The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:35 pm

Also, I've seen people complain Giroud's new wage would be similar to Ozil's and Alexis' but when we renew their contracts they'll get wages close to £200k p/w, so it's not like we'd be breaking our hierarchy.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 15146
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:44 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Who cares really, most PL clubs are bottomless pits and yours is no different.

It's only going to get bigger with the hike in TV money getting even more ridiculous next year.


:facepalm:

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:45 pm

Why you facepalm lol?

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 55943
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:47 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@MJ wrote:Can't believe Buyern are selling Muller, Gotze and Lewandowski in one window. #noambition


Agent Pep :facepalm:


Who cares really, most PL clubs are bottomless pits

It's only going to get bigger with the hike in TV money getting even more ridiculous next year.

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:48 pm

@S wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@MJ wrote:Can't believe Buyern are selling Muller, Gotze and Lewandowski in one window. #noambition


Agent Pep :facepalm:


Who cares really, most PL clubs are bottomless pits

It's only going to get bigger with the hike in TV money getting even more ridiculous next year.


That's true. Finally someone saying it.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 18979
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by T-Mach on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:49 pm

What I actually meant was that the pay rise should be directly proportional to the performances on the pitch,imo.

I know 20K pw is a mere pittance but doesn't it translate to situation that any can player hold us for ransom?

Ofcourse,if there's situation whereby he says he's gonna leave unless he gets 130K pw,we've to give in.

I'm not underrating Theo,now that he's become our longest serving player,I only felt that the pay rise should be justified by performances and performances alone.
avatar
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 141
Join date : 2015-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:50 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why you facepalm lol?


Most PL clubs are bottomless pits rofl

Mole pls.This is not NBA ffs

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Well they are tbh lol.

The fact Stoke were offering 100k+ for Shaqiri says it all lol.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 55943
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:55 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well they are tbh lol.

The fact Stoke were offering 100k+ for Shaqiri says it all lol.


That doesnt suggest anything.You were clearly exaggerating.

Its fair to call Man United and City a bottomless pit but including Stoke in the discussion because they are offering big wages to a flop like Shaqiri ?

What next ? Newcastle offering 300K for Pogba ?

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:59 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@S wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:

Agent Pep :facepalm:


Who cares really, most PL clubs are bottomless pits

It's only going to get bigger with the hike in TV money getting even more ridiculous next year.


That's true. Finally someone saying it.

Be scared.Man U gonna raid Bayern and Arsenal gonna raid Juventus next year.

Serious btw.

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Meh. We got GOAT youngsters like Koman and Dybala coming through. We're just getting started.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 18979
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Nah, we aren't a super spending club. At best we will spend high on one player per season.

And most of Juve's WC players are out of our range.

We'll do what has worked for us so far. Wait and MonitorTransferWindow.png for Top quality players Madrid/Bayern/Barca are selling.

At this point there aren't many players who are better than the likes of Koscielny, Ozil, Sanchez, Wilshere etc
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 72623
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:02 pm

I know 20K pw is a mere pittance but doesn't it translate to situation that any can player hold us for ransom?

Not really. A minor increase is hardly a ransom. If he were asking for silly money then you could argue giving him an increase wouldn't be justified, but in this instance we'd just be giving a player a pretty standard raise.

avatar
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 15146
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:03 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:Meh. We got GOAT youngsters like Koman and Dybala coming through. We're just getting started.


But what we do if bottomless pits like Stoke and Norwich offer 200K a week for them hmm

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:03 pm

@S wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well they are tbh lol.

The fact Stoke were offering 100k+ for Shaqiri says it all lol.


That doesnt suggest anything.You were clearly exaggerating.

Its fair to call Man United and City a bottomless pit but including Stoke in the discussion because they are offering big wages to a flop like Shaqiri ?

What next ? Newcastle offering 300K for Pogba ?


We could do lol, not even joking. But i'd reject us straight up so what's the point.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 55943
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:07 pm

@S wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:Meh. We got GOAT youngsters like Koman and Dybala coming through. We're just getting started.


But what we do if bottomless pits like Stoke and Norwich offer 200K a week for them hmm


We're laughing, but let's remember what Unai Emery said:

“In the summer we wanted Gaston Ramírez, but he went to Hull City,” Emery reveals. “We can’t compete economically with Hull City. We pay less, but we compete more. It’s hard to explain that. Ramírez didn’t even reply, he ignored my calls. We had won the Europa League but he didn’t pick up the phone. I don’t know if he is playing, but now we’re in another final. Our fans love this competition.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/sevilla-manager-europa-league-final-unai-emery

Good players will waste their career at some shit PL club because of money.
But who cares really. English football isn't going to get better because of money.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 18979
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:08 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@S wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well they are tbh lol.

The fact Stoke were offering 100k+ for Shaqiri says it all lol.


That doesnt suggest anything.You were clearly exaggerating.

Its fair to call Man United and City a bottomless pit but including Stoke in the discussion because they are offering big wages to a flop like Shaqiri ?

What next ? Newcastle offering 300K for Pogba ?


We could do lol, not even joking. But i'd reject us straight up so what's the point.


So could Juventus.Having a rich owner/more money doesnt mean teams will go full retard on the market.

There are four maybe five clubs with super finances if you factor in next yr's TV deal.The current Top 4 and Liverpool,then come the rest.

Mole pls.Its not like other leagues are going to sit quiet.Its an uphill battle but i see big bids being rejected next year atleast by the big clubs.

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Never denied otherwise, just saying that paying 120k is nothing to the entire league so why should it be to Arsenal.... i might have exaggerated it along the way but still lol.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 55943
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:20 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@S wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:Meh. We got GOAT youngsters like Koman and Dybala coming through. We're just getting started.


But what we do if bottomless pits like Stoke and Norwich offer 200K a week for them hmm


We're laughing, but let's remember what Unai Emery said:

“In the summer we wanted Gaston Ramírez, but he went to Hull City,” Emery reveals. “We can’t compete economically with Hull City. We pay less, but we compete more. It’s hard to explain that. Ramírez didn’t even reply, he ignored my calls. We had won the Europa League but he didn’t pick up the phone. I don’t know if he is playing, but now we’re in another final. Our fans love this competition.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/sevilla-manager-europa-league-final-unai-emery

Good players will waste their career at some shit PL club because of money.
But who cares really. English football isn't going to get better because of money.


Actually,i think its one of the reasons for their shit performances in Europe.Tougher competition in the league.

Wont be surprised if UEFA intervene here tbh.Today i read an article where Lyon a CL team with a new stadium lost Jordan Amavi to Villa :facepalm:
Its ridiculous really.

Despite securing direct qualification for the Champions League, tying down most of their best young stars to new deals and getting ready to move into a stunning new stadium, Olympique Lyonnais are still enduring frustration in getting their transfer targets over the line.

"We have means, but the English market is blocking a lot of things," says coach Hubert Fournier.

He had a potential deal on his mind, which had gone up in smoke. 21-year-old defender Jordan Amavi, whose move from Nice to Aston Villa was officially confirmed Monday, was a principal target for Lyon. He wanted to go there, too, which was why he rejected Villa's initial approach.

Yet the Birmingham side just blew Lyon out of the water with money and agreed a deal for a basic fee of €13 million. The Ligue 1 runners-up had been prepared to pay barely half that and, having initially counted on keeping their man, Nice couldn't believe their luck.

Inb4 mole.nb4 i'm butthurt.

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:21 pm

He went to Villa lol.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 55943
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:22 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He went to Villa lol.


Doesnt make it any better tho Laughing

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:23 pm

He did say on his first day i'm only here as a stepping stone to a big club though Laughing

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 55943
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:28 pm

The 'the PL competition is so tough we struggle in Europe' is an argument PL supporters like to use.

Doesn't explain why Arsenal struggles against a Dortmund fighting to stay in the upper half of the BuLi table.
Unless you claim Dortmund had less tough league competition although they were on a relegation spot in midseason Laughing

Doesn't explain why Chelsea go out to PSG, while walking the PL and having a week rest, while PSG weren't even leading in Ligue 1.

The answer is, they're overestimating themselves, disregarding team building in favour of player buying, they're not taking EL seriously, and their open end to end football is tactically vulnerable.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 18979
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:31 pm

Arsenal linked with Cavani - Great Leader Transfernuce

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 55943
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Why the f**k is our transfer thread become a PL-bashing thread?

We have only had one transfer, agreed. But that doesn't imply that our transfer thread is the place to discuss scum like Mordor. gtfo
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13523
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:15 pm

I tried to get it back on track with highly sourced reports of Cavani tbf hmm

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 55943
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum