BarrileteCosmico
Robespierre
Hapless_Hans
VendettaRed07
DeletedUser#1
70 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:26 pm

think Pool will be able to attract better players now at least with his reputation

Reus to Pool next summer?  @Don't call me James Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 2 QbadP

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager

Post by Glory Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:43 pm

As much I admire the man, him going to pool will be painful, not denying that.
But then a strong liverpool is good for the league as them doing well will push especially us even further. So all is not bad. Thumbs up
The last United-pool match was sooo piss poor in terms of fire and blood aggression cos of that negative pos BR and the way he set them up. So yea get in Klopp. Hopefully we too will appoint some one as exciting as him after Van gaal era. hopefully not someone who goes by the name Ryan Giggs. silent

Thinking like a neutral , it will be a smart move, Klopp to Kop. has to be said.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Tbh seeing another character and fantastic coach coming to England is great for me, also another team who will actually play decent football is good too.

A few years ago this would have really pissed me off, but considering how shit we are now i struggle not to give a shit.

Good luck to him and hopefully he brings success to Liverpool.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:02 pm

It will be interesting to me to see how he sets up the team, and what kind of changes are coming. I think ideally it would be nice to see this:

Mignolet
Clyne - Lovren - Sakho - Can
Henderson - Coutinho
Sturridge - Firmino - Moreno
Benteke

That's of course if he tries to implement the same base tactic that he used with Dortmund for so long. Should be interesting regardless. Obviously that's with a fully healthy squad.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Is this official yet
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Nah but it's been reported everywhere so it's quite obviously going to happen.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:56 pm

This got to be Liverpools best move in years ffs

Get in Liverpool :bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:08 pm

I have no idea why people assume Klopp coming in means Liverpool will attract top players again.

It will again mostly be based on how Liverpool fare on the pitch.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:09 pm

Wonder how the British players will work under Klopp

He'll probably want to get rid of half the squad.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:12 pm

S wrote:I have no idea why people assume Klopp coming in means Liverpool will attract top players again.

It will again mostly be based on how Liverpool fare on the pitch.

I suppose one would assume that he would provide a big boost in on the pitch performances and results which will lead to better players?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Let's not forget how bad every other team is and how early it is in the season.

A great run of 10 matches of wins and few draws would take liverpool right in the race for top 4 with United and Arsenal.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Gundogan, Reus, Hummels, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang IN

Lovren, Allen, Milner, Toure, Lallana OUT
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:15 pm

How big a boost ?

Finishing top 4 won't get you Reus.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Winning the league wouldn't get you Reus lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Reus is destined for one of the super clubs if he moves.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:54 pm

For Liverpool it's the best possible solution after Brendan Rodgers but I feel Klopp will have a hard time at Liverpool. Their squad needs so much change it's ridiculous, he can't replace those average players who are somehow the best players in the club in one or even two transfers windows. As far as I know don't have some great talents coming up either (I could be wrong here).

Apart from Pep Guardiola I don't think anyone can make the current Liverpool team (this season) a top 4 team. So I think expectations need to be managed for a little, while Klopp is a great manager he's no magician. In Dortmund he had great youngsters coming up and the time to find necessary solutions to create a great team. I hope Liverpool give him that aswell.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Has Gary Monk been announced yet?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:03 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:For Liverpool it's the best possible solution after Brendan Rodgers but I feel Klopp will have a hard time at Liverpool. Their squad needs so much change it's ridiculous, he can't replace those average players who are somehow the best players in the club in one or even two transfers windows. As far as I know don't have some great talents coming up either (I could be wrong here).

Apart from Pep Guardiola I don't think anyone can make the current Liverpool team (this season) a top 4 team. So I think expectations need to be managed for a little, while Klopp is a great manager he's no magician. In Dortmund he had great youngsters coming up and the time to find necessary solutions to create a great team. I hope Liverpool give him that aswell.

So Liverpool have no good players and no good youth players either. Damn, what a sorry state. Why would Klopp even consider such a move?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Well, first of all, Liverpool shouldn't suddenly raise their expectations through the roof.

Curtinho, you formulated some sensible expectations by which to judge whether Rodgers was doing a good job or not.
If I remember right these were a meaningful challenge for top 4 (with 5th not being a desaster if it's close) and one or more deep runs in cup competitions.

These same expectations should of course apply for Klopp now, not higher ones, with a certain leeway since he's coming in midseason with a few points off top 4, and a few points dropped in EL, already.

As for the squad and players, let's wait and see.
I remember Utd fans anticipating LvG to get rid of the supposed 'deadwood', players they were rubbishing like Fellaini and Young.
Lo and behold, Fellaini and Young have been among Utd's top performers under van Gaal.

Who knows what Klopp will see when he assesses the squad.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Well, first of all, Liverpool shouldn't suddenly raise their expectations through the roof.

Curtinho, you formulated some sensible expectations by which to judge whether Rodgers was doing a good job or not.
If I remember right these were a meaningful challenge for top 4 (with 5th not being a desaster if it's close) and one or more deep runs in cup competitions.

These same expectations should of course apply for Klopp now, not higher ones, with a certain leeway since he's coming in midseason with a few points off top 4, and a few points dropped in EL, already.

As for the squad and players, let's wait and see.
I remember Utd fans anticipating LvG to get rid of the supposed 'deadwood', players they were rubbishing like Fellaini and Young.
Lo and behold, Fellaini and Young have been among Utd's top performers under van Gaal.

Who knows what Klopp will see when he assesses the squad.

I think he gets a carte blanche for the first half-season entirely. They're not his players, they've been drilled in a completely different system and they aren't exactly playing well to begin with. I mean, I would really not like to see him near the relegation zone obviously, and I still think the squad is capable of competing for the top 4 (especially with this season's form from some of the other teams) but sometimes taking to a new coach takes time, and he's trying to make up for the 'failings' of another manager.

We'll see how it goes. I think next season would be more realistic to expect from him a meaningful challenge for the top 4 and deep runs in cup competitions, though it is still certainly attainable this season if he can get the players on board and drilled quickly enough.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Yep. That's what I meant with leeway.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Curtinho wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:For Liverpool it's the best possible solution after Brendan Rodgers but I feel Klopp will have a hard time at Liverpool. Their squad needs so much change it's ridiculous, he can't replace those average players who are somehow the best players in the club in one or even two transfers windows. As far as I know don't have some great talents coming up either (I could be wrong here).

So Liverpool have no good players and no good youth players either. Damn, what a sorry state. Why would Klopp even consider such a move?

Stop acting like a child and read what I said before quoting me.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Your exact words "those average players who are somehow the best players in the club". That's a pretty telling statement in and of itself. Let others read into it what they wish, but there are many players on the team that are far from 'average'.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:31 pm

All klopp has to do to massively improve Liverpool is stop the silly goals going in at the back. That breeds confidence and with everyone fit Liverpool have the talent to score goals.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:49 pm

As I said 2 years ago, Top 4 is talk of losers. It's title or bust. We are 6 points behind league leaders having played 4 very difficult away games and a top manager who will galvanize the club and players is about to take over. Anything is possible. With Klopp, I'm also very hopeful of our chances at EL this season. Winning that amazing competition gets you a guaranteed Ticket to the CL, something the Losers trophy (4th) doesn't.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:53 pm

Premier League is garbage. It's not as its some sort of strong league with super competition. The fact that an appalling Arsenal side who got raped by Olympicos & and Dynamo Zagreb LOL in CL are somehow the 2nd favourites to win the title tells you all you need to know about the state of this league. A bit of smart management and every team is beatable. We have no super teams like Barca/Bayern/Real/PSG here. In PL, as long as you play an open game and score goals and goals and play with tempo and intensity, you always have a chance

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next