Mahrez for POTY

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by FennecFox7 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:16 pm

lol @ the surprise

Id argue he was better then feghouli for the NT in terms of pure skill beforehand when he first came on the NT , he just didn't have the end product.. that's really all it was. Plus feghouli has Vardy/Bale like pace so he pushes teams back just with that lol

Basically another brahimi but mahrez imo has a better footy brain while brahimi is a slightly better dribbler.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 6554
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:12 points in fantasy league Chaka
Since when is Hans on FPL?

_________________
Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 TRAPOBIELSA

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 24145
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Art Morte on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:24 pm

I think you've been deceived.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16728
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by futbol on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:27 am

Riyad Mahrez (Leicester): "I always watch Barcelona on TV at home because I like how they play." [telegraph]

Come home, you beaut. Proud

_________________
Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 EBxxgJYXsAQIfC8

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10889
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Abramovich on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:56 pm

If Vardy gets this award ahead of Mahrez, I'll be mega pissed off.

Saying that still half the season to go yet.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by B-Mac on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:24 pm

@futbol wrote:Riyad Mahrez (Leicester): "I always watch Barcelona on TV at home because I like how they play." [telegraph]

Come home, you beaut. Proud


Mahrez to replace Dishmar Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8830
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Art Morte on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Well, here's a question. Which players are in for contention for the POTY at this moment?

Vardy and Mahrez... but the rest are actually quite far away. A lot can happen in the second half of the season, but a lot also needs to happen. If the POTY was decided today, no one would be close to Vardy and Mahrez.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16728
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:56 pm

Ozil obviously lol.

Inb4 the top assister in Europe isn't in contention doe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 66877
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:59 pm

Özil far away? pls

_________________
Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 VlSBSAc-?format=jpg&name=small
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 27622
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Art Morte on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Mahrez - while doing it for a weaker team - has been far better than Özil, so, yeah, Özil is far away in my book.

Good on Özil for those assists, bu Mahrez, playing as a winger, has actually 11 goals in the league to Özil's 2. Anyone saying Özil's season right now is closely contesting Mahrez's for POTY is out of their mind.


Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16728
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Valkyrja on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:45 pm

Leicester got this guy for 350k while we got Bale for 100m.

Talk about great business

_________________
@Myesyats wrote:Mane-Origi-Gigi forward line? :bow: It's not gonna be pretty for us.

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Nail-biting-gif-7


This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10926
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by M99 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:25 am

@Art Morte wrote:Mahrez - while doing it for a weaker team - has been far better than Özil, so, yeah, Özil is far away in my book.

Good on Özil for those assists, bu Mahrez, playing as a winger, has actually 11 goals in the league to Özil's 2. Anyone saying Özil's season right now is closely contesting Mahrez's for POTY is out of their mind.

Ozil is not a goalscorer lol. Why are you brushing of Ozil's assists and overall play and giving more importance to Mahrez's goals? That's very Harmonica like.

_________________
#JUSTICE4Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Lulcas11Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBMahrez for POTY - Page 2 ZidaneMahrez for POTY - Page 2 SmurffMahrez for POTY - Page 2 GhelyonMahrez for POTY - Page 2 Hungry_boyMahrez for POTY - Page 2 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 27796
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 96

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:13 am

This weaker team stuff is nonsense lol, it wouldn't if other Arsenal players were performing but fact is they are not and Ozil is blatantly carrying them.

But I'm not surprised as Art has never rated Ozil, if Silva was doing similar things he'd have no issue in saying he deserves POTY recognition.

To me it's between him and Mahrez depending on how their team ends the season. As I said I expect Leicester to fall out top 4 contention over the next 3 months but we'll see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 66877
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by CBarca on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:41 am

Agreed with Mole here, POTY is between Ozil and Mahrez right now and we can properly judge at the end of the season.

Though it's very clear that as far as quality, Ozil is the best player in the EPL by quite some distance. Incredible player.

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 17656
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by El Gunner on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:14 am

Art pls stahp.
Bring some logic in to your opinion. Ozil has never been a goal scorer so the goals argument doesn't count. The impact and hold Ozil has had over games this season has been far greater than Mahrez running on counters for Leicester. Just look at the second half of the game we had against Leicester. While it was Sanchez that ended up with a hat-trick, who asserted himself and slowed the game down to our favour? Ozil, yes.

Not taking anything away from Mahrez, and his assists, successful dribbling and goal scoring abilities. But any player with a good technical ability can match that numbers in a team that plays with Leicester's confidence and free-flowing style.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14233
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by free_cat on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:42 am

Mahrez deserves it far more than Ozil and anyone else at this point.

_________________
Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Triste
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8546
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Art Morte on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:44 am

I'm not saying Özil should be scoring a lot of goals, but Mahrez has actually scored and assisted a lot of goals. In my opinion Mahrez has simply had more decisive, game-winning moments than Özil.

Plus this time last year Fabregas was having a very similar season to what Özil is having now, yet I don't remember anyone talking him up as the guy to win the POTY.

If the POTY was given now it would be foolish to contemplate whether it should be given to Özil over Mahrez or Vardy, simple as.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16728
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:17 am

We (well I for my part) didn't bring up Özil because I disagree with Mahrez deserving this, only because you said noone else but him and Vardy were in 'contention'.

_________________
Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 VlSBSAc-?format=jpg&name=small
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 27622
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:06 am

@Art Morte wrote:I'm not saying Özil should be scoring a lot of goals, but Mahrez has actually scored and assisted a lot of goals. In my opinion Mahrez has simply had more decisive, game-winning moments than Özil.

Plus this time last year Fabregas was having a very similar season to what Özil is having now, yet I don't remember anyone talking him up as the guy to win the POTY.

If the POTY was given now it would be foolish to contemplate whether it should be given to Özil over Mahrez or Vardy, simple as.


Around January they were, but Fabregas fell apart mid season as he's prone to do so the focus shifted to Hazard.

You have to realize we are not even entering the Christmas period yet so a lot changes and usually we don't even talk about POTY at this point in the season tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 66877
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:06 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:We (well I for my part) didn't bring up Özil because I disagree with Mahrez deserving this, only because you said noone else but him and Vardy were in 'contention'.


Also this lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 66877
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Art Morte on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:27 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:We (well I for my part) didn't bring up Özil because I disagree with Mahrez deserving this, only because you said noone else but him and Vardy were in 'contention'.


I meant if it was awarded now. If the season was over now, the POTY would be between Mahrez and Vardy and no one else. But obviously anything can happen in the 2nd half of the season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16728
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by El Gunner on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:52 am

^^Well that's just wrong imo, Ozil should then also be in there.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14233
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by farfan on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:53 am

@El Gunner wrote:Art pls stahp.
Bring some logic in to your opinion. Ozil has never been a goal scorer so the goals argument doesn't count. The impact and hold Ozil has had over games this season has been far greater than Mahrez running on counters for Leicester. Just look at the second half of the game we had against Leicester. While it was Sanchez that ended up with a hat-trick, who asserted himself and slowed the game down to our favour? Ozil, yes.

Not taking anything away from Mahrez, and his assists, successful dribbling and goal scoring abilities. But any player with a good technical ability can match that numbers in a team that plays with Leicester's confidence and free-flowing style.


Nah, you should sthap with this ridiculously biased opinion .
Mahrez's goals and assists had a bigger impact on Leicester's campaign than any other player's contribution to his team .

and lol at that last part... any player with descent technique would get those numbers ? Laughing Leicester is apparently just like Barça right ?
farfan
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 4621
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:08 pm

@farfan wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:Art pls stahp.
Bring some logic in to your opinion. Ozil has never been a goal scorer so the goals argument doesn't count. The impact and hold Ozil has had over games this season has been far greater than Mahrez running on counters for Leicester. Just look at the second half of the game we had against Leicester. While it was Sanchez that ended up with a hat-trick, who asserted himself and slowed the game down to our favour? Ozil, yes.

Not taking anything away from Mahrez, and his assists, successful dribbling and goal scoring abilities. But any player with a good technical ability can match that numbers in a team that plays with Leicester's confidence and free-flowing style.


Nah, you should sthap with this ridiculously biased opinion .
Mahrez's goals and assists had a bigger impact on Leicester's campaign than any other player's contribution to his team .

and lol at that last part... any player with descent technique would get those numbers ? Laughing Leicester is apparently just like Barça right ?


You realize El G was very likely sarcastic, seeing that he's not exactly Özil's biggest fan.

_________________
Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 VlSBSAc-?format=jpg&name=small
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 27622
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by El Gunner on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:15 pm

I was very serious however hmm

I liken what Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Southampton. He is definitely a good player, but he ain't a player I would label as "top class" quality, no not yet. They even started talking about him in the Real Madrid section in their transfer thread. Laughing Just think some people a going a tiny bit overboard with his hype.

But yes in terms of POTY so far, he is up there in discussion along Ozil and Vardy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14233
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Curtinho on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:46 pm

I rate Ozil, but Art is not wrong in saying that the PotY would only be between Vardy and Mahrez (and IMO, it's clearly Mahrez and not really much of a contest).

Ozil would come in a distant 3rd.

The only argument I could see for Vardy getting the PotY over Mahrez is because he broke the goalscoring record and is British.

_________________
Walk on with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 4626
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 2 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum