S
Collblanc
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
free_cat
79 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there - Page 8 Empty Re: De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:51 am

free_cat wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:He's one of the best attacking midfielders in the world, how is he not world-class ? his performances this season and especially in the previous season have been world-class.

Only in the premier league Payet, Ozil and Mahrez >>>> KDB.

It's bit useless debating preferences, and you have toned down your hating a bit so I guess we are ok.

Personally, I'd take De Bruyne over any of the 3.
Because he only very rarely fails to produce.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there - Page 8 Empty Re: De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:52 am

How is he not world class, free rat? 16 goals + assists in 18 PL starts, 5 goals + assists in 6 CL starts, top performer for the NT, best club player over "world class" Aguero, Silva and Toure.

Do you take us all for stupid and biased? Just admit your mistake and move on, don't become the Laurent Blanc of GL. FFS.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:39 pm

He's consistently Belgium's best player as well and has been for a couple of years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:12 pm

This reminds me of a poster on an Ajax site who continued to tell everyone how Suarez just is not and will never be a world class striker for almost the last decade.
Didn't even stop last season and just like that I don't expect free ever to stop hating KdB.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:48 pm

What I like about KDB is that he's not flashy but he performs well when it matters. Kinda like Thomas Muller. When it's time to go to war, you know you can trust them.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:54 pm

LeBéninois wrote:What I like about KDB is that he's not flashy but he performs well when it matters. Kinda like Thomas Muller. When it's time to go to war, you know you can trust them.

That's a pretty good comparison actually. On a quick glance De Bruyne doesn't seem that dangerous, but after 90 minutes you'll probably know he is dangerous.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:10 pm

free_cat wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:He's one of the best attacking midfielders in the world, how is he not world-class ? his performances this season and especially in the previous season have been world-class.

Ozil is a scrub, KDB is so much better it's not even funny. The other two didn't even proven themselves in top teams yet and Payet is almost 30.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Ozil is a scrub, KDB is so much better it's not even funny. The other two didn't even proven themselves in top teams yet and Payet is almost 30.

Agree but Ozil is surely not a scrub. Why always downgrading players ...smh
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:27 pm

LeBéninois wrote:Agree but Ozil is surely not a scrub. Why always downgrading players  ...smh

He is, not technically, but kinda like Higuain, tremendous chokers, they don't belong at the very top at all, the opposite of the Muller-De Bruyne type of player.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:52 pm

Art Morte wrote:
LeBéninois wrote:What I like about KDB is that he's not flashy but he performs well when it matters. Kinda like Thomas Muller. When it's time to go to war, you know you can trust them.

That's a pretty good comparison actually. On a quick glance De Bruyne doesn't seem that dangerous, but after 90 minutes you'll probably know he is dangerous.

I was thinking of this comparison too recently. The two have differences to their games, obviously, but it seems like their most important quality is decisiveness. They are difference-makers and have a knack for good positioning, good final balls, good finishing, etc.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:20 am

I'm willing to erect a statue of KDb myself if City knock out Madrid and he plays a good part. Go my man De Bruyne!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:34 pm

free_cat wrote:I'm willing to erect a statue of KDb myself if City knock out Madrid and he plays a good part. Go my man De Bruyne!

LaughingLaughing

While I don't share that hate of KdB, I'll definitely help you with the statue.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:38 pm

I suppose everyone has their perspective, 80M is a lot, but they way De Bruyne has performed over last few years, his proven talent and abilities as everyone has mentioned already, together with his age, and then add to that the inflated markets nowadays together with the fact that it was Man C who paid the 80M, then it would make sense, and I would say worth it.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:35 pm

I have never seen a player waste so many attacks as De Bruyne today. What a shit passer. He only has shooting, vision and speed.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Not even that fast.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:31 am

I like how this thread pops after every single City game, and the mood completely changes depending on his performance of said game. So one week he is over rated, the next he justified his price tag. The knee jerk on these forums is atrocious.

My thoughts of his performance btw, I wouldn't be too harsh on him. Real Madrid were causing serious issues in midfield and it disconnected the flow of City's game and thus de Bruyne had to focus more on winning balls back than anything. He isn't just going to step on that pitch and dominate when his entire team is running around like headless chickens fighting for balls.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:15 am

He was poor but I agree in finding it annoying how predictably bumped this thread is.

Bar his injury he's had a fantastic season overall, I don't see why anyone in this forum (not naming names Smile ) should nitpick about any particular performance. For me, it's quite clear to see the difference in Man City pre-De Bruyne injury to Man City in the midst of his injury to post-De Bruyne injury. Hint, they were good with him and bad without him.

That says enough for me.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:20 am

IT was de bruyne and Aguero vs real Madrid attacking wise. Granted, he wasn't amazing but he did have his moments, and he is a good player. We just played very well defensively, and that's saying something. Casemiro and lucas had a hand in that.

And no RG. He is pretty damn fast imo lol.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:35 am

FennecFox7 wrote:IT was de bruyne and Aguero vs real Madrid attacking wise.

This. De Bruyne and Aguero had to do it all by themselves, especially after Silva went out injured. If anything, De Bruyne was City's best attacking player on a night when they simply didn't have the quality to hurt their opposition.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:32 am

He didn't have any moments, he didn't do anything of merit and he wasted at least 4 very good situations with his atrocious passing, and countless of attacks.

Who cares about what he has done this season against the Sunderlands and the Norwiches, we want him to knock out Madrid.

KdB pass completion: 62%. Worst passer on the field after Joe Hart, and most of the time missing simple passes, 0 chances created, 1/9 accurate crosses. :facepalm:

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:35 am

KDB faced Lucas and Carvajal. You simply dont get past them. Pellegrini should have played him on the right against Marcelo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:37 am

Art Morte wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:IT was de bruyne and Aguero vs real Madrid attacking wise.

This. De Bruyne and Aguero had to do it all by themselves, especially after Silva went out injured. If anything, De Bruyne was City's best attacking player on a night when they simply didn't have the quality to hurt their opposition.

This is just tiring. KdB is shit, yet "he was City's best attackin player". Again and again. No, he wasn't. Iheanacho was better than him playing less and touching the ball less.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:17 am

Free, are you suffering from the same madness that made Futbol lost his mind? Kenechi barely did anything. He actually did nothing of any note. Poor young man end up having to do more midfield sled dog work than any real attacking.

Kevin actually was still an attacking threat made limited by Madrid.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:03 am

He's so boring to watch. I mean would it hurt to add a bit of flair?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:09 am

Doc wrote:Free, are you suffering from the same madness that made Futbol lost his mind? Kenechi barely did anything. He actually did nothing of any note. Poor young man end up having to do more midfield sled dog work than any real attacking.

Kevin actually was still an attacking threat made limited by Madrid.

Nope. Unfortunately Iheanacho barely touched the ball, but every time he had it he played it with intent and danger, the opposite of KdB. Was very helpful bringing balls down either.

KdB wasn't even good with corners and fouls, countless of them, and all terribly kicked.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:45 am

I only saw the last 20 minutes of this first semi leg.

But I saw enough to conclude he was bad.

Needs to step it up at the Bernabeu or I'm ready to join free_cat :coffee:

80m lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next