USA gun violence thread

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: USA gun violence thread

Post by CBarca on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:04 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@futbol wrote:Meh. American society is beyond help. "Journalists" on television shamelessly saying that a church is actually the best place where it could have happened. Laughing

Third world country with cash.

There is a reason why USA is known as the failed first world country lol.

Would love to see what actually living and working in a different country is like, but I'm not sure I can see myself leaving the US on any semi-permanent basis, especially with family there.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:15 pm

calling America a failed first world country is stupid tbh. with the state of things around the world to call America a failed country is dumb. how does stuff like this not offend the American members of the forum.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:19 pm

@CBarca wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:
@futbol wrote:Meh. American society is beyond help. "Journalists" on television shamelessly saying that a church is actually the best place where it could have happened. Laughing

Third world country with cash.

There is a reason why USA is known as the failed first world country lol.

Would love to see what actually living and working in a different country is like, but I'm not sure I can see myself leaving the US on any semi-permanent basis, especially with family there.

Home is home. I can't see myself live anywhere else either other than England. Also it doesn't negate the fact that USA is still great.
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 am

Of course, the USA is great and I'm still very proud of my country and happy to live there.

Still, I do think it would be interesting to work and live somewhere else for a time and see about it. Ultimately something I don't think I'll ever follow through on but, you know, who knows?

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:42 pm

national figures revealed the number of crimes involving firearms in England and Wales increased by 27% to 6,696 in the year ending June 2017.
https://news.sky.com/story/firearms-amnesty-as-uk-gun-crime-rises-27-this-year-11124745

so banning guns has done nothing to stop gun crime in the uk. who was it a few weeks ago that said gun laws don't mean shit. hmm

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:34 am

Murica at it again

Imagine living in this garbage country
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:43 am

if you reach behind your back one more time you will be shot. so he reaches behind his back. the officer is obviously to nervous to be in that line of work. not sure if they test police officers to see how they act under pressure but they should do.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:51 am

Probably too Hard and/or expensive to replicate real life pressure situations like the ones they encounter in real life. Despite what i'm assuming is a lot of training there's still a chance you end up with a trigger happy idiot with a gun.

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:59 am

Agree with Unique here, The situation could have been dealt in countless situations but as the officer waited longer and longer, The outcome keeps changing.

He could have cuffed him during the start, But maybe he was scared about the some other accomplices? What the verdict say on this situation?

He could have not shot him when his hand went behind to adjust the pant, But there could have been a gun in some other situation?

Apparently he was drunk as well? That probably made him make that mistake of taking his hand back instinctively to adjust his pant. Its sad all around.

Spoiler:
(Obviously this is what I have read online and deciphered from the video, Im not taking any side here at all, Nor is my opinion relevant)

The odds change all the time, I don't see how you can improve these situations at all. Unless there is a certain lack of empathy or training in the US with cops?
Nishankly
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:04 am

Would have to research the statistics of cops dying from perps hiding weapons while in a similar position to Draver here. It would have to be an insanely high number for these types of reactions to not only occur, but be consider the right thing to do in this situation.

I think this was murder.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Back to top