It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by RealGunner on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:06 pm

I know me, BC, and other Argentines constantly support him but he gets way too much hate IMO. Undeserved most of the time.


He is quietly rebuilding his career after the dog abuse he got at coppa america.


avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 72143
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Casciavit on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Elite strikers don't constantly choke in the most important games.


Last edited by Casciavit on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5925
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by urbaNRoots on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Fantastic technique for the goal tonight with his weaker foot against a great GK in a big match.

Contributed a lot in the build up play and also pressed from the front often to steal the ball away.

_________________
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 13968
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Cruijf on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:29 pm

He's a very good striker, but I think it's been proven time and time again that he's not elite (on the level of Benz, Suarez, Lewa, etc).

_________________
"People say football is life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more important than that."
avatar
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3158
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Arquitescu on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm

Higuain has been ridiculously cherry-picked on failing on some moments to which have equally also been replicated in him performing in big games against big teams. Best example was the CA final in which this forum chastised him for a chance that was out of his physical reach and failed to note his positioning within that chance.

Courtesy of the Madrid: Benzema v Higuain debate that has raged on within GL for years, his some underwhelming performances against big moments have been magnified on this forum given it has been used as a consistent crux in support of the debate in favour for Benzema, hence why it all his failures in some big matches are far far more scrutinized then other strikers as it is similar to Zlatan's failures in some CL matches despite his record and countless performances within the CL.

People who watch Higuain regularly will note since his move to Napoli, he has become far more than just an in box striker and has turned into very complete CF who uses both feet regularly to assist, create and hold the ball to bring in a flat midfield into play that has been the crux of a Napoli forward line under Rafa and Saari. This is a man with an average midfield like Napoli has taken the game upon his shoulder numerous times and quite frankly is heavily underrated on this forum.

Yes, he must perform in some bigger moments such as that penalty in the CA and be more consistent within certain moments in bigger stages yet the balance that tips against him is just ruthless and quite frankly uncalled for.

Easily a World Class centre forward.

_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 7795
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by farfan on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:46 pm

@Arquitescu wrote:Higuain has been ridiculously cherry-picked on failing on some moments to which have equally also been replicated in him performing in big games against big teams. Best example was the CA final in which this forum chastised him for a chance that was out of his physical reach and failed to note his positioning within that chance.

Courtesy of the Madrid: Benzema v Higuain debate that has raged on within GL for years, his some underwhelming performances against big moments have been magnified on this forum given it has been used as a consistent crux in support of the debate in favour for Benzema, hence why it all his failures in some big matches are far far more scrutinized then other strikers as it is similar to Zlatan's failures in some CL matches despite his record and countless performances within the CL.

People who watch Higuain regularly will note since his move to Napoli, he has become far more than just an in box striker and has turned into very complete CF who uses both feet regularly to assist, create and hold the ball to bring in a flat midfield into play that has been the crux of a Napoli forward line under Rafa and Saari. This is a man with an average midfield like Napoli has taken the game upon his shoulder numerous times and quite frankly is heavily underrated on this forum.

Yes, he must perform in some bigger moments such as that penalty in the CA and be more consistent within certain moments in bigger stages yet the balance that tips against him is just ruthless and quite frankly uncalled for.

Easily a World Class centre forward.


look who's back . Shocked
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3966
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by farfan on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:50 pm

i don't think anyone doubted Higuain's  abilities as a striker, people always criticized him for chocking in the big stage .
how many goals in the CL ? how many goals in a gazilion classicos ? how many missed one on ones in decisive games ?   CA final , WC final , play off against Bilbao , penalty against Lazio for the CL spot last year , open goal miss vs Lyon , one on one miss vs Dortmund etc..
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3966
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by ES on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:34 pm

Arq ffs start posting again you pos

_________________
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBw6clXXUAEOMJI.jpg
avatar
ES
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18859
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Valkyrja on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:41 pm

@Arquitescu wrote:Higuain has been ridiculously cherry-picked on failing on some moments to which have equally also been replicated in him performing in big games against big teams. Best example was the CA final in which this forum chastised him for a chance that was out of his physical reach and failed to note his positioning within that chance.

Courtesy of the Madrid: Benzema v Higuain debate that has raged on within GL for years, his some underwhelming performances against big moments have been magnified on this forum given it has been used as a consistent crux in support of the debate in favour for Benzema, hence why it all his failures in some big matches are far far more scrutinized then other strikers as it is similar to Zlatan's failures in some CL matches despite his record and countless performances within the CL.

People who watch Higuain regularly will note since his move to Napoli, he has become far more than just an in box striker and has turned into very complete CF who uses both feet regularly to assist, create and hold the ball to bring in a flat midfield into play that has been the crux of a Napoli forward line under Rafa and Saari. This is a man with an average midfield like Napoli has taken the game upon his shoulder numerous times and quite frankly is heavily underrated on this forum.

Yes, he must perform in some bigger moments such as that penalty in the CA and be more consistent within certain moments in bigger stages yet the balance that tips against him is just ruthless and quite frankly uncalled for.

Easily a World Class centre forward.

The pre-hernia Higuaín was that.

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9694
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by DeviAngel on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:33 am

Never was and never will be for me personally

_________________
:coffee: Thumbs up  I don't worry , I am sexy !  Thumbs up   :coffee:

"I do not want the # 10 kit to be retired. It wouldn’t be right. When I was a child I dreamed of being able to wear it one day, and I would like others to do the same. There must plenty of little kids with the same dream I once had. "
avatar
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21152
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 117

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:15 am

De i why do you not rate your twin brother?

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 21376
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by McLewis on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:45 am

Tend to agree with Devi. He looked excellent against Juve's B team honestly, but was cack when they were at their best in past seasons. He's stat padded against us too in the past due to our defense being shite as well.

What makes an elite level striker is that they always find a way to get the ball in the back of net, no matter what it takes. I'm not sure Higuain is at that level.....yet.

_________________
avatar
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 9226
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Natalie Portman on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:47 am

@DeviAngel wrote:Never was and never will be for me personally


He's basically you with 1000000x the money.

Don't be jelly bro :coffee:

_________________
Here to exchange ideas.

If you're here to throw personal insults, be a man and do it in person.
avatar
Natalie Portman
NOT actually a woman

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 5137
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by LeBéninois on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:43 am

He's a top striker but I'd not trust him in a big game. Talent wise he '' deserves '' better than Napoli tho.

_________________
"Form is temporary 4th is permanent" Arsene Wenger
avatar
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3883
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by zizzle on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:52 am

The Napoli that should be in the CL if it wasnt for his failure ?

_________________
avatar
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:40 am

@LeBéninois wrote:He's a top striker but I'd not trust him in a big game. Talent wise he '' deserves '' better than Napoli tho.


Scored against Juventus yesterday, twice against Lazio last week, scored again twice in the Super Cup against Juventus (plus scored his penalty), scored against Fiorentina, Roma, Lazio home and away twice, against Inter, against Milan. Before that when Napoli were in the big stage, in 5 games he scored 4 goals in the group of death including Arsenal and Dortmund. And I'm ignoring the several big games where Higuain has contributed with excellent build up play, movement and assists.

This myth should stop. Higuain has performed in the big games for 2 almost 3 years now. (Apart from when he plays with Argentina, except that Messi, Aguero, Tevez are all the same).

@zizzle wrote:The Napoli that should be in the CL if it wasnt for his failure ?


Bullshit.

Higuain put a crap Napoli in that position in the first place, they didn't deserve CL.
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 13968
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Andrew on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Is he better than Benzema though ?

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Parma FC
Posts : 1071
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by LeVersacci on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:27 pm


_________________
avatar
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12071
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by farfan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:29 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@LeBéninois wrote:He's a top striker but I'd not trust him in a big game. Talent wise he '' deserves '' better than Napoli tho.


Scored against Juventus yesterday, twice against Lazio last week, scored again twice in the Super Cup against Juventus (plus scored his penalty), scored against Fiorentina, Roma, Lazio home and away twice, against Inter, against Milan. Before that when Napoli were in the big stage, in 5 games he scored 4 goals in the group of death including Arsenal and Dortmund. And I'm ignoring the several big games where Higuain has contributed with excellent build up play, movement and assists.

This myth should stop. Higuain has performed in the big games for 2 almost 3 years now. (Apart from when he plays with Argentina, except that Messi, Aguero, Tevez are all the same).

@zizzle wrote:The Napoli that should be in the CL if it wasnt for his failure ?


Bullshit.

Higuain put a crap Napoli in that position in the first place, they didn't deserve CL.


scoring against the likes of roma and Juve in mid season doesn't exactly dispel "the myth" . Laughing
what about his extensive record of flopping in the CL and in classicos with Madrid ? what about the horrible miss against Bilbao in the CL play off l? the missed penalty vs Lazio ? his horrendous misses against dortmund in the 3-1 defeat that proved decisive in knocking Napoli out of the competition ?

just because he scored in some mickey mouse cups and some mid-season games doesn't mean he's not a serial chock artist under pressure .
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3966
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:35 pm

4 goals in 5 games the last time he was in the CL and that in the the group of death.

Goals against the CL finalist and CL level team Roma not relevant rofl

Whatever floats your boat.
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 13968
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by farfan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:39 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:4 goals in 5 games the last time he was in the CL and that in the the group of death.

so ? he still flopped in Dortmund which proved costly .

and what about his performance last year in the semis against Dnipro or whatever they're called ? every time expectations were high and pressure was on the team to deliver ,he failed .
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3966
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by farfan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:42 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:

Whatever floats your boat.


do i need to explain that the pressure of a CL KO match , a decisive play off , a world cup final etc... is much higher and challenging that some game against juventus in match day 18 ?
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3966
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Andrew_p wrote:Is he better than Benzema though ?
Please refrain from de-railing this thread

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 21376
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Freeza on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:46 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Andrew_p wrote:Is he better than Benzema though ?
Please refrain from de-railing this thread


Maybe he thinks Benzema is at the bottom of elite, and Higuain needs to better than the worst elite striker. Therefor it's relevant to this thread hmm

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 13459
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:49 pm

Wow so Higuain should be blamed for a game in which Napoli were obviously robbed Laughing

And you chose to ignore that it was Higuain's goals who put Napoli in the semi in the first place.

_________________
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 13968
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum