RealGunner
McLewis
31 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead III - Page 4 Empty Re: The Walking Dead III

Post by elitedam Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:37 pm

There's no way that Glen is dead.

It was cheap and stupid for them to pretend it was Glenn and not Nicholas getting eaten up. Up until that moment I thought it was a pretty good scene because I wasn't sure what former asshole Nicholas was gonna do. But to try to play it off like omg, Glenn's dead ruined it for me.

Anyways, it's been a pretty good start to the season considering my expectations.

elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:15 pm

yea i dont think he's dead aswell. but fk me that was stupid scene, cheap move.

Im still pissed cause everytime they run or expect to run into a mob of zombies, they never fking cover themselves in zombie flesh or do what michone did when they first introduced her
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:59 pm

I think you just have to ignore it and accept that's how this show is. It's like the ninja zombies for me. It's ridiculous but I've learned to accept that in The Walking Dead universe there were a lot of ninjas before the outbreak and after they turned they've maintained their stealth capabilities.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Glenn is dead fml

It would be the worst cop out if he's not dead. He's dead. I don't like his death scene but he's done, unless he comes back as a walker.

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Well, the guy is blocked with the dumpster from one side and a herd of walkers from the other; realistically speaking, there's no way he can escape. Unless, they get distracted by a horn and leave him alone.

Here's the problem, Nicholas' corpse isn't covering Glenn's entire body, so walkers have his face, a big chunk of his chest and his legs all exposed. So even if we were to assume he's going to lay still beneath the remains of Nicholas, walkers will inevitably get a bite from his exposed parts.

Of course, there could be a twist and Glenn turns out to be alive; but the show would lose its credibility.

They didn't have to put Glenn in that situation, it was a pointless and more importantly an unfitting death to one of TWD's main and best characters. But now that he's been put there, he has to be killed off.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:02 pm

Three episodes into the season and BOOM! Glenn is dead!!

lol at the denial reaction by some of you xD

Obviously he's dead. Gone. It's kinda shame, a really likeable and versatile character, but on the other hand I like that they had the balls to kill him off. And it wasn't an unfitting death, if the walkers get you, then the walkers get you. No need for heroic deaths.

Damn. This season has been pedal to the metal from the get-go.

I wonder how Rick's going to get out of his trouble? Although it was a little too convenient for dramatic purposes that that's when the vehicle decides not to start.

Anyway, it's kinda sad that Glenn's gone, but I'm really liking this season so far.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:38 pm

Why the hell did Nicholas get emo and shot himself though Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 pm

WTF did they just really kill off Glenn Shocked

Sig bet Art it's Nicholas that got eaten :coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Obviously by unfitting, I meant not to be knocked down by none other than freaking Nicholas Laughing

I watched the death scene again, the body being ripped apart is definitely Nicholas'. They even had the same color of shirts to throw us off. However, after seeing this:
The Walking Dead III - Page 4 Tumblr_nwt549haN41qampz3o3_540
poor Glenn seems to have absolutely no way out.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:58 pm

One of the best TWD episode I've ever seen.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:01 pm

If Glenn is dead, I am out. F this shit. I don't care if it's cheap tactics to let him live. Would rather have him alive with some shitty plot hole than him dead.

Really hope he isn't dead.

This episode though. Holy shit. This is why TWD is the best show out there for me. 10/10 stuff. THe suspense was incredible. From 1st minute to last. Michonne's acting was great. Loved the speech.

Rick was GOAT as always. Lmfao at scrubs trying to take him on rofl rofl

When Glenn took out Hershel's watch Sad Sad and then his message to Rick

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CSRfIdfWcAAYte4.mp4

Sad

Best TWD season since season 1 so far
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:04 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Obviously by unfitting, I meant not to be knocked down by none other than freaking Nicholas Laughing

I watched the death scene again, the body being ripped apart is definitely Nicholas'. They even had the same color of shirts to throw us off. However, after seeing this:
The Walking Dead III - Page 4 Tumblr_nwt549haN41qampz3o3_540
poor Glenn seems to have absolutely no way out.

Yea it was definitely Nicholas since we saw guts being eaten out near Glenn where his neck/heart should be.

Also the thing is, guts masked Glenn's scent. So walkers won't look at Glenn as a human anymore. It has worked before.

HE IS ALIVE cheers cheers cheers

Just realised the same wolves who attacked Rick were the ones who Morgan let go Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm afraid not. The gut-masking thing doesn't work unless you use guts from a walker. Nicholas at that point was still human, if anything, the walkers will keep digging until they reach Glenn.

I want him to live, but surviving this would be incredibly unrealistic. Even if those were Nicholas' entrails, how would he get out of there without being eaten, bitten, scratched or torn to shreds?

This has been, in my humble opinion, the best season of TWD. However, Killing off Glenn might make me rethink this statement.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:22 am

No way he dies, I just watched that and they were not eating his body.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:39 am

I'm out if Glen isn't dead. Would be one of the biggest ass-pulls I've ever seen on a live action TV show. You can say a lot of negative things about TWD but they've never been afraid to kill off characters, besides Rick, Carl & Daryl I wouldn't be shocked to see anyone die at any point.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:09 am

I think he crawled under the garbage thingy.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:54 am

Art Morte wrote:

lol at the denial reaction by some of you xD

Obviously he's dead. Gone.

The Walking Dead III - Page 4 JNqBuf0
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:14 am

Lol I don't know about one of the best TWD episodes ever, or best TWD season so far.
They need to slow down for a bit. All out action, chases, etc doesn't make for best ever imo. Even more so when stupid decisions are made one after the other.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:36 am

Firenze wrote:I'm out if Glen isn't dead. Would be one of the biggest ass-pulls I've ever seen on a live action TV show. You can say a lot of negative things about TWD but they've never been afraid to kill off characters, besides Rick, Carl & Daryl I wouldn't be shocked to see anyone die at any point.

Same here. If Glenn survived that, then there's no credibility left for me whatsoever and I'd quit the show.

El Gunner wrote:Lol I don't know about one of the best TWD episodes ever, or best TWD season so far.
They need to slow down for a bit. All out action, chases, etc doesn't make for best ever imo. Even more so when stupid decisions are made one after the other.

No need to slow down yet. Last season was too much about relationships and 'who gets along with who' drama. The fast pace of this season is exactly what was needed. Obviously they have to slow down at some point, but this has been great so far.

Quite a few deaths in the last episode overall, btw. I wonder how the original Alexandrians will take that? Are they going to get mad at Rick's people? I'm also intrigued to see do they manage to make Maggie a more interesting character following Glenn's death. Earlier I thought it would be cool if they did it the other way round, but I'm digging the idea that Maggie would become all weird and gloomy, a character with a death wish after being unable to cope with the loss of her father, sister and now lover. If she just continues to be the same sweet Maggie it's kinda bs.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:39 am

Well, if we're being totally honest, and assuming that Glenn is dead, he really asked for it. Remember what Rick said to him and Michonne?
You try to save them - you try - but if they can’t keep up, you keep going. You make sure you get back. You have to

Here's why I believe Glenn has to die. Rick has transformed into Shane. The Rick of Season 1 wouldn't in a million years do what Rick is doing now. He's turned into a righteous, albeit ruthless character. A guy that doesn't mess with you, but if you cross him, he'll kill you. No hesitation.

Glenn has become the Rick of season 1. A guy who doesn't want to kill anybody and sees the good in people.

The writers want the audience to understand that TWD world is truly hell on earth. You have to be realist, righteous but ruthless in order for you to survive.

Also, I already hate Morgan. 'All life is precious' What a bleep idiot.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:31 am

Art Morte wrote:
Firenze wrote:I'm out if Glen isn't dead. Would be one of the biggest ass-pulls I've ever seen on a live action TV show. You can say a lot of negative things about TWD but they've never been afraid to kill off characters, besides Rick, Carl & Daryl I wouldn't be shocked to see anyone die at any point.

Same here. If Glenn survived that, then there's no credibility left for me whatsoever and I'd quit the show.

El Gunner wrote:Lol I don't know about one of the best TWD episodes ever, or best TWD season so far.

No need to slow down yet. Last season was too much about relationships and 'who gets along with who' drama. The fast pace of this season is exactly what was needed. Obviously they have to slow down at some point, but this has been great so far.

Quite a few deaths in the last episode overall, btw. I wonder how the original Alexandrians will take that? Are they going to get mad at Rick's people? I'm also intrigued to see do they manage to make Maggie a more interesting character following Glenn's death. Earlier I thought it would be cool if they did it the other way round, but I'm digging the idea that Maggie would become all weird and gloomy, a character with a death wish after being unable to cope with the loss of her father, sister and now lover. If she just continues to be the same sweet Maggie it's kinda bs.

We don't need another Sasha No
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Nah, I think Maggie has much more crazy person potential than Sasha. Sasha has never been a good character, just okay, she's never had much going for her. But I liked Maggie's character for 2-3 seasons before she got boring and pointless. For me, it would be a cool and interesting character arc if they now made Maggie depressed and a little mad and self-destructive. On the other hand, if they just keep her the way she's been, that'd be the worst option. Rather she just shot herself the moment she learns about Glenn's fate than stay this incredibly bland Maggie.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:00 pm

I think we also have to remember that TWD has a history of messing with our minds when it comes to killing out key characters, just as GOT has done with Jon Snow. They did something similar with Carol in previous seasons, but obviously not to this extent.

Also, Isn't it sort of a tradition for the actors to appear on Talking Dead after they've been killed off? Steven Yeun didn't do that. There's also a bit of fanfare around the killing off of a big character (the majority of screen time, lots of dialogue, etc), but that also didn't appear to happen for Glen. There's also the problem of this happening on an episode that was neither a premiere nor a finale, but I don't think that's out of the ordinary for this show. All in all, killing such a big character off in such a cheap way just doesn't really fit with me. That's why I am skeptical about him actually dying. As improbable and unrealistic as it is, if there's anyone who can get out of really close scrapes like this....it's usually Glen.

What's more, Steven Yeun has also been spotted on set after the airing of this episode meaning he will appear in future episodes. The obvious explanation for this is that he'll like appear in flashbacks or something, but I dunno. The set pics I've seen of him have him wearing a clean dark blue shirt instead of the (assumed) blood-stained green one in this last episode.

So outside of the sheer ridiculousness of him surviving or the cheapness of him dying so unceremoniously. This isn't the last we see of Glen. That's for sure.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:33 pm

McLewis wrote:Also, Isn't it sort of a tradition for the actors to appear on Talking Dead after they've been killed off? Steven Yeun didn't do that. There's also a bit of fanfare around the killing off of a big character (the majority of screen time, lots of dialogue, etc), but that also didn't appear to happen for Glen. There's also the problem of this happening on an episode that was neither a premiere nor a finale, but I don't think that's out of the ordinary for this show. All in all, killing such a big character off in such a cheap way just doesn't really fit with me. That's why I am skeptical about him actually dying. As improbable and unrealistic as it is, if there's anyone who can get out of really close scrapes like this....it's usually Glen.
Pretty much agree with all of this.

A death like this out of the blu just doesn't make sense to me.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:51 pm

WTFFFFFFFFF MY SWEET GLENN WTFFFFF. AND HE SAID 'DUMBASS' TO RICK OMG RIP WTF.

Now that that's out of the way, loving the season and he absolutely has to be dead. It would be a pretty good death too imo. He tried to save Nicholas more than once and in the end, not only could he not help him, he was his downfall. He was trying to be good in a bad, bad world. The inner Shane wasn't strong enough in him like it is with Rick.

I'm torn between wanting him to be alive and being pissed at the fact that I want that when it's almost 200% certain he's dead. As was said before, show loses credibility that way.

When can these stupid scrub NPCs get killed off? How is Gabriel still around?!

Art Morte wrote:

I wonder how Rick's going to get out of his trouble? Although it was a little too convenient for dramatic purposes that that's when the vehicle decides not to start.

The people who attacked him shot up the engine from the inside tbf.

nichabr wrote:I think he crawled under the garbage thingy.

And lives there for the rest of his life?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:52 pm

McLewis wrote:All in all, killing such a big character off in such a cheap way just doesn't really fit with me.

What's cheap about it? Getting surrounded and killed by zombies in a world full of them? Just normal. There have been very few "fancy" or heroic deaths in this show anyway.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next