Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet?

+17
ExtremistEnigma
free_cat
windkick
Hapless_Hans
Glory
El Gunner
Lex
jibers
futbol
VendettaRed07
Myesyats
RED
Art Morte
RealGunner
Robespierre
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet?

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:47 am

Lex wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Lex wrote:So you have no idea what it means. Gotcha.

I keep using that word, and I think it means what I think it means.

Will you deny that Arsene Wenger's Arsenal bottles it a lot, starting the seasons well and then bottling it midway many times? There even was a graph about it.
:facepalm:

Bottling means you come close, oh so close, but ultimately lose and go home with nothing, not even a stack of lousy Encyclopedias. That hasn't been the case for Arsene in the last two seasons

Ok, then, change bottlers for losers, it's fine to me.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet?

Post by Sri Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:50 am

Bottling and fighting with one arm tied behind your back are vastly different things.

Either of them could result in losing.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:11 am

I can show you posts from March 2013 where people call Bayern eternal bottlers, sri.
Apparently some people's brains can only render reality as tautology, 'who has won is a winner, and that's why they have won'...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:34 pm

I personally called them choke artists for blowing a UCL in their own back yard against a team (vastly) inferior to them. To be fair, other than Hans who is pretty neat, I don't like Bayern all that much so I am quite bias, probably unfairly too.

Anyway, I put some thought on it and maybe, just maybe Arsenal can be a serious title threat later on in the season but history tells me I'm just wasting words on this. Tottenham to finish 7th btw, calling it now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Out of interest who do you have finishing 6th Doc hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Out of interest who do you have finishing 6th Doc hmm

No idea honestly and believe me Mole, my prediction isn't some sophisticated Redo-esque analysis of transfers and potential form. Just feel they won't do as "well" as last season. Maybe 7th was ridiculous, 6th is probably better.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:44 pm

I think it's possible tbf, the difference between them and the likes of Southampton isn't that large tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum