Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread)

+19
VendettaRed07
Sri
Sina
Twoism
REWB
EL Patron
Raptorgunner
Rev
T-Mach
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
Nishankly
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Helmer
RealGunner
Art Morte
El Gunner
Jay29
urbaNRoots
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread) - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread)

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Cazorla is the least our problems.

At one end, Cech's performance was a great example of a keeper saving us points. If not for his saves we would have been several goals behind by half-time. Also showed his experience when he played more long ball from restarts instead of trying to play out when Chambers was struggling.

At the other end, Giroud's performance was a great example of a good but not great striker being unable to score a decisive goal when we need it. Though Alexis also missed a very good chance, and generally I don't think we made enough clear cut opportunities. We haven't scored in 5 of our last 6 home games - too long a run for it not be a concern.

Just heard we've had 61 shots so far this season - more than any other side. But only two goals. That's a worry.

It's not like the intensity or effort wasn't there. There was plenty of endeavor, we won the ball back high up the pitch and the passing was much better in the second half. We had decent width, our main players saw plenty of the ball. But there's just something missing there at the moment. I don't want to pin everything on Giroud but he spent all that second half in the box fending off several defenders and to get the ball to him we need to put in very accurate passes. And things just look imbalanced, as usual; too many players wanting ball to feet, not enough players wanting to get into those gaps between defenders.

A point isn't terrible after such a bad first half. Liverpool were set-up very well in that half and made it hard for us to play out and obviously we didn't help ourselves. They'll be kicking themselves that they didn't win the game based on that half alone. Second half they withdrew into their half and we had a lot more play in their half. We did have a goal incorrectly ruled out and a decent penalty shout in the second half as well.

I feel it's pointless drawing too many conclusions so early in the season. Yes, five points behind a scarily good City team doesn't bode well for our title hopes, but there's a lot of football to be played. Arsenal can and will improve their form eventually. Home form is the biggest concern at the moment and that needs to be addressed quickly. As long we stay within four or five points after 15 or so game we'll have a chance.

I'm actually more confident about away games at the moment, and its Newcaslte next on Saturday (early kick-off, yay).

I look forward to picking apart our forward movement when the full-match comes out.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread) - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread)

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:48 pm

That 61 shots to 2 goals is a concerning stat.

I'd genuinely like to see Walcott start alongside Giroud next match. It's hard to bench either Cazorla or Ramsey but it's probably time we try different approaches.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:49 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Cazorla is a natural CM, he has had his best games in that position. Ramsey on the other hand as proved tonight and in the run in last year id best suited in an sttacking position with Özil/Alexis. In midfield you need someone like Cazorla who can control the tempo of the game.

Amen.

RealGunner wrote:Think Wenger made a big mistake not starting Walcott/Oxlade.

Ramsey at RW is great away from home. But at home we should have started another genuine attacker.
Thank you.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:54 pm

One of those goals was an own goal as well. Laughing

What's going with Cazorla's shooting by the way? When we signed him a shot on the edge of the box was a chance, now he puts every shot over the crossbar.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Cech's reflexes apparently has slowed down with age Laughing

that's nearly up there with Seaman Vs southampton
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:20 pm

The lack of leadership and maturity was there for all to see at the first half. The perfect example was Chambers distribution, he made some poor decisions and seems to want to rush things a bit. It affected the entire team and made everyone nervous, Bellerin was dodgy as well. Some scuffed clearances, poor passing, playing int wrong areas. Tough game from them all, i hope they learn and improve. Gabriel had a beast of a game, without him, Cech and Coquelin i don't think we would have drawn this game. They were essentially our defense during the entire game. After what i witness in thhs first half, i hope we don't have to play a game without Mert and kos again, it was a mess. We need to keep Coquelin fit as well, as much as i rate Mikel. I don't thinkhe could do the defensive job coq did today especially with the amount of balls lost in midfield stupidly.

Going forward we had one of those games where we knock, knock but we can't unlock. The passing, the tempo was there. We just weren't clinical enough, in these sort of games where the opponent defends as well as Liverpool do. You only get one or two chances clear cut chances and you need to take them when they come. We had those with Giroud and Alexis but we din't finish. This is where we need to improve in my opinion, we don't have that clinical edge in front of goals. Its like we need a few more before burying a chance.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:25 pm

The worry about those 61 shots as well, is that probably only 3 out of them have been clear cut chances.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:50 pm

The more I remember the match, the more i love Gabriel tbh

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:32 pm

think Theo for Giroud didnt really help us,should have kept him on
should praise Cech and Coquelin
all these situation and since last season there were similar issues with shortage at the back make me miss Sagna ;(

Giroud situation is frustrating, if had taken someone who could improve to something after all these years after giving chances

feels like window has been shut after Cech signing tbh
all hopes on Wele now
pls no more Walcott up front
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Yep agreed completely.

Well time to look towards the next match.

Not that I am excited anymore.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Why wouldn't you be excited by a certain 5-0 win hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:55 pm

We'll be lucky to score 1.

And there is not much to look forward to unless we sign someone better than Giroud upfront. Win or lose next game.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:03 pm

one nil with Giroud header from set piece as usual pls

in before Colback screamer
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:07 pm

For that to happen Colback would have try to do something other than pass back to Krul lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:For that to happen Colback would have try to do something other than pass back to Krul lol.

inb4 Colback's attempted back pass from the half way line ends up looping over Cech into the Arsenal net :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:For that to happen Colback would have try to do something other than pass back to Krul lol.

This is what's wrong with GL, No respect for key passes that lead to goals imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:35 am

Meh, happy with the draw after seeing Mertesacker and Koscielny out. What are the chances...

Chambers needs to go on loan - although would mean having to play Debuchy at CB in emergencies...

Didn't think Cazorla or Giroud was that bad. Although Cazorla really needs to work on his long distance shooting. My issue is that Walcott and Ox should have come on earlier and Giroud should have been left on. And we continue to try play through the middle even when it has failed for the first 70 minutes of the match. It was so frustrating watching them pass the ball to feet all around the box and then lose the ball before even attempting a shot on goal...Sometimes you just have to whip some crosses in, take some long shots, pile the box with attackers and hope for the best...
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:41 am

Kick wrote:

inb4 Colback's attempted back pass from the half way line ends up looping over Cech into the Arsenal net :coffee:

Laughing ffs, I actually just imagined that. That would be something in itself.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:11 am

So, here are some examples of where I thought we could have benefited from better movement up front in the second half:

Spoiler:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:59 am

Great read on the problem of playing Coquelin, Santi and Ramsey:

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/23/blog/post/2580379/francis-coquelin-affects-arsenal-attacking-fluidity
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:04 am

That was good read Jay.

Its sad, 3 weeks in to the new season and already tired of football. Now I know how Mole feels not having any chance at winning the league. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:19 am

Great work Jay Thumbs up
However I really think the lads were trying quite hard last night, even in the first half. Game had a really fast pace (intensity almost reminded me of the 1-1 game against Everton at The Emirates 2 seasons ago). Runs and effort were being made, up to the point where Cazorla started hugging the edge of Liverpool's 18-yard area. And at some point I saw the pace getting to most players out there on the pitch for both teams (props to Ozil he was still running and dribbling up until the last minutes, his endurance has really improved a lot) so my point is = I think this sort of intensity came to early in the season, the team will get better at it as the season progresses.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:21 am

Raptorgunner wrote:That was good read Jay.

Its sad, 3 weeks in to the new season and already tired of football. Now I know how Mole feels not having any chance at winning the league. Very Happy

Obvious bait post is bait, and knowing Mole he will gladly take it, that's what 80% of his overall post count has accounted to.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:01 am

El Gunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:That was good read Jay.

Obvious bait post is bait, and knowing Mole he will gladly take it, that's what 80% of his overall post count has accounted to.

pirat :fishing:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:29 am

Get out of the first round of the playoffs first pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:24 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:So, here are some examples of where I thought we could have benefited from better movement up front in the second half:

Spoiler:

Not one person on the right wing in any of those. Imagine if there was someone on the right getting behind the defense or even just being a threat and pulling a defender away.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4