COMICS: The Walking Dead [HUGE SPOILERS]

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

COMICS: The Walking Dead [HUGE SPOILERS] Empty COMICS: The Walking Dead [HUGE SPOILERS]

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:20 am

BEWARE OF SPOILERS FOR THE TV SERIES THE WALKING DEAD

COMICS: The Walking Dead [HUGE SPOILERS] The-walking-dead-1-gute-alte-zeit-5529a10a-bbd1313d

Really loving the comics so far, currently in the Alexandria arc and there is a lot of differences between them and the TV series so far which I really like. The gore and violence is greater which is how it is supposed to be in this world.

I hope there is more people who are reading them.

Didn't want to post any plot points since this is the OP and a regular TV could enter this thread by mistake.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

COMICS: The Walking Dead [HUGE SPOILERS] Empty Re: COMICS: The Walking Dead [HUGE SPOILERS]

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:24 am

Mclewis reads them I think

I have only read up to a certain point but I don't think you are there yet.

Stopped reading them for now and will continue after the Alexandria arc is finished on TV.

What did you make of Comic Governor btw?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

COMICS: The Walking Dead [HUGE SPOILERS] Empty Re: COMICS: The Walking Dead [HUGE SPOILERS]

Post by M99 Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:25 am

I stopped reading after All Out War. It's never ending, I have no idea how they will wrap up the TV show with how Kirkman is dragging the hell out of the comic.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:42 am

M99 wrote:I stopped reading after All Out War. It's never ending, I have no idea how they will wrap up the TV show with how Kirkman is dragging the hell out of the comic.

The writers of The Walking Dead TV series said they could write for 12 seasons so long as it doesn't get cancelled. Ridiculous in my opinion.

RealGunner wrote:Mclewis reads them I think

I have only read up to a certain point but I don't think you are there yet.

Stopped reading them for now and will continue after the Alexandria arc is finished on TV.

What did you make of Comic Governor btw?

Bat shit crazy, in the comic series he comes off immediately as a crazy son of a bitch as opposed to the show. I was absolutely shocked when he chops off Rick's arm, especially since it didn't happen in the show. The showdown at the prison is amazing but I'm glad Judith doesn't have the same fate as in the comic, I thought that was pretty disgusting.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:56 am

It gets far worse than that lmao. Wait till you meet Negan. He makes the governor look like mother teresa

All out war and No way out are insane arcs.

I don't think Kirman is dragging it out. The sales are increasing more than ever and he is just capitalising on it.

But i do think he doesn't know how to finish the story. Probably will keep on writing till he thinks of a good way to end
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:01 am

Btw is it okay to talk about TV show spoilers in here?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:51 am

Yeah I suppose. I'm a fan of the TV series but once I get caught up on the comics there'll be no more predictions from me on the original thread so us who've read the books can make our predictions/discussions about coming up events on the TV series in a similar way to how the Game of Thrones threads work.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:57 am

I probably won't be coming in this thread much i guess

I love the comics and it was a huge ask to stop reading them. But I realised I prefer watching the show instead. Eventhough comics have better quality as there are no fillers etc.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:24 pm

MEGA TWD SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

eenie meenie miney moe

OMGGGGGGH

*bleep*

NEGAN YOU *bleep*
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:26 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:eenie meenie miney moe

OMGGGGGGH

*bleep*

NEGAN YOU *bleep*

And that's what the season finale will be.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:eenie meenie miney moe

OMGGGGGGH

*bleep*

NEGAN YOU *bleep*

Stopped reading at that point because I was absolutely fuming. I mean actually fuming. Can you imagine the reaction when that happens? Laughing

And I hope that's Daryl and not Glenn btw in the show.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:31 pm

I was thinking Daryl aswell, don't think they are bringing Glenn back only to get his head Lucille'd.

Still recovering from that scene. Man Rick got dominated, I think he pissed off the wrong man.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:32 pm

I think they took away some of the shock by just stupidly adding in Glenn's fake death. It was shocking in the comics because Glenn was one of those characters whose life you took for granted, like Rick, Carl and Andrea. You never even thought of him getting killed of. Now the show decides to make viewers think he is dead for four weeks. I think they are hoping for a "those sly dogs making us think Glenn is dead, saving him, then brutally killing him, GENIUS" but it was the wrong way to go. Should have been just random.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:34 pm

Rich and Carl gets destroyed by Negan apparently. Not sure what happens next.

Think that scene was a top 2 most iconic scene in TWD. Hope they do exactly that in the show too and not some cop out. Daryl fits perfectly since NO ONE will see it coming. But if they kill him off, they would need to build someone else as Rick's no 2 and i doubt they will go through that again.

in any case, i won't be entering this thread anymore. McLewis and M99 shall give you company.

M99 wrote:I think they took away some of the shock by just stupidly adding in Glenn's fake death. It was shocking in the comics because Glenn was one of those characters whose life you took for granted, like Rick, Carl and Andrea. You never even thought of him getting killed of. Now the show decides to make viewers think he is dead for four weeks. I think they are hoping for a "those sly dogs making us think Glenn is dead, saving him, then brutally killing him, GENIUS" but it was the wrong way to go. Should have been just random.

Exactly. That's why I hope it's Daryl or even Abraham.

Did not see it for a second in the comics. Kirkman had huge balls to pull it off.

So excited for Negan man. The actor is the best choice to play him too.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:39 pm

M99 wrote:I think they took away some of the shock by just stupidly adding in Glenn's fake death. It was shocking in the comics because Glenn was one of those characters whose life you took for granted, like Rick, Carl and Andrea. You never even thought of him getting killed of. Now the show decides to make viewers think he is dead for four weeks. I think they are hoping for a "those sly dogs making us think Glenn is dead, saving him, then brutally killing him, GENIUS" but it was the wrong way to go. Should have been just random.

Hot damn....

Yeah that would actually be terrible. The worst option is Glenn now.

Do you think they will skip Carl's eye accident like they did with Rick's? I haven't followed filming news but that would make one great mid season finale, especially if the horde of walkers break through the walls of Alexa dria and the community go all nuts on the walkers.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:51 pm

Mid season finale will definitely be walkers breaking through Alexandria. I have a feeling Carl will lose his eye. Andrew Lincoln said they decided not to cut off Ricks hand because CGI/green screen every episode (Rick appears in the most episodes) would be too expensive. A missing eye can be done through makeup combined with special effects and Coral wears a bandage or sunglasses most of the time after it any way.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:57 pm

They still haven't done either No way out or All out war have they?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:59 pm

All Out War is the war with the Saviors so no. Negan will be introduced in the finale.

No Way Out will be mid-season finale.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:00 am

Just googled Andrea and she is still alive in the comics Shocked

I still remember when she offered Laurie a threesome with her and Rick in the comics rofl

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:04 am

Best scene in the comic imo

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc58v7XTVL1qzo6p3o1_500.png
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:05 am

Can't believe AMC are allowed to show as much gore as possible but not allowed to use F-bombs :facepalm:

That rick line during Terminus still pisses me off.

Is Negan going to say Screw and Frick? Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:00 pm

COMICS: The Walking Dead [HUGE SPOILERS] My_cb67ea_5319094

Laughing

I hope AMC don't downplay Negan too much. He HAS to be over the top, otherwise he's just another Governor.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:17 am

Norman Reedus confirmed that the guy was indeed Dwight.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Apparently he also confirmed it was not Glenn who asked for help at the end.

So Dwight and his wife have already left The Saviours... I guess it makes him more likeable at the beginning.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:58 pm

I'm on to you Urban. You are reading the Spoiling Dead FB posts aren't you?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next