Arsenal vs Manchester United PL 2015/16

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arsenal vs Manchester United PL 2015/16

Post by Sri on Sun 4 Oct - 18:56

@Twoism wrote:
@Rev wrote:
srigooner wrote:Why the fack are people leaving? Could someone please explain?

Only here for entertainment :facepalm:

Never been there but I remember reading somewhere u will be stuck for quite sometimes either outside stadium or parking lot if u stay til the end.

The stadium has been around for a decade. About time the municipality and/or the club did something about the infrastructure to handle 60k people at the end of a game.

It is disgraceful to watch fans leave before the final whistle on one of the biggest games we have had in a long time.

Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun 4 Oct - 19:04

Unbelievable performance

2 points off the top

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun 4 Oct - 19:06

We did the damage in the first twenty minutes when United oh-so generously gave us freedom to run riot in midfield. For whatever reason, Schweinsteiger get pushing up onto Cazorla, Rooney did nothing, and Carrick was left on his in midfield to deal with Ozil and Ramsey. The passing was precise and devastating in that period, like how it was against Leicester. So moral learnt: don't give us so much space.

The finishing was top class, too. We took the chances when they came, got a nice lead, then sat back on the counter for the rest of the game. I can't blame us for doing that, and it would have been difficult to keep up the same intensity all game, but I never felt safe, even at 3-0. There's something about team that doesn't inspire confidence in seeing out games, especially of this size. Cech had to make some really important saves.

Not trying to rain on the parade too much, but in future games like this, I'd be really concerned seeing us be so defensive with a narrow lead. Imagine, for example, we had a 1-0 lead against Bayern after 10 minutes. Do we sit back the rest of the game? I don't think we have capability of doing so without making a mistake.

Anyway, great performances from everybody who started. Cazorla dictated before the tactical change, Ozil revelled in the space, Ramsey was industrious, Alexis devastating, Walcott lively and threatening without scoring. Both full-backs and Cech were excellent when we went defensive. Also props to Wenger for making the changes he did: first putting Ramsey inside, then bringing on Giroud and Ox when Theo and Ozil were flagging.

Play with this type of desire at the start of every game and games will be a lot easier.

The stadium has been around for a decade. About time the municipality and/or the club did something about the infrastructure to handle 60k people at the end of a game.

It is disgraceful to watch fans leave before the final whistle on one of the biggest games we have had in a long time.

Easier said than done. The roads around the stadium are narrow and leave little room for expansion without knocking down residences. Entrance to Arsenal station also quite small.

Only thing they could do is build a new station for the line that runs near the stadium.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev on Sun 4 Oct - 19:09

Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Sun 4 Oct - 19:10

very good performance despite the brain farts in the second half, this is our best performance so far this season. The trio of Ozil,Sanchez and Theo tore Yanited a new one. Loving this new found efficiency, teams are scared shitless when we attack.Enjoyed the work rate of Ramsey, Coquelin and Santi in the middle. Ramsey ran his ass off on that right hand side, we din't see Young or Depay. Hats off to Cech for the cleansheet, I don't think we get a cleansheet in this game with another keeper.
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Sun 4 Oct - 19:15

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Not trying to rain on the parade too much, but in future games like this, I'd be really concerned seeing us be so defensive with a narrow lead. Imagine, for example, we had a 1-0 lead against Bayern after 10 minutes. Do we sit back the rest of the game? I don't think we have capability of doing so without making a mistake.

I don't think anyone can defend a 1-0 lead for 80 minutes against this Bayern team comfortably.

But I get the point. We need to be able to get goals early and then ride of the rest of the game, especially against bottom half prem teams.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Sun 4 Oct - 19:15

Completely see the game in the same way as Jay.

Also, wrt this:

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Easier said than done. The roads around the stadium are narrow and leave little room for expansion without knocking down residences. Entrance to Arsenal station also quite small.

Only thing they could do is build a new station for the line that runs near the stadium.

Yeah - never been to London, but I imagined that ought to have been the case. That said, 10 years is indeed a long time. And proactive planning should have ideally had the management/architects anticipate and address the problem early enough.

I know it is easy to sit halfway around the continent and complain about it. But I only wish it was a bit different and fans could enjoy the moment when the final whistle goes off on such an important match day! Sad
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun 4 Oct - 19:18

Walcott didn't score today but it is easy to see why we played so well in a way that we haven't for a long time.

3 goals + Cleansheet. I'm happy.
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Sun 4 Oct - 19:20

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Completely agree,

It's been the story of the season so far, defensively we are strong enough but lack of concentration and focus is what harming us. We always have these little moments during games where we will give the opposition a chance or two. Defensively the consistency isn't there yet, the only defender that has been performing consistently so far this season has been Monreal. The guy has been flawless, the others need to step up or else i can see us giving a few cheap goals like we have been doing so far this season.
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun 4 Oct - 19:21

Yea, I do wonder how we would have played against Bayern if we had taken the lead.

Surely can't expect them to not create and perform like United.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun 4 Oct - 19:25

We have proved before with the same squad that we can indeed keep a lead in a big match several times. I'm more concerned that we can't get the first goal often enough but when we do we usually keep the lead.

So scoring the first goal is important in such games for us because our biggest problem right now is dealing with a blow like conceding the first goal/a red card/injury before scoring.
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun 4 Oct - 19:31

Bayern's an extreme example because they'll smash anyone regardless, but when we go to City, or United again, and places like Everton and Spurs when we might need to grind out a game. Even Leicester made plenty of chances against us when the score was 4-1.

It may well just be a case of getting a settled backline in again. Gabriel and Mert have only played together four times now, and Gabriel and Koscielny haven't played much together, either. The keeper's new, too. The better the relationships get the less mistakes we'll see, probably.

So scoring the first goal is important in such games for us because our biggest problem right now is dealing with a blow like conceding the first goal/a red card/injury before scoring.

This is important, too. You only get the luxury of playing the way we did when you actually have a lead.

Yeah - never been to London, but I imagined that ought to have been the case. That said, 10 years is indeed a long time. And proactive planning should have ideally had the management/architects anticipate and address the problem early enough.

I know it is easy to sit halfway around the continent and complain about it. But I only wish it was a bit different and fans could enjoy the moment when the final whistle goes off on such an important match day

I wish it were like that as well. I've always stayed to end when I've gone to games, even if I have to stand in a line for nearly an hour to get back on a train. It's part of the day/experience Laughing

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Sun 4 Oct - 19:35; edited 1 time in total
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Sun 4 Oct - 19:35

The midfielders should also not give the ball away in dangerous areas.
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman on Sun 4 Oct - 20:01

We're a totally different team when Le Coq is back in the mix. At the start of the game, we were all over them. Theo is also really doing well to prove himself as a striker.

All around, fantastic performance. COYG

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev on Sun 4 Oct - 20:05

@Urban that avatar Laughing
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun 4 Oct - 20:07

Ramsey was fantastic. He hasn't scored or assisted for some time now but his performances are 10/10 every match. The way he defends from the flank and joins in attacks or provide an extra body in midfield when required. His technical ability and passing are both brilliant every match. There is a reason why Arsene never ever subs him off. He'd sub Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott, Coquelin and Cazorla before Ramsey.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQfIleaXAAIjpBb.jpg
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Sun 4 Oct - 20:09

Yeah.

If only he didn't dwell on the ball every now and then.........

Alright. It's a big win. I will let it go tonight. :coffee:
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Sun 4 Oct - 20:14

Apart from Coquelin in midfield in terms of defensive impact in a game, no one can do what Ramsey. He does everything. Pressing, closing down, snapping in to tackles even if you skin him he still has the energy to track back and start snapping in your ankles if you still have the ball. Sometimes its like he is playing 3 position at once Laughing
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 on Sun 4 Oct - 20:16

If we play like how we did n the first 20 min "QUICK n PRECISE passing" + "determined pressing" we can and will score against anyone, but will we ever play again like we did is another question, but until then drinking

Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Sun 4 Oct - 20:16

srigooner wrote:OMG ARSENE ACTUALLY DOING IN-GAME TACTICS

I AM GOING TO DIE

SAVE ME SOMEONE
Laughing

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Sun 4 Oct - 20:20

Theo has really proved himself over the last few games. Love his running and movement. He needs to keep this up now.
This was a carbon copy of the game against Napoli in the group stages a few years ago.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Sun 4 Oct - 21:39

srigooner wrote:The midfielders should also not give the ball away in dangerous areas.

We saw so much of this today, wasn't happy at all.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Sun 4 Oct - 21:47

We played the same against United at home last year just couldn't finish, this time we took our chances and should have punished them more, but 3 goals is good enough.

Monreal is a beast, should start every big game.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun 4 Oct - 21:49

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon 5 Oct - 16:39

srigooner wrote:The midfielders should also not give the ball away in dangerous areas.

I'll let Arsene know this so it doesn't happen in future.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Mon 5 Oct - 16:53

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

I'll let Arsene know this so it doesn't happen in future.

cc Bouldy please
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top