Benitez comments on Benz

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Benitez comments on Benz

Post by FalcaoPunch on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:04 am

This is in regards to the statements Benzema made regarding always seeing the number 9 on the substitution board. With which he had responded with "ask the coach". Now I know there was more said by him like it was sub to protect the result (Atl. Madrid Match).

But now I'm reading some comments made by Benitez. "I would also be upset if I were to get subbed out. But I would take that, react, and try to score two goals in order to not get subbed"


What do you guys think?
I don't agree with Benitez comments one bit.


avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4078
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by Kick on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:06 am

Seems like something Benitez shouldn't be saying to the media.

If Benzema has a problem with him, they should sort it out away from the microphones.

Silly move from both parties.

_________________


#Carefree #kaspbffl
avatar
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 33234
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by sportsczy on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:37 am

Maybe it took me posting that Benz lack balls for him to grow a pair suddenly? Laughing Nobody would be happier than me if it happens btw. A year or two late... but better late than never.

Now he needs to show up for NT.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 15142
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by LeSwagg James on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:09 am

So basically he's saying Benzema scoring one goal is not enough Laughing

What a joke

_________________
avatar
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6589
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by halamadrid2 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:40 am

rofl you've got to be kidding me. He ACTUALLY said that Laughing

He also said about Isco that if he wants to play more he needs to score more. He's never been a good goalscorer ever so I don't know where that came from. Him trying to be a goalscorer is probably the reason for his bad form right now

Watch him say to Carvajal if he wants to start over Danilo he needs to score more lol what a joker
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 18315
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by titosantill on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:44 am

i would have said maybe this was rafa's style of motivation, but the fact he only seems to do it with certain players can be a bit problematic in the locker room. if reporter's ask you about cristiano's form, and u don't say "he needs to score 2", but u say the other guy scoring should score two so as not to be subbed off it seems biased. if rafa's smart they'll sort this out next training session. if he's trying to be 'mourinho-esque' with the slick talk, he should quit it. i don't mind coaches challenging their players, i mind them doing it in the presence of the media and public. i do not mind his 25 goal challenge, in fact, i like it. but we didn't need to hear it. you don't need to tell the public and the media for the players to get the message. speaking to them on the training ground everyday should be more than enough motivation
avatar
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:45 pm

If you guy are going to react to an individual quote by the coach, at least read or quote the entire statement!!!!

That single sentence totally misrepresents what was actually stated.
avatar
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2598
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by Myesyats on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Benitez what a moron :facepalm:

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 6611
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by chad4401 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Kick wrote:Seems like something Benitez shouldn't be saying to the media.

If Benzema has a problem with him, they should sort it out away from the microphones.

Silly move from both parties.


this i thought it was weird from benzema to speak out, since carlo kinda handled him similar, maybe he liked carlo more or he and rafa made some agreement, but its too early for public statements from each parties.

benzema needs to chill with going public, work harder like he said and demand more service!!!.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4046
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by FalcaoPunch on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:11 pm

futbol_bill wrote:If you guy are going to react to an individual quote by the coach, at least read or quote the entire statement!!!!

That single sentence totally misrepresents what was actually stated.


Not really. Unless AS had the incorrect quotes.

Benitez tries to relate to Benzemas situation.
Claims he's be upset/bothered at the fact that he's subbed.
Also claims (while relating to the situation as a forward) that he would react to the decision and try to score two goals next time so he wouldn't be subbed.

Then he sprinkles on that there is no problem and everything is professional etc etc
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4078
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by chad4401 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 pm

hmm now that i think about it.... rafa just gave benzema a license to shoot at will no? since a brace or more means no subbing, this season is gonna be interesting for a lot of reasons... hope the team keeps it together on the pitch.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4046
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:59 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:If you guy are going to react to an individual quote by the coach, at least read or quote the entire statement!!!!

That single sentence totally misrepresents what was actually stated.



Not really. Unless AS had the incorrect quotes.

Benitez tries to relate to Benzemas situation.
Claims he's be upset/bothered at the fact that he's subbed.
Also claims (while relating to the situation as a forward) that he would react to the decision and try to score two goals next time so he wouldn't be subbed.

Then he sprinkles on that there is no problem and everything is professional etc etc

Here's the entire statement.
Benzema
"Tengo bastante buena relación. Es un jugadorazo. Le he puesto el reto de 20 o 25 goles y estoy encantado con él. Yo también estaría cabreado si me quitara el entrenador. Pero reaccionaría e intentaría marcar dos goles para que no me cambien. No he tenido ningún problema con él. Si hace falta lo volveré a cambiar. Karim es un fenómeno. Lo único que haría si fuese Karim, y es lo que espero que haga porque no tengo ninguna duda, es meter más goles para que así el entrenador la próxima vez no me tenga que cambiar y decir: ‘bueno, pues aquí estoy yo".

I'll leave the translation , but it is clearly different than what you say has been presented by AS (Not that anything AS puts out these days has any truth to it).
avatar
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2598
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by titosantill on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:42 pm

i don't have any problem with what rafa said. i have a problem with these challenges being presented to the media. a coach should always challenge his players, but the media and us as fans don't need to know, and the players shouldn't be getting their information from the media as it leaves things open to manipulation. if you've told him what he should do in the locker room, that should be enough
avatar
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by chad4401 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:59 pm

rafa challenging benzema publicly is alright, since most fans think benz gets a free pass from flo anyways, so fans can focus on whether or not benz delivers, than guessing what his ambitions or role in the team is, so this is ok and benz prob gave rafa the green light, to tell the media about the agreement, the number i believe is more than what rafa is saying though, im looking for 35-40 goals tbh.

I always thought carlo saying benzema doesn't need to score, cause he is a great footballer, is understandable but as a CF that a mistake, sure he was trying to shield him but more likely he was saying cr and bale are the scorers and benz is support, that sends the wrong message and it reflected in a lot of games.

end of the day i can't wait for the politics to be over, the words going back and forth between benz and rafa now, is a step in the right direction imo.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4046
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:23 am

Did you guys read the original quote? It's 90% praise for Benz and you guys are focusing on the remaining 10% Laughing

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 21862
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Did you guys read the original quote? It's 90% praise for Benz and you guys are focusing on the remaining 10% Laughing


He was joking when he said that he should have scored 2 btw

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 9901
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by FalcaoPunch on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Did you guys read the original quote? It's 90% praise for Benz and you guys are focusing on the remaining 10% Laughing


I only read the article and everything bill posted, I've seen already. Maybe I'll see the video because reading is one thing and hearing is another.

But I stick by what I interpreted in the beginning. It comes off as "if I don't want to get subbed I should try to score two goals".

Considering Benzemas role in the team along with Bale and Ronaldo, he's never been the "designated" goal scorer. So I'm not sure what was Rafa's point making that statement.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4078
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by titosantill on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:14 am

i read it, didn't hear it (which makes everything absolutely different)...wasn't sure if the phenomenon part was him joking laughing being truthful or being sarcastic. whatever the case, my guess is they've sorted everything out, if it ever was a thing to begin with, and not just the media looking for clicks. chapter closed from me.
avatar
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by FalcaoPunch on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:27 am

titosantill wrote:i read it, didn't hear it (which makes everything absolutely different)...wasn't sure if the phenomenon part was him joking laughing being truthful or being sarcastic. whatever the case, my guess is they've sorted everything out, if it ever was a thing to begin with, and not just the media looking for clicks. chapter closed from me.

Same just wanted to know if anyone got the same impression that I did. I'm sure it's nothing at this point
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4078
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by sportsczy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:17 am

Benz was held out of the collective practice for NT so Deez may be on to something here...

I think this is completely blown out of proportion. The reporter asked a whole bunch of questions and one of Benz' quotes was sensationalized because context wasn't given. Same with Rafa's words.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 15142
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by titosantill on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:42 am

i do have to say in conclusion, brilliant move from AS, slow news day, we don't play till the 17th and just off the back of a draw with atleti....same way marca's desperate to stir up something between rafa and ramos, and ramos rightly told them he's not ready to give them headlines about his coach
avatar
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by Adit on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:16 pm

Benitez comments about Benzema isnt the one concerning me. Its his actions that is concerning me. He subbed of Benzema when Ronaldo was literally the worst player on the pitch (arbeloa doesnt count). The 'you have to ask the coach' reply was clearly a disagreement showed by the Benzema on the substitution. Benzema is pissed off and rightly so,the substitution should have been Vasquez for Ronaldo.

Ramos took a shot on Benitez imo. He said ''every one makes mistakes and people have the right to criticize it.You have the right to criticize me just like you have the right to criticize the substitutions'' ---something along the lines.That is Ramos hinting to the media that Benitez's substitutions were awful which it was.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9009
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:23 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Did you guys read the original quote? It's 90% praise for Benz and you guys are focusing on the remaining 10% Laughing


futbol jr is letting us down by not translating the post of his grandad IMO

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 19843
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by futbol_bill on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Hans, if these guys can't read a bit of Spanish then they are forever getting wrong impressions. These english versions of Marca etc are horrendous.

Just read thru this entire thread and you can easily see how these guys are falling for the media desperately trying to create news!!!!

And what's it all about really:

1. We knew before the season that there would be lots of substitutions / rotations and it wouldn't sit well with some players.

2. We also knew that Benitez will have to play (and not rotate) Bale and Ronaldo.

3. And we knew that he was going to be challenging Benz.

4. So what's the new story?

5. And regarding Ramos (and I am his biggest (maybe only) fan), he clearly was passing a message on to Benitez. But once again, I think he would be better to admit he was lucky with his huge error and it wasn't the substitution of Arbeloa itself that cost us that goal, it was likely that Arbeloa was chosen over Nacho. But it seems his biggest complain was Benitez had told them to play back in 2nd half which Ramos says was wrong tactic against Atleti. He may have a valid point, but thru the media is not the right way to say this.
avatar
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2598
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm not familiar with all this, but to me it seems there's hell of a lot of ego and power play going on.
Didn't Ramos use AS this summer to blackmail the club into his contract demands? He's apparently now trying to remind everyone of his power.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 19843
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Benitez comments on Benz

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum