Mahrez for POTY

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Curtinho on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:46 pm

I rate Ozil, but Art is not wrong in saying that the PotY would only be between Vardy and Mahrez (and IMO, it's clearly Mahrez and not really much of a contest).

Ozil would come in a distant 3rd.

The only argument I could see for Vardy getting the PotY over Mahrez is because he broke the goalscoring record and is British.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4626
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by RealGunner on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Vardy already won it when he scored 10 years in a row.

Even if Leicester finish 11th, he'll still get it due to hype.

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79587
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Art Morte on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:04 pm

I don't quite get why people seem to be dismissing Vardy as inferior to Mahrez in terms of the POTY hmm

I believe if it was Aguero with 15 goals in 16 games people would absolutely putting him right up there for the POTY. Because this is almost certainly by far the best season Vardy is ever going to have and is not considered a world-class player, people seem to be putting him down. Yet the POTY isn't about how good you actually are in the long-term, it's about one season and one season only. For me, Mahrez and Vardy are neck and neck in the POTY race right now.

avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15825
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Curtinho on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Nobody is dismissing Vardy, but if you watch Leicester play it's very clear that Mahrez is not only superior but more important in terms of that team's build-up, team play and success...IMO.

_________________
Walk on with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
avatar
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 4626
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by urbaNRoots on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:02 pm

I think it maybe has to do with the fact that Vardy is a dirty racist scumbag.
avatar
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 15521
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Nishankly on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Mahrez gets my vote, Ozil isnt even close.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15376
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Most assists with 13, most chances created with 65 and not even close Laughing

You guys Laughing that's without mentioning how important he is as every single little thing goes through him which can't be measured by stats.

Only reason that he's not completely accepted as #1 this season is because he plays for a " bigger club " and people like to put more stock in pound for pound success instead of comparing isolated performances side by side without political BS.

Admit it you were all wrong about him, instead of doing what the english media will do and cowering behind the flavor of the month and manning up to the facts.

Which are, he's been the best player in the league by a considerable distance since he returned from injury, funny thing is he's been doing this since he joined Arsenal but no one took any notice because " NO NUMBERS !" as this argument proves as all the arguments i see are this guy has this amount so he must be better.

I have no problem you thinking Mahrez is better, you are wrong but it is what it is. But to say someone who has been the best playmaker ( not just assists) in Europe in the last year is not even close is utterly absurd especially when he's the only Arsenal player who is actually performing.

Oh and if Silva was performing like him and City were in Arsenal's position and City players outside of him were not performing i can guarantee you would have no problem picking him but for some reason PL fans dislike Ozil.

I don't get it, as he's the last person a football fan should dislike but when ever he performs no one but Arsenal fans mention it and his haters will call him out for an average performance ( not crap) the minute it happens.

Yet when his closest challengers in the league do the same you go all quiet and act like it never happened. Laughing


Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63674
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by urbaNRoots on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:32 pm

To be honest if I watched Henderson, Emre Can and Milner waddling around week in week out, I too wouldn't know what a world class midfielder would play like.
avatar
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 15521
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by CBarca on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:37 pm

I do think that Vardy should be in with a shout. Don't care how he's gotten his goals, he's been unreal this season and a large part of Leicester's success is due to him. I think that Mahrez has been a bit more important for Leicester though and that's why I think that Mahrez edges it. It should be between Ozil, Mahrez and Vardy.

Right now I think it's too early to tell who should win it. I certainly think that Ozil is neck and neck with Mahrez and Vardy though. He's the better player and he's been playing unreal. If we were to pick POTY right now I think I would go with Ozil. But we still have half a season to go, so picking right now would be dumb.

Can't really say I care who wins it anyway.

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16652
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by jibers on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:41 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:To be honest if I watched Henderson, Emre Can and Milner waddling around week in week out, I too wouldn't know what a world class midfielder would play like.


rofl

_________________
avatar
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10082
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Adit on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Kind of agree with mole except for that he had been playing the same way since he joined part.... No freaking way. There is hell alot difference between that unmotivated and lazy ozil and this year's Ozil.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9213
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Curtinho on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:11 pm

This year's Ozil has been great, and he's been better than Vardy, but Vardy has the goals, the glory, the record and the nationality.

No way has Ozil been better than Mahrez though. Sorry.

Also I understand the shots at Can and Milner, but Henderson is absolutely class so gtfo with that shit.

_________________
Walk on with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
avatar
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 4626
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Kaladin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Mahrez>Ozil

https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/17/64/32/82/mahrez10.png

_________________
avatar
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 21701
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Adit on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Donkey lgs top 10 players rofl

Depressing

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9213
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by RealGunner on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:11 pm

That's because our whole league is full of quality. And not like La liga where all top 10 players play for two heavyweights in Atleti and Barca (:

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79587
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:27 pm

just watched all Vardy goals in a row, with commentary, except for the last one which didn't have commentary, and I'm now in the Vardy for POTY camp.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 24034
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:55 pm

@RealGunner wrote:That's because our whole league is full of quality. And not like La liga where all top 10 players play for two heavyweights in Atleti and Barca (:



-25% RG Laughing

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10547
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:27 am

Mole the thing is that POTY is not necessarily the best player in the league, it's the player that was most decisive for the season. And Leicester are 1st largely due to Mahrez ''s exploits. I think if you were to ask people "would you rather have M or O on your team?" 95% will go for the later, but that doesn't meant that Oezil has done more to win it this season.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23142
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:08 am

Wow, just wow. For the record mole, you don't even watch games so its understandable to hear that shit spew out of your mouth.

And before I say this, I am a fan of ozil and I'm glad hes doing great. But dude.. Mahrez wipes the floor with ozil. And its not a tirade on ozil. Hes that good. He's pushing people out of the NT as well and we scored 7 goals in our last game where he was the star Laughing

I don't like rating players with individual qualities since its so simple and a bit narrow minded but I have to right here.

Mahrez is faster, fitter, a MUCH, MUCH better dribbler, a better scorer, tracks back on the wing and actually plays defense. Feel free to disagree but I'm gonna prove you wrong.

But I get it, Ozil plays for the best NT in the world and is a much higher, more hyped player.

Nevermind he was one of germanys worst players in the WC, has failed to lead a team full of talented players for years, and mahrez is doing what he should be doing with an average team.

You mention Ozil is the best playmaker. Okay? What else can he do? For years we've seen him limited to assisting and playing as a luxury player. He can't take a team by the neck and lead them with his talent. No athleticism, no stamina, inconsistent.. come on

So you should just end the bs here Laughing

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6272
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:13 am

@El Gunner wrote:I was very serious however hmm

I liken what Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Southampton. He is definitely a good player, but he ain't a player I would label as "top class" quality, no not yet. They even started talking about him in the Real Madrid section in their transfer thread. Laughing Just think some people a going a tiny bit overboard with his hype.

But yes in terms of POTY so far, he is up there in discussion along Ozil and Vardy.


Oh come on. Comparing lallana to mahrez?

Oh my god. The things people will say to suit their argument. gg

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6272
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:15 am



I forgot, isn't he all stats and no talent? i mean, ozil is so much better at dribbling. right..?

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6272
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by El Gunner on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:22 am

@Adit wrote:Kind of agree with mole except for that he had been playing the same way since he joined part.... No freaking way. There is hell alot difference between that unmotivated and lazy ozil and this year's Ozil.

+1

What are these Liverpool fans on about Laughing

@FennecFox7 wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:I was very serious however hmm

I liken what Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Southampton. He is definitely a good player, but he ain't a player I would label as "top class" quality, no not yet. They even started talking about him in the Real Madrid section in their transfer thread. Laughing Just think some people a going a tiny bit overboard with his hype.

But yes in terms of POTY so far, he is up there in discussion along Ozil and Vardy.


Oh come on. Comparing lallana to mahrez?

Oh my god. The things people will say to suit their argument. gg

I didn't compare their qualities or them as individuals.
I just compared their situations. What Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Soton.

Of course Lallana, didn't produce the exact same numbers. But in terms of the way he led his team in the offensive side of the game I draw parallels to that of what Mahrez is doing now.

Come back to me when Mahrez actually wins POTY and reproduces this sort of play when he eventually moves to a bigger club. And that bigger shouldn't ever be a club as huge as Madrid. Laughing

In fact, you know what I'll say it, I won't be surprised in the slightest if he, like Lallana now at Liverpool, drops off a bit and loses the great portion of the impact that he can have on a game if he makes that move.

Mahrez is not a top class player yet in my book, and your obvious biased nationalism ass can cry about that all you want cuz I know where it's at.

_________________
avatar
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 12713
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Lucifer on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:36 am

Ozil maybe the most unluckiest SOB to ever live imo. He makes ridiculous things look easy and people be like "what he ain't did nothing special so he is bullshit". He better learn those rainbow flicks and elasticos before retiring imo.
avatar
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6169
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Nishankly on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Really doesn't matter until Leicester is on top, Mahrez will win the POTY and you guys know it too if the table continues this way.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15376
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:16 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
@Adit wrote:Kind of agree with mole except for that he had been playing the same way since he joined part.... No freaking way. There is hell alot difference between that unmotivated and lazy ozil and this year's Ozil.

+1

What are these Liverpool fans on about Laughing

@FennecFox7 wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:I was very serious however hmm

I liken what Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Southampton. He is definitely a good player, but he ain't a player I would label as "top class" quality, no not yet. They even started talking about him in the Real Madrid section in their transfer thread. Laughing Just think some people a going a tiny bit overboard with his hype.

But yes in terms of POTY so far, he is up there in discussion along Ozil and Vardy.


Oh come on. Comparing lallana to mahrez?

Oh my god. The things people will say to suit their argument. gg

I didn't compare their qualities or them as individuals.
I just compared their situations. What Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Soton.

Of course Lallana, didn't produce the exact same numbers. But in terms of the way he led his team in the offensive side of the game I draw parallels to that of what Mahrez is doing now.

Come back to me when Mahrez actually wins POTY and reproduces this sort of play when he eventually moves to a bigger club. And that bigger shouldn't ever be a club as huge as Madrid. Laughing

In fact, you know what I'll say it, I won't be surprised in the slightest if he, like Lallana now at Liverpool, drops off a bit and loses the great portion of the impact that he can have on a game if he makes that move.

Mahrez is not a top class player yet in my book, and your obvious biased nationalism ass can cry about that all you want cuz I know where it's at.

I didn't compare their qualities or them as individuals. I just compared their situations. What Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Soton. wrote:

Which is bullshit. Lallana was not the best PL player last year. Not even close. That Southampton team was a complete unit and it was not just him. And yes, that is indirectly comparing their qualities as individuals. You don't compare messi's season with Shaqiris, because they are on way different levels. No comparison.

Come back to me when Mahrez actually wins POTY and reproduces this sort of play when he eventually moves to a bigger club. And that bigger shouldn't ever be a club as huge as Madrid. wrote:

Mahrez has done it in one of the better NT's in the world at the moment, which is ours, and we play completely different to leciester's counter attacking game. In fact he's our best player at the moment.

In fact, you know what I'll say it, I won't be surprised in the slightest if he, like Lallana now at Liverpool, drops off a bit and loses the great portion of the impact that he can have on a game if he makes that move. wrote:

He did the same exact thing last season with his overall play. He's added physicality and goals to his game. This is not magic form. It's the real deal. Same with Vardy.

Mahrez is not a top class player yet in my book, and your obvious biased nationalism ass can cry about that all you want cuz I know where it's at. wrote:

Considering you are an Arsenal fan and all and yet I'm biased.. that seems a tad hypocritical. Yes, I support Algerian and Morrocan players more then anything else, but you don't see me saying scrubs like boudebouz and belfodil should be playing for top teams

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6272
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by farfan on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:43 pm

@El Gunner wrote:

Mahrez is not a top class player yet in my book, and your obvious biased nationalism ass can cry about that all you want cuz I know where it's at.


Your " book" doesn't meant squat .the reality of the situation  is that Mahrez's individual contribution to his team so far  is  greater than any other player in the league .

But hey , i'm pretty sure Ozil will close the distance very soon  with a couple of  corner / free kick assists .  Rolling Eyes
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 4440
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum