Lucifer
Sina
urbaNRoots
EL Patron
RealGunner
50 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 5 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:40 am

Thats how it starts, the fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men..cruel

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 5 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:43 pm

bare in mind that ONLY piers Morgan is reporting it(No idea why) but he is saying Arsene has been offered a new 3 year deal

calling BS on that one
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:51 pm

Wenger has "no doubt" he'll be in charge next season.

Postponed once more.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/arsenal/story/2838792/arsene-wenger----no-doubt-ill-remain-at-arsenal
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:48 am

MJ wrote:Wenger has "no doubt" he'll be in charge next season.

Postponed once more.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/arsenal/story/2838792/arsene-wenger----no-doubt-ill-remain-at-arsenal

You guys just cant catch a break
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:bare in mind that ONLY piers Morgan is reporting it(No idea why) but he is saying Arsene has been offered a new 3 year deal

calling BS on that one

Would you be surprised if he does? no.

I have said it all along not only he would stay but he will extend his contract, Wenger never cared about the fans.

Few days ago he was bragging about how he made Arsenal and by the look of it he believes Arsenal belongs to him and not the fans who paid big money to help the club.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:36 am

The truth is fans always have the power to force the boards hand if they make enough noise.

The fact there isn't enough noise suggests that AW is not holding the fans and board at gunpoint, despite your feelings toward him.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:27 am

How much of a chance do you think Arsenal had with signing Pep?

I have a feeling that if Wenger had talked to him beforehand, then he could have been managing in 17-18. All this is moot now, but I wanted to know what you guys think.

I would much prefer him going to Arsenal than to City tbh.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:51 pm

Mehh. It would've taken a lot of swaying and moolah for Pep to have eventually ended up at Arsenal over clubs like City who have the ka-ching and foundation set out more properly.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:50 pm

Maybe, not so sure he's as swayed by money as people think. Also, financially I think Arsenal can give him sufficient funds to use, they are economically quite stable.

He would have been a perfect philosophical fit imo
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:20 pm

I think from the Arsenal GL group only me and RG really wanted him here, guys like urbaNRoots were very much against it.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:19 am

At the time that Pep to City was announced, we were still on course for an amazing season and had every reason to believe that we would win the league. At that time, after our drought under Wenger, deciding that his tenure would be over after this year would have been a terrible decision. Whether you can say it would have been a good or bad choice at this point is irrelevant; at the time when the decision had to be made, not trying to bring him in was the correct call.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:25 am

As for Wenger, he's actually made great signings over the past couple of years and brought in the exact type of guys that we needed for our style of play at any given time (although we still don't have a world class striker). I feel that he has been let down by some players who on paper should have been good enough to lead us to titles this season when others went down injured or dipped in form, such as Theo or Oxlade for example. On paper, I believe that we have the best team in the league.

Having said that, you don't win games on paper and he has created a stagnant team that is too easy to read and defend against. We need someone to introduce new ideas and get it into players to perform at their level. Perhaps he can do that, I would love it if he could, but truthfully I do not believe that he is the best man for the club right now. A team with our talent needs to perform with more fight and greater consistency, and if they don't, the manager needs to take the blame, particularly when you claim to be an offensive purist but cannot get your team to score goals.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:08 am

Even if Wenger decided to leave at the end of this season, we couldn't attract Guardiola because we are not the richest club in the league.

Unfortunately with Pep's arrival at City, winning the Premier League gets 3x harder than it usually is for us. So I guess it doesn't matter if Wenger is here or not, maybe he'll keep us in the top 4 until Pep leaves.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Hope he resigns this summer

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:42 pm

Wouldn't mind rafa
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:32 pm

With all things considered, probably Arsenal's worst season with Wenger as manager.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:31 am

Would you say that if we came 2nd? It is a tough one because it is hard to get past the fact that we have been embarrassed (as has every other title contender) by the likes of Leicester...

But... is it possible that Leicester all but winning the title indicates a narrowing of the quality gap in the league rather than a dip in quality for top tier clubs? Everyone was very quick to jump to "PL must be shit, because Leicester" but is it possible that Leicester are in fact just a very good side? I mean they do look poised to take around 80 points which, whilst on the lower end of title winning points will always put you in contention.

At risk of upsetting the superstitious we SHOULD take at least 10 points from our remaining fixtures - 4 of 5 are games we should expect to win. That will put us on 70 points and see us take 3rd or 4th which is actually pretty bog standard. The upsetting thing about this season is since we have shaken our financial shackles we appear to be taking as many steps backwards as forwards. While I do think the players are to blame in part at the end of the day the manager has to bear the brunt of responsibility.

I am not calling for his head but think we should certainly be open to any opportunities should they present themselves.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:55 am

Points wise it wouldn't be his worst season ever, but this year will always go down as the year Arsenal could have won the title but lost it to either Leicester or Spurs. It was such a great opportunity but then we dropped points to the likes of West Brom, Norwich, Swansea and Crystal Palace and have never, at any point this season, put a good run of form together.

Yet this type of season has been coming. The last two years weren't great in terms of points (75 and 79 respectively) and league position, but were salvaged by the two FA Cup wins. There'll be no FA Cup this year, still no progress in the Champions League, no progress in terms of points, likely no progress in league position, and no progress in terms of style or substance on the pitch. Usually Wenger could hide behind the fact that a City or a Chelsea finished above us but this season he's going to finish behind Leicester and Spurs. So this year we've managed to:

1) Not win a trophy
2) Not get any better as a team
3) Finish below Spurs
4) Lose to a rubbish Chelsea team twice
5) Lose to a very average United team

Which, by all accounts, is a horrid season. Could be made even worse if we somehow drop out the top four.

I bet you anything Wenger will point out how consistent the team is, that they aren't worse off, etc etc. And yeah, the numbers will back him up on that:

15/16: 60 points (max 75), 17-9-7 (WDL), GF 56 GA 34
14/15: 75 points, 22-9-7, GF 71 GA 36
13/14: 79 points, 24-7-7, GF 68 GA 41

But at the same time, Arsenal have spent over ÂŁ100mil in that period without getting any better; in terms of goal output, they're actually worse off. More players have gotten worse than they have better (Monreal and Ozil are the only ones who've actually improved this season). Tactically there are still issues with structure and balance. The defence still makes horrible mistakes. And most of all, the style of play is boringly ineffective.

At any other club that's enough to warrant change, but Arsenal will continue to sit on their hands which is the most depressing thing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:11 pm

In the past, we physically did not have the assets or money to compete or spend more than the teams that were consistently beating us.

We have the resources, we have the money now. We've done little with it, and outside of a few good signings, we've spent a lot on mediocrity, and not addressed glaring issues. There used to be a time where Wenger could spend nothing and either fix or improve every problem. We, for the most part, outperformed given what we had.

Now, 100m pounds to not fill every glaring obvious whole we have. Spending where we don't need it, and not being opportunistic when literally every other big club has been complete and utter shit this year. Knocked out of the cup by Watford and another do nothing season in Europe.

Think about it this way.. If we couldn't win the title this year, when are we ever going to win it.

When are United, Chelsea, and City ever going to all be shit as they have been, or have squads as mediocre as they have been, all at the same time? Pep, and Conte are coming next season. United will replace Van Gaal and get better. That on top of whatever Spurs Leicester or Liverpool manage to do in the offseason.

We legit might finish 6th/7th next year if we continue the same strategy that we have been. Winning the title going forward is going to become harder and harder. With all things considered, most disappoint and worst season he has been in charge.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Just poking around the internet and its seems just about everyone has turned on Wenger now. It's only a small minority that still support him.

It's sad, in a way. A few years ago people would dread him not signing a deal. Now there's genuine worry that he will and we'll end with three more years of this crap.

I can see more protests coming soon, though given we have the politest set of fans anywhere I don't think they'll amount to much.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:11 pm

I hope he realises that more than anyone else. He has literally given his life to us. But I don't think he can take us any further. I'd love to be wrong but I can't see it.

When United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool regroup next season we will have a very difficult time finishing in the top 4.

I just can't see Arsene being ruthless enough to sell Walcott, Giroud, Gabriel and Oxlade and replace them with players who can actually perform consistently.

Forget players, I just can't see him change his ways. He will always play favouritism. He will never set his teams according to the opposition. He will never tweak things tactically when needed during the game. He is not going to motivate players on a weekly basis.

He had the ability to do it in the past but not anymore.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Can't hate on him when you read/watch interviews like these ffs

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10254525/arsene-wenger-talks-arsenal-guilt-leicester-success-criticism-and-injuries-in-sky-sports-exclusive
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:01 pm

the man has gone crazy, blaming the fans being poisonous at home and the reason we lost the league. Called us champion while away but in fact we're 3rd, want fans united while this is 1st time since forever different fan clubs actually joined together for common cause to protest. lost for words really
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:54 pm

He said we had recovered well after a poor period... because winning two out of the last five is good form apparently Laughing

His constant misdirection and attempts to excuse every failure are getting tiresome now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Not surprising to see him lash out at fans, he is running out of excuses. Leicester City winning the league basically contradicts everything he has been saying in the last 10 years.

Thank you for the memories and all that...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:22 pm

Wenger“Some people questioned the team’s character. I tell you something: this team has character and attitude. People… should not question the character of these players, because they are exceptional characters.
“We lost the championship at home against the lower teams. We have to realise that away from home we are championship winners. At home, against the smaller teams, we dropped the points. We are top of the league in [matches between] the top teams

Just ridicules! :facepalm:

He has lost his freaking mind..."championship winners" away from home? rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next