Lucifer
Lex
urbaNRoots
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Watford vs Arsenal PL 2015/16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Watford vs Arsenal PL 2015/16

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:41 pm

It's so far so good, as far challenging goes. 19 points so far is a big improvement over the 14 points we had at this stage last season. We're three points off the top of the table, and every major contender has lost at least twice already, which suggests we could see a lower number of points being needed to win the league.

Ultimately, it'll be about picking up points consistently during both halves of the season. Previous years it's been a case of one bad half and one good half; either starting poorly and then ending strongly (11/12, 12/13, 14/15), or starting strongly and ending poorly (10/11, 13/14). It's not a coincidence that our poor runs coincide with injuries to key players, and that our good runs happen when our best players are fit.

For me, that's where the difference will be. If Cech, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ozil, Ramsey and Alexis stay fit for the majority of the season we'll have a chance. If we miss two or three for three months or more it'll be a struggle.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:30 pm

Really need a draw from the Manchester derby next week.

I think we can genuinely challenge for the title, something which we all thought before the season. That feeling is coming back slowly.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:47 pm

inb4EvertonWins

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:48 pm

In all seriousness, let's talk about the title race in March if we are still in it then.

Waaaayyy too early for it in mid October.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Actually now is time to set foot on gas for Arsenal. Other teams have to manage cl and league which is bound to affect their league performance in competitive league like epl. Ideal time to take lead imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:48 pm

We are not out of the CL (yet).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Meh

Looking forward to EL. Have a big squad to send the B sides away and play stronger ones at home.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Not convinced by the EL arguments.

I think a win (or two) against Bayern will be huge for our confidence. And 'on our day, we can beat anyone' needs some substance.

Or we lose both, end up with 0 points after 4 games, and finish the group at last position without EL. Can't be arsed to watch Thursday night football with the likes of Spuds in there. Have some pride ffs.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:18 pm

I know from experience, the Europa League is great when you're in the knock-outs. Plenty of good teams in there. It's not glamorous but it's a competition worth winning if you're in it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:40 pm

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the EL. I think it doesn't get the respect it deserves, in fact.

My point is, however, that it is not aligned with the ambitions of the club that the management so proudly talks up.

I'd be more than happy if we go all the way to win it, just that I don't think we have a squad which can cope with the strains, or avoid overconfidence/complacence, to beat smaller teams in obscure match locations. In end effect, I can very well imagine an adverse effect on the domestic league - more so with the League and FA Cups still in the mix.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:03 pm

Mate, honestly we can't beat Bayern. Even Arsenal at their best will get away with a draw. Bayern's record is ridiculous this season.

It's going to be 6 points if we win against Zagreb and Olympiacos. 7 if we draw one Bayern game

It ALL depends on how zagreb-olympiacos matches go. Hopefully they both draw each other twice.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:12 pm

I'm tired of us bending over backwards for that bald fraud's teams.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:16 pm

That bald fraud might be our next manager pls

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:22 pm

There is no shame imo Bayern are best team at moment. My point is even if arsenal doesn't win in Europe and wins the league it wouldn't be worse would it. Better than losing both in Europe and losing momentum in league due to the fatigue.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:26 pm

RealGunner wrote:That bald fraud might be our next manager pls

Hell no.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:There is no shame imo Bayern are best team at moment. My point is even if arsenal doesn't win in Europe and wins the league it wouldn't be worse would it. Better than losing both in Europe and losing momentum in league due to the fatigue.

I agree with the end result. My point is, even if that were the 99% probability scenario, show some courage, mentality and balls to go out fighting. Instead of wimping out like wusses.

What I disagree with is the idea that we should go into the game with a mentality that we have no way of beating them, that EL is where we should be, or that we should focus on the league because Bayern have the quality to mop the floor with us.

That is Spuds thinking. That is not The Arsenal F.C.

Thank you very much.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:54 pm

either we have become spoilt with regular champions league football or we are suffering from inferiority complex which is a bit embarrassing especially when you consider our experience in Europe and the quality in the squad.

I thinks its a bit contradictory to want to be the best in England but not in Europe, seems like a small club mentality to me. Too often the club has been criticized over its ambitions, wanting to go out of the champions league this early definitely smells like a lack of ambition. If we want the club to progress and go forward then performing well in Europe is essential.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:46 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:There is no shame imo Bayern are best team at moment. My point is even if arsenal doesn't win in Europe and wins the league it wouldn't be worse would it. Better than losing both in Europe and losing momentum in league due to the fatigue.

Talk about wouldn't be worse, that would be fcking amazing Laughing
At least for me, that is.
Of course just the part of winning the league. There is no pride in going out in the CL group stages, but I honestly don't care as much this season.
Think we have a genuine chance to win the league if we win our next 3 matches and players stay fit throughout the season and going out in the CL would allow us to put more focus in the PL
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:52 am

EL Patron wrote:either we have become spoilt with regular champions league football or we are suffering from inferiority complex which is a bit embarrassing especially when you consider our experience in Europe and the quality in the squad.

I thinks its a bit contradictory to want to be the best in England but not in Europe, seems like a small club mentality to me. Too often the club has been criticized over its ambitions, wanting to go out of the champions league this early definitely smells like a lack of ambition. If we want the club to progress and go forward then performing well in Europe is essential.

Thank you! Someone other than me feels the same way! Proud

NOW PLEASE CHANGE YOUR NAME TO CL PATRON

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:59 am

El Gunner wrote:

Talk about wouldn't be worse, that would be fcking amazing Laughing
At least for me, that is.
Of course just the part of winning the league. There is no pride in going out in the CL group stages, but I honestly don't care as much this season.
Think we have a genuine chance to win the league if we win our next 3 matches and players stay fit throughout the season and going out in the CL would allow us to put more focus in the PL

The only reason you don't care is because we cocked up 2 out of 4 'easier' games. If we had won both, the mood here would be all about how are we going to win against Bayern. But hey, we have Arsenaled up in the first leg of CL knockouts only to come out fearless and all guns blazing in the second leg. We had our backs against the wall and we did our best to restore some little pride. I see this as no different - and if we do restore some pride with 2-4 points off Bayern (I know 6 is next to impossible), that would set up rather well for the remaining 2 games. Mind you, we have only started clicking as a team *after* the Zagreb game. And we have the best defense in the league as of this moment.

#GabrielisthenewMartinKeown

And wrt the league - the next 3 matches mean squat. We are still in October ffs. Yes, we have to be consistent and not throw away any points against teams who aren't top 5. But more important is consistency as a marathon. No point sprinting ahead now and then facking it up around xmas and then chasing top 4 for rest of the season.

And Arsenal players fit through the season? Watcha smokin mate Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Mach Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:04 am

Guess none of us expect Arsenal to win the CL.If at all,we manage to get outta this group we'll end up facing the other European heavyweights in R16/QFs where we'll ultimately lose.

Point is,We'd have the confidence/momentum of beating the flavor of the season,we'd qualify out of the group stages to continue our streak.'

Further,getting defeated in R16/QFs feels more natural than in group stages.It'll look/seem natural if we fall at that stage than the group stages.

Getting out in the group stages/a month or two later doesn't make a difference but think of what it can do to our confidence if we managed to defeat Bayern and qualify.
T-Mach
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:35 am

Exactly.

I just completely dislike this 'we'll never win it, so let's just give up and sabotage ourselves' attitude. It's against everything that this club has stood for in the last 20 years.

Have you all forgotten how we played to beat Barcelona at the Emirates? That mental steel and desire is crucial if we want to win the league. Wimping out of CL and that attitude isn't going to win us shit.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:31 am

I you read my logic about our next 3 opponents you would understand that I'm not saying we will win the league this season.

Anyway, not sure if sri or prime
Spoiler:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Mach Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:57 am

I don't know whether we can actually use Barca 2-1 as a game to signify our mental strength.

Anyways I've no probs about losing Bayern as long as we put our best team and they put their best effort.You don't want kids playing against the most lethal attack & end up hearing more of 8-2 mk.2 jokes.

Let's put our best foot forward for the game v Bayern.This'll only add to the momentum and this momentum will spur the players to go the extra mile in the 3 games that El G says as well as the 3 games remaining in the UCL.

The best way to stop our fear of losing our stars to the heavyweights is to show these players that we're no less & that can only happen if you're ready to fight the heavyweights tooth & nail.I guess none of us wanna hear an Arsenal player join an European heavyweight & say he joined them to win UCL.
T-Mach
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:08 am

El Gunner wrote:I you read my logic about our next 3 opponents you would understand that I'm not saying we will win the league this season.

Anyway, not sure if sri or prime
Spoiler:

No, but that has been an overall sentiment.

I know, I don't know what happen to my cynicism/realism. Guess that is limited to my expectations of end results and not to the passion and effort I want to see my team put into every game.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:09 am

I am a cynic wrt tangibles (results) and a romantic wrt intangibles (style/desire/.. ).

FFS that's a horrible combination. I am beginning to fear for my own mental health and sanity. #SaveMeWenger

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum