El Gunner
Jay29
EL Patron
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1] Empty Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1]

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:37 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/sep_15/gun__1442323179_15915-TRAINING-711-2.jpg

Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal
Wednesday 16th September: 19:45 BST
Stadion Maksimir

So, we start our CL campaign against Dinamo Zagreb away. It's already been an eventful season so far but things have started to look a bit calm as we get adjusted to the new season. Obviously Europe is a different playground to PL and our attitude should be different as well. One thing Arsenal are really good at (touch wood) is playing away in group stages of the CL. We are actually tactically quite decent and do enough to get 3 points. Zagreb shouldn't be any different.

Big news from today's conference was that both Bellerin and Ramsey are being rested (I assume that's code for they are both out for 1-2 months) so our team will be interesting for tomorrow. Knowing Arsene, he is going to start Cazorla at LW and play Arteta-Coquelin in midfield. Ideally you would want Sanchez-Giroud-Walcott upfront with Coquelin-Cazorla-Ozil midfield but will Arsene be that daring?

Expecting this team

----------------------------Cech--------------------------
Debuchy-------Koscielny----------Gabriel----------Monreal
------------------Arteta---------Coquelin------------------
Sanchez------------------Ozil-------------------------Cazorla
-------------------------Giroud------------------------------

Dinamo Zagreb might field this team(honestly no idea how legit)

--------------------------Eduardo(Not dudu)-------------------------------
Pivaric-------Sigali----------------Taravel-----------------Pinto(not the GK)
--------------Machado--------Antolic------------Rog-----------------------
Fernandes-------------------Henrique----------------------Pjaca

Match Facts

-Arsenal have scored at least 2 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
-There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Dinamo Zagreb's last 3 games in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
-Dinamo Zagreb are undefeated in their last 6 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
-Dinamo Zagreb have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).

Should win this. But no idea if it's going to be an easy match or difficult. Hoping for a difficult match personally. Want a last second winner.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1] Empty Re: Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1]

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:55 pm

This is our chance to not only rotate some of our 1st team players but also to give the rest of the team some minutes and a boost in confidence.

I'm really surprised that Ramsey was left at home, in my opinion a ridiculous idea unless he's injured. Now Cazorla HAS to start if we plan to actually win the game.

Cech
Debuchy Chambers Gabriel Gibbs
Arteta Ramsey
Chamberlain Özil Alexis
Giroud

This would've been my team if Ramsey was with the team, Cazorla in for Ramsey now that he isn't.

Quite frankly a irrelevant game for us, we need everyone fresh for Chelsea, I won't accept any excuse like injuries/fatigue because Wenger has the chance to rest everyone here.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1] Empty Re: Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1]

Post by EL Patron Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:11 pm

After what happened with Anderlecht last year, i'd be wary of any inferior teams we play against in the champions league. We need a better performance from the so called fringe players who come in tomorrow. I understand that its not easy to come in straight away and perform but this is their opportunity to give Arsene something to think about.

I hope we are more clinical in this game, with all the chances we have created and wasted so far this season. You can't help but think that someone is due a tonking sooner or later, hopefully its Zagreb tomorrow

Last edited by EL Patron on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:27 pm

The temptation is to heavily rotate but we can't underestimate Zagreb. We've made hard work of these games in the past.

Debuchy and Ox will come in, presumably. I would rest Koscielny and give Mertesacker a game as he's apparently lacking match fitness. I'd be hesitant to make any more changes to the backline.

I'd like to see Walcott start again. He needs that consistency of selection so he can put a scoring run together.

So my team:

Cech; Debuchy, Mertesacker, Gabriel, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla; Chamberlain, Ozil, Alexis; Walcott

Subs: Ospina, Koscielny, Chambers, Gibbs, Arteta, Campbell, Giroud

The COC game against Spurs coming up would be a better chance to rotate.

The ideal scenario is that we find our clinical touch, put Zagreb to the sword within 60/70 minutes, then take Cazorla, Ozil and Alexis off.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:43 pm

To be honest the CL doesn't interest me aside from the Bayern games, even if we get through the groups I have no faith of us getting past the quarter finals. What do we win if we get past the groups? More money which we won't spend.

I'm sure our 2nd team can deal with Dinamo Zagreb who could barely get past KF Skenderbeu to get here. And even if they can't it's no big deal, we can still finish 2nd above Olympiakos but I'd rather we don't and give it a go in the Europa League instead.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:29 pm

Honestly hoping for an easy win. It's time for Ox to produce away from home.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Easy wins are overrated imo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Too much hard wins lately, it's about time we get a lovely, Wengerball, 4-0 performance
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:27 am

soudani not playing, lolwut rg? he's probably their best attacker
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:30 am

He did say he doesn't know how legit.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Good work RG.

Time to unleash the OX. I am not taking any team lightly when it comes to Arsenal, we have a reputation of making teams better than they are and their goalies become Superman.
Would be nice to give few players a rest but with so many injuries and Wenger hating rotation its highly unlikely.

An easy win would be great confidence booster for the weekend clash.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Dinamo Zagreb coach Zoran Mamic

I have watched Arsenal in many games,' he said in a pre-match press conference. 'I went to see them against Stoke this weekend and I got the impression they were playing in second or third gear, and should have won 10-0!
Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1] 2C56CC7C00000578-0-image-a-34_1442326135202
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:51 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:soudani not playing, lolwut rg? he's probably their best attacker

Got that team from whoscored lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1] CPCtu4WWsAAifOC

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Wonder where Mertesacker is hmm

Changed full backs but the centre back pairing is the same, so that's fine. Arteta and Giroud in for Coquelin and Walcott; chance for Giroud to stake a claim for the Chelsea game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:50 pm

Very good team imo, just wish Ramsey was available in Cazorla's place.

No injuries pls.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:04 pm

That is one bold team
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:That is one bold team

also what I was thinking when I saw it..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Central midfield lacking legs hopefully wont be problematic
COYG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:17 pm

The only surprise is Ospina starting really, pretty much the team I expected.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm glad we are rotating but I can't help but feel like maybe we should have played today's team against stoke and the team we played against stoke today
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:53 pm

That's quite a solid team tbf.

Imagine if we had Welbeck/Wilshere/Rozza/Kondogbia/Krychowiak available.

Fullbacks' change is a nice surprise tho.

Let's do this!
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1] G1361217153589016449

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Funny thing is Zagreb din't even have to work hard for that, not sure if I am actually watching Arsenal or just a bunch of guys disguised as our players. Even a pub team would have done better, collectively and individually its the worse i have seen us in the last 5 years. What kind of rubbish was that Shocked
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:44 pm

This is pure BS

I'm enable to comprehend how we started (again) the season with just 1 striker. A striker who would play as 2nd or even 3rd choice at nearly every top club.

Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum