Sri
Jay29
Raptorgunner
Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview Empty CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:00 pm

CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview Cq5dam.thumbnail.200.200vsCL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview Latest?cb=20120212092217

Champions League 2015/16, Group F, Match Day 3
Tuesday 20th October: 19:45 BST, Emirates Stadium

CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview 004005_976671_arsene_wenger-535x338
Arsène Wenger wrote:“What we want to do tomorrow is win the game. We want to defend well, attack well, score the first goal, that is massively important in the big games”

CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview 2D8E77A500000578-3279101-Arsenal_are_bottom_of_Champions_League_Group_F_after_losing_thei-a-28_1445257001451

As I've been sensing a certain reluctancy among the GL Arsenal faction to get emotionally involved in this season's Champions League campaign, I've taken the liberty to make a preview thread for you guys, to celebrate the upcoming game between both heavyweights.
So here we go.

"While it's certainly quite odd that they have 0 points and are sitting last of the table in the group, Arsenal are the 2nd placed team in the Premier League, and this tells you all you need to know about the quality they possess", Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge warned when his team was departing for London; indicating the amount of awe Bayern feel in face of the upcoming game at the Emirates.

Bayern are well advised to be warned, too, as Arsenal's record under Wenger vs Bayern in the Champions League era is by no means a negative one: 2 wins, 4 draws, 2 losses* paint the clear picture of a meeting on eye level.

While Arsenal maybe could be a little suspected of not taking the first two games seriously enough, with their focus having been much stronger in the Premier League than it has been in Europe, the group table situation now ensures that the focus in this game will be exactly the same as in the Premier League.
And a fully focused Arsenal side are able to beat anyone on their day, as Wenger is quick to remind us:
"We played great Bayern teams, at least as good as the one tomorrow, and beat them - the one that won the treble with Ribery at full power, Robben at full power and Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Muller in midfield so I believe we have played good Bayern sides and got good results against them."
Technically speaking, both Ribéry and Schweinsteiger weren't available and playing in Arsenal's 2:0 win at the Allianz-Arena in 2013, but let's not get into that. Because guess what - they won't be playing tomorrow either, and neither will Robben, Gomez, Van Buyten, Gustavo, Mandzukic, Kroos.
Bayern, on the other hand, have never faced an Arsenal side boasting the likes of Alexis, Bellerin, Gabriel; so it is surely fair to say the cards have been thoroughly reshuffled and everything is possible.

"There is no team without weaknesses", Wenger concluded in his press conference.
In his plot to exploit Bayern's, starting strong is key: “You can never promise you will score three goals in 20 minutes because that would be absolutely crazy. What we can do is start in a strong way and that is what we will try to do.”

This effort will be helped by tomorrow's organized protest against horrendous ticket prices
from Bayern's travelling fans, which will see them leaving their blocks empty for the first 5 minutes of the game.
With the Utd game in mind, who knows -maybe these five minutes without a 12th man resistance will suffice for the Arsenal faithful to get their money's worth?

TEAM NEWS

Without having bothered to check, I'm certain Arsenal will have to do without Jack Wilshere, Danny Welbeck, and countless other invaluable squad members.
David Ospina is out for the game too, forcing Wenger to field his CL backup option Petr Cech.
Gabriel is fit to play.

On the Bayern side, merely Benatia, Badstuber, Rode, Götze, Ribéry, Robben are out injured, while Coman, Martinez and Vidal are struggling but have traveled.

POSSIBLE LINEUPS

Arsenal
Cech - Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Özil, Alexis, Walcott

Bayern
Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Alaba, Bernat, Alonso, Vidal, Thiago, Costa, Müller, Lewandowski.

Please add your 'COYG's beneath.

*some say it's 2W, 2D, 4L.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview Empty Re: CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:13 pm

2-0 for Bayern imho

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview Empty Re: CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Great work Hans. :bow:

A draw would be like a trophy. cheers
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Wenger" We want to defend well, attack well, score the first goal,

Wenger wants it all, I guess Santa is coming early this year. rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:04 pm

I'm sure Arsenal will play counter-attacking, which actually worries me, because the last two times we've tried that against Chelsea in the Com. Shield and United recently, our counter-attacks haven't been anything great and we've spent a lot of time unable to get out of our half. Against Bayern that would be fatal. We've got the weapons to hurt them, we just need to come up with a way of actually using them.

What's essential for us is to replicate the 20 minutes against United, or the first 10 minutes against Bayern two seasons ago where we won and missed a penalty. Wenger's spot on about the first goal being decisive. Getting that will give us every chance.

Bellerin against Costa is going to be such a key battle. Bayern have been excellent at isolating Costa against opposition full-backs, and Costa, in his current form, can roast any defender and provide excellent service. This'll be Bellerin's toughest test as a defender since he's broken through.

I hope for a memorable win, but my only expectation for the game is that we give full effort and not make it easy for Bayern to beat us, should they do so. I don't want to be saying after the game "errors cost us"/"so and so made a mistake"/"so and so really underperformed"/etc.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Hans, you POS.

Did you think nobody would notice how you have not mentioned the possibility of Bayern humiliating Arsenal as one of the vote options?

Did you think it would be that easy to invoke the almighty powers of GL JINX and not one soul would realize it?

Called you jinx.

You can no go back to where you came from, evil demon.

BAYERN TO WIN 0-3.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:15 pm

I wanted to remove the poll after posting tbh because it's slightly, or much, too silly, but it can't be edited away.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:47 pm

Somethings never change, Arsenal start the game well and miss few good chances and by half time its 2-0 Bayern.
Second half Arsenal put more pressure on Bayern and make it 2-1. Shocked Late in to the game Koscielny will tie it up with a strong header and right from Kick Arsenal will have a own by Oxlade, who just came on for Theo with few minutes to go. Laughing

Bayern 3 Arsenal 2. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:55 pm

Arsene Wenger: I might rest Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez for Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-i-might-rest-mesut-ozil-and-alexis-sanchez-for-arsenals-game-against-bayern-munich-a3093211.html
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:03 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Arsene Wenger: I might rest Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez for Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-i-might-rest-mesut-ozil-and-alexis-sanchez-for-arsenals-game-against-bayern-munich-a3093211.html

That's what he said after the Watford game though.
In the pre Bayern match conference, he said they'll start
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Nice of you to make the preview Hans, but should have asked in the lobby first since Urban really wanted to make this one.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:21 pm

Regarding the game

It's a straight forward loss. No need to beat around the bush. And it's not a defeatist mentality. If we got trashed by Zagreb and couldn't even beat Olympiacos. We have no chance in hell against the best team in the world.

At best we can hope for a draw or to lose with dignity. At worse, lewa will score 3 past us at least.

Whatever though. Not like winning will change anything.

Hopefully our players give their all though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:Nice of you to make the preview Hans, but should have asked in the lobby first since Urban really wanted to make this one.

Then move this one to the Bayern section hmm

Could you remove the poll?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Nah, it's fine. I am sure he'll say what he wants to via reply anyways lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Nah man leave it, I was doing one but this is better.

Really need to beat the fraudulent Pep.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Ospina is not really injured, I'm sure of it but Wenger being the gentlemen he is will not shame him and admit he dropped Ospina in Cech's favour after his performance against Olympiakos.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:34 pm

Yea was thinking that too lol.

I really want to see how Coquelin, Bellerin and Monreal do tomorrow tbh. We love and hype them but it's probably going to be their biggest test.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:36 pm

Thomas Müller: "It's always great to play at the Emirates. The pitch is similar to a carpet in your front room"

Müller: "Arsenal play offensive football, we like to play against offensive teams, it's much more fun"

Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 pm

I hope Wenger will not start Giroud because he scored against Watford, that would really be an incredible buzzkill. Highline vs Giroud, there will always be one winner.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:54 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I hope Wenger will not start Giroud because he scored against Watford, that would really be an incredible buzzkill. Highline vs Giroud, there will always be one winner.

The way Wenger sees it, Giroud scored and Theo didn't. Clubber
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:Thomas Müller: "It's always great to play at the Emirates. The pitch is similar to a carpet in your front room"

Müller: "Arsenal play offensive football, we like to play against offensive teams, it's much more fun"

Proud

this guy Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:39 am

urbaNRoots wrote:

Really need to beat the fraudulent Pep.

:bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:17 am

Why this is really pleasant of you Hans.
Thank you. And I hope your team loses.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 pm

You guys are really strange.

When I'm making honest and heartfelt posts, I'm accused of trolling.
This time, when I'm really trolling, even if very tastefully, you thank me and give me compliments hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:59 pm

#Sarcasm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next