It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:40 pm

@chad4401 wrote:Hans no need for logic in a higuain circle jerk, benz hating and "chad" taunting.

Isn't that hypocritical coming from you, who still leads the "Higuain is a choker" circle jerk-- nearly 4 years after Higuain left Real Madrid?

urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:45 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:How long before Chad reacts to this? Very Happy

Can you be anymore of a suck up? You don't know crap about footy in the least, show me Carlo quotes about bale second season, he always praise players regardless, love watching you guys proving how much my posts bothers your lot.

First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:55 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@chad4401 wrote:Hans no need for logic in a higuain circle jerk, benz hating and "chad" taunting.

Isn't that hypocritical coming from you, who still leads the "Higuain is a choker" circle jerk-- nearly 4 years after Higuain left Real Madrid?

How is it hypocritical? I don't even care about higuain, only call him a choker to bother his fanboys who can't get over him being gone and lose their shit every time benz miss.

We all know hala,adit,val, doc.. Etc are all higuain fanboys and use every opportunity to bash benz, to justify that higs sale was a mistake, yet everybody acts like that not the case, when it very obvious, so no nothing hypocritical about my posts.

Hala just said it again in his post ffs but as usual this forum is filled with sheep so it gets overlooked.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:15 pm

I find it unfair, hypocritical and borderline dishonest that a president would sell players without checking with his manager first, then hold them accountable for not winning as much as he would've liked.

Having said that, I also blame Carlo for being "fine" with it. If there's one thing I've hated more than Florentino's dictatorship, it's the managers who succumbed to it.

Is the job more important to you than your own dignity? Anyone with a shred of self-respect should quit the second a higher-up makes a big decision against their will.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:24 pm

For the very least, Carlo recognises the elite level Higuain has reach. Waiting for GL to accept such things. It's coming along since Juve fans finally accepted it but more progress is needed.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Goat striker invisible as shit vs brazil, not even single a highlight Laughing, as usual fanboys gotta wait until he boss random shit team A or B.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:44 pm

What am curious is what on earth Benzema has done to deserve such an ardent and loyal fan, I mean he is very talented no doubt about that but imo aside from displaying voyeuristic tendancies he is yet to prove what he can do that other decent CFs can't.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga on Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:57 pm

@chad4401 wrote:Goat striker invisible as shit vs brazil, not even single a highlight Laughing, as usual fanboys gotta wait until he boss random shit team A or B.

Sounds very much like Ronaldo ...
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:53 pm

@chad4401 wrote:Goat striker invisible as shit vs brazil, not even single a highlight Laughing, as usual fanboys gotta wait until he boss random shit team A or B.

You mean to say, Higuain, the forward, had a bad showing in a 3-0 beating against Brazil away?

It's almost inconceivable to imagine that any player for Argentina was below par given the result.

Another revelation from Chad, you sure you haven't considered a personal thread for your various findings? At least invest in a journal, don't let these thoughts go to waste.

Luca
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:46 am

Is he? Really?
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:52 am

He may possess the ability that characterizes an elite striker, but I'm not convinced that he's shaken off his fragile mentality, which has earned him a reputation for being an erratic, sometimes unreliable striker.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:31 pm

Of course he is. Great in the last 3 seasons, record-breakingly good in the last one, great in every game for Juve so far except one or two when paired with Mandzukic.
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:45 pm

Most of this anti Pipita goes back to his Real Madrid days. It seems most posters at that time felt that we had two of the best CFs in the game, but it didn't make sense to have both on the same team as there wasn't enough playing time for both of them.

That's when the Madrid camp were (permanently) divided. Those pro Benz and those pro higuain. The story goes that Benz won the battle, but the reality is that difficult back injury and subsequent surgery is why Pepito lost out.

Since then, every mistake by either of them is highlighted by the appropriate anti camp. There is simply no acceptance of both (by so called Madridistas).

But I believe the reality is both are very good CFs, but I also believe that neither of them are elite. I would put Ibra (although he has declined), Suarez, Lewandowski and Aguero as elite.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:47 pm

What makes Aguero elite compared to Pipita and Benz ? Laughing

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:47 pm

What he has done consistently at both Atleti and City. Neither one of Benz nor Pepito have been anywhere near that consistent.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:19 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:Most of this anti Pipita goes back to his Real Madrid days. It seems most posters at that time felt that we had two of the best CFs in the game, but it didn't make sense to have both on the same team as there wasn't enough playing time for both of them.

That's when the Madrid camp were (permanently) divided. Those pro Benz and those pro higuain. The story goes that Benz won the battle, but the reality is that difficult back injury and subsequent surgery is why Pepito lost out.

Since then, every mistake by either of them is highlighted by the appropriate anti camp. There is simply no acceptance of both (by so called Madridistas).

But I believe the reality is both are very good CFs, but I also believe that neither of them are elite. I would put Ibra (although he has declined), Suarez, Lewandowski and Aguero as elite.

While I used to defend Benzema a lot, for what I considered criticism that was uncalled for, following a string of underwhelming performances, I have no doubt in my mind that Higuaín outshone him in pretty much every aspect of their performances when they were both at the club. One distinctive difference between them was that Híguain would consistently either choke or just not get involved at all in the Champions League. Benzema, on the other hand, seemed to always step up his game in this competition, for some reason, and I was under the impression that he was ultimately favored over Híguain for that particular reason.

I have actually always been a fan of both, but for different reasons. I know certain individuals on here have denied that Benzema had a tough start to his career at Madrid, but he undoubtedly did. His relatively low work rate, lack of chemistry with his team mates, seemingly lack of confidence and being prone to error/clumsiness are some of the things that I associate with his first 1-2 seasons at the club (I think I'm being generous here). A substantial portion of the fan base wanted him out after a disappointing start to his Madrid career, and I can at least speak for myself and say that I at one point had completely lost faith in his ability to reach his potential while at Real Madrid.

However, I had been watching him play on a relatively consistent basis for Lyon, and I genuinely wanted to believe that his natural talent would prevail. By contrast, Higuaín didn't only have talent, but was a fan favorite, a hard worker and was often described on these forums as a guy who bled for the shirt. He was a significantly better performer in the league, and I daresay the majority of the fans would've picked him over Benzema, if it were up to them.

Benz stayed, and although it took a god damn long time, I think it's safe to say that he did eventually reach his potential. Meanwhile, Híguain continued to play well at other clubs, and he also continued to, relatively often, bottle it when it mattered most. With this in mind, I don't think that many people ever doubted that he was a top striker, but some people have a good reason to be reserved about naming him among other top strikers that have reliably stepped up to the occasion on a more consistent basis.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:56 pm

Greatest striker ever higs flopped so hard against Brazil got benched for some random backup, and Argentina attack went up a level rofl.

Chokeguain biggest myth in football, where dem Carlo quotes again? Where dem moronic hyping posts? You jokers can't tell me shit about players Laughing.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:30 pm

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:32 pm

@chad4401 wrote:Greatest striker ever higs flopped so hard against Brazil got benched for some random backup, and Argentina attack went up a level rofl.

Chokeguain biggest myth in football, where dem Carlo quotes again? Where dem moronic hyping posts? You jokers can't tell me shit about players Laughing.

Hey Chad, aren't you the same Chad that gets mad when people post similar things about Benzema when he is in a slump?

Aren't you the same Chad who sticks to his guns [water pistols] and remains adamant about Benzema's talent despite said slump and said critics?

But then again, another astute proclamation from one of the greatest minds of our forum

Luca
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:25 pm

Yes, same old Chad. The only poster here that knows futbol! The rest of us know nothing about futbol!!!!

(By the way he has been saying this to me for 4 years now, despite the fact that I have been watching futbol for double the years that Chad has been on this earth - I'm 69!)

In Chad rants, he has been missing out on what really is happening with Benz at Madrid. He had the summer free (after being outcasted by France) and yet he arrived at training camp out of shape and somehow got himself injured, likely from falling off the sofa. He has played with no energy, almost invisible, while his backup has played well. This backup, Morata has been repeatedly put down by Chad (?what do you expect - any threat to Benz must repeatedly be mocked), yet he has won over his teammates and certainly the Spanish audience. There is an open outcry amongst fans and now media is joining in to have Morata start over Benz. This from a guy who came here as the backup. Morata is not elite by any stretch of the imagination, but surely an Elite like Benz would have no problem parking him on bench!

And in case you haven't noticed, Madrid is renewing all of its players to ensure continuity in the no signing year, except one!! Care to guess who that one is!
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Who gives a crap

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:54 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:Yes, same old Chad. The only poster here that knows futbol! The rest of us know nothing about futbol!!!!

I know futbol.

Futbol is a German Barcelona fan that for some reason likes Spain more than Germany.

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by breva on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:14 am

breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:04 am

@Harmonica wrote:
Of course when Pratto scored the camera went straight to Higuain Laughing

Someone give the cameraman an oscar

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:33 am

@Harmonica wrote:

Higuain is..... fat? Or is it just me?

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:18 am

@M99 wrote:
@futbol_bill wrote:Yes, same old Chad. The only poster here that knows futbol! The rest of us know nothing about futbol!!!!

I know futbol.

Futbol is a German Barcelona fan that for some reason likes Spain more than Germany.

Did you think I was going to let that slide?

Say your prayers.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top