El Gunner
Jay29
EL Patron
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1] - Page 3 Empty Re: Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1]

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:15 pm

Definitely disappointed in Ox. Been poor with England aswell.

I thought Joel Campbell was OK from the "depth" players, he has some fighting spirit in him.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1] - Page 3 Empty Re: Dinamo Zagreb Vs Arsenal [Champions League M1]

Post by EL Patron Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:25 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Definitely disappointed in Ox. Been poor with England aswell.

I thought Joel Campbell was OK from the "depth" players, he has some fighting spirit in him.

I thought I was the only one, Theo and Ramsey are definitely ahead of him for that right wing spot and rightly so. One of the issues with him is when he can't beat his men he is fairly limited to what he brings on the pitch. He will make poor decisions, turn over possession, ruin attacking moves. He seems unable to link up or interchange with the players around him. On top of that his end product isn't that good. If he could get us a goal or an assist here and there then we could put up him but he can't so its difficult to see being a starter.

At the moment, he is more of a counter attacking player or an option off the bench when defences are tired because he hinders us too much.

Last edited by EL Patron on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:26 pm

lol you guys realise none of those would've been yellows in the BPL for Giroud. Genuinely dislike European refs.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:30 pm

El Gunner wrote:lol you guys realise none of those would've been yellows in the BPL for Giroud. Genuinely dislike European refs.

What exactly are you trying to prove here? Laughing

This is the CL lad, this donkey game played by PL clubs is not accepted in any other league or competition.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm saying those weren't yellow cards. Maybe the first, I can understand that. But the second was crazy. The challenge was lame yes, but first of all that wasn't even dangerous in the slightest. And I don't remember Giroud fouling between his yellow cards, so what ever happened to 'warnings' and a 'talking off'. Crazy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:37 pm

The ref was probably annoyed by Giroud's constant unnecessary moaning.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:43 pm

Regardless, it doesn't matter now. We played shit and we deserved to lose. It was obvious the players appraoched this game with a mentality that it would be easy, also doesn't help so many changes, it's like we couldn't string more than 2 passes together in the final third.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:57 pm

Same old story, embarrassing. Giroud dont give a shit, there is no competition for his spot. Wenger will start him on the weekend to make him feel better, after all he is his favorite son. We should have smashed this team even with 10 men, I dont think we respect our opponents all, dont think Wenger prepares them or games anymore. Our problems have been with us for longer than Giroud has been here, its in Wengers blood.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:59 pm

More venting/nit-picking, just to get it out my system:

Why did we wait until the 65th minute to make changes? We need a goal, we've got Walcott on the bench - get him on as soon as you can. There was no point giving Arteta another 15 minutes. He wasn't going to magically start dictating things in that time.

I really wish Ozil could finish.

I really dislike our set-up and how we play and how imbalanced our squad is, but then I've thought that for a while now. This game just reminded me why.

Gerrard has really started well as a pundit by saying that Arsenal STILL need a world class centre back.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:09 pm

The sad part of this game, we will kickstart Chelsea season on the weekend.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:10 pm

- 1st our best defensive unit is Cech- Bellerin- Gabriel- Kozz- Monreal, Debuchy offered little upfront and Gibbs defends not as good Monreal.
- Our midfield shape depends entirely on partnership between Santi and Coq. Missing one of those components and our tempo is out of the window.
- Tough time for Giroud, I fully expect Theo starts this weekend, dissapoints ( Chelsea after all) and we're back with Giroud the week after. Dont think we can nail this position down, not because they compete but because they're hot and cold.
- we still have a chance but playing like this wont convince anyone
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:10 pm

lol a CB is the last thing we need. Gabriel was outstanding.

We massively missed Ramsey today. Shows how important he has become.

Bellerin is a definite starter now. Debuchy is gone in Jan.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:24 am

So 4141 like city away style or 4231 with Ramsey back in center vs chelsea?
or usual set up with coq-caz in 4231?in which case i wouldnt mind getting battered so we totally abandon this set up once for all
sigh

fully expect chelsea to have one of their best performances of the season
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:30 am

No doubt Chelsea will beat us. No Reverse Jinx or bullshit. At best it will be a draw which honestly would be like a win Laughing

after rotating so heavily, losing will be even worse.

But, we need to play the same team as we did against Stoke. Ramsey is a must wherever he plays. Giroud needs to train with U12s.

--------------------Cech----------------------
Bellerin-------Koscielny--Gabriel*--------Monreal
-------------Coquelin----Cazorla--------------
Ramsey-------------Ozil----------------Sanchez
--------------------Walcott----------------------

If Merte isn't fit. Which I don't think he will?

Also don't really want to start Cazorla after tonight but surely he can be mobile against Fabregas and Matic?

Not that we have any other option.

Wilshere Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:58 am

There are reports Olympiakos have started appeal for Giroud red card at half time.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:13 am

'Arsenal is one of the best teams who ever played here and they did exactly what we agreed they would do,' said Mamic. 'We thought it would be very important to close the middle, to stop the fast passes.
'That's what we did and it's nothing new. We have already seen other teams who beat Arsenal use the same tactics. This is a good way to beat them. Laughing
'Arsenal has top four top international players, and other top players compared to Dinamo, but they are not world class. We just concentrated in not letting them come to the ball. It was probably one our best games tactically.'

No sure why we have a manager? Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:19 am

Just read Zagreb hasn't won in the last 16 years in CL group stage, way to go Arsenal.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:14 am

When you go down to 10 men, everything evens out. Giroud going out on 40 minutes made this an even matchup with Zagreb having a late edge because teams invariably get tired playing with 10 men... especially in a CL game.

This wasn't normal circumstances. Calm down lol. I saw PSG lose a 2 goal lead last season to Caen (relegation team) in Paris when they lost players to injury and went down to 10 men and then 9 right at the end.

Calma.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:57 am

Nah sport we played like shit. We actually did better with 10 men, especially at the begining of 2nd half and when Theo came in, I guess that's when they woke up.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Mach Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:49 am

Guess the issue is not only this match but with the team & AW's management in general.

Ranting and moaning aside,even if we take a saner perspective and rewind the last 5 years to jot down all of Arsenal's problems it's going to be the same again,again and again.

- Tactically Naive/Lack of a proper system.
- Lack of an alternate plan.
- Poor substitutions.
- Team never has appropriate depth.

This has been Arsenal or rather AW's problems throughout the last 5-9 years.Even if we had different issues we can at least say he's trying something.But no,We still concede from set pieces like we used to do 3 seasons ago.

Has our decent defending in set-pieces got to do with Per?
Unfortunate he was involved in a car accident otherwise he could've started against Zagreb.

The FBs were god-awful so much so that I hope we tie Monreal onto a long-term contract.Debuchy in all probability will be sold next summer.May seem knee-jerk but he's been consistently awful whenever he plays.I know injuries have played a large part in this but when despite all your experience,you make amateurish mistakes then it's got nothing to do with injuries and it means he's been awful.

AW cannot be blamed for resting players but it's unfortunate that the replacements in the line-up were bad.All the 6 changes made were totally totally poor.

Ox needs to start grabbing these chances especially coz Ramsey will continue to play RW and further if AW wants to include Theo and G-Rude then Ox will have to sit out.He has to know further realize the loanees are doing good too.Needs to utilize whatever opportunity he has been afforded with.

As for the substitutions,when will AW ever to learn to sub at the right time?

He probably thinks subs to waste time and to give return from injury/fringe players game time.He never considers substitutions to be a part of tactics and gives it as much importance as he gives for the opponents' tactics.He still feels opponents will go into a daze seeing his Wengerball and allow his players to run rings around others.

As for the goals,the first goal was so awful to even watch.watch. Debuchy with such an amateur mistake.I remember Bellerin doing something similar vs BvB in his UCL debut. This guy for all his experience makes such silly mistakes and the fellow was a defender so the question of expert positioning is also ruled out.And is it only me or does Ox need to improve his defending in general?
Seems to always get caught in the wrong place at the wrong times on the wrong side of the pitch almost always.

With G-Rude and Theo,we can easily have two different systems a la Plan A and Plan B but we seem to be having only one half-baked plan and seem to be putting Theo in it.AW puts all his creative players in the pitch and expects them to do something I guess.

Welbeck's injury couldn't have come at a wrong time I guess.He could've probably started today as teams in UCL don't usually play PTB and Wele could've been of good use today if not for his injury.

At least we've got some half baked options for CF but for DM we've got Arteta and Flamini.Believe AW screwed up by not signing a DM when there were decent options available.Hope it doesn't end up biting our behind.Hopefully AW can do a Gabriel this January for DM too.
T-Mach
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:48 am

Raptorgunner wrote:There are reports Olympiakos have started appeal for Giroud red card at half time.
Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:50 am

Add "not respecting our opponent's enough" to the list of chronic issues:

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/arsenal-didn-t-show-us-enough-respect-say-dinamo-zagreb-stars

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:01 pm

ArtetaWe have to recover the best we can and start to prepare for the game because we only have 48 hours,'

I cant believe Wenger still thinks Arteta is a DM.Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
'Arsenal is one of the best teams who ever played here and they did exactly what we agreed they would do,' said Mamic. 'We thought it would be very important to close the middle, to stop the fast passes.
'That's what we did and it's nothing new. We have already seen other teams who beat Arsenal use the same tactics. This is a good way to beat them. Laughing
'Arsenal has top four top international players, and other top players compared to Dinamo, but they are not world class. We just concentrated in not letting them come to the ball. It was probably one our best games tactically.'

No sure why we have a manager? Laughing

This is bad. When Dinamo Zagreb's manager has figured you out you know things are not looking good.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:12 pm

The only thing would make this loss better is if, we have a good game and lose respectfully to Chelsea or by some a miracle we tie.banana
Anyone notice Wenger didn't say we will bounce back? he knows Chelsea is next. The last time Wenger played early game against Chelsea we lost 6-0. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:01 pm

People are seriously over-analyzing this result. Yes we were bad, but we were also down to 10 men in a champions league game due to an atrocious referee. With 10 men, we had more of the ball and only lost by 1 goal, with 1 of Zagreb's goals being scored by Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Even if Wenger made 11 changes, if the referee didn't send off Giroud, we obviously would have won and nobody would be complaining. There's about 0% chance that the club won't make it to the round of 16 given Zagreb will probably pick up very few points from here on out and Olympiacos lost its first game as well. This is an embarrassing moment but it's not a crisis and will make no difference in the end since we were always likely going to finish 2nd to Bayern.

We can talk about how Zagreb 'found us out' and all this nonsense and how certain players were piss-poor, or how we started slow when we did have 11 men, but take it with a pinch of salt. This is NOT a crisis and treating it as such is just going to drive you mad for no reason.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3