Do we need De Gea right now?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Claudio84 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:19 pm

I think De Gea is definitely better than Navas, but is he 40 millions better? I think we should wait and sign him on a free deal next summer.

Claudio84
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 178
Join date : 2015-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by chad4401 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:18 pm

as far as navas goes he is great and needs to be given more credit, I have no doubt the team will be just as competitive with him or DDG, i know its a madrid fan thing, to think the grass is always greener... etc, but i wouldn't mind going with navas for the season.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3957
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Nah, being a short keeper is just inconvenient. I have had enough of being bullied on corners or free kick. Need a GK tall enough to come out and to punch the hell outta of theball

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 22364
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by halamadrid2 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Casilla hmm
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 17615
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by chad4401 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:27 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:Nah, being a short keeper is just inconvenient. I have had enough of being bullied on corners or free kick. Need a GK tall enough to come out and to punch the hell outta of theball


I understand that but iker made things looked twice as bad, navas shown he is more than capable to start for us, easily sorted out chances that iker would have conceded, tbh the team seems more defensively solid under rafa so that a big+ too.

paying 40 mil for DDG is a bit much when a great keeper like navas is here already, and get him for free next summer, if he comes now it will be an good upgrade sure, paying over the odds sucks but is what it is.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3957
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by FennecFox7 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:20 pm

this is not fifa. height doesnt always equal aerial ability. there is no reason to buy ddg. both of our keepers are more then good enough

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6016
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Perucho21 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Close to 40 million with hes on his last contract year?

Rather not take the deal, im Fine with Navas and Kiko

_________________
When your in horrible form but you getting a fat new contract
avatar
Perucho21
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 616
Join date : 2015-03-23
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Adit on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:50 pm

@FennecFox7 wrote:this is not fifa. height doesnt always equal aerial ability. there is no reason to buy ddg. both of our keepers are more then good enough


but De Gea is actually fairly superior to Navas on aerial ability regradless of the Fifa ratings.

De Gea is better keeper than Navas so i dont really have a problem with his transfer.

i was a de gea fan for years btw ,so this is an extra coupe for me.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 8961
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Doc on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:57 pm

@FennecFox7 wrote:this is not fifa. height doesnt always equal aerial ability. there is no reason to buy ddg. both of our keepers are more then good enough

It's a vanity signing which is normal for Madrid. Not like we are getting a shit goalie, De Gea is a lovely goal keeper but it is more a want than a need.

_________________

Spoiler:
The Real Treble:
Under 19 World Cup
ICC Men's T20 World Cup
ICC Women's T20 World Cup
Rally around the West Indies. Now and Forever.
Carlos Braithwaite wrote:I hear English tears taste like reparations

avatar
Doc
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8201
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by FalcaoPunch on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:58 pm

Yup extra height is the answer to our problems on set pieces :facepalm:

I don't think we need De Gea but it looks like we will sign him and Keylor will be on his way out.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 4074
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Adit on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:35 pm

May be oppositions won't be so comfortable pumping corners into 3 yard box any more?

With casillas and Navas teams pumped ball into the 3 yard box.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 8961
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by chad4401 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:41 pm

just because navas is short doesn't make him iker, he is proven and when since height became the end all be all, team exploit us on corners and crosses cause they know ramos sucks at defending those.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3957
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Doc on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:47 pm

6 yard box and having a short keeper wasn't the main issue because Ramos and Pepe have lovely aerial ability. So does Cristiano when he tracks back to defend a corner. Our players simply lose their collective shit on set pieces for one reason or the other.

But yes, it would be nice having a goalie who has a real aerial presence. Just that De Gea was never a need, just a want.

_________________

Spoiler:
The Real Treble:
Under 19 World Cup
ICC Men's T20 World Cup
ICC Women's T20 World Cup
Rally around the West Indies. Now and Forever.
Carlos Braithwaite wrote:I hear English tears taste like reparations

avatar
Doc
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8201
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Adit on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:59 pm

You say that but let's look at how teams do v their corners against us.

They always sends their bank into 6 yard box knowing our GK is helpless on this situation. Knowing that we were forced to put our all the tall players inside the box to protect the keeper.

With De gea we don't need to protect the 6 yard box with 4456 players like we do now... De Gea will protect himself and we can actually spare some tall players to man mark.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 8961
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Adit on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:02 pm

Can any one post a pic of how real Madrid defend corners and how Bayern Munich defends them...please highlight the 4554 players inside our 6 yard box too.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 8961
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by chad4401 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:52 pm

pretty sure we destroyed bayern on set pieces for the 10th, neuer height meant nothing with the sloppy defending.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3957
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by LeBéninois on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:13 pm

@chad4401 wrote:just because navas is short doesn't make him iker, he is proven and when since height became the end all be all, team exploit us on corners and crosses cause they know ramos sucks at defending those.
@Doc wrote:6 yard box and having a short keeper wasn't the main issue because Ramos and Pepe have lovely aerial ability. So does Cristiano when he tracks back to defend a corner. Our players simply lose their collective shit on set pieces for one reason or the other..
hmm hmm who's right ? I kinda agree with Doc.
avatar
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3857
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by chad4401 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:18 pm

doc is saying the same thing they have aerial abilities, just not when defending especially set pieces, short keepers thing is an excuse.

have you seen ramos marking on crosses or set pieces? he is awful and usually the one most targeted.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3957
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by FalcaoPunch on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:48 pm

@chad4401 wrote:doc is saying the same thing they have aerial abilities, just not when defending especially set pieces, short keepers thing is an excuse.

have you seen ramos marking on crosses or set pieces? he is awful and usually the one most targeted.
Yup most set pieces that resulted in a goal against us was due to what chad mentioned.

Poor marking no matter how tall or good the keeper is they can only do so much in those situations.

I'm not saying height won't help but to make it seem like a huge deciding factor is something I don't agree with.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 4074
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by sportsczy on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:54 pm

Reason we've had set piece problems was due to a lot of things:
- Marcelo, coentrao, arbeloa and carvajal offer no help in the air
- Kroos, modric, isco,James, etc offer no help in the air
- strikers don't defend well, air or not lol
- iker isn't the best in the air

So you basically had the CBs try to cover as.much ad they can and pray.

With Danilo and now De Gea, we've added two additional set piece assets, which was necessary. We're still one short.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 14198
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by chad4401 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:01 pm

that doesn't explain the one fact, ramos is still targeted the most and he almost always loses his duels or markers....

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3957
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Thimmy on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:07 pm

I highly doubt that De Gea's height is going to make much difference Razz He may be taller than Iker, but the difference in height between him and Navas is hardly significant. Lindegaard is taller than De Gea, and thanks to that he's earned a spot between the sticks for West Brom Smile




_________________
avatar
Thimmy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4699
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by sportsczy on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:19 pm

Ramos isn't targeted particularly. He's the one asked to cover the top aereal threat of the opponent. That's the reason a lot of balls go his way. He makes errors of course... But he's also playing against players that are most likely to take advantage.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 14198
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by chad4401 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:25 pm

that what im saying, its not like teams are going after the shorter players either, but if ramos was good at defending set pieces that would be the case, but he sucks and we concede the most due to him, nothing to do with height.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3957
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by vanDEEZ on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:38 pm

@Thimmy wrote:I highly doubt that De Gea's height is going to make much difference Razz He may be taller than Iker, but the difference in height between him and Navas is hardly significant. Lindegaard is taller than De Gea, and thanks to that he's earned a spot between the sticks for West Brom Smile






The pictures are pretty deceiving, Iker is 6'1" Navas is 6'0" and De Gea is 6'4"

Not to mention De Gea's wingspan is immense

I'll be the first to say height isn't everything but De Gea is more talented and can cover more space, so it can certainly help us it our biggest weakness: set pieces/corners
avatar
vanDEEZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4214
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Valkyrja on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:07 pm

Iker is 5'11, DDG around 6'3 and Navas around 6'1

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9535
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need De Gea right now?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum