Winter Window

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Curtinho on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:40 pm

@Art Morte wrote:Apparently we turned down a 3m offer from Watford for Sinclair, quite stupid of us if true lol. He'll be a free agent in the summer and isn't signing a new deal.

Maybe he will sign a new deal? Klopp has used him twice now.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4626
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Unique on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:51 pm

@Curtinho wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:Apparently we turned down a 3m offer from Watford for Sinclair, quite stupid of us if true lol. He'll be a free agent in the summer and isn't signing a new deal.

Maybe he will sign a new deal? Klopp has used him twice now.
i doubt it. he thinks he should play every week..

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 13391
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Unique on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:55 pm

looks like no deals for us on dead line day witch is a bit sad but better than panic buying crap for silly money. 4th is gone now anyway so get the players we have fit then build in the summer.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 13391
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Unique on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:42 pm

alex teixeira has moved to china for £35mil. wtf Shocked

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 13391
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Curtinho on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:46 pm

Did we really need any more proof that money talks? Teixeira would be playing for Liverpool if we ponied up the money. Obviously they didn't think he was worth 50m. End of. Time to move on.

_________________
Walk on with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
avatar
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 4626
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Unique on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:53 pm

@Curtinho wrote:Did we really need any more proof that money talks? Teixeira would be playing for Liverpool if we ponied up the money. Obviously they didn't think he was worth 50m. End of. Time to move on.
sky saying we bid £30mil. we were offered £3mil for sinclear so I'm sure we could have found the extra 2 mil

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 13391
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Don't call me James on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:57 pm

We didn't offer close to 30m. I think it was 24m + 4 add ons or something. It was confirmed by the Shakhtar director.


_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Unique on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:08 pm

@Don't call me James wrote:We didn't offer close to 30m. I think it was 24m + 4 add ons or something. It was confirmed by the Shakhtar director.

you have to ask why a player of that age and quality would move to china

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 13391
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Art Morte on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:14 am

He just wanted to make money. Nothing wrong with that, really, although purely from a football perspective it does feel disappointing that a quality player like him goes to a weak league without ever playing at the top level.
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16159
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Helmer on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:32 pm

So Joel Matip is set to join us in the summer :coffee: very good signing imo. And I just hope now that we let Toure go.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8547
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Why? What's you guys' problem with Kolo? He's been quietly starting now all this time and hasn't set a foot wrong.

Why the sneering? Why do you need to 'get rid' etc pp? What's wrong with having an experienced backup?

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 25092
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Helmer on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:59 pm

What do you think? How many CBs should a club have? And what do you think, is Kolo going to be younger or older in the next season? And what do you think, should a young CB get a chance in his place so that we can develop him for future?

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8547
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by donttreadonred on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:07 pm

@Helmer wrote:What do you think? How many CBs should a club have? And what do you think, is Kolo going to be younger or older in the next season? And what do you think, should a young CB get a chance in his place so that we can develop him for future?
Unfortunately for Kolo, he's only getting older. (That's just how time works. Even for Kolo...)

I think a club should carry 4 CBs that can reasonably be relied upon in the league for at least the odd start. For us, that has meant Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel, and Toure for the past few seasons. With Matip signing, you have to think he'll likely start alongside Sakho. The interesting question will be to see how the other CBs round out.

My guess would be that Kolo will be allowed to leave and one of Lovren/Skrtel will be sold (likely Sktel, in my opinion). That effectively opens one "regular" starting spot up for grabs. There's a chance that Ilori could slot in as that CB. I don't think Joe Gomez is quite ready at CB, especially given his injury layoff. We could also go out and get a 4th CB in the window (maybe just purchase Caulker on the cheap).

Now, whether Matip will see up our defensive issues, I'm not certain. He's looked very good this season, but he'll be adjusting to a new country and league. The good news is that he should have a full preseason and he's free. We could still be looking for more defensive additions... Or we could be saving the funds for larger outlays in other areas (i.e. Striker DM and winger)

avatar
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2208
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by iftikhar on Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:07 pm

@donttreadonred wrote:
@Helmer wrote:What do you think? How many CBs should a club have? And what do you think, is Kolo going to be younger or older in the next season? And what do you think, should a young CB get a chance in his place so that we can develop him for future?
Unfortunately for Kolo, he's only getting older. (That's just how time works. Even for Kolo...)

I think a club should carry 4 CBs that can reasonably be relied upon in the league for at least the odd start. For us, that has meant Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel, and Toure for the past few seasons. With Matip signing, you have to think he'll likely start alongside Sakho. The interesting question will be to see how the other CBs round out.

My guess would be that Kolo will be allowed to leave and one of Lovren/Skrtel will be sold (likely Sktel, in my opinion). That effectively opens one "regular" starting spot up for grabs. There's a chance that Ilori could slot in as that CB. I don't think Joe Gomez is quite ready at CB, especially given his injury layoff. We could also go out and get a 4th CB in the window (maybe just purchase Caulker on the cheap).

Now, whether Matip will see up our defensive issues, I'm not certain. He's looked very good this season, but he'll be adjusting to a new country and league. The good news is that he should have a full preseason and he's free. We could still be looking for more defensive additions... Or we could be saving the funds for larger outlays in other areas (i.e. Striker DM and winger)

Nicely put, DTR; as always Thumbs up

I think the CB composition for next season largely depends on how Ilori develops in the reminder of this season. If he can present himself as a valid contender, then it could be: Sakho, Matip, Lovren and Ilori. However if he doesn't then it could be: Sakho, Matip, Lovren and Skrtel.
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7884
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Unique on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:53 am

Jurgen Klopp could renew his interest in Leroy Sane, Granit Xhaka and Mario Gotze in the summer.


That is according to Bundesliga expert Kristian Sommer.

Liverpool have already agreed a deal for Sane’s Schalke teammate Joel Matip.

Gotze was a favourite of Klopp’s during his time at Borussia Dortmund, while Xhaka was a target for a handful of Premier League clubs in January.

And Sommer thinks deals for all three players would be a tantalising prospect.

“Definitely, because it is the league he knows inside out,” Sommer told the Liverpool Echo.

“Matip's teammate at Schalke Leroy Sané is currently being chased by many Premier League clubs.

“Also Granit Xhaka from Mönchengladbach could be a possible target for the position in defensive midfield and it could be quite interesting to see what happens with one of Klopp's former favorites, Mario Götze in the summer.

“However Liverpool would not only have to pay a lot of money but reach the Champions League. Who knows?”

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 13391
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Window

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum