Serie Z though).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Alex Sandro signed Proud A young top level LB with great offensive and defensive qualities after so many yrs Proud

But don't think Draxler is coming tho.Seems like we've given up on him.

Tarek Khatib ‏@ADP1113Marotta "The (transfer) budget after Alex Sandro? It's not a problem if the investment is for the future."

Tarek Khatib ‏@ADP1113Marotta on the trequartista "We want an important player, it's not easy to find."

Hope we find a decent one.Doesn't necessarily have to be top level.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:48 pm

Have you lost any key player so far???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:55 pm

Excellent acquisition from Juve. We were linked with him at the beginning of the summer, but we dragged our feet far too long for Porto's liking.

Tevez and Pirlo were still key players for Juve, Ifti so they count.

Juve have done well to replace them though so the impact won't be at all damaging to them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:58 pm

McLewis wrote:Excellent acquisition from Juve. We were linked with him at the beginning of the summer, but we dragged our feet far too long for Porto's liking.

Juve have done well to replace them though so the impact won't be at all damaging to them.

Vidal as well, i don't think his loss is being brought up as much as it should be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:51 pm

Yup, you're right certainly right, Mole.

I think it's the fact that Vidal simply didn't have a good final season with Juve, but then again neither did Pirlo either. Pogba overshadowed both of them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
McLewis wrote:Excellent acquisition from Juve. We were linked with him at the beginning of the summer, but we dragged our feet far too long for Porto's liking.

Vidal as well, i don't think his loss is being brought up as much as it should be.

It's not because last season we copped really well without him, his loss wasn't felt in our game or on the field. He was shadow of himself last season.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:21 pm

As I said everything rotates around the CAM.
And Marotta exactly today says Juve is going to sign a great CAM . We'll see who.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:22 pm

For me Vidal was ruined from Allegri.
Played as CAM when he is a GOAT mezz ala. I think he is going to performing again greatly in Munchen.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:23 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

It's not because last season we copped really well without him, his loss wasn't felt in our game or on the field. He was shadow of himself last season.

Yeah but playing well without a player because he's off form or what ever is totally different to when he actually leaves the football club.

We'll see but i think you might miss him more than you think.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next