Should we sell Benzema?

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Should we sell Benzema?

Post by Valkyrja on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:25 pm

@Bankz wrote:CR7 would never go back to right wing and that is pretty much certain.

I feel that he is better on the right

Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:36 am

Press conference called by FFF on Thursday. It is speculated that Benzema will be suspended from NT.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:12 am

Breaking News: Benzema kicked out of the french NT until justice has made a decision. Will not play the euros unless a decision is made in his favor before this summer.

lmao

Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:21 am

Not a surprise, particularly after what you revealed a couple of days ago. I wouldn't be surprised if more charges come forth. Question is when will Flo react?

My guess is they will wait until end of trial to ensure he is guilty of a crime (i.e assumption of innocent until convicted), which will mean he (and his current good form) will survive this season (at least - these trials have a way of hanging on for years). Look for more and more rumours about his replacement. Bayern has just revealed Lewa has a no leave clause in his contract!!!
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:09 am

rofl its gonna be epic if benzema beats this.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:10 am

what is a 'no leave clause', if I may ask?

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:11 am

at least he won't get injured in pointless friendlies.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:13 am

Yep. No NT games will be a plus for any club Benzema plays for. Laughing

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:32 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:Yep. No NT games will be a plus for any club Benzema plays for. Laughing

I was talking about the current seaason

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:30 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:what is a 'no leave clause', if I may ask?

Sorry Hans, it's my english. It's a no release clause.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:34 pm

@chad4401 wrote:rofl its gonna be epic if benzema beats this.

You obviously haven't read the article Nick posted a couple of days ago or perhaps you just don't want to acknowlege facts.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:37 pm

The case will never be done before the Euro and there's no way Benz will come out clean unless he rats out some people in exchange (which is what the police want). If Benz wants to play the Euro, he needs to sing like a canary lol.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:15 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:what is a 'no leave clause', if I may ask?

Sorry Hans, it's my english. It's a no release clause.

None of our players has a release clause. It's not legally binding as it is in Spain.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:55 pm

It was to be expected, honestly. Now, the only question is how much of a drag would this be? We can still use him while his case is still pending, but I have no idea how quick/slow France's legal system is when it comes to wrapping up court cases. And most importantly, when he gets convicted, and assuming Perez still wants to hold on to him, will Real Madrid be forced to drop him? Does FFF have the power to suspend his club career as well?

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:15 pm

No. FFF only has NT jurisdiction. They couldn't even ban him from club football in France which is handled by the LFP.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:49 pm

@sportsczy wrote:The case will never be done before the Euro and there's no way Benz will come out clean unless he rats out some people in exchange (which is what the police want). If Benz wants to play the Euro, he needs to sing like a canary lol.

Even if he did, surely it would be a massive PR blunder without thinking about everything else involved for him to play in the Euros now lol?

Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:02 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:It was to be expected, honestly. Now, the only question is how much of a drag would this be? We can still use him while his case is still pending, but I have no idea how quick/slow France's legal system is when it comes to wrapping up court cases. And most importantly, when he gets convicted, and assuming Perez still wants to hold on to him, will Real Madrid be forced to drop him? Does FFF have the power to suspend his club career as well?

lol no they don't. if this had happened with a madrid player, with spain being the setting then it would be a concern for the spanish authorities, and for the club...not even so much the lfp. the suspension i think is down in part due to the controversy surrounding it, but i think the main reason is the message it sends- you can't have benzema and valbuena in the same vicinity because of the case, it complicates matters; as a result the fff would have had to pick one or suspend both. they can't suspend valbuena, he's the victim in this whole thing, and did nothing wrong. it will send a negative message if they suspended both, as it will portray them as playing favorites becasue benzema's a bigger star.

i may be wrong, people in france have a better following of the case, but that to me are the main reasons why its strictly a french football matter and doesn't cut across other football jurisdictions. if it was benzema and a madrid player (anyone apart from varane, since varane's french), i don't think the fff would have suspended him....he hasn't been proven guilty yet, so any punishment would be unfair. i think this is strictly because of the case and keeping him and valbuena apart. but benzema really needs to smarten up. this whole thing was very avoidable, its like trouble found him and he jumped into it head first without even thinking
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:18 pm

@titosantill wrote:
@The Demon of Carthage wrote:It was to be expected, honestly. Now, the only question is how much of a drag would this be? We can still use him while his case is still pending, but I have no idea how quick/slow France's legal system is when it comes to wrapping up court cases. And most importantly, when he gets convicted, and assuming Perez still wants to hold on to him, will Real Madrid be forced to drop him? Does FFF have the power to suspend his club career as well?

lol no they don't. if this had happened with a madrid player, with spain being the setting then it would be a concern for the spanish authorities, and for the club...not even so much the lfp. the suspension i think is down in part due to the controversy surrounding it, but i think the main reason is the message it sends- you can't have benzema and valbuena in the same vicinity because of the case, it complicates matters; as a result the fff would have had to pick one or suspend both. they can't suspend valbuena, he's the victim in this whole thing, and did nothing wrong. it will send a negative message if they suspended both, as it will portray them as playing favorites becasue benzema's a bigger star.

i may be wrong, people in france have a better following of the case, but that to me are the main reasons why its strictly a french football matter and doesn't cut across other football jurisdictions. if it was benzema and a madrid player (anyone apart from varane, since varane's french), i don't think the fff would have suspended him....he hasn't been proven guilty yet, so any punishment would be unfair. i think this is strictly because of the case and keeping him and valbuena apart. but benzema really needs to smarten up. this whole thing was very avoidable, its like trouble found him and he jumped into it head first without even thinking

Plus the FFF has seen the same report that Nick made us aware of a couple of days ago.

I expect the bigger question is does the FFF have higher standards than Madrid? The answer is of course no (remember just a while back Flo wouldn't touch Suarez because of his biting antics). But Flo doesn't have access to the report that FFF has plus it defies the legal process of hanging him out to dry before he is convicted (which he no doubt will be).

There also is the issue that an employee of Benz has been on his payroll in drug running. So far, Benz is not connected with that as yet, but things could get even worse for Benz.

I feel a bit different than Sports on this, in that the police are no doubt after Benz to sing, but that the end result will be a lessor sentence (or penalty) if he provides some information, but I severely doubt if Benz can come out of this scott free.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:38 pm

he's not the one they are after though. the only way he gets in any major trouble is if he was the one who started this whole thing to begin with...which i think we all know, he wasn't. he's in trouble for his ignorance (ignorance is no defense), not necessarily for the crime. at least that's the way i see it, i haven't read any concrete reports to make out much. as for his time with us at madrid, i said at the start of the season, that will depend largely on how we fair. guilty or not, if we finish empty handed, florentino's making a big clear-out. and benzema, still being a top commodity can be used as leverage to raise funds. now even if its worse than it is, the man still has a contract with us, the club can sell, but they won't drop him because of some bribery tape carried out by amateurs and idiots. if they do, he can sue.

flo didn't touch suarez (who i really wanted us to sign by the way) because he wasn't a madrid player, there was no obligation for flo to do anything in that instance (i don't think florentino even rates suarez highly, seen him telling some fan suarez wasn't very good, when suarez was at liverpool). the only way the club drops benzema is if he is the mastermind of his friend moving drugs, which i think is ridiculous. if benzema couldn't see the trouble arising from this whole situation, as well as the other legal situation he had years ago, there is no way he'll pull off being a drug lord trafficking contraband across the contenent
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:23 pm

Benz isn't a drug lord obviously...  But his friend is and he's employed full time by Benz.  So they're trying to surmise if Benz enables his friend's side business, turned a blind eye or had nothing to do with it.  

Again, they're not after Benz...  But he's involved with people who are involved in organized crime.  If they find leverage on Benz so he becomes a witness against these people, they'll use it.

Helping people blackmail your teammate is despicable and unforgivable to me regardless of legal implications.  That's what I'm angry about.  The rest just makes me.think that Benz is a naive moron...

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:43 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Benz isn't a drug lord obviously...  But his friend is and he's employed full time by Benz.  So they're trying to surmise if Benz enables his friend's side business, turned a blind eye or had nothing to do with it.  

Again, they're not after Benz...  But he's involved with people who are involved in organized crime.  If they find leverage on Benz so he becomes a witness against these people, they'll use it.

Helping people blackmail your teammate is despicable and unforgivable to me regardless of legal implications.  That's what I'm angry about.  The rest just makes me.think that Benz is a naive moron...

He is a good guy, but very stupid.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:30 pm

I wouldn't say he's a good guy. What he did was inexcusable. Acting as the middleman between blackmailers and your friend is not only stupid, it's also unethical.

Benzema, from what I can make out, is a guy who would do anything for Zenati, be it legal or illegal. If you're his homie, he'll take care of you because he'd rather go down with you than turn his back on you - A code which is like the bible for kids growing in rough neighborhoods.

Benzema needs to reevaluate that code because it's unfair, stupid and, ironically enough, discriminatory to the victim for it sides with the homie right or wrong.

If I was Zenati, and I really cared for Benzema and his well-being, I wouldn't ask him to meddle, because I realize it would come back later to haunt him. This is why I believe Benzema should really think about trimming his friend list.

So no. Benzema isn't a good guy, but he's not entirely bad either. He's selectively kind and generous. But he's also immoral and stupid.

Lose the garbage in your life for crying out loud and stop living by that stupid code. It'll damage your professional career, your public image and it might get you killed. So get your act together before they find you someday in a dumpster.
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:44 am

@titosantill wrote:he's not the one they are after though. the only way he gets in any major trouble is if he was the one who started this whole thing to begin with...which i think we all know, he wasn't. he's in trouble for his ignorance (ignorance is no defense), not necessarily for the crime. at least that's the way i see it, i haven't read any concrete reports to make out much. as for his time with us at madrid, i said at the start of the season, that will depend largely on how we fair. guilty or not, if we finish empty handed, florentino's making a big clear-out. and benzema, still being a top commodity can be used as leverage to raise funds. now even if its worse than it is, the man still has a contract with us, the club can sell, but they won't drop him because of some bribery tape carried out by amateurs and idiots. if they do, he can sue.

flo didn't touch suarez (who i really wanted us to sign by the way) because he wasn't a madrid player, there was no obligation for flo to do anything in that instance (i don't think florentino even rates suarez highly, seen him telling some fan suarez wasn't very good, when suarez was at liverpool). the only way the club drops benzema is if he is the mastermind of his friend moving drugs, which i think is ridiculous. if benzema couldn't see the trouble arising from this whole situation, as well as the other legal situation he had years ago, there is no way he'll pull off being a drug lord trafficking contraband across the contenent

Almost all contracts have a behaviour clause in them. A criminal conviction breaks the contract. Madrid will have no issues on getting rid of him. But my guess, if Flo has any standards (?), they will simply bring in a replacement next summer and sell him (when he may still have some value) and before trial is settled. That accomplishes two things, getting rid of the thug and 2. Selling him before he is convicted and his value drops.i
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:21 pm

my point is, even if this stuff didn't happen, there was still going to be a chance he'd get sold, considering barcelona won 3 titles last year, i saw this season as a last chance for a lot of the players to showcase their worth (another main reason flo didn't go to the market big this summer). as far as behavioral clauses, it depends on the crime- such clauses are very issue specific, they're not running out of ink. this blackmail thing just exacerbates the situation, but rumors on a sale would probably still have happened; unless the team goes into some sort of beast mode against both good and bad teams...not just benzema btw, a bunch of players on the squad as i said earlier are playing for their futures at this club
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Looks like the FFF are trying to set it up so Benz can play in the Euro. Here's why:
- The case wasn't taken to the ethics committee. Instead, Le Graet said any action would be delayed until the judicial system passes a verdict. That is completely contrary to how suspensions were handed out for disciplinary issues since 2010.... none of those were 1/10 as bad as this and the players got summarily suspended.
- Le Graet hinted that, although he knows nothing official, he knows enough to surmise that there isn't much to get Benz convicted. He also said that he expects the trial to be fast tracked.
- They're already laying the framework to incorporate the two players back in the squad by saying things like "you don't always work with friends in the professional world" or "you need to find common ground with your co-workers so you can do the job", etc.

Pretty clear that the ends are justifying the means here... the FFF is more interested in winning the Euro regardless of the shadiness of some of the team members. If anything, i get the feeling that Valbuena will be the one to get sacrificed especially since he's not playing well at all right now.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:50 pm

sure i was saying this since the case popped up, no matter how it looks benzema was a messenger at best, being stupid doesn't make you an horrible person maybe a poser.

if the FFF really wanted to ban him permanently they easily could've from the beginning, all their action shows they need him, hopefully valbuena can look past it for now and he shouldn't get dropped, that be kinda messed up after all that has happened.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top