Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
M99
LeVersacci
RealGunner
28 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:05 pm

I enjoyed it more than BvS

Spiderman was GOAT actually, made the movie for me, Black Panther was kinda stale and cringe most of the time

The ending was meh, without revealing too much, wish they'd have taken more risks

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Yesterday we learned that Warner Bros. and The Flash director Seth Grahame-Smith parted ways over creative differences, but according to a new report from Birth.Movies.Death there are lots more problems in the DC Extended Universe.

Sources at WB tell me that this is just one part of what’s going on behind the scenes at the DC movieverse. Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns were taken aback at critical and audience reaction to Batman v Superman, I’m told, and WB execs have found themselves at odds with Snyder over his vision for Justice League and the DC movieverse going forward. Of course Justice League was scheduled to start shooting mere days after BvS was released, which meant WB couldn’t take any definitive action – like removing Snyder or delaying the movie to make changes – without poisoning the box office for BvS. The result? Lots of fights between Snyder and the WB execs, and lots of pressure from Burbank on Snyder, who is shooting in London.

That’s not good! And there could be another director shake-up in the DCEU. Citing multiple sources, Birth.Movies.Death says that director James Wan is feeling pretty nervous about his Aquaman movie.

Now I know what you’re thinking. Birth.Movies.Death? Didn’t they report that Suicide Squad was undergoing reshoots to add more humor? Yes, and they didn’t get that one 100% right. But they were the first site to report that Suicide Squad was spending millions on reshoots, which David Ayer later confirmed was being put towards more action.

This is just a rumor, but after the negative response to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and missed box office opportunities, it’s not hard to see that there could be some tension between Warner Bros. executives and Zack Snyder — a man who they just gave another $250+ million to for Justice League. Let’s not forget… R-rated Deadpool movie made more in the US/Canada than a PG-13 Batman and Superman movie! That is insane.

I’d never waste your time with BS rumors from unreliable sources, and I don’t think I’m doing that here.

SOURCE: Birth.Movies.Death
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:26 pm

Spider-Man has finally been done right.
Overall the story was somewhat boring. But the action was great.

Overall enjoyed the new characters the most. Not a good thing when you don't enjoy the main character that much.

4/5 I'd say. That airport scene was close to GOAT, but the green screen work was shit in a lot of the shots and it bothered my so much. You could literally see them being inside a studio. Could have used with a couple more months polishing it. There was no depth in the frame.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Yesterday we learned that Warner Bros. and The Flash director Seth Grahame-Smith parted ways over creative differences, but according to a new report from Birth.Movies.Death there are lots more problems in the DC Extended Universe.

Sources at WB tell me that this is just one part of what’s going on behind the scenes at the DC movieverse. Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns were taken aback at critical and audience reaction to Batman v Superman, I’m told, and WB execs have found themselves at odds with Snyder over his vision for Justice League and the DC movieverse going forward. Of course Justice League was scheduled to start shooting mere days after BvS was released, which meant WB couldn’t take any definitive action – like removing Snyder or delaying the movie to make changes – without poisoning the box office for BvS. The result? Lots of fights between Snyder and the WB execs, and lots of pressure from Burbank on Snyder, who is shooting in London.

That’s not good! And there could be another director shake-up in the DCEU. Citing multiple sources, Birth.Movies.Death says that director James Wan is feeling pretty nervous about his Aquaman movie.

Now I know what you’re thinking. Birth.Movies.Death? Didn’t they report that Suicide Squad was undergoing reshoots to add more humor? Yes, and they didn’t get that one 100% right. But they were the first site to report that Suicide Squad was spending millions on reshoots, which David Ayer later confirmed was being put towards more action.

This is just a rumor, but after the negative response to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and missed box office opportunities, it’s not hard to see that there could be some tension between Warner Bros. executives and Zack Snyder — a man who they just gave another $250+ million to for Justice League. Let’s not forget… R-rated Deadpool movie made more in the US/Canada than a PG-13 Batman and Superman movie! That is insane.

I’d never waste your time with BS rumors from unreliable sources, and I don’t think I’m doing that here.

SOURCE: Birth.Movies.Death

"I'd never waste your time with BS rumors"

Mentions another bullshit rumor from the same sourse (BirthMovieDeath) in the article.

seems legit.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Is the movie as good as the reviews say it is? Or has it disappointed?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 01, 2016 3:40 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Is the movie as good as the reviews say it is? Or has it disappointed?

It's really good. Sometimes the editing is jarring though, and the CGI isn't done in a lot fight scenes. But it's one of the best Marvel films imo.

Would place it in tier 1 with Guardians, IM1 and Winter Soldier.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 01, 2016 6:09 pm

I don't know how I feel about this film.

It's definitely tier 1 MCU but I don't think it was better than GoTG or Winter soldier. It was thoroughly engaging and the action scenes were fantastic. Film did great to introduce Black Panther and Spiderman while also developing other established characters however the film felt like it was trying to wow too much with a lot of unnecessary stuff.

Going to discuss that in the spoiler tag

Spoiler:

Overall I'd give it 8.2/10

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 01, 2016 9:34 pm

Still gotto wait till Thursday Sad

You guys disturb me with your pessimistic reviews.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 01, 2016 9:36 pm

They aren't pessimistic lol. It's one of MCU's best
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 01, 2016 9:50 pm

I just hope its much better than BvS.

And I want some of the comic book moments to happen on the film.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 01, 2016 11:08 pm

Hopefully this weekend for me
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 02, 2016 2:20 am

Is it worth seeing in IMAX?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon May 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Seeing it in IMAX tonight smh

should have been watching it at friday

Think RG watched it in IMAX
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Nah didn't watch it in IMAX

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 02, 2016 6:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:They aren't pessimistic lol. It's one of MCU's best

You know shit is *bleep* up when 8.2 is pessimistic lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 02, 2016 6:58 pm

I don't think I have ever given a comic book film over 8.6/7 apart from TDK trilogy where they are all above 9

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon May 02, 2016 11:38 pm

Great movie

My favorite character was def Black Panther

Obviously airport scene was 10/10
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 03, 2016 6:40 am

RealGunner wrote:I don't think I have ever given a comic book film over 8.6/7 apart from TDK trilogy where they are all above 9

Dark Knight Rises is above a 9 for you? That's bloody weird lol. That movie is no more than an 8 at best. But hey, it's your opinion, I guess.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 03, 2016 8:04 am

I rate it higher than TDK.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 03, 2016 11:15 am

I've gathered ratings, especially out of 10 is just really really dumb. IN the sense that everyone has their own way of rating films so there'll never be a constant between mine, and anyone else's for instance.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue May 03, 2016 11:39 am

McLewis wrote:Is it worth seeing in IMAX?
Def worth watching in IMAX

It's a tradition for me and the lads to watch the big movies in iMAX lmao
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 03, 2016 3:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:I rate it higher than TDK.

GTFOH Laughing Laughing Laughing

TDKR is a movie with a lot of plot holes and some things that just don't make sense.

Brb Gordon sending ALL the cops in Gotham into the sewers. How does that even make sense? It totally undid the work the first two movies did in making Gordon come across as a very smart man. What if they get stuck? What if it's a trap? What if there are other citizens in the city that need help at that time? What a convenient plot hole Laughing

Brb Bane asking one of his thugs to stay in the plan so the CIA can find a body at the crash site. Like the CIA wouldn't have forensic experts that can tell the plan was crashed with mechanical wrenches and they wouldn't be able to see that the wings were MILES away from where the plane crashed, etc. Any noob that would have looked at the crashed plan could have been able to tell it wasn't an accident gtfoh Laughing

Brb Bruce heals his broken back with no meds or surgery or anything in a desert shithole by just having his spine punched and he's back in 3 months Laughing

Brb have Bane use his thugs to hire Selena Kyle to sell them Bruce's identity so they can use his name/account to run Wayne Enterprises into the ground in order to allow Miranda/Talia to acquire the company (doesn't this prove they ALREADY know his identity as Batman?) and force him into giving them a nuclear bomb which they'll only know how to detonate in 3 months.....exactly enough time for Batman to miraculously heal from his broken back and save the day. Not to mention Bane cut Gotham off from the rest of the world by destroying those bridges so no one could come in or go out.....but somehow Bruce *bleep* Wayne trekked around the bloody globe and walked right back into Gotham.

I could go on and on and on. Major and minor gripes with the movie. Some things that were just too hard to ignore. NO WAY this movie is a 9. You gotta be kidding me. Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue May 03, 2016 4:28 pm

You made a wall of text to bash someone's personal opinion?

Boy u mad as shit
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 03, 2016 4:45 pm

People taking movies this seriously lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 03, 2016 4:52 pm

People taking personal ratings seriously when I already laid down the law, lel
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Two main reasons why I personally loved TDK better than TDKR. The Joker and Bane's voice. Honestly Bane's voice bothered me way too much. Watching in theater I couldn't understand a single thin he said, it was awful. Watching later at home was a bit better but at that point the movie was already ruined for me.

And of course The Joker >>>>>>>
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next