Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by MJ on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:44 pm

We looked instantly better with Giroud up front in the community shield even if he didn't score and wasted chances to do so.

The fact is that we're a more balances side with him up front as he is an actual CF even if he's not world class or of the standard we want. So regardless of whether Walcott can play there or not, we just don't tick the same way or look as fluid with him up front and yes, partly because Giroud is an effective fulcrum to ping passes off of.

Now, it wouldn't be a bad idea to play Giroud and Walcott together but that's a different story and I don't think anyone wants to see us move to an even narrower and more restrictive formation just to integrate the two.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 8106
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by T-Mach on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:52 pm

srigooner wrote:This was not a one-off. We have done this way too often.


I said one-off coz we had dominated using the same formation and tactics vs a decent team like Lyon in the Emirates Cup with almost similar personnel.Had there not been blunders at the back,we wouldn't be probably talking tactics now.

That's why I was saying let's consider this to be one-off and wait for a few more games.

Guess a lot will change with Alexis entering the fray.

srigooner wrote:
srigooner wrote:
@T-Mach wrote:

EDIT:On a totally unrelated note,I realized I was one of the top posters for this week.That's how you stat-pad. :coffee:


Week's only just started m(12*2/3). Don't see you on the list no more :coffee:


Ok now you're back on it hmm

GL doing weird things hmm


That's Machism.

Dat Maureen attitude of Sri,looking down at others from the top.

BTW,I found Urbanroots to be arguing throughout this thread and his name is nowhere in the list.
hmm
avatar
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 141
Join date : 2015-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Raptorgunner on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:52 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
For me Giroud as our first choice striker is really unacceptable unless we are playing bottom half teams.
.

He is only good against bottom half teams when he comes off the bench.

I laugh when people bring up hold/up play, Its a joke. rofl

_________________
avatar
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17969
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Sri on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:04 pm

@T-Mach wrote:
srigooner wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Week's only just started m(12*2/3). Don't see you on the list no more :coffee:


Ok now you're back on it hmm

GL doing weird things hmm


That's Machism.

Dat Maureen attitude of Sri,looking down at others from the top.



You likened me to him ?????

Sad
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Rot-Weiß Oberhausen
Posts : 13660
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by El Gunner on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:14 pm

srigooner wrote:
srigooner wrote:
@T-Mach wrote:

EDIT:On a totally unrelated note,I realized I was one of the top posters for this week.That's how you stat-pad. :coffee:


Week's only just started m(12*2/3). Don't see you on the list no more :coffee:


Ok now you're back on it hmm

GL doing weird things hmm

lol that list has always been dodgy.
Shows two different readings throughout the week.

_________________


_______________________________
@Freeza wrote:...so let the aunt have fun with her nephew.
avatar
El Gunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 11274
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Sri on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:21 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Week's only just started m(12*2/3). Don't see you on the list no more :coffee:


Ok now you're back on it hmm

GL doing weird things hmm

lol that list has always been dodgy.
Shows two different readings throughout the week.



It's supposed to update through the week though. So technically, it would show more than two different 'readings' through the week hmm

We should get FPL points for this. RG, are you on it?
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Rot-Weiß Oberhausen
Posts : 13660
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:31 pm

@MJ wrote:We looked instantly better with Giroud up front in the community shield even if he didn't score and wasted chances to do so.

The fact is that we're a more balances side with him up front as he is an actual CF even if he's not world class or of the standard we want. So regardless of whether Walcott can play there or not, we just don't tick the same way or look as fluid with him up front and yes, partly because Giroud is an effective fulcrum to ping passes off of.

Now, it wouldn't be a bad idea to play Giroud and Walcott together but that's a different story and I don't think anyone wants to see us move to an even narrower and more restrictive formation just to integrate the two.


Meh each to their own, but all I have to say is that whenever Walcott plays upfront I see what we are missing there, all our attacking midfielders play with a lot of freedom and are not afraid to play a ball through afraid of losing possession when they pass to Theo as opposed to Giroud.

Brb watching our cup final again, that was a perfect squad and display.
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14384
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Jay29 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:52 pm

It's always troubling to see Giroud drift out wide left, try and beat a man with the ball and then swing a cross in. Not only is he the best suited in the team to get on the end of crosses, but we never have players in the box anyway. It's evidence of the attack not being properly balanced when players are doing things they're not comfortable of doing.

Anyway, I'll use this opportunity to say once again that I'd really like us to try a diamond some time because it suits the squad well. We could get Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil and Alexis all in their best positions. Width isn't a problem because that'd come from full-backs and the lateral movement of Alexis and Ozil.
avatar
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 15635
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Sina on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Idea looks nice
But i assume would require a lot of coaching
How would we defend without the ball,Do we have the discipline for it?

_________________


"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
avatar
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 7915
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:55 pm

We'd have 7 players defending in such situations without the ball, Coquelin and Ramsey/Cazorla pressing in front of him as well as the back 4. I think we'd be fine. Özil would have two runners in front of him in Alexis/Walcott and formation could change based on his movement and a very flexible front, so when Özil drifts left we have Özil - Alexis - Walcott or right Alexis - Walcott - Özil.

It's certainly worth a try since Wenger doesn't seem to have any idea on how to play with this squad.
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14384
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by El Gunner on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:57 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@MJ wrote:We looked instantly better with Giroud up front in the community shield even if he didn't score and wasted chances to do so.

The fact is that we're a more balances side with him up front as he is an actual CF even if he's not world class or of the standard we want. So regardless of whether Walcott can play there or not, we just don't tick the same way or look as fluid with him up front and yes, partly because Giroud is an effective fulcrum to ping passes off of.

Now, it wouldn't be a bad idea to play Giroud and Walcott together but that's a different story and I don't think anyone wants to see us move to an even narrower and more restrictive formation just to integrate the two.



Brb watching our cup final again, that was a perfect squad and display.

No it actually wasn't that perfect.
The performance was good but Cazorla was still out on the left and didn't have much of an influence in the game. The midfield remained compact and defended as a unit, so that was good. But that would only work against the big boys. We scored on the occasion when Theo dropped back to receive a ball, and beyond that we didn't look much threatening (excluding the second half when Chelsea pushed forward a bit more and started to look a bit lacking in match fitness).

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's always troubling to see Giroud drift out wide left, try and beat a man with the ball and then swing a cross in. Not only is he the best suited in the team to get on the end of crosses, but we never have players in the box anyway. It's evidence of the attack not being properly balanced when players are doing things they're not comfortable of doing.

Anyway, I'll use this opportunity to say once again that I'd really like us to try a diamond some time because it suits the squad well. We could get Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil and Alexis all in their best positions. Width isn't a problem because that'd come from full-backs and the lateral movement of Alexis and Ozil.

You mean something like this:

---------------Giroud---------------
-----------------Alexis----------------------
----------------------Ozil-------------------
-----Cazorla---------------------Ramsey-----
--------------------Coquelin------------------

_________________


_______________________________
@Freeza wrote:...so let the aunt have fun with her nephew.
avatar
El Gunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 11274
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:02 pm

El, I was talking about FA Cup final.

Szczesny
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Cazorla
Özil
Ramsey Walcott Alexis

That was peak Arsenal.
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14384
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:06 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:El, I was talking about FA Cup final.

Szczesny
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Cazorla
Özil
Ramsey Walcott Alexis

That was peak Arsenal.



_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 58554
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:08 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:El, I was talking about FA Cup final.

Szczesny
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Cazorla
Özil
Ramsey Walcott Alexis

That was peak Arsenal.



http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03161/Alan_Pardew_3161373b.jpg
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14384
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:10 pm

That was too far :coffee:

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 58554
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by El Gunner on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:11 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:El, I was talking about FA Cup final.

Szczesny
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Cazorla
Özil
Ramsey Walcott Alexis

That was peak Arsenal.

Embarassed

_________________


_______________________________
@Freeza wrote:...so let the aunt have fun with her nephew.
avatar
El Gunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 11274
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by MJ on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:26 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:El, I was talking about FA Cup final.

Szczesny
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Cazorla
Özil
Ramsey Walcott Alexis

That was peak Arsenal.



http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03161/Alan_Pardew_3161373b.jpg


Completely uncalled for. Reported. Eight times.

Spoiler:
Eight.

_________________
"I thought football's greatest honour was representing your country. I was wrong. It was playing for Arsenal." - Joe Mercer


avatar
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 8106
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:54 pm

It's all over now :bow:

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 58554
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Sri on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:11 am

rofl
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Rot-Weiß Oberhausen
Posts : 13660
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by RealGunner on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:39 pm

Some guy on Twitter saying Arsene almost murdered Ramsey in the dressing room lmao


Highly doubt it but won't be surprised if that happened
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 75244
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Jay29 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:45 pm

There was the moment when Ramsey took that shot instead of playing in Debuchy on the overlap (or using the numerous other passing options), and the camera cut to Wenger just slouched in his chair, shaking his head, which is about as damning from Wenger you're likely to see during a game.

So yeah, wouldn't be too surprised if Wenger had a word with him about trying to do to too much on his own.
avatar
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 15635
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by RealGunner on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:46 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMIAMS9WoAAdujX.jpg

That one

that's an 80% goal as well lol
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 75244
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Raptorgunner on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Olivier Giroud had the most shots without scoring in the opening weekend of the Premier League (5).
----------------------
Poor guy, he didn't see that coming. Very Happy

_________________
avatar
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17969
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by SamuelJayC on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Well, I'm a bit late....but what a disastrous opening weekend it was for us. I can't quite think of a poorer performance or result.

Need to respond quickly against Palace, it goes without saying.
avatar
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6396
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Sri on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:33 pm

@SamuelJayC wrote: I can't quite think of a poorer performance or result.



Oh, there are quite a few of those Thumbs up
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Rot-Weiß Oberhausen
Posts : 13660
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:38 pm

@RealGunner wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMIAMS9WoAAdujX.jpg

That one

that's an 80% goal as well lol


Versacci plays for Arsenal?

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 58554
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham [EPL 15/16]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum