Lucifer
Sina
urbaNRoots
EL Patron
RealGunner
50 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 11 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by Chumlum Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Simeone is my #1 choice still, because I think his attributes would be beneficial to keeping the boat steady amidst inevitable post-Wenger problems. (And I also realize that the football he'd bring to Arsenal wouldn't be so pretty all the time.) But I'd be shocked if Mr. "Combative" were a realistic option to be honest. He still doesn't speak English does he? Or do I recall reports of him taking lessons? Don't remember ...

Among managers in England I'd say go for Koeman.

Hadn't thought about Wenger replacements much in months but the last 24 hours have made it seem pressing, hehe.

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 11 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:39 pm

That entire sentence makes 0 sense. Awful journalism and unsurprisingly by John Cross
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Wenger said to foreign media that he'll make his decision in March or April.

Tbh I hope he's already made his decision and will announce it in March or April when there's nothing more to play for. A new manager needs as much time as possible to plan and instigate changes.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Shameful that English managers aren't being mentioned for Arsenal. What has the league come to...

#TeamMerson
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:04 pm

Same.

There are some decent managers out there who all will love to jump ship to Arsenal.

I actually hope Arsene recommends someone since he knows more about football than the entire board.

inb4 it's Brendan Rodgers.

Also I hope we shake up the entire club from youth level to the board. Hopefully we bring in Keown at some role along with Pires. Keown is a must. Would get rid of Bould. Also get rid of all the prehistoric coaches we have.

I'd imagine the new manager will do most of this anyways.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:
inb4 it's Brendan Rodgers.

Spoiler:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:51 pm

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 11 LONQnbJ

:coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Made a massive mistake in getting Mustafi instead of Manolas.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:Made a massive mistake in getting Mustafi instead of Manolas.

The grass isn't always greener. I fear for Arsenal if he leaves. I'm not sure if they have the structure to cope without Arsene and may face the same problems United had. Clubs like Chelsea, Real, Bayern and Juve are separate from their managers. Arsenal fans may have to suffer a bit longer.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Yea. That's why the board is so reluctant in changing because they see examples like Liverpool and United and then become scared of making a chance and try to stick with 'what's working'

The biggest problem which the board doesn't want to deal with is how much influence Arsene has. He is basically everything. Coach, head of transfers, main scout, main decision maker, probably even does the financial shit on the side.

Board will have to shake everything up and actually have a structure in place which is scaring them atm.

Not sure Gazidis or Kroenke have the faintest idea how to move forward.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yea. That's why the board is so reluctant in changing because they see examples like Liverpool and United and then become scared of making a chance and try to stick with 'what's working'

The biggest problem which the board doesn't want to deal with is how much influence Arsene has. He is basically everything. Coach, head of transfers, main scout, main decision maker, probably even does the financial shit on the side.

Board will have to shake everything up and actually have a structure in place which is scaring them atm.

Not sure Gazidis or Kroenke have the faintest idea how to move forward.

That's for sure the biggest problem. I think all those things will be addressed. To turn into a superclub you can't be reliant so much on one individual.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:36 am

lmao I can just imagine Venga balancing Arsenal's books as the club's chief accountant on Wednesday nights after training.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:24 am

I'm picturing Wenger writing himself a new contract and then signing it. rofl
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:42 am

Wenger: "No matter what happens, I will be managing next season, whether it's here or somewhere else."

He's totally extending Laughing

Although John Cross, often so pro-Wenger, says clubs insiders feel Wenger's leaving:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-set-9833723

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:58 pm

jibers wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Made a massive mistake in getting Mustafi instead of Manolas.

The grass isn't always greener. I fear for Arsenal if he leaves. I'm not sure if they have the structure to cope without Arsene and may face the same problems United had. Clubs like Chelsea, Real, Bayern and Juve are separate from their managers. Arsenal fans may have to suffer a bit longer.

That's the thing, my man, we don't care where the next few seasons take us after Wenger retires.

We are very well aware things might go south, but change is NEEDED, doesn't matter how and in what form it comes.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:35 pm

I forget who said it, maybe Miguel Delaney, but those close to Wenger also know he's extremely moody so when we suffer a big loss, that's when he toys with the idea that this is the end.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we went on a good run, maybe even won the FA Cup and he used that as revitalization to extend.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Been poking around social media and there's a surprising number of people who think he would walk into any top job in football and succeed.

Also a surprising number of people getting cold feet over him leaving because they don't want to see him manage another club.

Amazing what one press conference can do. He sweet talks a bunch of people into forgetting the reasons he should leave in the first place.

Last edited by Jay29 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:49 pm

It's like we're all in an abusive relationship.

We should consider ourselves lucky with what we have because it could always be worse and you were worthless before the relationship with the abusive partner. And when the abusive partner tells you he/she is going to leave-- now having developed some kind of Stockholm Syndrome-- your confidence and self-worth is so low that you really believe him/her that you are not worthy of someone better and just want to get back to how it was.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Coqulien needs to play his role last season stop running forward and useless long passes
He needs support like xhaka or elneny

If ozil is playing as CAM

Otherwise it doesn't balance

Ox underperformed needs walcott

Against bayern ozil ox sanchez owobi didn't track back

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Wenger must get better with his tactics and stick to basics goals will come.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Wenger won't be able to handle seeing Arsenal succeeded under new management, what a sick person. Laughing

Wenger" I would just like to add as well that we played against a good Bayern team who have won this competition [recently], and who have 11 top-class players.

What does this say about Wengers comment "all Arsenal players are world class players"? eco smile

Recently he said we have 3 world class goal keepers.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Imagine if he signs for Barcelona
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Barcelona deserve Wenger. I would love to see Arsenal vs Barcelona in champions league next year and kick Wenger out. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Would be hilarious to see Barca with no pressing system, in a 4231 with a front 4 all over the place in free roles, Busquets going forward with Iniesta sitting back and Pique/Umtiti defending alone against 4 attackers while Roberto/Alba are getting back.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:29 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Would be hilarious to see Barca with no pressing system, in a 4231 with a front 4 all over the place in free roles, Busquets going forward with Iniesta sitting back and Pique/Umtiti defending alone against 4 attackers while Roberto/Alba are getting back.

This sums up every problem that we currently have, plus players starting because of the managers favoritism rather than their performances.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:23 pm

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 11 C4-nNGpWYAAnEw7

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next