Thibuuuu: welcome to Madrid

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Re: Thibuuuu: welcome to Madrid

Post by Freeza on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Keylor almost cost us against Juventus. Stop acting like he’s some saviour.

We all know you people are the same who loved Khedira when he was here and now you think he’s shit.

Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:00 pm

I'm sorry, what? Where did I say that Keylor is some sort of a savior? I don't consider him elite, but he grew freaking wings last year in many big games and saved our asses from inevitable defeat.

I wouldn't hesitate to swap him with someone like Neuer or De Gea. But Thibaut? A few games in the WC won't change the fact that he was bang average the entire season with Chelsea. Him and that sideway-dribbling King.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:05 pm

every GK has an off day but Keylor had some big performances when I saw him for you in all the CL campaigns

is the plan to offload Navas too? can see Loserpool getting him cheap ffs

none of the other teams really need a new GK

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:10 pm

yeah he always tend to make impossible saves in big games.

I don't really know whether the club is planning on offloading him, but I'm sure if Courtois comes, he'll want to leave for greener pastures.

Love the way we're conducting business btw. " Say what? We need a goalscorer? Ok, here's a goalkeeper."

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:30 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:

I wouldn't hesitate to swap him with someone like Neuer or De Gea. But Thibaut? A few games in the WC

I wouldn't hesitate to swap him with someone like Neuer or De Gea. But Thibaut? A few games in the WC won't change the fact that he was bang average the entire season with Chelsea.

Did you see DeGea in this WC. I was a fan, huge in fact, but he blew one horrendous save and that was it for him in tournament. His confidence was completely shaken. He might have been viewed before as a top GK, but definitely no longer. Meanwhile Courtois was top notch all the way thru.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:48 pm

De Gea was absolutely horrendous in the WC and absolutely phenomenal with United. Should 3 games outweigh 38?

Hazard and Courtois were absolutely horrific with Chelsea last season. Should 6 games outweigh 38?

Messi had an abysmal WC campaign. Does that mean he's bang average? Ronaldo had a horrific WC in 2014, does that mean he's a fraud? James had an amazing WC in 2014, does that mean he's elite? And if so, why did we loan him out to Bayern and why are the Germans so keen on letting him go?

Let's get one thing straight, the WC is a great stage to test players, but it's not the only one nor is it the most accurate one.

De Gea is elite, there's no shadow of doubt about it. I can't say the same thing about Courtois with the same level of certainty.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Can't wait in a couple of years Madrid fans will say Courtois is one of the great GK of all time.

I remember how you guys used to call Luka Modric overrated, only rated by premface blah blah.

Courtois is a great goalkeeper, he has as good of a case for best in the world as anyone.

First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:56 pm

Messi had an abysmal WC ? You have mud on your eyes or what ?

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:58 pm

You think Messi had a good WC this year and I'm the one with mud on my eyes? Right on, friendo! Keep smoking whatever you're smoking.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:59 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:De Gea was absolutely horrendous in the WC and absolutely phenomenal with United. Should 3 games outweigh 38?

Hazard and Courtois were absolutely horrific with Chelsea last season. Should 6 games outweigh 38?

Messi had an abysmal WC campaign. Does that mean he's bang average? Ronaldo had a horrific WC in 2014, does that mean he's a fraud? James had an amazing WC in 2014, does that mean he's elite? And if so, why did we loan him out to Bayern and why are the Germans so keen on letting him go?

Let's get one thing straight, the WC is a great stage to test players, but it's not the only one nor is it the most accurate one.

De Gea is elite, there's no shadow of doubt about it. I can't say the same thing about Courtois with the same level of certainty.

Apparently you think Navas is better than Courtois. So I guess you don't value the league at all. He was terrible all year, and then was a miracle against Bayern which somehow erased everyone's memories.

I'll go with the much younger Courtois who can actually defend crosses.

hmm:
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Phenomenal with United? Lol he made the same numpty mistakes in CL. He is allergic to pressure lol

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:20 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:Phenomenal with United? Lol he made the same numoty mistakes in CL. He is allergic to pressure lol

He plays for Manchester United, he doesn't have to worry about being relevant in the CL
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:24 pm

Courtois is a step up from Keylor, younger, and 35m is a good deal no matter how you look at it.

Not, the deal we needed, but it was good business nonetheless.

I hope Keylor stays on, he's a great influence on the team and is a huuuuuuge step up from Casilla
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:40 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@The Demon of Carthage wrote:De Gea was absolutely horrendous in the WC and absolutely phenomenal with United. Should 3 games outweigh 38?

Apparently you think Navas is better than Courtois. So I guess you don't value the league at all. He was terrible all year, and then was a miracle against Bayern which somehow erased everyone's memories.

I'll go with the much younger Courtois who can actually defend crosses.
Only to be nutmegged by Parejo

No thanks, give me Keylord any day. Just like Ronaldo his performances grew in the season and by the end was making impossible saves left right and center. I have lost count how many times an attacker was left 1v1 with him and he still managed to save them. The goalie position is the LEAST of our worries. But of course we have been obsessed with replacing ever since he was signed.

Never goes a summer mercato without hearing we'll sell him and buy someone. Imagine if he and Bend were reversed and Benz was the one who had to fight for his spot Rolling Eyes i have a feeling we are going to rue ZZs departure more than Ronaldo. We are already signing players I am sure without the coach's say so. ZZ famously vetoed signings that he didn't believe in. DeGea, Kepa etc etc
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Keylor is done, why would Lopetegui be against signing Courtois lol. He has been working in valdebebas for a straight month of course he knows what's going on

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:51 pm

A months? Laughing try 3 days. Lope like the players has been on vacation. No meetings with Sanchez like ZZ used fo have

The better question is why would Lopetegui want Courtois? Why would he want to disrupt the squad harmony in his first season?

I would understand if Keylord was Kariusing his way through the season but there is absolutely no need for it other than age

The most glaring position in need of an upgrade is the CF position and I can bet any money we won't be getting a new CF. I wonder whether that's also been ok:ed by Lope. You have to be very naive to think Lope has any say in any transfers that happens this summer. Maybe if we win the treble he'll have some say next season
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:58 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:

I would understand if Keylord was Kariusing his way through the season

hmm:
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:05 pm

There's plenty more where that came from

I get it. You want him sold because you don't like him. But you're advocating for a goalie who's probably worse than him. If it was Schmeichel i could get on board but not for anyone else

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:07 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:A months? Laughing try 3 days. Lope like the players has been on vacation. No meetings with Sanchez like ZZ used fo have

The better question is why would Lopetegui want Courtois? Why would he want to disrupt the squad harmony in his first season?

I would understand if Keylord was Kariusing his way through the season but there is absolutely no need for it other than age

The most glaring position in need of an upgrade is the CF position and I can bet any money we won't be getting a new CF. I wonder whether that's also been ok:ed by Lope. You have to be very naive to think Lope has any say in any transfers that happens this summer. Maybe if we win the treble he'll have some say next season
you should read the the spanish press more. He has been working at valdebebas since he was presented and only took a week off last week before coming back for start of preseason.

Keylor leaving is not going to impact the balance of our locker room lol

Not only that but Lopetegui is the coach, he is not the sporting director. It's the sporting director's job to build a squad which fits his coach's style. The coach helps in the decision making of who to sign.

So we have a board + Jose Angel Sanchez and Perez deciding what direction the club should move towards and they sign players accordingly. The coach will recommend players and give his input here and there but why would Lopetegui not want to sign Courtois when he is better than navas? lol

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:09 pm

Part of the reason why we didn't get DeGea was because all the captains and ZZ stood behind Keylord. Of course it's going to affect the squad

Oh and Courtois is not better than Navas. Maybe in an alternate universe where every player we're linked with is better than the pkayer we have. Like how Danilo and Odriozola are better than Carvajal etc etc Laughing

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:11 pm

Part of the reason why we didn't get De Gea is a fax machine

hmm:
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:15 pm

@Freeza wrote:Part of the reason why we didn't get De Gea is a fax machine
Which was the last time the club decided signings for the coach. Because on came ZZ and restored order. Now that ZZ has left they are back with their shenanigans

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:16 pm

oh Hala, you do get me, don't you Proud

Perez with them diversions; trying to distract us from the fact that we don't have a reliable CF by making two absolutely unnecessary signings.

Selling Ronaldo and replacing him with Hazard and Courtois - almost as dumb as selling Makelélé and replacing him with Beckham.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:
Which was the last time the club decided signings for the coach. Because on came ZZ and restored order. Now that ZZ has left they are back with their shenanigans

Yeah because us not buying anyone last season worked out well in the league. We were an absolute disgrace all season because Zidane didn't want any players.

hmm:
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:20 pm

Ronaldo asked to leave when we refused to pay him 50 mil net per year, Perez let him go. do you think it was the wrong decision?

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:21 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@halamadrid2 wrote:

Yeah because us not buying anyone last season worked out well in the league. We were an absolute disgrace all season because Zidane didn't want any players.

worst of all, he ran away from the difficult job that was rebuilding the team this summer people his mental guru shit had stopped working. gee me a break

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next