Juventus president advocates introducing B teams to Italy. Should Italy and England follow Germany and Spain's lead?

+10
futbol_bill
Adit
Hapless_Hans
McLewis
RealGunner
Robespierre
Art Morte
jibers
M99
BarrileteCosmico
14 posters

Go down

Juventus president advocates introducing B teams to Italy. Should Italy and England follow Germany and Spain's lead? - Page 2 Empty Re: Juventus president advocates introducing B teams to Italy. Should Italy and England follow Germany and Spain's lead?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Let's not pretend that small clubs have even a 0.1% chance of closing the gap between themselves and elite clubs in the next 50 years regardless of which clubs do or don't get a successful B team up and running.

Great idea, i'm all for it.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Juventus president advocates introducing B teams to Italy. Should Italy and England follow Germany and Spain's lead? - Page 2 Empty Re: Juventus president advocates introducing B teams to Italy. Should Italy and England follow Germany and Spain's lead?

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:26 am

Art Morte wrote:100% disagree. Football shouldn't be about creating fake clubs just to accommodate the big clubs' youth and reserve players.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:37 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Let's not pretend that small clubs have even a 0.1% chance of closing the gap between themselves and elite clubs in the next 50 years regardless of which clubs do or don't get a successful B team up and running.

Great idea, i'm all for it.

Well certainly, it's a great deal for the likes of Juve, Roma, Inter, and Milan, but why should they benefit from this solely when the likes of a Chievo, Hellas, Palermo etc may not? That's my principal opposition to this.

I just think everyone should be starting from the same starting spots so that the path to success with this model is far more level. Of course, should this happen, I highly doubt what I believe should happen will happen. This is Italy after all. But one can hope.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:45 am

You could argue that the halt of youth development because certain clubs are in a much better position than others is wrong, too. It's like everybody in class being limited to the same learning material and tasks that the slowest kid can handle.

Let the teams who have already accomplished something reap the rewards of having B teams. It's more about the countries young players getting real opportunities anyway instead of being passed around from bench to bench like a reject.

Let's be honest here, if all of those inferior clubs had B teams their top prospects would soon be divided between the aforementioned clubs anyway for a couple Million euro's per player.

TL;DR version, football isn't fair. No reason to stop Bigger clubs from developing the countries youth and reaping the rewards because small teams wouldn't benefit.

Also, the main thing here is that the youngsters get the best chances possible to develop which does not happen in the current set up because what trophy hunting club would be stupid enough to water down a top class team with teenagers? And what smaller club is going to keep on developing young loanees for the top clubs without getting much in return?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:23 am

McLewis wrote:

Simple. If Juve gets a B-team, so too should Carpi. If this isn't possible, then I don't think this will work.

And why do you think this is not what it's like in Bundesliga?
Actually, in Bundesliga, every club HAD to have a second team, it's a new ruling that you can opt out.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:41 pm

I find it really surprising there are posters who disagree to this. This is would be, no, this is an excellent idea for both Italy and England, particularly Italy. If the English don't agree, which I must agree with Jibers, they'll be the last one to implement this, I hope the Italians don't be so short sighted.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:48 pm

Look, I'm not simply being an idealist here nor am I not resigned to the reality that if this comes to pass, it'll be exactly as Tom described. I think we can all agree that's what's gonna happen here.

All I'm getting at is that this has little to no value for fans of smaller clubs, who will simply shrug their shoulder at it. Whether that's Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga. Sides like Sassuolo are a breath of fresh air for this league and I think it's a shame this won't really help them get better than they are expected to be.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down