Lucifer
Sina
urbaNRoots
EL Patron
RealGunner
50 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 7 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 02, 2016 3:11 am

Wenger is probably the smartest manager out there, but the fact that he keeps ignoring the problems and instead he goes to war with the fans and wants to prove he is right and we are wrong is mind blowing.
We love the club as much as he does, and we want to see him lift the tittle...but Wenger will be Wenger...he has been for past 12 years, the same man tells his players to shoot less.

I can guarantee Wenger would extent his contract because if he wasn't planing on retired he would have said it already. Imo Wenger will stay until 2020. Its astonishing that it took the fans 12 years to realize Wenger is talking us for a ride. The protesting was small but it will only get bigger and bigger.

As thing stand, we might not make top4 which Wenger brags about the most.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 7 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by El Gunner Mon May 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Peccadillo wrote:I must say at least you are consistent Raptor.. a lot of you were calling for these exact type of protests - what happened?

I think what we saw on Saturday demonstrates that for some fans the anger is misplaced... It does not appear to be about AW but about the way the club is run - I think fans feel the club has been overrun by champagne spectators and an owner who sees the club as nothing more than a business..

Anger should be redirected to Kroenke and the board. Maybe that means diminishing some of AW's power. Maybe it means bringing in the right assistant manager who will provide the team with some mental strength (which is all we seem to have actually lacked this year). Maybe it does mean taking a risk and saying thanks for the memories Arsene but you're done.

No one can blame Wenger for not leaving - he believes he has something to offer and frankly, he does. Some things in football do not go your way and they certainly haven't gone his for the past 10 years. His refusal to quit is not exactly surprising as not many managers do.

If you want Wenger sacked there is a way to go about it whilst still respecting the man who has done so much for this club. That small contingent of fans who directed their anger at Wenger on Saturday are a dopey lot.

With all due respect, this is bullshit imo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:24 pm

So no secret England really want Wenger to manage them:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/06/fa-seek-talks-with-arsene-wenger-about-taking-over-as-england-ma/

That article also claims Arsenal have readied a two year extension for him, but Wenger wants to see how this upcoming season begins before deciding anything.

ffs still offering the guy extensions on his contract

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:34 pm

I hope he accepts, I think it's about time we part ways. England could be an exciting challenge for him and we could try something different aswell.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:21 am

Ideally, he wins something big this season, gets his fairytale ending and moves on to manage England and stabilize the national side. That'd be nice imo.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:27 am

English core.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Meh. I guess it won't hurt to give him another season

Not like we can get anyone better. But have a feeling we might regret not getting Big Sam.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:57 pm

Last season hopefully
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Yep, yep.

Sad to say, will be devastated if he signs a new contract.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Can't ever call for the man to leave, just have too much love and respect for him but I'd start a one-man riot if there wasn't a change of any kind soon. The enthusiasm has been draining for years.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:00 am

Following my rant in the matchday thread, I have to say Wenger has utterly failed to deliver this summer thus far. If he fails to win the league this year, I see him leaving the club, because the negativity from us fans is already reaching new heights. His legacy will be in tatters as well.

I've always backed Arsene even when he frustrates the hell out of me. But he needs to get his act together now or he will completely deserve the boot that will be coming at the end of the season.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:08 am

I don't even see up in top 4, forget the league.

He hasn't gotten his act together in years now.

Man has got to go.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:47 am

Whether it's intentional or just incompetent, fact of the matter is that Wenger leaves us constantly unprepared every season now.

This is a guy who, with a straight face, can claim that "new is just new", that people only want new players now, and that they won't make much difference. Like he doesn't know that new players can add vibrancy to the club, can get fans on board for a while, and actually improve the squad if they're good enough.

He's got all the modern day tools a manager would need to analyse and improve the team but either doesn't use them or doesn't know how. I can't think of any other reason why the club goes into every season with the same problems with its personnel and system time and again.

I'm starting to believe that even the players are growing tired of him now. You look at the way Conte can inspire players, the way Klopp inspires his players (when's the last time our players celebrated by dog-piling the manager?), and how many other managers can get their players putting in 100% for them every time, and then look at our sorry lot. I really wonder how many of our players now are genuinely playing for Wenger. When was the last time we saw a really fired-up and determined Arsenal team? Who was the last player that Wenger lit a fire under?

He's not even that a big draw for players anymore. Rejected by Jamie Vardy, of all people.

The signs were there last season. In those final two months when it became apparent we weren't going to catch Leicester. Results were okay but the performances and enthusiasm around the team weren't. Pre-season did nothing to resotre that enthusiasm. Was anyone really excited about this team and the new season?

If he signs a new deal I'm done until he's gone.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:02 am

RealGunner wrote:Last season hopefully

One year can change a lot but it doesn't look like an ideal candidate a la Simeone or Tuchel will be available.

Worst possible scenario would be getting rid of Venga after 20 years and the next hire is not ideal because all the candidates you would like are unavailable at that point in time.

You do not want to make the same mistake Liverpool made TWICE. Getting rid of a great manager in Rafa and no one good being available so shoehorning mediocrity in The Owl. Then transition period of interim manager in Kenny. Leading to sacking him for a shitty reason making the same mistake AGAIN when no on good is available so settling for more mediocrity with David Brent.

If both Atletico and Dortmund have the expected season something relatively similar to last season then chances are Simeone and Tuchel will continue on.

The likes of Pep, Mou, Carlo, Emery, Conte, Zidane etc just recently got their jobs, it seems unlikely they are leaving or getting sacked.

Your best bet would be buying out the contract of a manager like Schmidt or Sarri but like I said not the most ideal candidates.

And you sure as hell don't want to get rid of Venga and replace him with someone like Pellegrini or Mancini who are stuck in the same era as Venga with their tactics.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:36 am

The fear of what will come when this man leaves is the biggest reason why he is allowed to carry on despite his sell by date. That, and some residual respect of what he did accomplish. I will not take that away from him, but he really should leave now.

With the resources and squad available at this club at the moment, any tactically astute manager can accomplish something beyond the mediocrity that we have been treated to. So much for caviar.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:50 am

Jay29 wrote:
This is a guy who, with a straight face, can claim that "new is just new", that people only want new players now, and that they won't make much difference.

Jay29 wrote:Here's the thing though, neither of the centre backs did much wrong. Sounds strange but we could have had Kosceilny and Mertesacker in there or Koscielny and Mustafi or whoever and the result would still be the same. Goals like Pool's second and third happen because the protection from midfield isn't good enough.

And I was saying this in our section, but new players won't solve everything.

Jay29 wrote:Sad thing is, new signings won't change this.

Sri wrote:
It is not about the personnel.

smoking
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:07 pm

I also said new signings would help and that they are necessary. Have done all summer. That is not a contradiction to me saying that new signings won't fix systemic flaws.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Whenever Wenger goes, I anticipate a giant and horrible hangover for a season, or a few seasons.

To me, the best case scenario involves Wenger leaving on a high, such as winning the league (which sadly looks ever more unlikely), and then stepping aside in a dignified and celebrated manner ... and then having the club bring in someone like Simeone, who will be a breath of fresh air, but also have the efficiency and shrewdness to shake things up thoroughly and implement new practices that are sound. That, to me, would also show how all the less glamorous things Wenger has done to build up the club and get it in a good position will continue to pay long-term dividends.

I fear, though, that Wenger will leave on a low point when he does go, amidst a lot of acrimony perhaps, and then we'll see a "nice" and "inventive" up-and-coming manager brought in ... maybe Eddie Howe? ... who will flounder unnecessarily. And it'll take quite a while to right the ship.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:15 pm

The ship already needs a whole deal of righting.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:25 pm

I don\'t care at this point, as long as he just leaves. We need something new.

However I actually do have preferences, I would take an Eddie Howe (someone young and promising with tactical sharpness of the game) over a Pellegrini/Mancin/Hiddink.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Transitioning from a 20-year regime to a brand new one obviously won't be simple, but I don't think there'd be that much of a hangover. There shouldn't be, at least.

Much as we bash the current squad, if a new manager took over next season he'll still have a very workable group of players. Not only that, he'll have a wad of cash to make his own signings.

But of course, much will depend on who the club hires. United's decline was more because they hired an incompetent manager than anything; if they went straight to Mourinho or even van Gaal I don't think they drop to as low as 7th in the table. Maybe it's wishful thinking but if we hire a competent manager, a good Director of Football to handle transfers and the funds to make the signigns they want we won't suffer too much.

A lot will depend on who's doing the hiring, too. This is new territory for Gazidis and Kroenke, and the worse thing they can do is turn to Wenger for names.

Last edited by Jay29 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Sri wrote:The ship already needs a whole deal of righting.

It's true, but things can get worse.

I know, I know, right now a lot of people are asking "How!? How can they get any worse? Literally ANYTHING is going to be better than this!"

And while I understand the frustration, trust me, things could still get worse.

Jay29 wrote:Transitioning from a 20-year regime to a brand new one obviously won't be simple, but I don't think there'd be that much of a hangover. Their shouldn't be, at least.

Much as we bash the current squad, if a new manager took over next season he'll still have a very workable group of players. Not only that, he'll have a wad of cash to make his own signings.

But of course, much will depend on who the club hires. United's decline was more because they hired an incompetent manager than anything; if they went straight to Mourinho or even van Gaal I don't think they drop to as low as 7th in the table. Maybe it's wishful thinking but if we hire a competent manager, a good Director of Football to handle transfers and the funds to make the signigns they want we won't suffer too much.

A lot will depend on who's doing the hiring, too. This is new territory for Gazidis and Kroenke, and the worse thing they can do is turn to Wenger for names.

You're more optimistic than I am on that point but I hope you are right.

I agree that the raw material of personnel is actually quite good. This is a really strong squad that needs a few additions, better fitness management, and better tactics ... not a total overhaul.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:36 pm

Back on lads
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:39 pm

It was never off tbh.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:51 pm

[Removed - Trolling]
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:40 pm

I said before that I wouldn't be against a 1 year extension but I'm not really sure anymore. Do we wait for a big name or do we gamble?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next