Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Re: Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager

Post by VivaStPauli on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:40 am

How didn't he have a point with that?
You're putting words into his mouth. He said they didn't have the luck necessary to win, the other side had it, which is true however you look at it.
They were lucky Ramos didn't get sent off, that Karius got a quick concussion, and they were lucky a volley'ed bicycle kick went in.

And we both know that both Liverpool and Real had to get lucky once or twice to even get to the final.

The statement even implies that had they won, there would have also been an element of luck to it. This isn't disparaging anyone (except maybe Ramos).

Also, it's probably worth pointing out that Klopp only talked about the final again, at all, after basically being badgered by the reporters on the subject.
I know click bait topic baits clicks, but still, you could at least scroll past the headlines.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:51 am

Was there luck involved? Sure, bu you require some luck in almost every game you play if that's the way you want to look at things. Klopp is being a sore loser, even if he doesn't admit it.
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:53 am

Have you watched that final? Who besides Madrid fans looked at that and was like "yep, football won today"?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:57 am

Many neutrals thought it was a fair game. Only Liverpool fans or sympathizers think Bale scoring a bicycle kick is lucky Laughing
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:00 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:Many neutrals thought it was a fair game. Only Liverpool fans or sympathizers think Bale scoring a bicycle kick is lucky Laughing

I admit that that isn't the strong part of the argument I'd get hung up on. I still think it's lucky, but by that I don't mean that it's undeserved or doesn't involve skill. I just think that taking a volley shot with an overhead kick is a gamble that has less than 50/50 odds of going in, so it's not exactly wrong to talk about "luck" in that regard.
The Ramos antics, though, are what I'd focus on. Liverpool were doing really, really well until Salah was off and Karius was concussed.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:01 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:Many neutrals thought it was a fair game. Only Liverpool fans or sympathizers think Bale scoring a bicycle kick is lucky Laughing

Doubt Bale's goal is what people point as lucky, it's the other two goals which people point to.

I mean they probably would have lost anyway but I can understand why they feel how they do.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:02 pm

What Mole said, basically.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:27 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:

I admit that that isn't the strong part of the argument I'd get hung up on. I still think it's lucky,  but by that I don't mean that it's undeserved or doesn't involve skill. I just think that taking a volley shot with an overhead kick is a gamble that has less than 50/50 odds of going in, so it's not exactly wrong to talk about "luck" in that regard.
The Ramos antics, though, are what I'd focus on. Liverpool were doing really, really well until Salah was off and Karius was concussed.

For the sake of the argument, I just checked both incidents again:

1. The one on Salah is just a one-on-one challenged that doesn't look malicious at all, very unfortunate for Salah. These kinds of tackles happen in football all the time and you don't ever hear an outrage. This is only a big deal because it happened to be Sergio Ramos.

2. The one on Karius looks nasty but you can clearly see Ramos being pushed by van Dijk on the back and he was really trying to protect himself from injury as these kind of pushes can be really nasty. My question though is why didn't Liverpool's medical check him up and if they did, why didn't Klopp take him off?

I know the feeling, believe me, not only as an Arsenal fan but as a Houston Rockets fan. In the 2006 CL final we lost to Barcelona due to the stupidity of Jens Lehmann and for a long time I believed it was unjust that he lost that final but I've also realized a long ago that this is the game, you get some you lose some and you need a lot of luck to win big trophies all the way through. It's really pointless to argue about "lucky teams" because every team needs some luck to win especially in a final.
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:30 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Doubt Bale's goal is what people point as lucky, it's the other two goals which people point to.

I mean they probably would have lost anyway but I can understand why they feel how they do.

Klopp said that Bale's goal was lucky man, it's literally in this thread.
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Lol our win lucky? We were so comfortable Bale attempted a bicycle kick he hadn't done in his whole RM career. Luck rofl
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:45 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:Have you watched that final? Who besides Madrid fans looked at that and was like "yep, football won today"?
no one thinks like that lol, only on GL you see this type of statement

We beat them because we're were better lol simple as that. And having more experience is part of that quality, not making mistakes is also part of that.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Klopp also claiming that Karius was 100% influenced by the knock is laughable.

1st goal he made a stupid mistake that has nothing to do with being concussed. He wanted to play fast and he made a dumb mistake

2nd goal he couldn't do a thing about that overhead kick

3rd goal is because he is a shit keeper with a shit technique, trying to palm a missile from Bale. He made the same save against Roma on a long shot and the ball went on the bar.

All due respect Karius is just a terrible goalkeeper, someone Klopp took a bet on so he is just now trying to save his reputation.

Just like the hypocritical BS he came up with when United signed Pogba. Now he is now saying a thing about big fees for players

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:48 pm

What klopp should of said is manure paying 100mil for a dab merchant is why I’m now forced into paying 60mil for one of the best keepers in the world. And wtf is this sore loser bullshit. Forget all that shaking hands and hugs crap at the end of the game it’s all for show. People that are good losers don’t get to play at the top level. And yes the bale goal was lucky. When he retires after 20 years of football see how many goals like that one he has. It’s like saying if a guy wins the lottery he’s not lucky because he got the ticket and picked the numbers.

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:27 pm

^ Being a sore loser means you don't accept the deserved defeat gracefully. Instead, you try to come up with excuses to justify the loss and you don't hold yourself accountable for your own mistakes and you completely exonerate yourself from any blame.

What Klopp is doing here is the definition of being a sore loser.

You want an example of how to act with class? Ronaldo scored an overhead-kick in front of 40000 Juventino, and instead of calling it "luck", they stood up and clapped. Then later Max came out and praised Ronaldo for it.

Even in the return leg when they came really, really close to knocking Madrid out, their coach expressed his anger but didn't hide behind some excuse to justify the defeat.

They lost 4-3 on agg, while Liverpool lost 3-1. They had more reasons than you to whine and complain but they did far less than you.

What I'm trying to say here is that you lost fair and square. Klopp needs to sit down and shut the f up.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:37 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:^ Being a sore loser means you don't accept the deserved defeat gracefully. Instead, you try to come up with excuses to justify the loss and you don't hold yourself accountable for your own mistakes and you completely exonerate yourself from any blame.

What Klopp is doing here is the definition of being a sore loser.

You want an example of how to act with class? Ronaldo scored an overhead-kick in front of 40000 Juventino, and instead of calling it "luck", they stood up and clapped. Then later Max came out and praised Ronaldo for it.

Even in the return leg when they came really, really close to knocking Madrid out, their coach expressed his anger but didn't hide behind some excuse to justify the defeat.

They lost 4-3 on agg, while Liverpool lost 3-1. They had more reasons than you to whine and complain but they did far less than you.

What I'm trying to say here is that you lost fair and square. Klopp needs to sit down and shut the f up.

no body. And I mean no body whines more than Madrid. The Madrid fans and the Madrid players. It’s like the club collects ass holes.

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Madrid players?? When have you seen them whine. Our club is the classiest club in Europe. And I don't say that because I am a Madrid fan. Fans are a different thing, there's a mix of bad and good.

Klopp is a perrenial underachiever who talks too much. Has won less in Europe than Emery ffs.
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:47 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:Madrid players?? When have you seen them whine. Our club is the classiest club in Europe. And I don't say that because I am a Madrid fan. Fans are a different thing, there's a mix of bad and good.

Klopp is a perrenial underachiever who talks too much. Has won less in Europe than Emery ffs.
no point with this debate if your just gonna talk bolox.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:53 pm

@Unique wrote:
@halamadrid2 wrote:Madrid players?? When have you seen them whine. Our club is the classiest club in Europe. And I don't say that because I am a Madrid fan. Fans are a different thing, there's a mix of bad and good.

Debates are based upon arguments. Now, I have been here for three years and a half, and I have never seen you support your poorly articulated opinions with arguments. Not once.

Maybe you should think about cleaning "bollocks" off your posts before suggesting somebody else does it.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:17 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:
@Unique wrote:

Debates are based upon arguments. Now, I have been here for three years and a half, and I have never seen you support your poorly articulated opinions with arguments. Not once.

Maybe you should think about cleaning "bollocks" off your posts before suggesting somebody else does it.
when you talk to someone that says stupid things like Madrid players?? When have you seen them whine. Our club is the classiest club in Europe. then its time to end the debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:14 pm

The classiest club in Europe ffs rofl rofl rofl

There's a certain amount of bias towards your team that's acceptable but this is just ridiculous ffs

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:16 am

Well Nick isn't entirely wrong. Remove Karius and the teams are even. So yeah overall Real was better because they had a better keeper, that's about it.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:52 am

Laughing if you say so
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:55 am

@Cruijf wrote:The classiest club in Europe ffs rofl rofl rofl

There's a certain amount of bias towards your team that's acceptable but this is just ridiculous ffs
It's OK to be jealous of the classiest most successful team in modern time
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:25 am

@halamadrid2 wrote:Laughing if you say so

On that day ofcourse.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:59 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:
@Cruijf wrote:The classiest club in Europe ffs rofl rofl rofl

It's OK to be jealous of the classiest most successful team in modern time
and what scandinavian country is it you come from. Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:53 pm

@Nishankly wrote:Well Nick isn't entirely wrong. Remove Karius and the teams are even. So yeah overall Real was better because they had a better keeper, that's about it.
my lord the delusion, teams are even rofl keep telling yourself that buddy, if it makes losing any easier lol

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next