LeBéninois
Doc
halamadrid2
terrance511
Onyx
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga - Page 3 Empty Re: Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:25 am

Lack of game time needed. while its true we rotated a lot, footballers in general need a consistent run of games, not rotation.

In any case I have no qualms with Kovacic. Just needs to work hard.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga - Page 3 Empty Re: Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:09 am

I disagree Nick. You are unduly harsh, just like you were to Lucas. His problem is lack of playing time and he behind some really good MFs. He is like Lucas, Nacho, a really good bench player. As to future, club continues to look at 2 kids you mentioned.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:56 am

Nick, I think generally speaking you are a great poster. However I don't get your criticism of the bench players.

You have been inconsistent over the years with your statements. you have said club only needs 16 players and that these 16 should be world class. Yet you have also said we won this year because the entire squad was used and was effective. Then you have put down Lucas, Nacho and now Kovacic. These guys are bench players, only really playing with injuries to others, yet they contributed. They are part of that 17 to 23 players on the team that you have said aren't really necessary, but on the other hand you say they are part of the reason we were successful!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:23 pm

@TMO to be fair- Modric was criticized for the same exact thing when he moved to RM, that he was an AM forced to play as CM.

I think Kovacic has done very well overall. When he has come off the bench the level of play hasn't dropped.

He is a different type of CM, but one that I think could work with our system in years to come. Kova just needs more time and an opportunity

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Giving him time, you might end up waiting forever. In 4 years watching Kovacic he hasn't really improved much. Always a promise, never a consistent performer. He is young enough to change the course of things, but I've lost faith on him becoming much more than he currently is.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Hey old man bill age is hitting you hard my brother I never commented in this thread dunno who you are responding to Laughing Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:13 pm

I think this was his best season, he performed well when Casemiro was injured, then all the sudden Casemiro returns and he gets out not only of the starting 11 but the squad list. this next season will be his breakthrough, Modric isn't getting any younger and we'll have a lot of matches,

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:50 pm

I like Kovacic but there will never be a season where he is a starter lol, he is not THAT good. We need Kroos/Modric-type players in midfield aka WC

But he is a perfect bench player Smile
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Hey old man bill age is hitting you hard my brother I never commented in this thread dunno who you are responding to Laughing Proud

Oops, sorry Nick. I mistook MTOs posts as yours!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Kovacic wrote what seems like a final farewell message to Madrid on twitter.

"After three years filled with trophies I have decided to move on. Eventhough are paths now separate I want to say big thank you to @realmadrid family and all the fans for an amazing part of my life I will never forget. #HalaMadrid"
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:40 pm

I saw that too, but the loan doesn't have a buy option, unless everyone missed it. Kinda odd, unless something happened behind the curtain.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 pm

I take it that he thinks he will do well and Chelsea or someone will want to buy him. Meanwhile he probably thinks situation (for him) will not change at Madrid!

And if true re Thiago, he may very well be right.

Of players sent out on loan, how many return (and stay and become starters)?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 pm

We don’t typically loan too many players who even have a chance with the first team (realistically). Casemiro and Carvajal are two examples though.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:26 am

I think he's made up his mind that he wants to leave permanently. This loan was just a last min deal we did to please him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:09 am

And i don't blame him. you aren't gonna win a spot with the midfield we have. To all the naysayers here, he is gonna destroy the PL. just watch. We lost an absolute gem of a player. Yes, Pace and Dribbling combined with solid decision making and technical ability are VERY rare. They aren't some irrelevant attributes
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:20 am

Apart from his pace, there's nothing we'll miss about Kovacic. We have bundles of players ready to take his spot who are more suited to our style. I really think Ceballos will be a bigger success story for us. And maybe Valverde turns out alright. The midfield is the last place we should mourn a loss unless it was one of the starters.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:57 am

I like Kova... NO PLAYER can show what he's about if he plays once or twice a month. You need regular playing time to find confidence and rhythm.

I think he'll become a tremendous player. Has the talent that you can't teach. Just needs to get nurtured.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum