Lucifer
Sina
urbaNRoots
EL Patron
RealGunner
50 posters

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 18 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by Sina Sun May 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Wenger OUT

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 18 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by RealGunner Sun May 14, 2017 3:42 pm

It all comes down to losing to Watford at home
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 14, 2017 3:46 pm

It comes down to Watford and Crystal Palace and West Brom and Bournemouth and on and on.... we were absolutely dog shit this year.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 14, 2017 5:26 pm

We've been dog shit for longer than a year.

Just that the other teams didn't do us a favour this season, unlike the last one.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Wenger wrote:If we finish outside the top four, it will maybe be down to one point. One point would be difficult to swallow but that should not as well change the judgment on the quality of the team to a way where you think you have absolutely to change everything.
"It will mean just keep the same focus to try to strengthen the squad. We know where it has to be and that’s what the club will have to do.
link:https://t.co/vy9MGoFD91

we could get relegated and Wenger would stay and same quote would apply  :facepalm:  :facepalm:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 16, 2017 5:26 pm

We won't change the manager and we won't make major changes in the squad-- what is there to look forward to as a fan?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 17, 2017 3:09 pm

As a fan there is always football fantasy to look forward to. cheers
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 17, 2017 3:39 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:We won't change the manager and we won't make major changes in the squad-- what is there to look forward to as a fan?

Europa League

I'm not kidding
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Not very encouraging but fair. It's some change at least.

Europa League should be more exciting than our CL performances. At least we have a chance of winning it, if Wenger takes it seriously.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 18, 2017 9:06 am

Sina wrote:
Wenger wrote:If we finish outside the top four, it will maybe be down to one point. One point would be difficult to swallow but that should not as well change the judgment on the quality of the team to a way where you think you have absolutely to change everything.
"It will mean just keep the same focus to try to strengthen the squad. We know where it has to be and that’s what the club will have to do.
link:https://t.co/vy9MGoFD91

we could get relegated and Wenger would stay and same quote would apply  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Wish his team defended half as well as he defends his decisions.

The point is not finishing 1 point behind fourth, it is finishing 20 *bleep* points behind the league winner. And this isn't the first time we are so far behind the league winner either.

If anything, it betrays that Wenger's ambition is only to get into the top 4 and not to win the *bleep* league.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 18, 2017 9:08 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Not very encouraging but fair. It's some change at least.

Europa League should be more exciting than our CL performances. At least we have a chance of winning it, if Wenger takes it seriously.

Lol. I can't wait for no name smaller teams playing exciting football to school Wenger in tactics and desire.

To pretend that we'd actually have a chance of winning EL is being massively complascent and disrespectful to the tournament.

We're as likely to win it as we are to win the League Cup. Because I can be absolutely sure that it is exactly how AW will treat the competition - as a Youth Champions League expedition.

And he'll crow about how it was a great learning experience for the reserves to crash out of the competition in the Round of 16. Wink

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 18, 2017 9:42 am

In recent years Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea have all reached the final of the Europa League, I don't see why we wouldn't be one of the favourites to reach the semi final at least.

And no, Wenger won't play super weak teams after the group stages. Wenger played his first team against Lincoln City at home ffs. He is desperate for any kind of trophy let alone a European Cup.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 19, 2017 10:55 am

Wenger's future will be decided at a board meeting after the FA Cup final:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/19/arsene-wenger-arsenal-tony-adams?CMP=share_btn_tw

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 19, 2017 2:21 pm

I just don't believe any of these stories about Wenger future. He wants to stay and the board will give him whatever contract he wants.

In other news this is what Tony Adams said.

'Perhaps Arsene thought I might be too challenging for him.

'He seemed to like an assistant such as Pat Rice or Steve Bould, both great club men who were not going to ruffle feathers.

'Arsene is so dominant that he was probably not going to like it if I said, 'We're conceding bad goals, I'm going to take the back four today and organise them'.

'Because Arsene is essentially not a coach - and that is the second reason why I believe he didn't want me. Back in the day I said in an interview coaching wasn't Arsene's strong point.

'Actually in the original draft, I said he couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. And though I modified that in the final article, it didn't go down well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4520880/Adams-believes-Arsenal-return-impossible-Wenger.html#ixzz4hWxBKj86
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Why isn't Wenger's future sorted out yet? rofl

Or Özil's?

Or Alexis'?

Or Oxlade-Chamberlain's?

This club is in shambles.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Alexis and Ozil will definitely leave this summer. There is no way Satan Kroenke will allow them to leave for free.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 19, 2017 2:52 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Why isn't Wenger's future sorted out yet? rofl

Or Özil's?

Or Alexis'?

Or Oxlade-Chamberlain's?

This club is in shambles.

While I don't disagree the club is pretty pathetically run from a sporting pov lol.

I think you are being unfair in this scenario, the season isn't over yet no other club is sorting it's future out either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 19, 2017 3:27 pm

I'm just frustrated that he is staying lol because surely it would have been announced by now if he was leaving.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 19, 2017 11:10 pm

Jeremy Wilson (Telegraph) wrote:
Arsene Wenger + Arsenal moving to agreement on structural changes and new contract. Finals talks after Cup final. Kroenke also not selling: https://t.co/nI1bXwdX3d
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat May 20, 2017 12:48 am

It sounds as if this role (I don't know why they're so suspicious about calling it a Director of Football) isn't going to be involved in transfers at all. Wenger seems adamant that all "football decisions" remain with him.

So really, in the immediate short term nothing is going to change. Wenger will be here, we'll take an age to sign players, we won't strengthen properly and will be exposed time and again next season. Great. Can't wait for next year.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 20, 2017 1:29 am

growing confidence that agreement can be reached on a head of operations/sporting director role.
This situation has become pivotal to deciding Wenger’s future – with the Frenchman adamant both that he must retain control over football and that the departure of any of his core backroom team against his will would represent a red line.

will Arsenal get relegated or disappear from face of the earth without wenger?
why so desperate to give him a new contract?? :facepalm:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Sri wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Not very encouraging but fair. It's some change at least.

Lol. I can't wait for no name smaller teams playing exciting football to school Wenger in tactics and desire.

To pretend that we'd actually have a chance of winning EL is being massively complascent and disrespectful to the tournament.

We're as likely to win it as we are to win the League Cup. Because I can be absolutely sure that it is exactly how AW will treat the competition - as a Youth Champions League expedition.

And he'll crow about how it was a great learning experience for the reserves to crash out of the competition in the Round of 16. Wink
urbaNRoots wrote:In recent years Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea have all reached the final of the Europa League, I don't see why we wouldn't be one of the favourites to reach the semi final at least.

And no, Wenger won't play super weak teams after the group stages. Wenger played his first team against Lincoln City at home ffs. He is desperate for any kind of trophy let alone a European Cup.

Of course Arsenal would have a chance to win the EL. Arsenal have regularly gotten into the last 16 in CL, i.e. the 16 best teams in Europe.

For Wenger, winning the EL would be huge. For Arsenal as well. You've only ever won the Cup Winner's Cup once, so where would Arsenal fans get the arrogance from to sniff at a Europa League title?
It's a tough competition because there's a lot of games. And there's always a number of decent teams in it which are worthwile opponents for anyone.

If I was an Arsenal fan, I'd regard and welcome the Europa League competition next season as something purely positive and enjoyable.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm

If missing out on the Champions League wasn't tied to finances and the club's image when trying to recruit players (albeit not to a debilitating degree) then I wouldn't be that upset about playing in the Europa League.

At least next season will be different in one way.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Chris Hudson at it again

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 26, 2017 11:49 pm

2 year contract coming up regardless of the FA cup final.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat May 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Found this on Reddit. Apparently Wenger was talking with a Dutch broadcaster:

If Arsenal beats Chelsea tonight (18:30) at Wembley, Wenger will become the first coach to win the prestigious competition seven times.

The 67-year old Frenchman's contract runs out this summer. Many Arsenal-supporters would like to see him leave. There have been anti-Wenger protest-marches for months. "Nobody knows if he'll stay or if he goes, not even Wenger" is what David Ornstein, Arsenal-reporter of the BBC, said. "But I think Wenger will stay".

It's almost unimaginable that a coach, who's been protested against for months, would extend his contract. "Yet that is the way things are, Arsenal is a bit of a mess at the moment" says Ornstein.

"There are many different opinions inside the club, for example between the biggest shareholders Alisher Usmanov and Stan Kroenke. Because of this a stalemate has been reached and the time for intervention has passed."

En what about Wenger himself? "Wenger wants to stay, but only on his terms. That means total control over the club, like he's used to having. The club however wants change so the question remains wether or not Wenger wants to stay on as a manager if structural changes take place. The club is weighing up appointing a technical director (I think that's a director of football in English lingo), but that's not something Wenger is particularly fond of. A big-name technical director isn't even something he wants to talk about. He won't tolerate someone like Marc Overmars."

Before Wenger came to London the club was known as 'Boring Arsenal'. Ornstein knows exactly what that means. "1-0 to the Arsenal!" was the main chant for Arsenal-supporters at the start of the 90's. And they were proud of that. When Wenger came, everything changed. He made his team an attractive attacking machine and won silverware with it too.

Arsenal won the league three times in ten years, three times the FA Cup and reached the Champions League final in 2006. "Many coaches in Europe mirrored themselves to Wenger. Arsenal was the standard for modern and good football".

"The problem is that Wenger himself still believes that his methods are unmatched. He's not open for innovation. The club has invested in a data-system, video-analysis and other modern tools. But Wenger only uses those things he sees as useful. He trusts himself fully."

"The last couple of years the club has been overtaken by Chelsea, Manchester, but also Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur. En that's not just on a financial level, but also tactically and technically. Arsenal is far behind Maurico Pochettino at Tottenham Hotspur and Antonio Conte at Chelsea."

Why are the protests this heavy? "The fans have seen the same pattern all too often. Arsenal starts the season well, dips in form around november and after the winter they're behind on all fronts. It's a form of boredom."

Ornstein thinks the resistance against Wenger is mostly prominent in a minority of supporters. "Ofcourse you'll see just the 'loud minority', the supporters who shout the hardest. De supporters who support Wenger aren't seen or heard. They've been spoiled by stars such as Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires and Dennis Bergkamp. Those solved problems on the pitch by themselves, something you won't see nowadays."

Say Arsenal loses at Wembley this saturday and the departure of Wenger is announced. Ornstein: "I don't think there have been any talks with possible successors. But there is a shadowlist ofcourse. The first name on that list is Leonardo Jardim. The coach of AS Monaco, Wenger's old club. Arsenal would kill to have a team like Monaco's these days."

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next