Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ?

+19
VivaStPauli
free_cat
CBarca
M99
McAgger
McLewis
VendettaRed07
Sri
futbol
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
rwo power
Pedram
Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
El Gunner
Lucifer
BarrileteCosmico
DeletedUser#1
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ??

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ?

Post by futbol Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:
gays adopting children: no.

any particular reason?

Maybe not a scientifically logical one but I believe a child should have a mother figure as well as a father figure when growing up. I'm not sure about the psychological disadvantages for a child when everyone around him has a mom and a dad but he has two dads or moms. The child WILL at some point ask why he is "different" and doesn't have what basically everyone has and what seems normality. How that will affect a child is anyone's guess. Less than 5 % of human population is gay, says a quick Google research. This means homesexuality will never become the "acceptable norm" and children with gay parents will inevitably get mocked from other children.

Now you could argue that people also do divorce and that's also not good for children but you can't force people to stay together forever once they get children or prohibit them to make children to begin with. That's a risk that you can't prevent without enforcing totalitarian rules. On the other hand you don't have to actively promote gay couples raising children. If they are gay they must accept nature's laws that they can't make children.

What I'd find acceptable however is if gay couples can adopt, let's say 16+ year old children. At that age kids should be fully aware and be able to decide if they want to live in a gay household.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ?

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:15 pm

That's the point though, if a thing constitutes 5% of totality, it may never be the 'norm' but why can't it be 'acceptable'?
The principle of protection of minorities is not that they need to become majorities to be granted same rights.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Chart?ec=-3.5&soc=-4

Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Well, "protection of minorities" is a law that only applies to ethnical groups. It doesn't apply to homosexuals.

But let's pretend for a second that it actually does what you thought it does. What are you protecting exactly? Adopting children is not a human right. The well-being of the child is above your lifestyle wish ("wanting to have children", gay or not gay, if you are younger than 25 you can also not adopt). The principle is that the youth welfare office chooses the parents. Parents don't choose children.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:19 pm

I'm Ghandi confirmed:

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Chart?ec=-3.75&soc=-3

Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:26 pm

Lots of libertarian left in the GL. hmm probably because we're all young tho, i've heard people tends to become more conservative as they age.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:33 pm

Pedram wrote:Lots of libertarian left in the GL. hmm probably because we're all young tho, i've heard people tends to become more conservative as they age.

I'd like to think that its the 'environment' that changes, while we're the ones stationary
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:39 pm

@futbol - I know it was only a fly-by suggestion but you said it anyway so I'll speak on it.
Where's the fun in adopting a +16 person?
Isn't the trials and tribulations, birthdays, first day of school, etc etc (you get the drill), all a part of the emotional bond and experience of being parents?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:17 am

BTW, here's my result in the no-nonsensical graph instead of that fancy certificate print they offered, too:

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Poli10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:40 am

Fútbol you are missing the point. We are talking about adoption, so these are kids that by definition do not have a two parents already. So the question you should ask yourself is not "is it better to be raised by hetero or home couples?" but "is it better for these kids to spend their childhood in 'the system' or for them to be raised by 2 loving parents?"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:56 am

futbol wrote:

But let's pretend for a second that it actually does what you thought it does. What are you protecting exactly? Adopting children is not a human right. The well-being of the child is above your lifestyle wish ("wanting to have children", gay or not gay, if you are younger than 25 you can also not adopt). The principle is that the youth welfare office chooses the parents. Parents don't choose children.

Your entire argument is based on the false assumption that being raised by a same sex couple somehow negatively effect a child and their wellbeing

It's complete and total nonsense and you have nothing to base it on

Also if adopting a child isn't a "right", drinking out of certain water fountains isn't a "right" either. Nor is going to certain movie theaters or eating in certain restaurants. Yet we had to make laws that stopped people from banning black people from doing all the same things and going to the same places white people were able to go to.

There is nothing inherently inferior about the health and relationship of same sex couples compared to heterosexuals and they should be allowed all the same rights heterosexual couples have
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:16 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Fútbol you are missing the point. We are talking about adoption, so these are kids that by definition do not have a two parents already. So the question you should ask yourself is not "is it better to be raised by hetero or home couples?" but "is it better for these kids to spend their childhood in 'the system'  or for them to be raised by 2 loving parents?"

Not relevant enough quantitatively. The ratio of declined to accepted applications for adoption is 7:1 anyway. My research says there have been 4060 adoptions in Germany in 2013 and more than half of them were actually adoptions from step-parents. Now imagine that only less than 5 % of the population is gay. And now imagine how many of that < 5 % actually WANT to adopt children AND satisfy the required criteria to adopt children in general (age, income, no criminal history etc.). We might be talking about 3 - 5 cases per year? Which in itself makes the whole thing a very theoretical topic to begin with which is only there to fill political talk show time, when I think about it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:25 am

I'm pretty sure gay couples would be disproportionately represented in adoption applications if they were allowed to apply since, you know, if they want a kid they don't have a biological option.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:37 am

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Chart?ec=-1.5&soc=-5

About what I expected.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:09 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:
futbol wrote:

Your entire argument is based on the false assumption that being raised by a same sex couple somehow negatively effect a child and their wellbeing

It's complete and total nonsense and you have nothing to base it on

Also if adopting a child isn't a "right", drinking out of certain water fountains isn't a "right" either. Nor is going to certain movie theaters or eating in certain restaurants. Yet we had to make laws that stopped people from banning black people from doing all the same things and going to the same places white people were able to go to.

There is nothing inherently inferior about the health and relationship of same sex couples compared to heterosexuals and they should be allowed all the same rights heterosexual couples have

Why is that a false assumption? Many gay people themselves don't come out (you know any gay, active footballer?) and hide it for a long time until they are stable, independent and mature enough. Then why deliberately expose little children to deal with the same social conflicts about their parents? There is a theoretical part and then there is reality.

The analogy with black people and restaurants is alluring but different. In the case of prohibiting black people to visit certain restaurants you are restricting them from doing something which they are naturally capable of doing. Moving from A to B. Which is wrong.

If you are gay you are naturally not able to reproduce. And since homosexuality is not an illness/disfunction (unlike, say, infertility) but something natural, this means you are naturally not meant to have children. From this I logically deduct that allowing gay couples to "workaround" their inability to have children is actually unnatural and therefore children mustn't be exposed to something unnatural. So if the state is prohibiting gay people to adopt children, it is not actually hindering them from doing something which they are naturally capable of doing. Unlike the restaurant analogy.

hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:30 am

Your logical fallacy is: Appeal to Nature!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:38 am

I guess this might make some gays turn to employ surrogate mothers in countries where this is not illegal. Dunno if that is something the authorities would wish for, but if they get a woman to carry the baby of one of the guys to term for a certain fee, that baby would be the biological child of one of the guys and they would have the right to raise it.

Unfortunately this leads to other problems, though, as loan mothers likely desperately need the money and then might get into psychological problems. Thus it would probably be the better solution to let them go through the proper procedure of adoption which would likely lead to less trouble for all involved.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:53 am

Goddam was trying to get Hitler

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Chart?ec=6.75&soc=8
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:22 am

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Chart?ec=-4.13&soc=-1
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:30 am

It's a shame that gay people won't get to reproduce.

Studies have shown Gays are among the top 3% smartest people on earth....if they don't reproduce, their genes won't pass on and humanity will suffer as a whole in the long-term.

I wish they could get some girl pregnant in a one night stand, before marrying their love-guy...so at least a baby can be born that carries the intelligence of usually exceptionally talented gay people.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:47 am

Lmao, I got this Very Happy

Right on point Proud

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Screen12

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:55 am

futbol wrote:I'm Ghandi confirmed:

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Chart?ec=-3.75&soc=-3

Laughing
u mean Gandhi hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:16 am

Not many rightists hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:53 am

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Polico10

Didn't think I was that far left. I didn't care too much for the questions, though. As Hans and Futbol have pointed out, whenever you ask this kind of stuff in a format like this and only have four options, it doesn't give you the proper ability to respond in a way you feel is most appropriate for yourself. That being said, this is probably one of the better ideology tests I've taken.

Not surprised to see I'm in an area that caters more to the European population than American Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:49 am

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Chart?ec=-3.13&soc=-4

Having posted this, I don't like to classify my way of thinking. Ideologies are categories that simplify the world but are not useful to rightfully decide wether something is good or bad. They are irrational. So I try to analyse issue to issue my stance on it depending on the pros and cons.

This means to many issues I don't have any stance, as I didn't have the time to get informed. Currently the TTIP is an important issue in Europe, and tbh I have no idea if I'm for or against it, for example. Being "center-left" as I'm supposed to, I should be against TTIP.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Chart?ec=-7.75&soc=-7

hmm Laughing
And here's me, you beautiful, Bavarian bastard.

Where in the Political Spectrum do you stand ? - Page 2 Chart?ec=-8.0&soc=-6

(Me favoring regulation probably pushed me a bit into the autoritarian direction)
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next