Lucifer
Sina
urbaNRoots
EL Patron
RealGunner
50 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 12 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by Jay29 Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:23 pm

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 12 C4-nNGpWYAAnEw7

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 12 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 pm

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 12 Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:29 pm

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 12 ELw7m
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:38 pm

And now for some actual quotes from a far better newspaper:

Wenger drew a distinction between himself and Ferguson, who stepped down from Manchester United in 2013 and has since devoted himself to other activities, such as watching the race horses he owns and lecturing on leadership at Harvard University. By contrast, there is still nowhere Wenger would rather be than on the training ground or in the dugout. “Ferguson has some other interests in life and he was older [when he retired] than I am today,” said Wenger. “He was four years older. He retired at 71 and I’m 67.”

Asked whether that meant he planned to carry on for another four years, Wenger replied: “Maybe more, maybe less, I don’t know. Everybody is different. I do not want to take anything away from Ferguson, he was an absolutely unbelievable manager, but he had enough. He had enough. And I’m not at that stage.”

Discontent among Arsenal supporters is rising and Wenger hinted that he may ultimately have little choice but to leave. When asked about the prospect of managing a club other than Arsenal he joked: “Maybe if you have a club you can employ me.” But he changed his tone when asked whether hinting at a move to another club was intended as a veiled threat to Arsenal. “No, it’s not a threat, not at all,” he said. “My preference is always to manage Arsenal and I have shown that.”

At that point he suggested he is wise enough to know that this time his preference may not be practical. “I am adult enough to analyse the situation,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/18/arsene-wenger-arsenal-manager-four-more-years?CMP=share_btn_tw

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:13 pm

he can continue somewhere else then
because we WANT A CHANGE
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:41 am

The more it goes on, the more I feel the chance for change is gone. We're not exactly in crisis, still hovering around top 4, playing hot and cold. Fan base are still split and the amount of discontent shown in stadium is so tame. Our owner might take a look at standing and think wtf is the problem here, everything seems to be in order.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:37 am

except that I think this is the year we miss out on top 4.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:46 am

Same

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Arsene Wenger turns down £30m a year record offer to manage in China and opts to finish the season with Arsenal cheers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/27/arsene-wenger-turns-30m-year-record-offer-manage-china-opts/

Ffs even China cant save us. rofl

Ramsey 'He's been a great servant to Arsenal and great manager for me and the players,' Ramsey told the Mirror.

'We have let him down at times. It is unfair some of the things that have been said. People are entitled to their opinion but he has been great for me personally"
Off course he has been great for you. I am surprised Ramsey is not requesting to leave if Wenger does not sign?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Sell them both to China imo.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:25 pm

And according to Italian outlet CalcioMercato, Wenger will not be signing a new deal as Juventus boss Allegri is on his way to the Emirates.

The report says Allegri informed friends at his hometown of Livorno over dinner that he will be leaving Juve for Arsenal. Laughing rofl

It will be fun few months, will be many more crazy stories like this.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:27 pm

loool Allegri can be "on his way" to the Emirates for a stadium tour if he likes. That's never going to be what stops Wenger from signing a new deal.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:49 pm

MJ wrote:loool Allegri can be "on his way" to the Emirates for a stadium tour if he likes. That's never going to be what stops Wenger from signing a new deal.

The truth is Wenger has already signed a 4 year deal with 2mil raise and there is nothing we can do about it.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:56 pm

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 12 MmwE3pQu?format=jpg&name=600x314

rofl
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Wenger before Liverpool: “I am ready to go to the next level. The next level up. If somebody else comes and does that better than me, that’s fine.”

Didn't hear people talking about this line much.

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 12 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy5ktk4E37YUnqpE3kFzG6zs6RJVpAfT6BAYZAdyrlOdSvHPyIZg
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Wenger: I'd like to see how the season goes before deciding.

This dallying on a decision is hurting the club. They need to know either way so they can prepare (lol) for the summer.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:56 pm

what a dictator ffs

will cheer for Lincoln city to beat us
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:14 pm

This is why I hope our players did a Leicester and got his arrogant ass sacked. But then they are all the same as him, mentally weak with big egos and no love for the club.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:57 pm

Sina wrote:

what a dictator ffs

will cheer for Lincoln city to beat us

absolutely ludicrous question to ask a club captain as he's seated next to the manager of over two decades lol. Don't know what kind of answer he was expecting beyond the generic "we are behind the boss, he is god etc". Per reacted by laughing because the question is laughable in that context.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Yeah, Wenger actually acted well enough in a quick situation to take pressure off his captain for that kind of question. He's not a dictator for that, he was exhibiting good managerial skills there in my opinion.

If only Wenger would have the same quick reflexes in terms of his tactical adjustments & substitutions these days ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Chumlum wrote: Wenger ... good managerial skills
lol.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Look forward to rolling in my grave when my (great)^n grand nephew posts in this thread hoping the old wank leaves the club in about 999 years from now.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:33 pm

Wenger ruined his legacy, there is nothing going to stop Wenger now.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:59 am

So is this a crisis?
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:18 am

It's been beyond a crisis for years now.

It's just a lagging overdue process of frustration.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:53 am

He's going to get us into the top 4. I consider that a given. We may be shit but so is every other team in this league right now except for Chelsea if I am painfully honest. The EPL in general is going through a horrid time - we are far below La Liga and the Bundesliga atm, and even Ligue 1 is catching up.

If we get any form whatsoever from now until the end of the season, we're in the top 4. Besides, we've been in far worse positions with far shitter squads and now we only have the league and FA Cup to worry about. Ideally we would finish 2nd and win the FA Cup, which could happen.

The tricky thing will be once Wenger ends the season somewhat respectably (although far below expectations given recent events). Kroenke will want him to stay, the board will consider his results consistent with years that were considered successful, and the fans will want someone new but will likely have lost some venom in their convictions. However, in that moment, when the heat is off, he should step away.

I want Wenger to guide us to glory, I want nothing more than that, but it would be best for everyone for him to move on. There will be big jobs available for him and he can still end his career with a bang, while providing the next manager with a stable, financially healthy team. That's how his Arsenal legacy needs to come to a conclusion before it's too late and he becomes a villain.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next